PDA

View Full Version : Crime City FAQs

QueenPin
05-23-2013, 01:46 PM
This information can also be found in your game, under Menu > More > Help > FAQ

Items and Buildings

What is the maximum number of buildings of a certain type I can own?
You can have two of each money building and fifty of each defense building. After you reach the max for a particular building, it is removed as an option from the store.

How do I get free gold?
Other than the 10 gold all players start with, all gold must be purchased through our in-app store or through offers by Tapjoy.

How do I equip items?
You will automatically equip the best items for whatever action you're taking. For example, when you attack something, you'll use items that give you maximum attack. If you defend against an attack, you'll use your best defense items.

What is a defense building?
Defense buildings increase your defense, which corresponds to your ability to fend off an attack made on you.

What's the maximum level my buildings can reach?
Buildings currently have a maximum level of 10.

Why did the item I purchased not raise my stats by the full amount?
For every level of your character, you can bring 5 mafia to battle (up to the cap of 500). For each mafia member, you can bring one weapon, one armor, one explosive and one vehicle. The total attack and defense of your best items determines your stats going into battle. For any items beyond the maximum amount, only the best ones will be chosen. Example: You have an item with 8 attack. To raise your attack stat by 1, you need to purchase an item with 9 attack. Attack and defense scores are not a sum of all inventory items.

How do special event boxes work?
You can collect event boxes from completing jobs or by robbing other players. These boxes have a chance to open, containing an assortment of rewards. There are three ways you can open this type of box: no cost (low chance to open), using cash (average chance to open), or using gold (guarantees opening). You can attempt to open an event box once an hour, though you can make another attempt for 15 gold.

What is respect?
Respect is used as a form of currency to purchase certain units and equipment.

Events & Quests

Where can I find special event boxes?
You can obtain event boxes from completing various jobs as well as attacking and robbing rivals.

What level do I have to be to participate in special events (lockboxes, PvP, leaderboards, etc.)?
You must be at least level 10 to participate in most types of events. Limited time quest chains have their own level requirements which vary depending upon the map areas being used.

How do the special events work?
Once an event box is opened, one of several things will be awarded: money, respect, an extra mafia member, a weapon or unit, or the event special item. Regardless of how the box is opened, the reward is randomly chosen; opening a box does not guarantee that the event special item will be awarded. Each special event item gained will reduce the chance of getting the next, although this chance never becomes zero or below zero.

PvP

Why did I not win any money after attacking a player?
When you look at another player's profile, the money they have is their total amount. This includes money protected by the bank and money that is unprotected by the bank. Only unprotected money can be robbed from another player.

What is the maximum number of mafias I can use in PvP? How does fighting other players work?
For every level of your character, you can bring 5 mafia to battle (up to the cap of 500). For each mafia member, you can bring one weapon, one armor, one explosive and one vehicle. The total attack and defense of your best items determines your stats going into battle. For any items beyond the maximum amount, only the best ones will be chosen.

Why is this player able to attack me and win?
Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PvP) combat.

Syndicates

Where do I find the Syndicate section?
You can get to the Syndicate Screen through the in-game Menu.

How do I form a syndicate?
To create your own syndicate, enter a Syndicate Name and Syndicate Tag into the allotted spaces under "Create a Syndicate" and click "Submit". If you are already a member of a syndicate, you must leave it in order to create a new one.

How do I join a syndicate?
To join a syndicate, click on the "Join Syndicate" button at the bottom of the first syndicate screen. If you know the invite code of the syndicate you want to join, you can enter it directly at the top of the Syndicate List. Otherwise, you can scroll through the list of available syndicates and send a Request to join.

I do not see the Syndicate I am looking for on the Syndicate List?
The Syndicate List is only able to display a finite number of syndicates. Keep checking and the name you are looking for will cycle in.

Can you join multiple syndicates?
You can request to join multiple syndicates; however you can only be a member of one syndicate at a time.

How do I leave a syndicate?
To leave your current syndicate, click on the "Leave Syndicate" button at the bottom of the Syndicate Information screen.

How do I invite members?
Only the Leader and Officers can invite players to be members of a syndicate. To do so, there is an "Invite Players" button in the bottom right corner of your Syndicate Information screen.

