PDA

View Full Version : Here is the difference between iOS and Android.

Infamous They
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Those that are simple and uneducated choose Android. Those that have the luxury of not caring about price choose an iPhone.

Infamous They
05-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Steve Jobs LET android happen. Knowing someone always has to mow the yard, so to speak.

KFH
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Im an Ios user, and was always told you buy and apple product, you never really own it.
I think there two completely different platforms, and it's all a matter of preference.

That being said, I'v always liked how Apple products look

DME
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I'd actually say that iOS is more aimed at the less technologically knowledgeable (the masses), whereas Android allows far more freedom for the advanced user.

Did this really require a new thread?

KFH
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
I'd actually say that iOS is more aimed at the less technologically knowledgeable (the masses), whereas Android allows far more freedom for the advanced user.

Did this really require a new thread?I agree with this, it takes alot more knowledge to take control of your IOS device

Infamous They
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Buy a Dodge or buy a Ferrari, it's your choice.

DME
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Buy a Dodge or buy a Ferrari, it's your choice.

As somebody pointed out in the other thread. You can't compare an iphone to a ferrari. Ferrari's are top of the line specs and iphones aren't.

KFH
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
i think its buy a Ferrari, or buy a Lamborghini.

KFH
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM
As somebody pointed out in the other thread. You can't compare an iphone to a ferrari. Ferrari's are top of the line specs and iphones aren't.In terms of what people know then Iphone would be considered the Ferrari of phones. I agree there is better just like there is better than Ferrari, It's just what most people know as being the best

glitters
05-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Those that are simple and uneducated choose Android. Those that have the luxury of not caring about price choose an iPhone.

I think you have it the other way around mate. I bought an iPhone because I didn't want to deal with the complexities of Android.

glitters
05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
i think its buy a Ferrari, or buy a Lamborghini.

I agree with this. iPhone is like a Lambo (or at least the ones before iPhone 5). Sexy exterior, but the specs could do with some improvement.

DME
05-22-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree with this. iPhone is like a Lambo (or at least the ones before iPhone 5). Sexy exterior, but the specs could do with some improvement.

I can't dispute that prior to the iphone 5 the build quality of the exterior was definitely quality.

I do find it disappointing how some top of the line Android phones have top of the line specs and then opt for the cheap option (plastic) for the exterior build quality. It's what put me off of getting a Samsung.

So you have Samsung going for top specs and sub-par exterior build quality and Apple going for top exterior build quality (prior to the iphone 5) and sub-par specs. So individually neither is perfect.

cwayeharris
05-22-2013, 04:05 AM
I think it's more like, buy an Audi (android) or buy a toyota (iphone)

The iphone is not as good, but much more reliable.

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 05:25 AM

Want to know something funny...
Direct quote from an apple sales person " IOS is was designed for children and tested by children to insure that it was as simple as a phone could get" android is way more complex if android wants an iphone just click the app screen button if a iphone wants a custom home screen forget it that all android my friend.
Silly ppl IOS is for kids.
Android is the real phone

Max Power
05-22-2013, 06:42 AM
I own an iPhone and a Dodge. What a conundrum.

I had an iPod touch and loved the interface. Got the phone because everything transferred. That and life is too short to waste time trying to "master" your damn phone.

honest Abe
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Sir, I beg to differ on the better than Ferrari part...

In terms of what people know then Iphone would be considered the Ferrari of phones. I agree there is better just like there is better than Ferrari, It's just what most people know as being the best

Agent Orange
05-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Yes it's rather counter productive to read comments on a topic when those commenting may not have first hand experience.

I use both platforms. IOS is not perfect either and this app now requires a lot of processing power. Those using 1st gen iPads I am sure will confirm that this app crashes often and at the most irritating of times almost making the game unplayable. Oddly 4th gen iPod touches do not have this problem.

On the Android side, if you have a phone with slow CPU and limited internal memory the app is a nightmare to use. Apart from constant freeze ups most times the automatic upgrades fail forcing you to delete then download the app. This is the result of low internal memory since the app needs to use this vs any micro SD card you have installed.

However the app runs ok on some of the cheapest Android 4/4.1 tablets. The one's costing around $80! Not something you can find in the IOS world since the cheapest IOS device we could find were 4th gen iPod touches for $149.

Roll outs of new content are still slower on Android. On IOS you need to restart the app in many cases to load new data.

Transport Raider drops, might be faster on Android or not. On IOS they drop at least every other time and I suspect this is more to do with the number times you have completed that specific mission. But the reality is these units are not IMHO worth going after due to their pathetic casualty rate.

Both platforms have their good and bad points, personally I think it's a shame that I can't use our Blackberry Playbook to play MW....

redham
05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
This discussion always rears its ulgy face every few years. Some brainwashed Apple fan boy has the need to draw attention to themself because they have become ubiquitous.

Look back to IOS vs DOS / Windows

Now IOS vs Droid.

Jobs did a great job of taking the complex and SIMPLIFYED it for the masses. Yes... he dumbed it down for the masses and then gave their users some superfluous controls to give the end user some sense of technological intelligence. That is like cooking a microwave dinner, throwing some salt on it and calling yourself a chef.

I am not bashing Apple, I play this game on a IPhone 5 and Droid device. Making a statement that the O/P made is a great example of what a greatmarketing job Apple did.

THIS game is smoother on IOs because they started the program on the IOS platform and that is where their core competencies are.