PDA

View Full Version : Modern War FAQs

QueenPin
05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
This information can also be found in your game, under Menu > More > Help > FAQ

Items & Buildings

How do I equip items?
You will automatically equip the best items for whatever action you're taking. For example, when you attack something, you'll use items that give you maximum attack. If you defend against an attack, you'll use your best defense items.

How do I get free gold?
Other than the 10 gold all players start with, all gold must be purchased through our in-app store or through offers by Tapjoy.

What is the maximum number of buildings of a certain type I can own?
You can only have up to one of each unit building and boost building at one time. You can have two of each money building, and five of each defense building. After you reach the max for a particular building, it is removed as an option from the store.

How much does it cost to repair one of my buildings?
It doesn't cost anything to repair a building.

What's the maximum level my buildings can reach?
Buildings currently have a maximum level of 10.

What is a defense building?
Defense buildings increase your defense, which corresponds to your ability to fend off an attack made on you. These buildings also raise the defense of buildings within its area of effect.

Why did the unit I purchased not raise my stats by the full amount?
For every level of your character, you can bring 5 allies to battle (up to the cap of 500). For each of those allies, you can bring four of your units to battle. The total attack and defense of your best units determines your stats going into the battle. For any units beyond the maximum amount, only the best ones will be chosen. Please also note that every unit (except those bought with gold) has a casualty rate, and can be lost performing jobs or fighting rivals.

How do special event boxes work?
You can collect event boxes from completing jobs or by attacking other players. These boxes have a chance to open, containing an assortment of rewards. There are three ways you can open this type of box: no cost (low chance to open), using cash (average chance to open), or using gold (guarantees opening). You can attempt to open an event box once an hour, though you can make another attempt for 15 gold.

What is valor?
Valor is used as a form of currency to purchase certain units and equipment.

Events & Quests

What level do I have to be to participate in special events (lockboxes, PvP, leaderboards, etc.)?
You must be at least level 10 to participate in most types of events. Limited time quest chains have their own level requirements which vary depending upon the map areas being used.

Where can I find special event boxes?
You can obtain event boxes from completing various missions.

How do the special events work?
Once an event box is opened, one of several things will be awarded: money, valor, an extra ally, a weapon or unit, or the event special item. Regardless of how the box is opened, the reward is randomly chosen; opening a box does not guarantee that the event special item will be awarded. Each special event item gained will reduce the chance of getting the next, although this chance never becomes zero or below zero.

PvP

What is the maximum number of allies I can use in PvP? How does fighting other players work?
For every level of your character, you can bring 5 allies to battle (up to the cap of 500). For each of those allies, you can bring four of your units to battle. The total attack and defense of your best units determines your stats going into the battle. For any units beyond the maximum amount, only the best ones will be chosen. Please also note that every unit (except those bought with gold) has a casualty rate, and can be lost performing jobs or fighting rivals.

Why is this player able to attack me and win?
Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PvP) combat.

How can I lower an enemy's defense?
If you knock out someone's defense buildings or boost buildings, it will lower their stats until they repair them.

Why did I not win any money after attacking a player?
When you look at another player's profile, the money they have is their total amount. This includes money protected by the vault and money that is unprotected by the bank. Only unprotected money can be robbed from another player.

Factions

Where do I find the Faction section?
You can get to the Faction Screen through the in-game Menu.

How do I form a faction?
To create your own faction, enter a Faction Name and Faction Tag into the allotted spaces under "Create a Faction" and click "submit". If you are already a member of a faction, you must leave in order to create a new one.

How do I join a faction?
To join a faction, click on the Join Faction button at the bottom of the first Faction screen. If you know the invite code of the Faction you want to join, you can enter it directly at the top of the Faction List. Otherwise, you can scroll through the list of available Factions and send a Request to join.

Can you join multiple factions?
You can request to join multiple factions, however you can only be a member of one faction at a time.

