PDA

View Full Version : the game has changed

johnny boy phd
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi all,
With the recent addition of LTQ, the game has changed for players under lvl 100 trying to stay under tiers. Essentially, I want to bring this topic to discussion with this second thread I create:

Bottom line - LTQ items give you huge stat improvement, but bring along dramatic xp increase. The question is: is it worth for players under lvl 100?

I will start with a little bit of my playing story. I have been a boss killer. Boss killing was what made it possible for me to join a top 250 syndicate by lvl 40 and a top 75 by lvl 50. My first boss event was Madame Payne - I was still newbie under lvl 20 and I am not sure how far I did go, maybe 25-ish. My second boss was Old Timer Mike - I think - I went to tier #2 with it and kept on going killing like 50 plus bosses to get the rares. Since then, I have been able to kill all tier #2 bosses (not sure now how many, maybe 3 - gold standard gun, punk car, and this last red car which put me in tier #3). On this last one I kept on killing for the rares (up to 60 plus bosses), which with war prizes put me in a confortable position to take tier #3 bosses. It seems that boss events became rarer and were replaced in part by the new LTQ event. Still, I am waiting for them.

Now I give an example of what I just saw yesterday. A guy got really pyschotic about me robbing him and started to revenge with multiple PvP bouts through a revenge link after he improved dramatically with the LTQ. He used to be lvl 60 a few days ago maybe in the 40k-50k attack range, not really sure because I am so strong for my lvl that it is irrelevant (I would be beaten only by just a few respect hackers and a couple players who were stronger campers than me). Right now he is lvl 77 with 80k. He missed tier#3 bosses and most likely will not be able to cope with tier#4 - his stat increase is quite short sighted and will get him nowhere in the long run. One more LTQ he will be above lvl 100, with maybe 110k attack, and forget about boss killing.

To conclude:

I think I will be sitting the LTQs. I got maybe to hitlists lvl 19 and then quit (got freaked out with too much xp), and this one to lvl 13 and I am sitting it out (same reason: I dont want to get 1000xp for a 100/100 range weapon by doing all jobs at the docks). Afterall, I dont mind not playing this game at all for a few days - I have been doing that forever and I really enjoy breaks from the game particularly after the war weekend and with the 1 hr box opening period. 1000 xp means 5-6 lvls of boss killing with the possibility of 5-6 rares that comes with them. 1000xp could also mean one less boss in tier#3. higher levels also mean lower influence points against high lvl players. Certainly as one advances the LTQ the prizes get better exponentially - but should it really payoff to get a 1000 car after leveling up 5 times and miss a boss tier completely?

My opinion is that to participate in the LTQ is one of those things that you'll regret in the future after you learn about it. I guess newbies and dumb people (note, only under lvl 100) really enjoy seeing all those nice weapons (100/100, 200/200, 300/300, big deal). Still, there are multiple ways to play this game and I really understand people following other strategies than the one I follow. I am only interested in the onethat would get me ahead as much as possible in the long run. I understand this topic is highly irrelevant for players above lvl 100, but please discuss. Thanks.

Ragmondino
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Personally I wouldn't do LTQ under level 100. Bosses will give you a nice stat boost, and LTQ will still be going when you get to level 101. But when you do hit that level, unless your a big gold spender bosses become no longer viable.
So to conclude, under 101 bosses no LTQ.

Max Power
05-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Regret? Really?

If you sit out the LTQ, you are comitting to camping forever in this game. You will never catch up if you ever decide to quit camping. If that's what you find fun with the game, than go for it.

murf
05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
What if they are fazing out boss events, because it only brings in a tiny amount of money? Most of the big gold spenders either don't need to spend gold on bosses or only spend a little. My guess is events like this LTQ are bringing in more revenue for GREE, which means these might slowly replace the boss events.

Armalg-the-Good
05-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm glad. The boss event favor campers and are unfair to mid range players who don't want to sit around and grow stats too big for their level. These new quests are the exact opposite. They favor everybody and yes cause people to level at the same time. Camping means sitting on the boring train picking your nose while you farm gold and occasionally get to actually use your stats in group war events. In fact I'm willing to bet if you are a low level camper you don't have the stats to even do these quests in the time allotted without gold. Your version of camping sounds dreadfully boring and I think your psychotic friend you are complaining about not only has the right idea but in a few cycles will have surpassed you in every way. You're right, the game has changed and you need to change with it.

