PDA

View Full Version : LTQ - Please replace Concrete with Cash

Mcdoc
05-23-2013, 09:40 PM
There seems to be ample opporutinity already to collect concrete in the game - in fact - most factions have a concrete surplus. However - even with the increased vaults - some upgrades over 100 million (I.e. Santa Marta Train Station) just seem out of reach.

Would love to see you replace the concrete prize in the LTQ with increasing cash amounts - starting at:

5 million
10 million
25 million
50 million
75 million
100 million
100 million
150 Million
and a grand prize last task before the final task with 200 million

I bet you would see A LOT more people go for the finish. It allows people to try and do bigger upgrades - and it puts more cash put there in the market and will increase PvP!

Win - Win if you ask me :)

Devin
05-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I think that is an excellent idea, Mcdoc.

Jhenry02
05-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Logic has no place in this game! How dare you!

MoD
05-24-2013, 12:06 AM
good idea. but concrete might not be as common as you think. and a faction building lets say 50 lv 10 walls needs lots of concrete. our faction had a shortage at the end of columbia.

Mcdoc
05-24-2013, 12:09 AM
There is a cure for concrete shortage - stop camping and do PvP - IMHO

Long dong silver
05-24-2013, 12:37 AM
I think it is an excellent idea also.

Cheers
Lee

lastmast2
05-24-2013, 01:55 AM
Why should they, more walls -> more gold to take them down -> more money

Captain B
05-24-2013, 03:35 AM
I think your on to a winner here! Why? Because its really disappointing to expend time & effort to achieve LTQ levels and be rewarded with a brick! Please make the reward reflect the effort, this idea has my support.
PS If bricks are in short supply couldn't they be traded/ donated between factions?

Arizona
05-24-2013, 03:38 AM
There is a cure for concrete shortage - stop camping and do PvP - IMHO

Are you implying it's an illness? It's a choice. Anyhow, very few players truly camp. Even the mighty Camps & Tramps do their fair share of pillaging and fighting. If you feel there's too much concrete, then make arrangements to sell to another faction. I wouldn't remove the concrete as a prize, but would include bigger cash prizes to get those LE upgrades. It still creates more over vaulted players and gives the less active players their coveted bricks.
Remember, the more bricks to build with, the more Level 10 walls; the more players have to use gold to bring them down. More gold spend, more revenue, Gree:DHappy.

Sgt Q
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM
good idea. but concrete might not be as common as you think. and a faction building lets say 50 lv 10 walls needs lots of concrete. our faction had a shortage at the end of columbia.

That's because your faction is weak sauce. We have like 13,614 concrete sitting in our vault right now, not to mention all of the concrete that we all have in hand. Go do some PvP people. Quit trying to camp.

Web323
05-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Get rid of the concrete in the LTQ and in box events as well. Plus in box event get rid of the extra ally which does 90% of us no good.

Sgt Q
05-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Get rid of the concrete in the LTQ and in box events as well. Plus in box event get rid of the extra ally which does 90% of us no good.

Totally agree web. These are the most useless "rewards" I have ever seen in ANY game.

xknite
05-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I fully concur with McDoc.

The cash payouts are silly, compared to the state of things where you needs cash in the millions vs in the thousands.

Web323
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Totally agree web. These are the most useless "rewards" I have ever seen in ANY game.

Last box event I got 34 extra allies and plenty of concrete.

steveo127
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Why would I spend multiple vaults of gold to get the last few bonuses, when I can purchase 1 vault of cash for over 350 Million? And my IPH isn't even that impressive...Others can purchase vaults of cash for 1 Billion...

I think the majority that would be like to spend gold on this event to complete it just to get the cash, would not be the ones that can afford it. And conversely, I think those that need not spend gold but may if they so choose, would not feel any need to spend gold, as they can purchase vaults worth much more...

not disagreeing with your idea, I voted for yes^...pointing out a viewpoint GREE may hold, to possibly explain why I'm confident they won't do this.

There seems to be ample opporutinity already to collect concrete in the game - in fact - most factions have a concrete surplus. However - even with the increased vaults - some upgrades over 100 million (I.e. Santa Marta Train Station) just seem out of reach.

Would love to see you replace the concrete prize in the LTQ with increasing cash amounts - starting at:

5 million
10 million
25 million
50 million
75 million
100 million
100 million
150 Million
and a grand prize last task before the final task with 200 million

I bet you would see A LOT more people go for the finish. It allows people to try and do bigger upgrades - and it puts more cash put there in the market and will increase PvP!

Win - Win if you ask me :)

PITA4PRES
05-24-2013, 11:52 AM
How about gold instead of concrete? Even if it's just 1 gold for normal mode and 2 for prestige mode would be really nice. If they are not willing to do that, better cash payouts.

Sok82
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM
How about gold instead of concrete? Even if it's just 1 gold for normal mode and 2 for prestige mode would be really nice. If they are not willing to do that, better cash payouts.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but are you suggesting that the prize for finishing normal mode be 1 bar of gold, and the prize for prestige be 2 bars? If so, why would anyone spend 1700 gold to complete an event that rewarded them with a .002% return on investment?

DME
05-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but are you suggesting that the prize for finishing normal mode be 1 bar of gold, and the prize for prestige be 2 bars? If so, why would anyone spend 1700 gold to complete an event that rewarded them with a .002% return on investment?

He's suggesting that concrete rewards be changed to 1 gold in normal and 2 gold in prestige.

Erkensang
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM
I agree! My faction has 34,000 bricks and we already have all our fortifications ready

jchow69
05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I think that it is a great idea. I really want and need more cash.

IlliniFan1
05-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm fine with cash or gold.

Ericinico
05-25-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm fine with cash or gold.Ya, anything that isn't concrete is okay.

Xyranthios
05-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Love this idea concrete is easy to come by, I only have 45 stamina and I'm able to get 5-10 out every hour or so. It would be more rewarding to give out cash

Mcdoc
05-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Current vote is 67 to 19 - might be onto something here.

There is an underlying mechanic here - a lot of people who are "light" gold spenders probably wouldn't want to spend money on a cash vault.

So THIS IDEA about setting up huge cash rewards in an LTQ is a way to get people to BUY gold to WIN cash - but the end result is -

wait for it -

wait for it -

MORE people buying gold :)

Isn't that really the underlying reason for EVERYTHING Gree does ?