How do I leave a faction?
To leave your current faction, click on the Leave Faction button at the bottom of the Faction Information screen.

How do I invite members?
Only the Leader and Officers can invite players to be members of a faction. To do so, there is an Invite Players button in the bottom right corner of your Faction Information screen.

What are the ranks and what can they do?
There are 3 ranks in a Faction: Leader, Officer, and Member. The Leader can invite players and promote, demote, and remove faction members and officers. Officers can invite players and promote members to officer status. All three ranks enjoy the benefits of the faction boosts.

How and what can I donate to my faction, and what can my donation be used for?
Players can donate cash or concrete to their faction bank. The money can then be spent to buy fortification or faction bonuses. Only the guild leader/founder can use the faction bank to purchase fortification or bonuses. If a member leaves a faction any cash or concrete they have donated remains in the faction bank of their previous faction.

Who benefits from Faction Bonuses?
Faction bonuses apply to all members of the faction.

Where do I get concrete?
Concrete drops from PVP matches. It cannot be stolen or bought.

How does the world domination map/section work in relation to the factions?
The faction that wins world domination will have their faction name added to the map for that area of the world.

World Domination

What is the World Domination Event?
The World Domination Event is Faction-oriented event where you compete to earn your faction World Domination (WD) Points. The members of factions with the most WD Points will receive great rewards. The Faction with the most WD Points will permanently control the country where the event is taking place and receive a special guild bonus. For more information visit our walkthrough.

How do I earn WD Points?
World Domination (WD) Points can be earned only by having your faction engage in a war with another faction. Once a faction has declared war, it will get matched up with another faction and the war will begin. Each war lasts 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, the side that has the most WD Points wins. During a war, there are two ways to get WD Points: attacking members of the opposing faction and attacking the fortification/command center. Players get more WD Points by attacking other faction members than by attacking fortifications, but they only get WD Points if they win. Players will get fewer WD Points if they attack the fortification/command center, but they are guaranteed points just by attacking. The WD Points players get by attacking a fortification/command center are based on the damage they do, which is based on their army attack. Please note that all WD points you earn will be halved as long as the rival faction's fortification is still standing.

What are Fortifications used for?
Factions will use one fortification during every war. While that faction's wall is standing, the opposing faction will earn half as many WD Points. Factions can spend money and concrete to upgrade the fortifications up to level 10. A fortification will be consumed at the end of the war regardless of whether the opposing faction completely destroyed it or not.

What is the Command Center used for?
The Command Center remains for players from the opposing faction to attack after the fortification is destroyed. It serves no other purpose.

What is the defense leader and how can I defeat them?
Each faction can set one member as the faction's defense leader. As long as the defense leader remains undefeated and has at least part of the shield up, no other faction members can be attacked during a war. Once the defense leader has been successfully beaten by an attack, the rest of the faction members can be attacked. Defense leaders have a new resource called "Shield Points." Defense leaders start out with 100 Shield Points. Each unsuccessful attack against a defense leader drains 10 Shield Points from that leader. Once the Shield Points reach 0, the defense leader is considered beaten and the remaining faction members can be attacked. The defense leader is chosen by the faction leader.

Community

How do I find more allies?
Our forums have many players who post their alliance codes, visit the following site to find/post yours: http://www.funzio.com/forum/forum.php

How can I connect more with the game and community?
Check out our forums (http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?28-Modern-War-iOS) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/GREEgames) to stay up to date on all things Modern War!

How do I message another person?
While you are in a player's base, select their profile. Tap on "Comments" -> type a message in the white box -> tap "Post" when finished.

How do I stop players from leaving comments on my wall?
If you delete two comments from the same person in a row, a prompt will pop up, giving you the option to block that player.

What should I do when being verbally harassed by another player?
Please report this player to us. Send us your alliance ID, the name of the offending character, and a screenshot.

What does blocking a player do?
Blocking a player will prevent them from posting on your wall.