$Heisenberg$
05-22-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm glad. The boss event favor campers and are unfair to mid range players who don't want to sit around and grow stats too big for their level. These new quests are the exact opposite. They favor everybody and yes cause people to level at the same time. Camping means sitting on the boring train picking your nose while you farm gold and occasionally get to actually use your stats in group war events. In fact I'm willing to bet if you are a low level camper you don't have the stats to even do these quests in the time allotted without gold. Your version of camping sounds dreadfully boring and I think your psychotic friend you are complaining about not only has the right idea but in a few cycles will have surpassed you in every way. You're right, the game has changed and you need to change with it.

so he should quit? Sinse that is what ppl doing now. Is that ur advice?

teo
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
...sitting on the boring train picking your nose..

Ahr, man, we can't do that anymore either? Is it against the TOS?

Spartacus18888
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
this is the most correct thread you will read.......

zwiswoo
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Agree with your analysis, though leveling with LTQ is itself not a bad deal once you fold in time taken to gain stats - if you do 3-4 LTQs starting from tier 3, you'll cross level 100 in three months, but you'll also gain ~80k hit points doing it, which is a good deal. More pointedly, all your current rivals who level up rapidly will be waiting for you "on the other side" of level 100 six months from now with 120-150k points more, while you'll gain only say 60k from boss events. IOW, you gain more per xp with boss events alone, but you also take longer to gain those stats (and forgo LTQ items just as levelers forgo boss items) since there are only as many (?) boss events as LTQ events.

One additional support for your strategy is that it helps to be lower level in syndicate battles, since IP gained in a victory seems to depend on level difference. Stats which are decent for level 165 suddenly seem much more appealing for level 65 in that context, and much less for level 215. The plus side (for campers) is that the general point of going easy on xp now applies for battles even after L100.

One wrinkle now is boss events. If Gree is phasing them out, or even just reducing them compared to LTQ (one every two cycles versus once or twice every cycle) then staying under level 100 looks that much less appealing by contrast.

I'm adopting wait-and-see on LTQ for the moment. If they drop boss events I'll have to start doing them. But frankly I might just feel like dropping the game at that point; they're among the funnest parts of the game for me, and there's nothing wrong with them re player experience that calls for such a drastic response as dropping them. They just need to rejigger the tiers and hit points, and tier the rewards.

Armalg-the-Good
05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I would say play the game...it is actually pretty fun. If his stats are what he says they are he'll have a lot better time gearing his 499 mafia than anybody who just started out. Aside from the campers who have been molding in place at whatever level they choose to fester the power growth of players as you level is actually pretty gradual and modest....so why camp? A small bump in event points.....in some situations? These quest events are actually great. If you're a tycoon...goodfella isn't looking like such a colossal waste of gold now and there is real incentive to invest in Energy earlier in your development...and unlike boss quests these rewards are reliable and the time and resources needed to get the top prize can be easily calculated. I'm lovin it :)

Scarface78
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Can't wait to start the smugler's crate, finally a event that I will be able to do... Gree has made only high level events so far... 75 mil on a building? 100000000000 xp to get an 4000/2000 item? C'mon, Gree, you shouldn't forget this game also have players below level 100 :P

Spunky
05-22-2013, 05:36 PM
If your not able to beat the boss level 40 then the LTQs may not be that bad an alternative for lower lvl players. Its all about stat gain / xp gain. factor in the respect gain with the LTQ and its pretty close.

Scarface78
05-22-2013, 05:40 PM
If your not able to beat the boss level 40 then the LTQs may not be that bad an alternative for lower lvl players. Its all about stat gain / xp gain. factor in the respect gain with the LTQ and its pretty close.

not problem beating the boss now, maybe on next tier... maybe lol

OffensivelyNamedGuy
05-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I gained about 2.5 stat/XP last boss event (lot higher than previous ones mind you).

What is the stat/xp ratio for the LTQ events?

I'm level 53 with about 65k stats. I only do boss events. I feel like even if they stop doing boss events and I just sit here, I'll never really be in hot water. All those former boss campers now doing LTQ who might have challenged me will have whizzed by and be in the 100s. New players starting out will have no chance to get good stats till level 40 LTQs start anyway, so they will also whizz by me without posing much of a threat.

At the end of the day, the shark tank will be absolutely full of people with much higher stats than me. If I ever get there, it wouldn't matter anyway cause it is currently filled with many of these people anyhow.

I don't think my game has changed that much. The biggest thing I'm missing out on is top syndicate stats. Now there's some high stat/xp ratio ... but only for the top guys. Wouldn't mind getting a little bit of that action.

