PDA

View Full Version : Time to take it easy?

I am a cow
05-22-2013, 12:17 AM
I hav played this game for less than a year and I have enjoyed playing it but it may be my time to go as wife is getting pissed. Thoughts?

BADMARKX
05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
I remember you saying a week ago, no luck?

I am a cow
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
nup wondering what i should do with my account if I quit. Is it against TOS if i give my accounts away for nothing in return to a faction member?

HGF69
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
No I think it's against tos to sell it but who's gonna know if you do either anyway? Tons of people transfer accounts between devices.

DME
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
It is technically against the ToS. Don't ask, don't tell?

KFH
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Yeah you should be able to give it away I think making money off it is where they get angry

Bart
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM
ouch, another player bites the dust, I remember King little fruit fly was saying similar thing about his wife pissed at him playing this much.

RedRoom
05-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Play at work...

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Man my wife use to get ticked off about the game so I explained to her that I don't gamble or buy new clothes or other things I buy gold on my game and I don't play many games and this game is fun for me and I don't get to have allot of fun between work bills and life so this game is my get away. And she is ok with it now don't know if it will help but my wife hated this game

Yankster
05-22-2013, 05:49 AM
You will be missed sir...

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 05:52 AM
I hav played this game for less than a year and I have enjoyed playing it but it may be my time to go as wife is getting pissed. Thoughts?

There is a time and a place... family should always come first and you just need to find the right balance. You don't have to participate in every event... choose them wisely and hopefully your wife will be more reasonable.

Zachio
05-22-2013, 05:55 AM
happy wife = happy life

Agent Orange
05-22-2013, 06:15 AM

If you have to ask us addicts to justify your actions you ARE in serious denial my friend.

SGT Rud
05-22-2013, 06:29 AM
My wife plays modern war with me. Just wish sometimes she was in a different faction. Get no peace at home, and none at my base. She is constantly telling me to take the trash out at the infirmary and barracks. My god, if I hear "go to the Military Market for...." one more time.

BlackScorpio
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
That's better than if she ask you to drop by the Armory on your way home from the Cement Factory, to pick up more Shotgun shells, because she used them all on your neighbours. She thought they where raiding your backyard ;)

Bravo Zulu
05-22-2013, 08:46 AM
That's better than if she ask you to drop by the Armory on your way home from the Cement Factory, to pick up more Shotgun shells, because she used them all on your neighbours. She thought they where raiding your backyard ;)

Hahaha. That is too funny. I got my husband to play- so when I wanted to talk about it he knew what I was saying. Lucky for me, my faction leader wouldn't take llps. That was my out. :) I have heard from the forum and in my faction that a gift of a season of her favorite show during war time keeps the peace!

On a serious note, is she pissed about the time, money or both? Or just sick of hearing you talk about it?

Bravo Zulu
05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
If you have to ask us addicts to justify your actions you ARE in serious denial my friend.

He isn't asking us to justify his actions, he is asking for thoughts about his situation from people who may have run into the same issues. Sometimes a pissed of wife is a workable situation. I know, I have been one. :) Just because the aide is pissed does not mean he is doing anything wrong. It may just mean he has to be flexible and prioritize differently.

Sometimes you need to try some alternatives. If that doesn't work, then scaling back or quitting are considerations. It may be just a game, but why do people keep insisting it is addiction because we like to play and don't want to give it up unless we have too? Addiction is a dependence, a physiological dependence at that. That doesn't mean it is addiction and bad if the game makes you feel good. If you are functionally impaired because of gameplay we can talk about addiction. Until then, everyone should consider that maybe they are using the word out of context.

Thenoob
05-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Just get a divorce and then you can keep playing lol kidding Its all about balance

coachsmart
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Depends, does she put out? If so, keep playing and PM me her phone number.