What are the ranks and what can they do?
There are 3 ranks in a syndicate: Leader, Officer, and Member. The Leader can invite players and promote, demote, and remove syndicate members and officers. Officers can invite players and promote members to officer status. All three ranks enjoy the boosts from the Syndicate Bonuses.

How and what can I donate to my syndicate, and what can my donation be used for?
Players can donate cash or bricks to their syndicate bank. The money can then be spent to buy Hideouts or Syndicate Bonuses. Only the Syndicate Leader can use the syndicate bank to purchase fortification or bonuses. If a member leaves a syndicate any cash or concrete they have donated remains in the syndicate bank of their previous syndicate.

Who benefits from Syndicate Bonuses?
Syndicate bonuses apply to all members of the syndicate.

Where do I get bricks?
Bricks drop from PVP matches. They cannot be stolen or bought.

What are Hideouts, and what do they do?
Hideouts are one of your syndicate's defenses, built with donated bricks. Each syndicate will start with one Hideout per war and it cannot be replaced during a war. Until the Hideout is defeated during a war, attacking players will only receive half the points possible for defeating members of your syndicate. Your top Hideout will be used up by each "war" your syndicate engages in, regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not.

How does the city map/section work in relation to the syndicates?
The syndicate that wins the battle for a particular district will have their syndicate name added to the map for that area of the city.

Battle for Empire City

What is the Battle for Empire City?
The Battle for Empire City event is a syndicate-oriented event where you compete to earn your syndicate Influence Points. The members of syndicates with the most Influence Points will receive great rewards The Syndicate with the most points at the end of the event will win permanent control of the area of the city which is under contention, along with a special syndicate bonus. For more information, please visit our walkthrough.

How do I earn Influence Points?
Influence Points can be earned olny by having your syndicate engage in battle with another syndicate. Once a syndicate has declared battle, it will get matched up with another syndicate and battle will begin. Ech battle lasts 60 minutes. At the end of 60 minutes, the side that has the most Influence Points wins. During a battle, there are two ways to get Influence Points: attacking members of the opposing syndicate and attack the Hideout and Safehouse of the opposing syndicate. Players get more Influence Points by attacking members than by attacking buildings, however they only get points if they win the match. Attacking the Hideout or Safehouse gives you less points then attacking players, but the points are guaranteed. The Influence Points recieved from attacking a Hideout or Safehouse are based on the damage you do, which in turn is based on your attack stats. Please note that all Influence Points you earn will be halved as long as the rival syndicate's Hideout is still standing.

What are Hideouts used for?
Syndicates will use one Hideout per battle. While a syndicate's Hideout is standing, the opposing syndicate will earn half as many Influence Points. Syndicates can spend money and bricks to upgrade their Hideouts to level 10. A Hideout will be consumed at the end of each battle regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not.

What is the Safehouse used for?
The Safehouse remains for players from the opposing syndicate to attack after the Hideout is destroyed. It serves no other purpose.

What is the defense leader and how can I defeat them?
Each syndicate can set one member as the syndicate's Defense Leader. As long as the Defense Leader remains undefeated with part of their shield up, no other syndicate members can be attacked during battle. Once the Defense Leader has been successfully beaten by an attack, the rest of the syndicate members can be attacked. Defense Leaders have a new resource called "Shield Points". They start out with 100 Shield Points. Each unsuccessful attack will drain 10 Shield Points from the Defense Leader. A successful attack will consume all the Shield Points. Once the Shield Points reach 0, the Defense Leader is considered beaten and the remaining syndicate members can be attacked. The Defense Leader is chosen by the syndicate leader PRIOR to battle being declared.

Community

How do I message another person?
While you are in a player's hood, select their profile. Tap on "Comments" -> type a message in the white box -> tap "Post" when finished.

How can I connect more with the game and community?
Check us out on Facebook (http://facebook.com/CrimeCity), our forums (http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Crime-City-Mobile) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/GREEgames) to stay up to date on all things Crime City!

What does blocking a player do?
Blocking a player will prevent them from posting on your wall.

What should I do when being verbally harassed by another player?
Please report this player to us. Send us your mafia code, the name and mafia code of the offending character, and a screenshot.

