PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Crime City Battle Guide?

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I have had a lot of people ask me too make a battle guide for them... but theres a few things of I am not sure of how to answer by myself.

Why is it that someone With lets say 40k attack... loses to someone with 36k defense? ( I had no answer for this)

The other thing that even myself I am not sure of...

Why is it some people I attack With Low Mafia, and a Lower level I get good Influence points per attack... but yet I attack someone with a higher level and higher defense... i get less points...

If I attack someone With a really low level and low defense I get nothing at all.

What is the Secret formula for approximately Determining Points scored per attack?

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Not Going to lie Syns Guides are all outdated... except maybe the money building guides
Some of the others suck now / are outdated

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
hmmm anyone?

dudeman
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
It's all random and the minute you think you have it figured out, it changes.

Abandon this pointless endeavour if you don't enjoy pointless headaches.

Or don't, whatever. Your call.

reesebutton
05-26-2013, 06:11 PM
why is it that someone With lets say 40k attack... loses to someone with 36k defense? ( I had no answer for this)

1. Random number generator. Keeps a lil bit of uncertainty.
2. Your opponent could have points in defence ability, its a wildcard that u can't see

why is it some people I attack With Low Mafia, and a Lower level I get good Influence points per attack... but yet I attack someone with a higher level and higher defense... i get less points...

If I attack someone With a really low level and low defense I get nothing at all.

What is the Secret formula for approximately Determining Points scored per attack?

You score a range of points, and the ranges overlap. Generally u get a better range when defeating opponents high level than u, the higher the better.

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 06:40 PM
hmm i figured it was worth a shot.

I have been trying to figure out how like some people always get 400 - 500

and how some get 200 against the same people...

There have also been some people at a lower level that i have attacked that give me more points CONSISTANTLY

then attacking someone with a higher level CONSISTANTLY

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 06:54 PM
40k attack losing to 36k is hardly surprising, and probably somewhat common. The game most definitely has a randomness factor attached to fights, where the difference in stats determines the odds of a victory, rather than the victor. E.g. perhaps something like if you have 15% more attack than the opponent's defense, you have an 80% chance at winning. Then the game determines the winner via some random draw (e.g. purely hypothetical, but perhaps something like if you have an 80% chance of winning, the numbers 1-80 are assigned to you while your opponent gets 81-100, and then the game randomly selects a number from 1 to 100 to determine the victor).

For those purposes, you need at least 25% more attack than your opponent's defense to be assured of a victory. I'm not sure what the figure is exactly, but I lost a few matches last syndicate war (over hundreds of attacks) with 25% more attack than their defense. So perhaps 30% is an even safer figure. If I had 40k attack, I wouldn't be dumping gold hits on anyone with a 30k defense or above. If their weakest player had a 35k defense, then I would use my free attacks on him, but not be surprised if I go 3 for 4.

The influence points seem to me to be based on level ranges and give a random amount of points in a given IP range. Again, I don't know what the exact figures are, but the top tier of influence points has to be an opponent at least 30 levels above you (I don't know the exact number, but it most certainly isn't less than 30, and probably not more than 50). I have no idea of the exact figures for lower level opponents, but the points work something like:

Opponent's level - your levelInfluence point range
over 40300-565 IP
25 to 40250-500
0 to 24200-450
-24 to -1150-350
less than -2550-100

These figures are total speculation/guesses on my part; I can't attest to the level ranges or the point ranges, mainly because I primarily attack players well above my level. I feel alright about the top range, as I don't think I've gotten less than 300 points or more than 565 points for an attack on someone more than 50 levels above me. I think the ranges are uniformly distributed-- that is, the average number of points for an attack on someone in that range is probably the midpoint of that range. So yeah, if you attack 4 times you might get something like 323, 500, 376, 442... but if you were to attack someone hundreds of times, I believe you'd start approaching the same number of average points for someone in a given "tier." So don't look at the IP result of one attack, look at the average number of IP over many attacks.

Also, I can't attest to this at all and perhaps a high level player can, but it seems like you get the max amount of IP points on someone level 250, even if you are fairly close to level 250 yourself? E.g. a level 235 player would average more points on a level 250 player than a level 135 player would on a level 150.

