PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for faction vs. faction competition

JimmyThePick
05-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Archer59’s thread ( 24 Hour Faction Fight Challenge) and Starling’s thread ( Faction Match Ups ) got me thinking about possibly combining both ideas. Archer suggested Gree sponsor a 24 hour event where similarly rated factions battle based on WD event position; up to 25 above or 25 below. Starling suggested that Gree allow a faction to specifically battle another faction. Basically, in the hybrid event, one faction leader is allowed to challenge another specific faction within the (+25 -25) range. There is a time limit of 72 hours to respond, after which a new challenge can be issued. If the challenge is accepted, the leaders agree to a specific time to battle within the next 72 hours. Not only could the battle time be a point of negotiation, but so could the use of gold (honor system), and other additional stakes. Each battle lasts 1 hour. The stakes? Beside pride, how about each leader has the ability to wager money and/or concrete from the faction bank (250 million/500 million/1 billion for instance)? The losing side is allowed one double or nothing re-challenge opportunity immediately following the results of the initial battle. It ends up being a best of 3 challenge if the factions split the first two battles and both elect to challenge again. Thoughts, opinions, other ideas, improvements, trash it, ect..?

PITA4PRES
05-25-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure about this because all I can think about is all the ways Gree could screw this up. It's an interesting concept, but I honestly don't think they could make it work. I think it might work better if the factions had say 24-48 hours where they can raid and attack the opposing faction members because trying to get a faction together at a specific time could be difficult. This way the members can participate on their own time when they are able. You could add up points and money earned from raiding/attacking to determine the winner. A cash prize for the faction that wins the most money, and the money is deposited into their faction bank. Maybe some sort of a unit for the one that earns the most points. If they win in both categories, they get an extra 10% (maybe more) added to their cash winnings.

jchow69
05-25-2013, 04:58 PM
This is a pretty difficult mess and like PITA4PRES said, Gree can screw it up.

JimmyThePick
05-25-2013, 07:23 PM
@pitapres: The raiding aspect is a neat addition especially within a faction level PvP battle. i.e. If you don't have gold but you do have stamina, it could keep the teams busy throughout the battle.
@jchow: I was hoping for something more constructive, but 'trash it' was an option. :)

Your points are well taken, it is a little complex. Perhaps scale it back? Best of 3 any faction vs. any faction. There are issues with this approach too, but its definitely easier to implement.

Xyranthios
05-25-2013, 11:05 PM
It's a good concept but I don't know if it work that well

I am a cow
05-26-2013, 03:08 AM
GREE won't like it and I'm sorry but I'm going to have to go with GREE :(