PDA

View Full Version : A notice to the Cartel

blondealex
05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Before Columbia I stated in the "top 25" leader chat that Original Black Ops would be going for top 10. During the Battle for Columbia, the cartel acted as if it was some surprise and threatened to target our members if we continued to try for a top 10 finish.

You try to say that you're established to curb spending. If that were the case, I would have to question your strategy. Why would you want to run up the scores of the top 10 early and then slow down and just threaten and team up against everyone that is trying to play the game as well. WD events are basically an auction. Who bids items up and stops, watching to make sure no one else bids? We were taking the approach of going slow and then making a push at the end so that we wouldn't be pushing up prices through the three day event. Isn't that the best way to curb spending?

All of that aside and not getting into any other thoughts about the politics involved or the childish arrogance with some of the cartel, I want to publicly state:

Original Black Ops will be going for top 10 in the upcoming Battle for Madagascar. If the cartel plans to keep us out, it will cost 25 million WD points at least along with another 100k added every time our members are targeted.

General Maximus
05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
::gets popcorn:: The Madagascar battle will be fun to watch as the points sky rocket.

Speed ump
05-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I will make sure to personally add 20 million to your wd totals from my targeting then. I dont really care about what you do, I just so love a good challenge. Thank you blondy.

Ryans67
05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I'd be frustrated as well if I spent gold to score 23m points for 11th place. Instead of blaming this imaginary cartel, I would blame a failure in leadership. It would be better to get on board then to miss the boat two events in a row.

King little fruit fly
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Let's work together, let's not fight among us, please contact Ferr. ;)

We only have 1 common enemy. :rolleyes:

steveo127
05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
what are you talking about? there is no Cartel faction. it's a bunch of independent owner-operators.

don't get too worked up over it. it's just a sort of way for people to come together as in an AA meeting and admit that they are trying to overcome a spending problem or support others who have/had a spending problem. I'm a proud supporter of the Cartel, yet I still spend gold.

the whole point, as originally promoted by PIRATE JUSTICE and myself, was to remind everyone to be conscious of what they are doing when they're purchasing a vault of gold....to remind them to reallly be aware that they're spending $100/£90 every single time they click that button. It's not a mob, not a faction, not a gang, not even a true cartel! Just a mindset.

Long live the Cartel; protecting the freedom to think, the freedom of choice

Before Columbia I stated in the "top 25" leader chat that Original Black Ops would be going for top 10. During the Battle for Columbia, the cartel acted as if it was some surprise and threatened to target our members if we continued to try for a top 10 finish.

You try to say that you're established to curb spending. If that were the case, I would have to question your strategy. Why would you want to run up the scores of the top 10 early and then slow down and just threaten and team up against everyone that is trying to play the game as well. WD events are basically an auction. Who bids items up and stops, watching to make sure no one else bids? We were taking the approach of going slow and then making a push at the end so that we wouldn't be pushing up prices through the three day event. Isn't that the best way to curb spending?

All of that aside and not getting into any other thoughts about the politics involved or the childish arrogance with some of the cartel, I want to publicly state:

Original Black Ops will be going for top 10 in the upcoming Battle for Madagascar. If the cartel plans to keep us out, it will cost 25 million WD points at least along with another 100k added every time our members are targeted.

Selfproclaimed
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Im not against or for the cartel. They do whatever it is they do. But can't blame them for you guys losing. I know the final battle yous had. Yous got out spent on that battle. There was nothing else to it.

honest Abe
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
There never was a spoon, I have no idea what you are talking about. You are chasing ghosts...

DME
05-21-2013, 07:38 PM
what are you talking about? there is no Cartel faction. it's a bunch of independent owner-operators.

don't get too worked up over it. it's just a sort of way for people to come together as in an AA meeting and admit that they are trying to overcome a spending problem or support others who have/had a spending problem. I'm a proud supporter of the Cartel, yet I still spend gold.

the whole point, as originally promoted by PIRATE JUSTICE and myself, was to remind everyone to be conscious of what they are doing when they're purchasing a vault of gold....to remind them to reallly be aware that they're spending $100/£90 every single time they click that button. It's not a mob, not a faction, not a gang, not even a true cartel! Just a mindset.

