PDA

View Full Version : WD Battle Strategy?

CLEMCO
05-27-2013, 11:53 AM
I have searched high and low to see if there is anything out there on this. I apologize if there is.

Without giving away anybody's top secret moves, I would love to hear some strategies that some use to maximize battles and strategies for scouting and wall demo. Basically open ideas for maximizing our efforts. We have been a decent faction since Greenland but still struggle to break the top 250! Thanks for input!

jchow69
05-27-2013, 11:54 AM
I have searched high and low to see if there is anything out there on this. I apologize if there is.

Without giving away anybody's top secret moves, I would love to hear some strategies that some use to maximize battles and strategies for scouting and wall demo. Basically open ideas for maximizing our efforts. We have been a decent faction since Greenland but still struggle to break the top 250! Thanks for input!

Have three or four of the weakest guys go after the wall and the two weakest ones go after the defense leader. All others set several guys to scout the enemy list for stats and people to beat. Choose a player to beat up and go do it.

TWAG
05-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Depends on the level of wall...

A level 10 wall will need 5-7 decent attack players with 4 hits each to take down. You can probably do it with 5 high attack players. But you need to most participation just for the wall

Domino_brown
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48297-Beginner-s-Guide-To-Running-A-Battle-(Tactics-Techniques-and-Procedures)

KFH
05-27-2013, 12:20 PM
make sure everyone understands their role before the battle, wall breaker, pa, scout. Communication is huge know who's going to Pa De Leader, so there are no wasted hits. And make sure the scouts report back, biggest loss of points for us is people not listening to the scouts and just swinging wildly.
LOl or Just go to LInk above great help for factions

Mr. Pink
05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
1. Communication is critical. Get a 3rd party app/forum and get members comfortable using it. As a general proxy, members who are most active on your app/forum leading up to war tend to be the most active communicating during war. These are your glue guys/girls and should be delegated key roles.

2. Keep your strategy as simple as possible. Implementing a new strategy is already hard so don't complicate it. Start simple and you can build on top of that over time.

3. Communicate the plan early and often. Every member should be sick of hearing the game plan by the time war rolls around.

4. Don't make last minute changes. It just confuses people.

5. Have a clear hierarchy and make sure each member has a clear understanding of what their roles are (in order of importance). Some (more active) members may have hybrid roles, some may be designated to specific tasks/roles. Set expectations accordingly. Make an honest assessment of your roster and see how everyone fits.

6. Each task should have 1-2 leaders. You should have a leader in charge of PA, Wall, Scouting. Work together and give the leaders the power to build the team they need to succeed. There should be a clear leader and a #2 the leader can hand off to when they are unavailable.

7. The mix of members in each role depends on the mix of your faction but you should have a steady pool of wall breakers to draw from.

8. It's a numbers game. You need to figure out how many points you need/want to score and back into a battle strategy that will allow you to achieve that score. If you want to break into top 250 you better be preparing a battle strategy that revolves around hitting 1.9 to 2.0 million points. You need to take an honest inventory around membership, activity, gold usage, and stats to formulate the right strategy. You'll need to make assumptions around points/win, # of battles, participation rate, win rate, etc. to figure out if your strategy will work. Once you have basic strategy down you can get more nuanced.

jchow69
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Yep, it takes a lot to be in the top 250.