BIGRED2277
05-23-2013, 02:08 AM
hummmmmmmm

bald zeemer
05-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Can't wait to start the smugler's crate, finally a event that I will be able to do... Gree has made only high level events so far... 75 mil on a building? 100000000000 xp to get an 4000/2000 item? C'mon, Gree, you shouldn't forget this game also have players below level 100 :P

If you look at LTQ as only giving you the end item you'll drastically misjudge the event. There are 43 items to be won, and a good proportion of them are significantly better than boss rares. Total stat gain before mods is somewhere around the 25k mark (rough estimate - I gained 40-45k from this event with my mods).

Scarface78
05-23-2013, 05:00 AM
If you look at LTQ as only giving you the end item you'll drastically misjudge the event. There are 43 items to be won, and a good proportion of them are significantly better than boss rares. Total stat gain before mods is somewhere around the 25k mark (rough estimate - I gained 40-45k from this event with my mods).

I'm not judging the event based on the last event prize, I'm telling about the experience earned, I'm level 44, with 43k att and 51k def, only doing boss and crate events so far. I had to drop off the LTQ event at level 20, because only completing level 19 almost cost me 1/3 the experience to level 45, just to get a 200/200 item, its worthy? Of course not! I usualy gain only 2 levels on boss event to earn about 8k stats.

I'm not telling I don't like the LTQ event, by the other way, its really cool participate, and its boring had to wait for another event, but the true is that at my level, LTQ event give a huge boost on stats (I agree with you, about 20k/21k), but ALSO give a huge boost on your level, if you are in my tier. It's only a matter of strategy. Make 20k points stats on one LTQ, and about 8-10 levels, or do 4-5 epic bosses, and earn aproximatelly 32k stats?

Of course, LTQ event is perfect to players that already ruin his account making missions, and are at my level with only 10-15k stats, even because they will not be able to do much at epic boss events anyway...

johnny boy phd
05-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Agree with your analysis, though leveling with LTQ is itself not a bad deal once you fold in time taken to gain stats - if you do 3-4 LTQs starting from tier 3, you'll cross level 100 in three months, but you'll also gain ~80k hit points doing it, which is a good deal. More pointedly, all your current rivals who level up rapidly will be waiting for you "on the other side" of level 100 six months from now with 120-150k points more, while you'll gain only say 60k from boss events. IOW, you gain more per xp with boss events alone, but you also take longer to gain those stats (and forgo LTQ items just as levelers forgo boss items) since there are only as many (?) boss events as LTQ events.

One additional support for your strategy is that it helps to be lower level in syndicate battles, since IP gained in a victory seems to depend on level difference. Stats which are decent for level 165 suddenly seem much more appealing for level 65 in that context, and much less for level 215. The plus side (for campers) is that the general point of going easy on xp now applies for battles even after L100.

One wrinkle now is boss events. If Gree is phasing them out, or even just reducing them compared to LTQ (one every two cycles versus once or twice every cycle) then staying under level 100 looks that much less appealing by contrast.

I'm adopting wait-and-see on LTQ for the moment. If they drop boss events I'll have to start doing them. But frankly I might just feel like dropping the game at that point; they're among the funnest parts of the game for me, and there's nothing wrong with them re player experience that calls for such a drastic response as dropping them. They just need to rejigger the tiers and hit points, and tier the rewards.

I must add that another advantage for the boss killing strategy is the time to build up the economy. By leveling too much one does not have the necessary resources (money and time) to build and upgrade your hood - then you'll be having togh times buying the recently unlocked cash weapons and will have trouble with the people who stayed in your new bracket for a longer time.

The same thought applies to people under me who just blazed through levels and ended up where I am. My IPH will certainly be much bigger as I am playing this game for more time and consequently I will have better items to outfit my mob.

Idiokus
05-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I say enjoy these LTQ...I stayed low level and beat many bosses for Free, worked on iph and just chilled low. I don't think it's worth missing out on great units to stay low! My reasoning being that once you do start leveling up and it happens even if slowly...all your hard worked income and NC's will be in trouble when ya reach the higher levels! A billion bosses perhaps can save ya...all the high levels players are just gonna camp your iph because they can...sick crazy stats awaits all those crawlers!!! They just sitting up there waiting for campers to come up and eventually campers will! Unless you just stay low forever...yup iph will be nice but you won't be able to protect your cash or base because of weak stats! Unless you buy loads of gold units...to make up for units you have missed! Game mechanics have changed so in my opinion players must adapt and rethink strategy which is slowly going out the window too because gold rules! Today I'm level 116 Attack 333k def 295k ...my plan is to do these Ltq get stronger and try to stay below level 200 only because it is obvious for war, high level best targets to hit for influence points...my 2 cents 

PSUMike
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I love LTQ events on my main account but hate them on my B account. I think if you are a low level player, do maybe 10 missions on the LTQ and then stop. You will get as couple weapons and a little bit of XP but not too much.