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 07:22 PM
40k attack losing to 36k is hardly surprising, and probably somewhat common. The game most definitely has a randomness factor attached to fights, where the difference in stats determines the odds of a victory, rather than the victor. E.g. perhaps something like if you have 15% more attack than the opponent's defense, you have an 80% chance at winning. Then the game determines the winner via some random draw (e.g. purely hypothetical, but perhaps something like if you have an 80% chance of winning, the numbers 1-80 are assigned to you while your opponent gets 81-100, and then the game randomly selects a number from 1 to 100 to determine the victor).

For those purposes, you need at least 25% more attack than your opponent's defense to be assured of a victory. I'm not sure what the figure is exactly, but I lost a few matches last syndicate war (over hundreds of attacks) with 25% more attack than their defense. So perhaps 30% is an even safer figure. If I had 40k attack, I wouldn't be dumping gold hits on anyone with a 30k defense or above. If their weakest player had a 35k defense, then I would use my free attacks on him, but not be surprised if I go 3 for 4.

The influence points seem to me to be based on level ranges and give a random amount of points in a given IP range. Again, I don't know what the exact figures are, but the top tier of influence points has to be an opponent at least 30 levels above you (I don't know the exact number, but it most certainly isn't less than 30, and probably not more than 50). I have no idea of the exact figures for lower level opponents, but the points work something like:

Opponent's level - your levelInfluence point range
over 40300-565 IP
25 to 40250-500
0 to 24200-450
-24 to -1150-350
less than -2550-100

These figures are total speculation/guesses on my part; I can't attest to the level ranges or the point ranges, mainly because I primarily attack players well above my level. I feel alright about the top range, as I don't think I've gotten less than 300 points or more than 565 points for an attack on someone more than 50 levels above me. I think the ranges are uniformly distributed-- that is, the average number of points for an attack on someone in that range is probably the midpoint of that range. So yeah, if you attack 4 times you might get something like 323, 500, 376, 442... but if you were to attack someone hundreds of times, I believe you'd start approaching the same number of average points for someone in a given "tier." So don't look at the IP result of one attack, look at the average number of IP over many attacks.

Also, I can't attest to this at all and perhaps a high level player can, but it seems like you get the max amount of IP points on someone level 250, even if you are fairly close to level 250 yourself? E.g. a level 235 player would average more points on a level 250 player than a level 135 player would on a level 150.

Thank you big money... this was very insightful... If i decide to make a syndicate battle guide do you mind if I use some of that? I will credit your name as my source.

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Sure, I don't mind. Most of that is speculation, except for the part about 30% more attack than opponent's defense being a safe margin for gold hits.

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 07:33 PM
do you happen to know the formula for a power attack btw big money?

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 08:02 PM
A power attack uses 100HP in exchange for a 50% boost in your attack. So if I have a 200K attack, my power attack is 300K (200K + 50% of 200K = 200K + 100K). The rest of the fight proceeds as normal. I think it's common at the top syndicates to use a really weak player or players to power attack an opponent's DL. If you power attack a DL and win, the DL goes down which opens up the rest of their syndicate to attack (this happens whether or not the attack was a normal attack or a power attack). If you power attack the DL and lose, you take half of their shield points (that DL health bar), and they get the points for winning a fight (which is why you want a weak/low level player to do it, because the opponent gets a lot less points killing a level 10 than a level 200). Thus it would take two failed power attacks to take down an opponent's DL (as opposed to ten regular attacks). However, if you know you have a player that can kill their DL, you should use a normal attack to do so (since that player will only use 25HP to do so).

Aside from killing the DL, it's likely a mistake to use a power attack.

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
I agree if you think you can beat them outright go ahead... but like myself my attack stats are only 120k something...

some of the other top 100 syndicates have defensive leaders around 150k - 200k.

JonHanFord
05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
i have a question

Situation:

i have 100HP , then i use "Attack" to my opponent 4 times . and i got 200 IP every attack , it means i got 800 IP for 4x attack .. this is the question ..

if i use "Power Attack" instead of "Attack" to my opponent , How many IP i get ?? it is higher than 4x "attack" ??

gambet1234
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Big Money beat me here... spot on.

gambet1234
05-26-2013, 08:53 PM
i have a question

Situation:

i have 100HP , then i use "Attack" to my opponent 4 times . and i got 200 IP every attack , it means i got 800 IP for 4x attack .. this is the question ..

if i use "Power Attack" instead of "Attack" to my opponent , How many IP i get ?? it is higher than 4x "attack" ??

