PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Faction Gold

Sok82
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Idea up for discussion --

What would the implications be if the leader of each faction had the ability to buy gold that landed in a Faction gold vault, and then could be distributed amongst the faction members as the leader saw fit?

The $$$ for the gold would be collected off-site (an application that pools funds like GroupMe, or possibly a trusted team member's Paypal account), and only the leader (or possibly a designated "Treasurer") could spend the money, similar to how the faction vault works now.

Perhaps a new bonus program could be devised for the faction gold purchases. If a faction saw fit, they could charge "dues" for membership, with which they purchased gold and distributed the bonus gold (evenly, based on WD points from previous wars....however they decided).

Thoughts on this idea?

v8mustang
05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Where can I find out about this "new bonus program"?

quagmir
05-24-2013, 09:01 AM
lets add more to an already broken game...they cant even get ltq units right but you want them to create something you can do yourself with itune cards or paypal?

Sok82
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
That's already in the pipeline.

How do you know that?

Sok82
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Where can I find out about this "new bonus program"?

It doesn't exist, v8mustang. This was just an idea up for discussion.

Sok82
05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
lets add more to an already broken game...they cant even get ltq units right but you want them to create something you can do yourself with itune cards or paypal?

To your first point - I 100% agree...Gree should focus on fixing the outstanding issues before exploring options like this.

To your second - I 100% disagree. I can use GroupMe or Palringo to communicate better with my faction-mates...does that mean Gree shouldn't try to improve the forum chat functionality? App developers need to constantly improve their games, or else they will go stale, or someone else will come along with an app that's easier to use. After fixing bugs, I would hope that Gree would listen to its customers and make improvements that increase their bottom line and make the game more fun and/or challenging.

Steelersfan
05-24-2013, 09:58 AM
My faction had the same idea.

Sok82
05-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Doesn't matter how I know, expect to see it down the line. It's a good idea.

I hope you're right. It could significantly change the dynamic of the game, and I think it would make good business sense for Gree. I think mid-tier factions would start to require an entry fee to ensure new faction members will be active. That's money in Gree's pocket. Factions could also use the promise of gold as bait to lure players away from their current groups. It would could drastically change the way we play the game.

quagmir
05-24-2013, 11:39 AM
does that mean Gree shouldn't try to improve the forum chat functionality?
exactly what it means. Gree fails and most faction have gone to a better communications app. for Gree to spend time trying to repeat what is already done is time they don't fix what is and has consistently been broken, the game which sees a new bug every time one is fixed it seems like.

The forum isn't broke, don't fix it. It may suck but it isn't broken. Devices can run multiple programs/and or people have multiple devices for high chat times like WD events.

El Cid
05-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Even better, any member of a faction could donate gold to the faction the same way we donate $ and concretes.

Another functionallity could be added to the leader/officers to redistribute gold and $ to any member of the faction.

Now you're maximizing cooperation.

Grizz875
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
A lot of top factions already do this. Just not in game...

Tito89
05-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Personally, I don't see it happening. Don't know why, just dont

Yankster
05-25-2013, 07:34 AM
So you would want for another person get a bonus you paid for? Or gold distributed to someone that didn't kick their share into the kitty? Or give gold to a less active member or the new guy that showed up just before war? I don't know personally I like my money and unless it goes to pay for groceries, bills etc. I can't see sending few odd dollars which It appears profits haven't gone go to fixing this game. Seriously, how many other free apps contain the same amount of glitches and bugs do you see?

Jaebee
05-25-2013, 08:07 AM
A bit different, but another idea I had, would be to allow gold hits (like on Boss events) in PvP. This way if several high level players are hitting you frequently, you could punch back if you wanted too. Maybe make the cash won (if player is over vault) higher as well, to give you more of an incentive, say 1mil per hit instead of 300k.

Seems like this would only add more $ for Gree, yet also give those who wanted to do so a chance to take it back at "the bully", so to speak.