PSUMike
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM

It goes both ways dude. For a long time, high level players have been handicapped by events. Boss events could be completed at low levels without breaking a sweat yet its almost impossible at high levels. I see it from both sides of the fence as I have 2 accounts.

Scarface78
05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
It goes both ways dude. For a long time, high level players have been handicapped by events. Boss events could be completed at low levels without breaking a sweat yet its almost impossible at high levels. I see it from both sides of the fence as I have 2 accounts.

I agree with you on this question Mike, but I am complaining about 2 events only for high levels, at same time, not only LTQ. It will be ok if they just place a building costing 10 mil, for example, that everyone could participate, but no, they made a event that only high level players can acomplish (75 mil, really GREE?), than they start a LTQ event, with a huge amount of experience, that again, its good only to high level players...it's a total lack of consideration

Ragmondino
05-23-2013, 01:57 PM
It's making people play the game. It was invented to be played, jobs, attacks robs. Not just sit there doing nothing. Beat a boss every now and again, collect and upgrade. They want people to play the game the way it was made to be. I think it's a good decision on there part. Reward the players who have put a lot of effort into it, logging in, completing quests, levelling up. Just a shame it wasn't done sooner.

Spunky
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
It's making people play the game. It was invented to be played, jobs, attacks robs. Not just sit there doing nothing. Beat a boss every now and again, collect and upgrade. They want people to play the game the way it was made to be. I think it's a good decision on there part. Reward the players who have put a lot of effort into it, logging in, completing quests, levelling up. Just a shame it wasn't done sooner.

Your almost right but if you play the game the way its supposed to be played (follow the instructions) you would be at lvl 200 with stats around 20-30k. the rivals list in completly clogged with these players that have played it the way its supposed to be played and they are a total waist of space! well not if they are enjoying themselves.
The game has always been about strategy. About working out what will give you the edge on your rival. I think these events are good for the game but if you just play em the way you are told to, the way the mob plays them, you are a fool. (not u personally)

Spunky
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I agree with you on this question Mike, but I am complaining about 2 events only for high levels, at same time, not only LTQ. It will be ok if they just place a building costing 10 mil, for example, that everyone could participate, but no, they made a event that only high level players can acomplish (75 mil, really GREE?), than they start a LTQ event, with a huge amount of experience, that again, its good only to high level players...it's a total lack of consideration

Buildings LTQs are for high income not for high levels. the 75k building is a crap B type building anyway so dont cry over it. I like that there are events that suit different strategies. If you are a low level camper the building LTQs work for you. If you are a high level muscle with a lousy income then the event LTQs work for you. different events will be structured differently so will suit some more than others. you may have cried over wasting all those skill points on energy but maybe now your happy with your decision. if you have none. suck it up and do the events that suit u.

Spunky
05-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Up until recently the only point of having a high income was so u could upgrade buildings to have a higher income. how can you complain about changes that make building your hood important again. If you want to do well in building LTQs then build you income to a point where u can. dont complain that someone who has taken the time to build there account has an advantage over you. The strong get stronger in this game. Cash is once again a strength!

bald zeemer
05-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Your almost right but if you play the game the way its supposed to be played (follow the instructions) you would be at lvl 200 with stats around 20-30k. the rivals list in completly clogged with these players that have played it the way its supposed to be played and they are a total waist of space! well not if they are enjoying themselves.
The game has always been about strategy. About working out what will give you the edge on your rival. I think these events are good for the game but if you just play em the way you are told to, the way the mob plays them, you are a fool. (not u personally)

The whole point is that this is no longer true. LTQ alone will boost your stats by around 30k if you have any sort of synd bonus, add LTB weapons & war weapons and all of a sudden you can have decent stats by being an active player.

Intrance
05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I agree with OP. the idea that skipping out on LTQ will get you behide is flawed. If that is the case are you saying there is no reason for new players to play since they been missing LTQs? This game is always about stat per exp. even in wars you are rewarded for high stat low lv. I think stat gain should always be valued by stat/exp.

candyson
05-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Good thing you have to be level 40. I don't want to be tempted into these. I will just wait until either world domination or the next boss event if there is one.

murf
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I agree with OP. the idea that skipping out on LTQ will get you behide is flawed. If that is the case are you saying there is no reason for new players to play since they been missing LTQs? This game is always about stat per exp. even in wars you are rewarded for high stat low lv. I think stat gain should always be valued by stat/exp.

