PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Jimmy picks thread

United Nation of Foxes
05-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Why was it closed?

Jimmy I had the same issue with a hacker raiding my LLP, 4 Santa Marta building separately, 29 flying sharks and multiple end boss event and le units.

Geezer wasn't even clever hacker

Ticket logged to greedy four weeks but heard nothing back, although I did get their generic fob of response

"If this still as issue please reply to this email" of course it's still an issue, I only reported yesterday you dumbass

JimmyThePick
05-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Fox & All forum members,
Obviously I don't know why the thread was closed.
However, I can speak to why it was created. Every day we
see players like this, some of them are more blatant than others.
The thread was created to provide the community as a whole, a heads
up and a place to document this type of player. This morning a ticket was sent to support
per the admin's instructions. Personally, I won't hesitate to create more
Wall of shame threads if that is what it takes. We enjoy this game, some spend
real dough, we invest alot of time in it, we want it to be better.

Fl@sh
05-24-2013, 05:02 AM
The thread was closed for the simple fact that legit players would also get their names slammed in there. Most of us know a hacker when we see one, but there are a few players out there that can't wrap their heads around people spending a ton of money on this game.

United Nation of Foxes
05-24-2013, 05:27 AM
The thread was closed for the simple fact that legit players would also get their names slammed in there. Most of us know a hacker when we see one, but there are a few players out there that can't wrap their heads around people spending a ton of money on this game.

Behave flash

The account I was referencing went from level 38 to level 205 in 2 days

You telling that's legit buddy ?

jon_funzio
05-24-2013, 05:36 AM
Behave flash

You telling that's legit buddy ?
Wow, they must have had some serious hand-cramp :p

As an aside, Gree has a policy of not commenting on hacker threads and reports, which is good - I have seen several hackers that I reported (and then farmed, hangs head in shame) be banned - their account remains on the server but it's obvious that they can't get in, as even their supply depots are no longer regenerating. I think action is taken if you have definitive proof, but the volume of hacker reports that Gree must receive means that some will inevitably be missed.

United Nation of Foxes
05-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Wow, they must have had some serious hand-cramp :p

As an aside, Gree has a policy of not commenting on hacker threads and reports, which is good - I have seen several hackers that I reported (and then farmed, hangs head in shame) be banned - their account remains on the server but it's obvious that they can't get in, as even their supply depots are no longer regenerating. I think action is taken if you have definitive proof, but the volume of hacker reports that Gree must receive means that some will inevitably be missed.

Impossible to farm a hacker with 20 times my llp stats

Couldn't even touch the muppet with my main player

mgriss
05-24-2013, 06:03 AM

I have sent several as well and noticed that the offender's accounts become unresponsive after a while, usually a few days after I receive the standard response to hacker reports. I have confidence that things are being done about them.

I've started collecting my hacker screenshots and information for a week or two and submitting it all at once... in hopes of easing the burden and having the whole group not slip through the cracks. If I sent them as I got them, I could imagine some guy sitting in a cubicle... "this guy again? ugh. Standard reply, and... delete". But getting a group of reports at once I hope is more likely to be funneled into the appropriate channels.

Fl@sh
05-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Behave flash

You telling that's legit buddy ?I never said that account is legit. What I am saying is that sooner it later some noob will get on here starting trouble with a legit players account. Rules are put in place for the 1%, not the 99%.

Zedsdead
05-24-2013, 09:47 AM
I never said that account is legit. What I am saying is that sooner it later some noob will get on here starting trouble with a legit players account. Rules are put in place for the 1%, not the 99%.

Exactly. If we outed some hacker named 'Alex", there would be thousands of accounts it would be confused with. Most of them hackers, of course, but I do know some guys named Alex.

Besides, what will we do with the information, other than just get angry?

glitters
05-24-2013, 11:39 AM
^ Yeah I have to agree. Treat hackers as part of the game. They'll leave you alone as long as you leave them alone. Just pretend they're big gold spenders. People need to stop obsessing and move on.

JimmyThePick
05-24-2013, 02:17 PM

Fl@sh,
Thanks for the response & explanation. Nobody wants to be slandered or falsely accused. There are borderline cases, and ultimately it's Gree's responsibility to try and provide as level a playing field as possible. And to Gree's credit it does seem to be improving. Obvious ones will be reported.