Long live the Cartel; protecting the freedom to think, the freedom of choice

By this explanation it sounds like the "Cartel" is completely meaningless. I thought the whole basis of it was to withhold money until they started to listen and make positive changes, not just attention seeking drivel.

Jd-fors
05-21-2013, 07:40 PM
You have the right to play the game any which way you desire.you want 10th?go get it.no one should tell another how they should play their game.i am still having fun but in a much smaller way.thats my choice.for those of you not having fun just please delete the game!

blondealex
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Make no mistake. We are not blaming anyone for placing 11th and not frustrated. It was an absolute blast the last 3 hours. Hats off to VFF, that last battle was as much fun as I've had playing a game in quite some time. They beat us fair and square.

I'm just letting it be known what our intentions are so that I don't have to put up with any of the behind the scenes drama this time.

Cheers

Selfproclaimed
05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
It was also a bit of luck. VFF , 26th , final battle gets OBO ,25th.

TYR_Rune
05-21-2013, 08:02 PM
From what I am aware of.. my faction, Mcgurt, never threathened any of the top-25 factions (specially OBO)... Even our war-time chatters during Columbia never talked in anger about any top-25 factions that are aspiring to become top-10 as well.. and there were no discussion of specifically targeting OBO.

Mcgurt originally started as a top-100 faction, we strived to make progress one step at a time.. So we fully understand your situation OBO (and the rest of the top-25 faction)..

(Although I cannot speak for the rest of the top-10 placers) I must tell you that you have McGurt's full sympathy and encourage you to compete w/ us for the top-10 spot fair and square.. But rest assured, McGurt is fully ready to meet any challenges ahead in the top-10 arena..

So goodluck buddy, McGurt wishes you all the luck... and see yah in the battlefield...:)

mhicks1978
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I will make sure to personally add 20 million to your wd totals from my targeting then. I dont really care about what you do, I just so love a good challenge. Thank you blondy.

Speed ump, Your talk is very CHEAP!! I am still waiting for you to come take a visit, HAPPY HUNTINGS!!!

General Maximus
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
When I read the TYR sig.... Bravo switched places with them. Bravo got top 10 in the 1st 3 wars, and now top 25 in the 2nd 3 wars.

BILAT NI KAZU BAHO
05-21-2013, 08:25 PM
From what I am aware of.. my faction, Mcgurt, never threathened any of the top-25 factions (specially OBO)... Even our war-time chatters during Columbia never talked in anger about any top-25 factions that are aspiring to become top-10 as well.. and there were no discussion of specifically targeting OBO.

Mcgurt originally started as a top-100 faction, we strived to make progress one step at a time.. So we fully understand your situation OBO (and the rest of the top-25 faction)..

(Although I cannot speak for the rest of the top-10 placers) I must tell you that you have McGurt's full sympathy and encourage you to compete w/ us for the top-10 spot fair and square.. But rest assured, McGurt is fully ready to meet any challenges ahead in the top-10 arena..

So goodluck buddy, McGurt wishes you all the luck... and see yah in the battlefield...:)

I dont know what faction FROGBUTT is from but here's a quote fro her...."Lay me off pronto or the CARTEL will be in you a**"

So what will the cartel really do? Destroy your base? Takes them 3 clicks to destroy a building that you can rebuilx with one click...Hmmmmm. Go ahead frogbutt. ;););)

Speed ump
05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Well most certainly mr hicks, just pm me your location. I love to visit all who ask, in many ways. I'm happy to share with all. I have special methods of visiting the artificially enhanced members too, when needed.

DME
05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
I have special methods of visiting the artificially enhanced members too

I'm sure you do, lol.

Thief
05-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Make no mistake. We are not blaming anyone for placing 11th and not frustrated. It was an absolute blast the last 3 hours. Hats off to VFF, that last battle was as much fun as I've had playing a game in quite some time. They beat us fair and square.

I'm just letting it be known what our intentions are so that I don't have to put up with any of the behind the scenes drama this time.

