PDA

View Full Version : The 'Jerry Maguire Stratergy'.

Vegaman
05-23-2013, 04:23 AM
Rethinking what we want from our Faction and why we joined Modern War.

The highest we've been placed was 84th we are now back in the 210's... I'd have loved to have been top 25+. But it's now just too expensive. So we have a new Strategy .

The 'Jerry Maguire Stratergy'.

We have a laugh, make friendships, get on with each other, share knowledge, help develop our lower stat members and we enjoy our time away from the real life in Modern War.

We do fight in the wars, but we use our free shots which are now 8 per battle and each player is expected to score a minimum tally of WD points.

Some spend cash on gold that's entirely their choice to do with their money as they wish. There is no pressure, there is no bullying, it's fun... and a stress free break from real life. That's why I, and most of us came here.....
To have FUN ... Funny how fun rhymes with PUN.

Some may say we have copped out... Couldn't take the pressure. I can't be responsible for other people's thoughts. Just my own..

I wish all the Factions well, do what you want to do, its your choice... We are going to enjoy this game and have fun.

We also find the "limited time events" are more rewarding per gold spent , throwing 100's £ or $€ at a game as I said is everyone's own prerogative. We just choose to use the faction as more of a social and learning club now.

Lastly I see many bases "Sold Up" where players have tried to keep up with the 'peer pressure' and have been selling buildings to raise cash to stay in a faction.. I know many are also those who decided to up and quit.

So.........
...... as the Ancient Greeks said.
"Live your own life, because you will Die your own Death"

Drama Llama
05-23-2013, 05:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CFPWX.png

SuperSonic Chimp
05-23-2013, 06:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CFPWX.png

This
Was
AWESOME! lol

Max Power
05-23-2013, 06:57 AM
I am in a no pressure faction in CC and we score in the top 500 mostly by taking free swipes. It's way less stressful than the faction I am in here.

The peer pressure thing is very real. You don't want to be the dog in your faction. Ironically, the amount of money you have to spend to get to the next level, and the prize it offers, if probably the worst value in the game.

Maestro
05-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Max your right on. The KA campers guild I'm in is fun and relaxed and light gold/free (some for LTE events only)
In MW we got the 3%alliance attack bonus (that I think was on the top 10 unit) in a LTE event. The stats weren't as good but it was cheaper in the LTE to get then a top 10 finish

wittywon
05-23-2013, 08:09 AM
I thought you were going to take that to "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Bobar
05-23-2013, 08:39 AM
and suddenly it´s a game again and makes fun

Agent Orange
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Why would coming to your senses be considered a cop out?

Jhenry02
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Urbandictionary.com and query chillfight

Some Random Clown
05-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Absolutely right about the LTQ and LTE prizes. This is especially true for free players like myself. For a lot less stress you can walk away with several really decent units vs killing yourself (and your personal life) fighting for a few scraps.