PDA

View Full Version : Declaring war too soon

PITA4PRES
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Many factions, ours included, have had issues with members declaring war too early so team members are not prepared to battle, thus sabotaging the team. What if they added a feature that allowed the faction to decide how often they wanted to declare war--i.e 1 hr, 2 hrs. etc? So if a team set the time at 2 hours and had just finished a battle and someone declared war they would be given a message telling them it was too soon and how long before war could be declared again. This way any team member could declare war, but teams could also ensure that the team's battle strategy remains intact. Factions that use gold to regen their health would not see a difference and could choose to leave it at one hour. Light or non-gold users could find this helpful as they really need the time to regen.

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I had the same idea diff concept my idea was like a option the leader has to decide who of the faction can declare so if you got some jumpers just make them unable to declare or only officers can declare give the faction leader options.

Tonyjabroni
05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
It would make sense for regular members not to be able to declare war. It should be leader/officers only.

SGT Rud
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
I like the idea of only the leader and officers able to declare war. This has been discussed many times over. Probably the next reply will be someone who says its a horrible idea. They will just make all their members into officers and your faction is disorganized and needs to be more like mine.\

I had this issue back in Greenland. We had a guy for the last day, he declared back to back battles for the whole day. We lost ground and barely came in top 1000 because of it. A couple of our android users were keeping us up to date with our rankings and how bad we were falling.

Rowdydowdy
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Sgt Rud, It is a horrible idea to try to get this changed. There are so many other changes needed first... ; )

mgriss
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Why not declare and not fight for an hour... earn a few points on rival's lost attacks. Unless you can't afford the walls or something, there's no downside.

Edit: I suppose it makes it harder to schedule group attacks... the couple of minutes spent during the matchup process means your wars will never start on the hour.

Speed ump
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Heres another idea too, officers only, and must be confirmed by a second officer. If you really want to keep misfires from happening. Why not just declare nonstop, as long as someone is on, you can get some kind of points.loses or wins are great for the ego, but mean nothing towards your placement. Ive heard people talk about the points you "lose" to your opponenets, which is nonsense. If they are not batling you, they will obviously be battling someone else, and gaining points either way. Ive also heard of people saying not to fight a faction you are friendly with if you somehow hot matched up with them. More bs. You cannot take a single point away from them by battling them, as they battle you. If neither fight, then you both lose a hour of time.

SGT Rud
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
We tried to do back to back, but it got way too confusing with which battles were supposed to be fought in. As a free faction, we rely on most amount of players fighting in each battle. If only one or two people are at it, the wall doesn't come down, we score barely any points. But if you were gold, it wouldn't matter, and makes sense to play that way. Again, its all about your factions startegy.

v8mustang
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
What's the point of having members AND officers have the ability to declare war.

Why does officers only have the ability to delete messages on faction forum and accept/reject any incoming members. What about declaring war? Remove the member's ability to declare war, put officers to better use.

BigBlueNationAWC
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Our faction also has this problem people are declaring war and deleting the faction alerts :mad: :mad:
We just kicked a couple of members (not officers) out because they are sabotaging the team. :cool:

HunterKiller
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I think that people need to think of this game more like a real sport, and your faction more like your team.
In my faction, we talk to each other, work together and trust each other. And because we do that, nobody declares war if tney are told not to.
I choose who to keep in the team based as much on charachter as on stats and points scored. I say make people put effort into recruiting, to find players that suit your team, and work on having good communications.

Max Power
05-22-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think Gree should spend much time and effort in software development to help faction leaders control their recruits. I do like the idea of officers only though, and wonder why it wasn't implemented with that requirement in the first place.