Account

How can I change the name of my base or character name?
Effective Monday, March 11th @ 11:59pm (PST), we are no longer offer name changes via support requests. Your current name on file will remain in effect after this date. Once the ability to change account names in app is available (which is a feature that is coming soon) we will make announcement in our forums.

I signed up for something and didn't receive anything for it!
All of our offers are provided by a company called Tapjoy and they have a support system in place for cases like this. Their staff is more than happy to investigate any issues pertaining to these advertisements. The easiest way for you to get a hold of Tapjoy is through the support links which they provide in each of their platforms. If you are using the in-app version of the Marketplace, you can reach them through the "Missing Points?" link at the bottom of their list of offers. If you are going through Tapjoy.com, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the top-right corner of the page. From there, you can fill out the support/info form to submit your issue. No matter the route, your issue will get to their support team who will respond to you as quickly as they are able.

How do I delete or reset my account?
We do not currently offer that service, but we may add this feature at a later date.

How do I transfer an account?
You can transfer your account through the Funzio ID system.
1. Make sure the game is installed on both devices.
2. Create a Funzio ID on the device with the account you would like to keep. You can do this by going to Menu -> More -> Funzio ID.
3. Put the same Funzio ID info onto the device you would like to transfer to (the Funzio IDs have to be the same to transfer. If one is different from the other, delete and reinstall the game on the device you want to transfer to and add the information from the Funzio ID on the first device).
4. IMPORTANT: Now go into the account you want to transfer. Hit the transfer button on the Funzio ID page. This will get your account ready to transfer. (ALWAYS hit the transfer button on the account you want to keep playing).
5. Log into the Funzio ID using the device you want to complete the transfer with. Your game will now be transferred to the new device.

How do I retrieve a lost Funzio ID?
You can obtain a new Funzio ID by deleting and reinstalling your game (you will not lose any game progress by doing this). You can also contact us to reset the password.

Is it possible to switch accounts between two devices?
Currently it isn't possible to switch accounts between two devices. When you transfer an account, it overwrites the account already on that device. We hope to offer this option in the future.

How can I transfer if I lost my old device? [iOS]
Send in a support ticket with the following information:
-Your old character's invite code (if you have it)
-Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level
-The UDID of your new device (For directions on getting your UDID, go to http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifie...)
-The invite code of the new character showing up on your new device (should be a fresh level 1 when you first install the app)

How can I transfer if I lost my old device? [Android]
-Your old character's 9-digit player ID, if you have it. -Your old character's name (case sensitive) and level -The 9-digit player ID of the new character showing up on your new device (should be a fresh level 1 when you first install the app)

User Interface

What's up with all of these posts about free gold if you repost the message?
These promotions are false. Players do not have the ability to grant money, gold, or gems, and our company does not contact people through the comment wall. Please be careful when dealing with these posts.

Why hasn't my energy or stamina completely refilled yet?
There is a cap on how much your energy or stamina may refill. For energy, it is 1000. For stamina, it is 50.

How do I remove money from my vault?
Money is automatically removed from your vault when purchasing something. Money in your vault can't be taken when you're attacked by other players.

I don't see any arrows indicating which missions I should do. How do I find out?
In most cases, the mission arrows are removed once an area is mastered. For all other areas you should be able to tap on the small green icon at the bottom the screen in that particular hood (?) and select the "Show Jobs" option that shows up.

How do I switch my class?
You currently can't switch your class, but this may be changed in the future!

Can I reallocate my skill points?
We currently are unable to provide a reallocation of skill points, so please make sure you are completely sure about which stats you spend your points on!

Do you support Jailbroken devices?
GREE games are developed to function along with your device's system specifications. Alterations to a device through hacking and/or jailbreaking can lead to unforeseen issues. In such a case, we cannot support the game on the device.
You can read more about the possible negative effects of jailbreaking on Apple's support page: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3743