PDA

View Full Version : Problem Loading/Refreshing Rivals List

dudeman
05-26-2013, 11:14 AM
As the title says, I cannot refresh my rivals list. I can visit any rival on the list I am given, but when I try to refresh I see the loading wheel for a moment and then get a message that there was a problem loading the rivals list and to try again later. After I close that message it pops up again for no reason.

Anyone else having that problem? I can still withdraw cash from the bank, deposit cash, do jobs, visit rival hoods from the list I can't refresh, visit friends hoods, view syndicate info, and just about everything else that requires a server call...

So why am I stuck with the same list of rivals that cannot be refreshed?

There's no point in sending a ticket over this. If it takes as long as my current ticket to have resolution (3 months and counting) I might not be playing an unplayable game for that long.

punawa
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
no trouble for me about the refreshing.

Lars
05-26-2013, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem. After some time I usually can refresh again but soon next error screen will appear.

dudeman
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I have the same problem. After some time I usually can refresh again but soon next error screen will appear.

How long would you say "some time" is? I've tried restarting the app, restarting my device, doing a complete shut down and letting it sit for 10 minutes, and I still have this issue occurring.

Quite frustrating.

MsTink0514
05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
I haven't had that issue, but I do get the issue where I go to the rivals list and I have an option of 2-3 people to fight lol...Kind of frustrating more than anything

dudeman
05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I wonder if this issue is somehow related to the above average number of BLNT results I am getting from the current collect-20 event.

:confused:

dgwalker
05-26-2013, 12:20 PM
This happens to me if I am on an overloaded wifi network. Rival lists are very slow to load and I almost always BLNT the opens. I think BLNT is the "default" operation if your phone can't connect to the GREE servers .

I wonder if this issue is somehow related to the above average number of BLNT results I am getting from the current collect-20 event.

:confused:

dudeman
05-26-2013, 12:28 PM
This happens to me if I am on an overloaded wifi network. Rival lists are very slow to load and I almost always BLNT the opens. I think BLNT is the "default" operation if your phone can't connect to the GREE servers .

I can connect to the server just fine. As mentioned, I can do almost everything requiring a server call except refreshing the rivals list.

And the wifi network I'm on only has three iPads using it, one of which is mine.

Lars
05-26-2013, 01:43 PM
How long would you say "some time" is? I've tried restarting the app, restarting my device, doing a complete shut down and letting it sit for 10 minutes, and I still.

I just continue trying, after 3-6 attempts it usually works. If not, I did something else (TLQ) and return to the rival screen. Usually it works for two or three times then.

gambet1234
05-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Just a thought. Maybe they are trying to fix the timing issue between iOS servers and Android servers. This might go along with the "too beat up to attack" messages.

A few days ago I was robbed before my collections were up. Yesterday I was robbed after I had collected and deposited 100% successfully. The first three robberies listed yesterday were listed as 60k, 60k, 30k and then 0, 0, 0 after that. The $0 robberies were "revenge" only links and the player confirmed that they were robbing me and never attacked. They also confirmed that they were told they got successful robberies and never got any cash from them. It was unclear if they didn't get cash from the robbing or if they did get cash but nothing got deposited when they went to their bank and deposited. I feel there might be a lag between the iOS servers and the Android servers that is causing problems, though the rival didn't confirm that they were iOS (I'm all Android, now).

Maybe this is them fixing the timing problem with people getting rivals on their lists that shouldn't be there and the associated issues that come with it. Best of luck to you. Update us if anything changes. Hope it resolves soon (both problems).

dudeman
05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I've had the same rivals list all day long now. Cannot refresh it and it stays the same even when logging out/in, restarting device, etc.

Not cool Gree.... Unless this is something broken because you're actually going ahead and adding more hood expansions. If that is the case, cool, I'll deal with it. If not, FIX IT!!!