It really comes down to how you want to play the game, if you want to play a very passive, conservative style and try and maximize every last XP, then it's probably best to just rely on scratchers. If you want to take a semi-active type approach, then smart RP/XP farming and choosing the correct events to participate in are key. And this LTQ definitely looks good enough on a stats / XP to justify participating in. My L80 account will probably level 2-3 x's while gaining stats of around 5k / 5k. I'll take 2k stats increase per level.

Killghost
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
With these events going on , i'd say camping isn't really worth it unless u want to sit around and increase your Iph. Plus these cash equipments aren't worth compared to what you get from these events.

murf
05-23-2013, 10:22 PM

This is not true that it is for high level players. Even if you only check your game every 8 hours, you only need 1,440 of energy to never be full. You could accomplish by level 48. There is no difference in having 2,000 or 10,000 energy if you are an active player, except leveling up, and a lower level player will level up more, so that offsets.

If you spent a ton of points on useless attack / defense, don't blame the event.

Dr.
05-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi all,
With the recent addition of LTQ, the game has changed for players under lvl 100 trying to stay under tiers. Essentially, I want to bring this topic to discussion with this second thread I create:

Bottom line - LTQ items give you huge stat improvement, but bring along dramatic xp increase. The question is: is it worth for players under lvl 100?

I will start with a little bit of my playing story. I have been a boss killer. Boss killing was what made it possible for me to join a top 250 syndicate by lvl 40 and a top 75 by lvl 50. My first boss event was Madame Payne - I was still newbie under lvl 20 and I am not sure how far I did go, maybe 25-ish. My second boss was Old Timer Mike - I think - I went to tier #2 with it and kept on going killing like 50 plus bosses to get the rares. Since then, I have been able to kill all tier #2 bosses (not sure now how many, maybe 3 - gold standard gun, punk car, and this last red car which put me in tier #3). On this last one I kept on killing for the rares (up to 60 plus bosses), which with war prizes put me in a confortable position to take tier #3 bosses. It seems that boss events became rarer and were replaced in part by the new LTQ event. Still, I am waiting for them.

Now I give an example of what I just saw yesterday. A guy got really pyschotic about me robbing him and started to revenge with multiple PvP bouts through a revenge link after he improved dramatically with the LTQ. He used to be lvl 60 a few days ago maybe in the 40k-50k attack range, not really sure because I am so strong for my lvl that it is irrelevant (I would be beaten only by just a few respect hackers and a couple players who were stronger campers than me). Right now he is lvl 77 with 80k. He missed tier#3 bosses and most likely will not be able to cope with tier#4 - his stat increase is quite short sighted and will get him nowhere in the long run. One more LTQ he will be above lvl 100, with maybe 110k attack, and forget about boss killing.

To conclude:

I think I will be sitting the LTQs. I got maybe to hitlists lvl 19 and then quit (got freaked out with too much xp), and this one to lvl 13 and I am sitting it out (same reason: I dont want to get 1000xp for a 100/100 range weapon by doing all jobs at the docks). Afterall, I dont mind not playing this game at all for a few days - I have been doing that forever and I really enjoy breaks from the game particularly after the war weekend and with the 1 hr box opening period. 1000 xp means 5-6 lvls of boss killing with the possibility of 5-6 rares that comes with them. 1000xp could also mean one less boss in tier#3. higher levels also mean lower influence points against high lvl players. Certainly as one advances the LTQ the prizes get better exponentially - but should it really payoff to get a 1000 car after leveling up 5 times and miss a boss tier completely?

My opinion is that to participate in the LTQ is one of those things that you'll regret in the future after you learn about it. I guess newbies and dumb people (note, only under lvl 100) really enjoy seeing all those nice weapons (100/100, 200/200, 300/300, big deal). Still, there are multiple ways to play this game and I really understand people following other strategies than the one I follow. I am only interested in the onethat would get me ahead as much as possible in the long run. I understand this topic is highly irrelevant for players above lvl 100, but please discuss. Thanks.

As a high level player who was considering retirement, the game has changed for the better!!!

Dr.
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Like the ltq events you get 30k stat increase for 1 vault you can't beat that.

Camping is of the past! High stats are the future.

Dipstik
05-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Remember when everyone knew that 56k was the highest stats you could achieve as a free player and the only goal was trying to reach that as fast as possible? Those were the days.