PDA

View Full Version : New Update, but no name change?

CDR Shepard
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Admin,

I believe the info put out a few weeks ago was that during the next data push there would be the option to change your name. However, it does not seem to be available with this new update. Any new info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yankster
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I can see this name change being a new headache. As it is now at times on a rival list I select player "A" and wind up on player "Z"s base. Brought this to gree and its in part of name changes or a ghost rival with a GUI glitch.

OwainCymro
05-23-2013, 12:10 PM
There is a new update? I don't see it!:P

CDR Shepard
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
There is a new update? I don't see it!:P

It was an android update a few days ago with a data push yesterday

DME
05-23-2013, 01:17 PM
It was more of a bug fix than a real update. They also could have meant the next iOS update, lol.

The new guy
05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I tried to get suport to change my name and they refused saying it will be coming soon.

However I noticed plenty of members of the top factions have still had name changes since the last war

CDR Shepard
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
It was more of a bug fix than a real update. They also could have meant the next iOS update, lol.

Yeah, good point :)

CDR Shepard
05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I tried to get suport to change my name and they refused saying it will be coming soon.

However I noticed plenty of members of the top factions have still had name changes since the last war

Shhh, we don't talk about that here ;)

Blackstone
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Just an FYI that Crime City included the name change option a few updates back and now charges 50 gold to change your name. So while a name change option is coming it's going to cost you gold.

BigD@wg
05-23-2013, 01:45 PM
We have already had an IOS update since they originally announced the name change feature. So maybe in the next one.

Ryans67
05-23-2013, 02:11 PM
I think name changes are a bad idea. Could become a real hassle tracking the deadbeat players.

Also, the top factions didn't change names, they added people. ;)

GREE Official Updates
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Admin,

I believe the info put out a few weeks ago was that during the next data push there would be the option to change your name. However, it does not seem to be available with this new update. Any new info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

It's actually an app update, version 3.7 that will be available soon. I'll see if a team member can get the release notes out before its available in the store.

vNastIER
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
It's actually an app update, version 3.7 that will be available soon. I'll see if a team member can get the release notes out before its available in the store.
awesome admin. cant wait for it.
can you confirm whether or not we will be charged and if so, how much?

thanks,

CDR Shepard
05-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

DME
05-23-2013, 06:20 PM

thanks,

I think it's safe to say there will be a charge, like the nation shift option.

Fl@sh
05-23-2013, 07:09 PM

However I noticed plenty of members of the top factions have still had name changes since the last warNo, nobody in the top factions has had their name changed.

Josh611
05-23-2013, 09:12 PM

thanks,

It will be 50 gold just like CC and KA

MoD
05-24-2013, 12:42 AM
there should also be a faction name change included.