Cheers

OBO it was an absolute Blast matching against you for the final battle. It honestly couldn't have been any better for us as we knew exactly what we needed to do to pass you. You guys certainly didn't make it easy on us :D

One of the Epic battles that will go down in history of Modern War.

steveo127
05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
it's only as meaningful as you choose it to be.

if you truly have no interest in the idea, then yes you may consider it to be just attention seeking drivel. however, if you are like a handful of people who PM'd me once the threads began about the whole Cartel idea, and thanked me for opening their eyes, then you may not consider it meaningless.

the meaning is up to you...accept it, decry it, spray paint it on a side walk, whatever! just don't blame it for keeping you out of where you wished you had ended up...

By this explanation it sounds like the "Cartel" is completely meaningless. I thought the whole basis of it was to withhold money until they started to listen and make positive changes, not just attention seeking drivel.

CDR Shepard
05-21-2013, 08:50 PM
During the Battle for Columbia, the cartel acted as if it was some surprise and threatened to target our members if we continued to try for a top 10 finish.

Hmm, I think, as already stated, the Cartel is just a name for an idea, not an actual group. However, I find it weird to see some of the people who think they are part of "The Cartel" but dont follow this idea...I think some just want to be apart of whatever crap comes up...

Speed ump, Your talk is very CHEAP!! I am still waiting for you to come take a visit, HAPPY HUNTINGS!!!

Really? Like, oh I dunno, as cheap as internet muscles? I wish for every time I read this someone would really do it and whoop some butt, I think your adolecent self needs it. You also have no idea who these people may really be behind these names, so you are obviously not very bright, sorry.

Haha, love this! This is pretty much what an app war game should be. Thanks, Speed ump

I have special methods of visiting the artificially enhanced members too, when needed.

Well, then you said this... O_o All good though, I had to pause and laugh at this one, sorry!

mhicks1978
05-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Well most certainly mr hicks, just pm me your location. I love to visit all who ask, in many ways. I'm happy to share with all. I have special methods of visiting the artificially enhanced members too, when needed.

Speed!! Go ask your PUN BUDDIES TO HELP YOU, WOW I THOUGHT YOU HAD POWER? YOUR A JOKE! JUST ANOTHER FAT GUY SITTING AT A DESK SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THIS GAME! YOUR A JOKE! HAPPY HUNTINGS............

TYR_Rune
05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
I dont know what faction FROGBUTT is from but here's a quote fro her...."Lay me off pronto or the CARTEL will be in you a**"

So what will the cartel really do? Destroy your base? Takes them 3 clicks to destroy a building that you can rebuilx with one click...Hmmmmm. Go ahead frogbutt. ;););)

FROGBUTT? He certainly is not with us...

Infamous They
05-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Ever hear of the term "butt hurt"?

Gabbahh
05-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Frogbutt is a she.
There is no Cartel.

If there was, they would have succeeded at keeping the cost down of top 10. It went up by a lot. Total failure.

Speed ump
05-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Cdr, I think mr hicks was inviting me to visit him in the game, not in person, though I have been offered that many times as well too, by many players. Keeping in mind its an in game visit, I think you can then realize what artificaily enhanced players might mean.

DME
05-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Ever hear of the term "butt hurt"?

Is it related to

I have special methods of visiting the artificially enhanced members too, when needed.

CDR Shepard
05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Cdr, I think mr hicks was inviting me to visit him in the game, not in person, though I have been offered that many times as well too, by many players. Keeping in mind its an in game visit, I think you can then realize what artificaily enhanced players might mean.

Ahh, and the lightbulb comes on. :rolleyes: I totally..cough cough HACK!...get it. However, I still think the way I took it to be a little humorous!

Speed ump
05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Here, let me give you a little something to BAN that cough and HACKing you've got there.lol

Sirius
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Greetings!

While having some healthy competition and passionate rivalries are great and all, insulting fellow users and tossing around accusations isn't. Giving you guys involved a warning this time.

Please keep the conversation more in line next time and also please note the forum rules below:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

/closed before it gets further out of hand.

~Sirius