You would usually only use the power attack if you were hitting the DL and he was stronger than you... that would get your Syn half way to beating him.

You, as a low level player with very nice Attack would use a Power Attack to hit an EXTREMELY high level rival that has a pitiful defense score that you can almost guarantee a win against at 1.5x your attack. This can sometimes result in a ridiculous amount of IP given for winning that single attack. (though the level has to be so far higher than yours that this will rarely beat out using 4 attacks against someone you can beat with a regular attack)

Sometimes you will have a hideout that your team can't take down. It will be better for your weakest members to PA a rival and win than to hit the hideout for a measly 20IP four times. Most winning attacks pay our over 80IP.

tl:dr power attacks are almost exclusively for taking out a VERY high defense DL with two PAs from your weakest team members.

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 09:35 PM

You don't get any more points for using a power attack instead of a normal attack. As others said, you might get slightly more points for being able to attack a higher level player than you would normally be able to attack, but we're talking a difference of 50-100 points at the cost of all four of your attacks. It is much better to attack a similar level player and win 200 points four times (normal attack) than it is to use one power attack and get 350 points once. Don't use your power attack unless you're killing a DL.

You, as a low level player with very nice Attack would use a Power Attack to hit an EXTREMELY high level rival that has a pitiful defense score that you can almost guarantee a win against at 1.5x your attack. This can sometimes result in a ridiculous amount of IP given for winning that single attack. (though the level has to be so far higher than yours that this will rarely beat out using 4 attacks against someone you can beat with a regular attack)

No, this isn't going to be the case. When I was a level 90, I got the same average number of points defeating a level 140, 172, and 211 (averaged around ~315IP/atk sans IP bonus). I could have attacked someone much closer to my level (only a little above mine) for something like 290-300 on average. If you think it's a "ridiculous" amount, it's because you got lucky and hit the upper limit of that scale (e.g. 450 points sans IP bonus) and perhaps got unlucky when attacking someone closer to your level (e.g. 230 IP). There isn't enough of a difference to justify a normal attack on a higher level player you might lose against, let alone a big enough difference to justify using a power attack. For a power attack to be justified, you'd have to be able to earn 4 times as many points on average winning against that higher level player as you could winning a regular attack on a similarly leveled player.

Sometimes you will have a hideout that your team can't take down. It will be better for your weakest members to PA a rival and win than to hit the hideout for a measly 20IP four times. Most winning attacks pay our over 80IP.

IMO this depends on how frequently you're battling. I take it you're waiting at least 100 minutes after a battle ends before you start another, in which case I guess you'd be right... in this incredibly contrived example. In my experience, in this sort of situation (e.g. a match against FC), it's best to throw two attacks at their wall and sit and wait until the hour is over so that you can immediately declare again. I guess my assumption here is that using a hideout isn't a very big deal, whereas perhaps it is more of an issue at lower levels (though I don't see why it should be, your hideout only effects other syndicate's ability to score points). If you're battling more frequently than that, however, it would be wise for those players to just save their attacks for the next battle.

JonHanFord
05-26-2013, 10:02 PM
You mean . its BETTER to "attack"(4x) the Opponent than "Power Attack"(1x) the Opponent<~(Not DL)

Kcimz00
05-26-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?56000-Official-Crime-City-Syndicate-Battle-Guide

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
You mean . its BETTER to "attack"(4x) the Opponent than "Power Attack"(1x) the Opponent<~(Not DL)

Yes. If you're referring to: "there isn't enough of a difference to justify a normal attack on a higher level player you might lose against, let alone a big enough difference to justify using a power attack."

What I meant was that it's better to choose a target you can safely beat 4 times in a row than a higher level target you risk losing to with a normal attack. (E.g. in the example from earlier, if I had an attack of 40K, and there was a higher level opponent with 35K defense, I would probably choose a target closer to my level who had less than 30K defense).

Basically it boils down to this:
1. How many points can I expect to average on an opponent of this level?
2. What are my chances of winning against this player?

Multiply these numbers together and go with the higher one (though it seems some people don't have as good of an idea of their chances as to winning as you might expect, in which case I just tell them to go by the 25% more attack than defense rule).

