PDA

View Full Version : Defense buildings

Nugget
05-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Damn drunk and typing on iphone and pist didnt go througj. Trying agaun. Summary defense buildings are useless becaus they dont keep up with the inflation of attack points from missions and everything else. I know defens buildings have a differebt formula. Ut fihured weipons had finite amount. Now that attack weapons keep being introduced with super high stats defense buildings are useless. Your thoughts?

Rastas
05-26-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree you are drunk.

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 12:11 AM
If there was a forum equivalent to a trash can, this topic would be sent there.

Nugget
05-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Lol agree. May be easier to type from computer. My strategy was that there was a finite amount of attack and defense points. This was the was the way the game was originally set up. So my strategy was to build economy wnd weapoms, and since these were finite quantities and stats, to build defense buildings while saving money and upgrading buildings. Now thay missions and all kinds of other game aspects are introduced that add thousands of attack points, defense buildings are even more worthless. An extra 50 points per defense building does nothing against a weapon of 5k attack. Agreed?

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Defense buildings are useless for a variety of reasons: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

The way stat inflation is, pretty much all weapons currently in circulation now will also be useless a few months down the line.

Nugget
05-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes i agree. And in the long run a building that has 250 defense at level 5 will be worth nothing in a year when attack weapons attack points are increased. So i will still to increasing iph and purchasing weapons (as im a no gold spender). Used to be pretty strong but losing a lot of attacks lately.

bald zeemer
05-26-2013, 01:16 AM
A building that has "250 defense" at level 5 doesn't have 250 defense, and is essentially useless already (or even before the enormous recent stat inflation).

Stat inflation just makes it even more worthless.

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't say defense buildings are completely worthless. They do a good job of obscuring my nightclubs.

(I'm not sure how to measure how well though, since I seem to get failed robs on them when I'm sleeping, but I also get constantly attacked by people during the day that have no business trying to rob me let alone attack me).

bald zeemer
05-26-2013, 01:47 AM
The problem with trying to hide NCs is that it's always worth robbing, even at L1. And since the "up for grabs" symbol can't be hidden, they'll always get found if someone is looking.

BigMoney
05-26-2013, 06:06 AM
The problem with trying to hide NCs is that it's always worth robbing, even at L1. And since the "up for grabs" symbol can't be hidden, they'll always get found if someone is looking.

Well, I wouldn't rob a L1 NC, it's too much XP for too little cash for me. And I know the rob symbol can't be hidden, which is which I have a Brownstone right at the corner of the NC, so that hopefully the NC rob icon is mistaken for the Brownstone's rob icon. Plus, I hope it would cause people who quickly gloss over my hood to hopefully think it's not worth a return visit. I know that if I were to visit someone's hood and I saw some decent level NCs, I'd be sure to check their hood again every time I see them on the rival's list.