PDA

View Full Version : XP only for reward for LTQ REALLY?

groovdog
05-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Discuss the utter stupidity (sorry needed 10 letters). Give me something I dont as a reward???

Allowishus79
05-27-2013, 09:54 AM
I guess campers will LOVE that !

Idiosyncrasy
05-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Those are qualifying rounds for endurance. Just like the Italian Jab event, every other goal had an item, although respect or even cash would be better than XP only.

Ciara
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM
It kinda made me laugh. If there's one prize that's guaranteed to annoy us all, it's prizes of nothing but yet more EXP. As if LTQs don't rack up the EXP it is. Let's play "guess the underpinning GREE strategy here" instead.

Dipstik
05-27-2013, 10:05 AM
You blame who for that now?

dudeman
05-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I'll take XP over a scavenger hunt any day. Thanks Gree for an event style that doesn't totally suck. Yeah, it sucks that there isn't a worthwhile reward for every step of the ltq, but it could be waaaaaay worse!

Figure I should give them credit where credit is due, since I am usually one of the first to talk about how bad they suck most of the time. :cool:

:p

P.S.: for those of you who don't think it could be way worse, just keep talking about how much "XP only" sucks and I'm sure Gree will be more than happy to show you just how much worse it could be. :eek:

Idiosyncrasy
05-27-2013, 10:22 AM
I personally like this event style. I grew tired of camping and started to just play the game, and this makes it more interesting. Now campers are at a disadvantage for not participating. I dislike crate events and I like events where you and your strategy are in control.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think XP only sucks. If every goal had an item, then there would be even more stat inflation. Only those who can, should. As dudeman said, it could be much worse.

RijilV
05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
they could just make half as many goals that are twice as long and not have the XP only levels...

Ciara
05-27-2013, 10:26 AM
P.S.: for those of you who don't think it could be way worse, just keep talking about how much "XP only" sucks and I'm sure Gree will be more than happy to show you just how much worse it could be. :eek:

LMAO. That would be an incredibly sociopathic response to general debate. That would be like thinking that the company is run by an eleven year old with a restricted EQ.

Senator McCarthy
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
No one in the game would want xp as a bonus unless there is a challenge prize for leveling up... which already happened. I can understand constant battles might be good for non-gold players to get free weapons but not xp. Gree isn't totally clueless and I think they are considering shutting down a certain gaming platform and seeing which game has more durability and running these constant events after events and not worry about burn out factor is kind of a test.

Or maybe they already have an "exit" date for CC and trying to milk as much money as possible and don't really care what players want.

murf
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
LMAO. That would be an incredibly sociopathic response to general debate. That would be like thinking that the company is run by an eleven year old with a restricted EQ.

Thank you...Finally, a voice of reason...

njemt242
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
I was kind of wishing for a pvp LTG event.

murf
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Discuss the utter stupidity (sorry needed 10 letters). Give me something I dont as a reward???

You do realize net we are getting the same rewards. The cash is just coming with the item instead of by itself. Even 4 levels we are getting 2 items, 1 cash and 1 RP. Same as the last LTQ.

TenderPlacebo
05-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Agree dudeman!!
While the XP is a bit high, you are getting good/free gear, can't really complain about that.
You do get respect along the way too, be it small amounts, it's not just XP.

I like the fact they are trying to utilize all the game mechanics,like doing jobs, rather then just PVP or case events.
I mean let's face it, this is the best deal you're going to get as far as stats per gold spent.
And even if you don't spend gold, this is still a great event to get stronger.

They need to continue in this direction; where people stop being punished for playing the game. I like the boss events as much as anyone else, but I hate the fact campers can complete it, while veterans and people who played the game get the shaft.

HoneyBadger3
05-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Call me old fashioned but XP is the only way to measure who's winning the game.

I want to know who the person is that can do the most jobs and win the most fights. Fancy stats are window dressing if you don't use them.

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!

Illuminati
05-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I think these limited time quest events are Gree's response to the numerous complaints from the higher level players regarding the boss events. Before the LTQ events were introduced, there was absolutely no reason to level up in this game. In fact, this is the first game I've played where leveling up is a bad thing. Not only is it virtually impossible to complete the epic boss events, but during syndicate wars, the higher levels are the biggest targets. Meanwhile the low level campers were able to cruise through the epic boss events collecting 40+ items as rewards which the higher levels couldn't.

Now with the LTQs, the higher levels, who presumably have larger energy pools, actually have an advantage and can collect nice items along the way. It forces the lower levels to make a choice as to whether they want to keep camping, or participate in the LTQs and level up in the process.

Coldjoey
05-27-2013, 11:31 AM
It could be worse, it could be better. Just play the game that's in front of you. At least they haven't given you a henchmen as a prize. YET.

bald zeemer
05-28-2013, 04:30 AM
It's a fantastic thing. The game now involves making a decision on whether you will make one sacrifice for a certain set of rewards, or a different sacrifice for a different set of rewards. In other words, players are forced to make a strategic decision.

Droop1972
05-28-2013, 07:28 AM

I want to know who the person is that can do the most jobs and win the most fights. Fancy stats are window dressing if you don't use them.

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!

that's how i play....I don't camp.....I have taken up farming but with these LTQ events you can't farm.

I'm level 195 and have 38K fights won and 31K robberies. Camping is boring. I tried it for 3 days and got bored

madawgg
05-28-2013, 07:40 AM
It's a compensation for boss events...if you are a camper...don't play ltq. Ltq is designed specifically for high lvl players who has a lot of energy

groovdog
05-29-2013, 05:48 AM

Next event a weekly prize for most XP?!This is so a**backwards as to be amusing. Power is all that matters. Any idiot can get xp, its based on how much you play and has zero to do with how you play. More importantly, you get fewer points in battles if you are high level and others get more for hitting you. The only advantage levels brings is access to items and some stat points which dont matter once you hit about 125 anyways. IPH wise you can do fine building as you go leveling reasonably and keeping the high end buildings till you can actually build them and upgrade them.

This coming from a camper who put on 60 levels in the last 6 weeks or so. I dont mind xp for something worthwhile even if its cash I dont need since its so piddly anyways. Its just insulting to get xp as a reward.

bald zeemer
05-29-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm pretty sure his point is that the fact that XP is a negative is, at best, a highly unusual feature of CC.

Yslimi
05-29-2013, 10:17 AM
What is the minimum level to do a mission event? I am level 32 currently but have never been able to do any mission event other than crates and boss level.

HoneyBadger3
05-29-2013, 10:57 AM
You're not just getting XP as a reward in LTQ. Same as you're not just getting influence as a reward in Syndicate (unless you're doing it wrong). These events just use those resulting points earned from level of participation to determine who gets what items.

I agree that power determines who is best. I am also saying I use XP/IP to measure that power.

No?