PDA

View Full Version : To camp or not to camp, here is the question!

Sexy Calindra
05-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Hello,

I am just curious about something about this game. It seems that many players and even some guilds are camping! Is there any reason for this? I do not see any advantage for doing this and this seem pretty boring to do so. If I miss something, please let me know. Thanks.:confused:

Klassenr@hotmail.com
05-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Calindra,
Before the recent advent of LTQ's with huge stat indestructibles camping was an important strategy. Dragons were the hero of the day and they were very expensive. The BD itself was close to 2Mil gold just for the final lvl 10 upgrade. All that said, camping while upgrading your income buildings was almost a necessity. If you leveled too fast you would be surrounded by players much stronger than you leaving you with little chance to defend against attacks. Today? Ehh.. Maybe not so much.. :)

Sexy Calindra
05-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks. This is what I thoughts but as of now, this is detrimental. No? If you are not actively playing the LTQ and the guild wars, you are doomed. Right! Why do we have guilds offering camping?! I do not understand the concept.

Eddard KFF
05-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Well, they have time and cost reduction bonuses, so low level players can increase their IPH faster.

Sexy Calindra
05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, they have time and cost reduction bonuses, so low level players can increase their IPH faster.

But on the other hand, the gap between them and the strong active guild/players is getting bigger every day. That is part of the problem with this game in a sense. No one can beat FUN anymore. We always know who will win the first few places in each war. :(

goowokji
05-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Guilds offer camping because you don't start the game with 1500 indestructible units. For every level you gain you are allowed to bring 15 more units into PvP battles. Camping also allows players time to upgrade the money buildings so they can afford further army stat increases. It is much easier to upgrade a manor to 10 at lvl 41 than it is at lvl 100. Ofcourse if you are a heavy cash player than pls. disregard everything I just said.

glitters
05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
If everyone camped, then who will level up and feed the whales? Obviously the whales need to be entertained or they'll die of boredom. Gree has ensured that by throwing a trail of wonderful trinkets and baubles for you leading right into their mouths.

Lutrafin
05-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I have starting camping on this and MW to try for a boss event and just increase my income

Seryna
05-25-2013, 12:15 AM
While I wouldn't call myself a camper, there is strategy to not leveling too quickly. I still participate in the LTQs...at least until the xp get too much. But I have stopped doing regular quests, farming, or raiding. The reason for this is because as a lower level player you get much more conquest points in the war giving your guild an advantage. Plus you delay getting to whale territory until they increase the max level.

Racr-X
05-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Thank you for sharing...

TempusDA
05-27-2013, 04:12 AM
2 Reasons for Camping

1) Some just want to enjoy the game and not be too involved with wars or meet some daily level of involvement other than donations.

2) To build the ultimate war Machine.
War is all about points, and points are determined by the difference of levels between the rivals during the war. The higher the level the opponent is above you when you win you get more points the lower the opponent is below your level the less points you get.

So basically eventually point wise a guild with low level high stats players can earn points faster and cheaper. So people are trying to start their characters over again and try to get to the point where they can get characters that have a 2 to 3 + level multiplier for stats.

so imagine a level 60 character with 120 to 180 attack stats attacking people that are twice there level and winning they would get about 400+ points per attack. imagine people attacking a player that is half their level they would prob get like 100 points.

Sexy Calindra
05-27-2013, 05:49 AM
2 Reasons for Camping

1) Some just want to enjoy the game and not be too involved with wars or meet some daily level of involvement other than donations.

2) To build the ultimate war Machine.
War is all about points, and points are determined by the difference of levels between the rivals during the war. The higher the level the opponent is above you when you win you get more points the lower the opponent is below your level the less points you get.

So basically eventually point wise a guild with low level high stats players can earn points faster and cheaper. So people are trying to start their characters over again and try to get to the point where they can get characters that have a 2 to 3 + level multiplier for stats.

so imagine a level 60 character with 120 to 180 attack stats attacking people that are twice there level and winning they would get about 400+ points per attack. imagine people attacking a player that is half their level they would prob get like 100 points.

Thanks! It is only bizarre that a game is design in a way that it is better to not be really active in order to keep your lever low.... In every game I played, we are looking to increase your levels ASAP....

Kreciva
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
If the new LTQs mean that camping is really just for increasing iph, is it better to do box quests rather than boss quests? Right now I am level 80 with 200k+ attack 175k defense. I want to do the LTQs, but I am concerned about leveling to fast.