E.g. I'm level 100 with an attack of 100k. On the other team, there are two targets, Target A (level 160, def. 90k) and Target B (level 110, def. 70k).
A: (~400 IP/atk) * (80% chance of winning) * 4 attacks = expected 1280 IP.

B: (~350 IP/atk) * (100% chance of winning) * 4 attacks = expected 1400 IP.

I can verify the 400 IP/atk estimate for Target A (again, including my 25% IP bonus), Target B is somewhat of a guess, but note that it can be as low as 321 IP/atk and still be the better option (and I'm 99.9% sure it's better than 320 IP/atk, even though I haven't done hundreds of attacks on a player 10 levels above me to personally verify).

If you're thinking I'm just making **** up, go ahead and get out a pad and paper and keep it next to your tablet or whatever when you're fighting in the next syndicate war, and just keep track of how many levels above you your target was and how many IP points you got for winning. If you're doubting my 25% rule, you can also keep track of the percent difference in your attack vs. their defense: [(your attack/their defense) - 1] * 100% = percent difference.

Alex_
05-27-2013, 01:43 AM
What I do is find 2 or 3 players other syndicate. I attack player 1 then player 2 then player 3 then 1 again. If you keep attacking the same player your influence points drops so its helps to keep it up by rotating your attacking.

On the subject of attacking and defending off rivals I think points you put into your skills page for attack and defence have a bigger effect than is generally considered.

I dont believe that each skill point equals just 10 points added to your stat attack / defence when you fight because it is displayed as a different item on your battle result screen . That is also why your opponents defence is hidden because it is designed as some kind of wild card of chance.

Just at a thought but it appears there two battles taking part during each fight between two rivals. The first is stat attack vs stat defence, and the second is skill attack vs skill defence. The winner of that second battle gets some kind of bonus of wild card added to their attack/defence which affects the result. I think the part where it says add skills points to improve your "chances" in battle is key to understanding this.

BigMoney
05-27-2013, 01:55 AM
What I do is find 2 or 3 players other syndicate. I attack player 1 then player 2 then player 3 then 1 again. If you keep attacking the same player your influence points drops so its helps to keep it up by rotating your attacking.

No. This is just superstition. The points awarded are semi-random. Your points do not "drop" at all aside from random fluctuations from the mean.

Attack the highest level player you can safely kill, and do it repeatedly. Changing who you attack is at best a waste of time, and at worst costing you points you could have earned if you had stuck with the highest level person you could safely attack.

bald zeemer
05-27-2013, 02:02 AM
On the necessary margin to guarantee a win, I think that it is actually closer to 40%, but that around 30% it's about 99%. I've definitely lost to players with a better than 30% advantage, but it only ever happened once or twice in an hour of constant attacks (250-400 attacks, depending on my connection at the time).

c00guy
05-27-2013, 03:39 AM
What about high level versus low level wall attacks? Does that result in a difference in wall damage, IP per hit or both? Is there a formula for wall damage or IP?

N41LZ
05-27-2013, 04:04 AM
No. This is just superstition. The points awarded are semi-random. Your points do not "drop" at all aside from random fluctuations from the mean.

This happens 100% of the time - I get less points 2nd time i attack the same rival.
I think a penalty rate is in place to encourage you to attack someone else which makes sense - you take a bigger risk by taking on somebody else - you earn more points.

That said, if you come across a very high lvl nerfed player (those 500 doomsday frags can't help you now!), we hit the **** out of him repeatedly for the lulz

BigMoney
05-27-2013, 04:14 AM
This happens 100% of the time - I get less points 2nd time i attack the same rival.
I think a penalty rate is in place to encourage you to attack someone else which makes sense - you take a bigger risk by taking on somebody else - you earn more points.

100% of the time, you say? Based on what, a sample size of 2 total attacks? :rolleyes:

N41LZ
05-27-2013, 04:31 AM
100% of the time, you say? Based on what, a sample size of 2 total attacks? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would really speak from experience from only 2 attacks.....geez
4000+ attacks if you count each war

Maybe I have really bad luck, but for the last 4 wars, this has been the case with me every battle.
I find every untouched opponenet I successfully hit nets more IP then one i've hit before.
Others in my syn report the same.

ccmike
05-28-2013, 05:02 AM
What about high level versus low level wall attacks? Does that result in a difference in wall damage, IP per hit or both? Is there a formula for wall damage or IP?

Don't know the exact formula but better your stats r the higher the ip is.