Bravo Zulu
05-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Eddie101 was just taken out minutes age, here is what he said:
Zulu baby, no shrink me self but the question indicates a serious problem...suggest we help our buddy "el cow" rather than sweep it under the rug...as we both know these "problems" are best addressed in the early stage...again...with
all due respect to one of the finer minds in the game and/or forum...let's continue helping our friends as best we can.
FYI Gree...this post will be duplicated, backed up, screen shot (of course) for my legal team...it will be reposted
whenever I choose.

Agreed. But the serious problem may not be the game. More info is always needed. Like what exactly she is pissed about. If Cow got fired for playing, the answer is clear. If he is neglecting husbandly or fatherly duties- still clear. But if it is because she doesn't understand why he wants to play, or is sick of hearing about it, there may be other solutions. It's not really under the rug when he asks and we are talking about it with him. ;)

I am a cow
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Ok thanks guys but I may have to convince my wife to play modern war as well then she'll get addicted.

glitters
05-22-2013, 10:35 PM
You haven't told everyone the whole story. Instead of making your wife look like the villain between the two of you, please fill us in with more information.

Either:

A) this game has invaded your life so much that your wife is becoming worried about your welfare, and rightly so.

B) you have absolute self-control and only play this game leisurely. Your wife is just excessively intrusive, in which case you have married the wrong woman.

So which one is it?

I am a cow
05-22-2013, 10:42 PM
You haven't told everyone the whole story. Instead of making your wife look like the villain between the two of you, please fill us in with more information.

Either:

A) this game has invaded your life so much that your wife is becoming worried about your welfare, and rightly so.

B) you have absolute self-control and only play this game leisurely. Your wife is just excessively intrusive, in which case you have married the wrong woman.

So which one is it?

Neither is that a choice?

glitters
05-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I take it your situation is somewhere in between. Then either of the two: quiting MW; or divorce, are valid options.

Yankster
05-22-2013, 11:13 PM
How's this.. Take the wife out spend the weekend away maybe just check into your base once or twice, obviously vault cash or resets.. But perhaps some will honor your leave. Drop allies down so that your under the radar, you may get to a point were your able to fend off attacks being only indestructible units. Advance your player to a faction that isn't as competitive. Perhaps a low level needs a d leader, just a suggestion. Balance life out a bit and when you decide to be more dedicated or perhaps not play as frequent you still are able to do so. Some go as far as only keeping buildings that produce every 48 hours... Hate to see you leave entirely np but there does come a point where it all ends...

JimmyThePick
05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Cow, I'm not trying to be a smart donkey, but would you rather spend your life with MW or your wife? Maybe take a week off and evaluate? Like a few previous posters said, balance.

I am a cow
05-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Here I go with the walk :( may be on just a few days of the week when I am not at work in another state lol that gives me 3 days

King little fruit fly
05-23-2013, 12:45 AM

Good luck to you, Mr Cow, same here. Like I posted it before, my wife is firm with her decision, no play after 5/25/2013. She is going to lock all my game devices in a safe. :mad: I will try to sneak in to collect money here and there.

Gringo
05-23-2013, 01:58 AM
I spend a fair bit on gold! With these events being to close. Charged double on gold purchase, and 3 hits per refil.
The game is no longer enjoyable, tickets not answered
In over a month also 

rar
05-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Do what I did, get your wife to play. She might like it. Or, you can leave your faction, put the game down and don't open it for a couple of weeks. I had one player do that. He is back now and happy. Sadly, I have also had 5 people sell their bases off and donate to the faction and quit. Three of them were players that were with me when the faction thing started. Find the best option for yourself. Good luck

jjm521
05-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Post pics of the wife and we'll help you choose

jjm521
05-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Man my wife use to get ticked off about the game so I explained to her that I don't gamble or buy new clothes or other things I buy gold on my game and I don't play many games and this game is fun for me and I don't get to have allot of fun between work bills and life so this game is my get away. And she is ok with it now don't know if it will help but my wife hated this game

All wives hate games (cuz WE love them). Tell her youll compromise, youll quit the game if she stops buying shoes. Seems fair to me as ill guarantee shes spending more on shoes than you are on fake gold