How do I stop players from leaving comments on my wall?
If you delete two comments from the same person in a row, a prompt will pop up, giving you the option to block that player.

How do I find more allies?
Our forums have many players who post their alliance codes, visit the following site to find/post yours:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/forum.php

Account

I signed up for something and didn't receive anything for it!
All of our offers are provided by a company called Tapjoy and they have a support system in place for cases like this. Their staff is more than happy to investigate any issues pertaining to these advertisements. The easiest way for you to get a hold of Tapjoy is through the support links which they provide in each of their platforms. If you are using the in-app version of the Marketplace, you can reach them through the "Missing Points?" link at the bottom of their list of offers. If you are going through Tapjoy.com, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the top-right corner of the page. From there, you can fill out the support/info form to submit your issue. No matter the route, your issue will get to their support team who will respond to you as quickly as they are able.

How do I transfer my account?
You can transfer your account through the Funzio ID system.
1. Make sure the game is installed on both devices.
2. Create a Funzio ID on the device with the account you would like to keep. You can do this by going to Menu -> More -> Funzio ID.
3. Put the same Funzio ID info onto the device you would like to transfer to (the Funzio IDs have to be the same to transfer. If one is different from the other, delete and reinstall the game on the device you want to transfer to and add the information from the Funzio ID on the first device).
4. IMPORTANT: Now go into the account you want to transfer. Hit the transfer button on the Funzio ID page. This will get your account ready to transfer. (ALWAYS hit the transfer button on the account you want to keep playing).
5. Log into the Funzio ID using the device you want to complete the transfer with. Your game will now be transferred to the new device.

How do I delete or reset my account?
We do not currently offer that service, but we may add this feature at a later date.

How do I retrieve a lost Funzio ID?
You can obtain a new Funzio ID by deleting and reinstalling your game (you will not lose any game progress by doing this). You can also contact us to reset the password.

How can I transfer if I lost my old device? [iOS]
Send in a support ticket with the following information:
-Your old character's invite code (if you have it)
-Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level
-The UDID of your new device (For directions on getting your UDID, go to http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid)
-The invite code of the new character showing up on your new device (should be a fresh level 1 when you first install the app)
Note: You cannot transfer your account to an Android device and vice versa.

How can I transfer if I lost my old device? [Android]
-Your old character's 9-digit player ID, if you have it.
-Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level
-The 9-digit player ID of the new character showing up on your new device (should be a fresh level 1 when you first install the app)
Note: You cannot transfer your account to an iOS device and vice versa.

Is it possible to switch accounts between two devices?
Currently it isn't possible to switch accounts between two devices. When you transfer an account, it overwrites the account already on that device. We hope to offer this option in the future.

User Interface

How do I switch my class?
You may only change your class to Goodfella, which can be found through Menu -> Profile -> Upgrade. The Goodfella class provides all three of the other class boosts. Whichever class you were previously, you will retain that boost while gaining the other two boosts.

Why hasn't my energy or stamina completely refilled yet?
There is a cap on how much your energy or stamina may refill. For energy, it is 1000. For stamina, it is 50.

Can I reallocate my skill points?
We currently are unable to provide a reallocation of skill points, so please make sure you are completely sure about which stats you spend your points on!

How can I change the name of my hood or character?
For a small gold charge, names can be changed in-game by visiting your Profile page. Click on the "Edit Name" button under your current name and invite code. Type in your new name. Please keep in mind that names can only be 20 characters in length, including spacing, and must be consistent with our Terms of Service. Failure to abide by these terms will result in your name being changed, with no refund of the gold paid.

I no longer see the yellow arrows indicating which jobs I should do. How do I turn them on?
Tap on the small blue icon at the bottom the screen in that particular area (i) and select the "Show Jobs" option. You should now see the yellow indicator arrows.

Why isn't my hood expanding?
When you choose to expand, you can either expand west (bottom-left) or south (bottom-right). It will expand as an extension of the street instead of a block, so if it seems like it isn't expanding properly, don't worry - everything is working as intended!

Do you support Jailbroken devices?
GREE games are developed to function along with your device's system specifications. Alterations to a device through hacking and/or jailbreaking can lead to unforeseen issues. In such a case, we cannot support the game on the device.
You can read more about the possible negative effects of jailbreaking on Apple's support page: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3743