PDA

View Full Version : Slow Down Funzio

wawoftam
05-21-2013, 05:55 PM
These events are happening far to fast for my liking. The gap between the strongest and weaker players is widening at an alarming rate. The battle prizes widen it even further.
I believe it is a very short sighted approach and the game will be killed of within 12 months if this keeps up.There is less and less reason for newer players to donate as being competitive is getting tougher and tougher.

BigMoney
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I think the problem is that GREE likes to spit in the face of their customers. We've been going about this all wrong. We as players should demand more events, more frequent wars, etc., and watch as GREE suddenly decides to do the opposite. Some Reverse Psychology 101 there.

Armalg-the-Good
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
So allowing new players to be competitive sooner, thereby increasing retention of new players, will in the long run "ruin the game".... riiiight... My guess is that the OP is being sarcastic and this is really a thread about how GREE is actually doing a good job improving their business model. In that case I'd have to agree.

PawnXIIX
05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
What company is Funzio?

;)

AFed
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
So allowing new players to be competitive sooner, thereby increasing retention of new players, will in the long run "ruin the game".... riiiight... My guess is that the OP is being sarcastic and this is really a thread about how GREE is actually doing a good job improving their business model. In that case I'd have to agree.

New players can't do LTQs and won't be in a top syn as they haven't proven spending. Consequently, older players will grow more statwise than the new counterparts. The logic doesn't follow.

BIGRED2277
05-22-2013, 12:02 AM
ya they care nothing for the most part about the small amount of people that hav a problem bec they are out weighed by the big gold buyers. look at the very 1st war, to re gain your health it only cost 15 gold, when they saw how much ppl would spend on gold for the points and items for placing they boosted it to 25 gold.

Droop1972
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM

The wars favor older players as the prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 10th 25, 50 and 75 are not obtainable by the vast majority of newbies. The LTQ's favor older players as well as they have accrued more energy and stamina and are therefore able to accomplish the goals where a newbie will not. The only event that favors newbies is the boss events and the prizes are not significant enough to decrease the gap.

wawoftam
05-22-2013, 06:20 AM
The wars favor older players as the prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 10th 25, 50 and 75 are not obtainable by the vast majority of newbies. The LTQ's favor older players as well as they have accrued more energy and stamina and are therefore able to accomplish the goals where a newbie will not. The only event that favors newbies is the boss events and the prizes are not significant enough to decrease the gap.

Glad there are a couple of people who see this. The gap forever increases and so will motivation for the more recent players. Why would you bother spending gold on buildings lets say when you know that you have little or no hope of being accepted into a top 250 syndicate? I can see in a year from now that they'll be lucky to be able to fill 250 syndicates as players will find an alternate app to spend their money on.

Oh and to the educated contributors who picked up on my error, Well Done. Yes it's Gree and not Funzio. Your contribution to the thread has been enormous.
How's that for sarcasm? :p

bald zeemer
05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
If you're a new player, and a gold-spender I find it very difficult to believe that you'd have trouble finding a spot on a top 250 syndicate.

Max Power
05-22-2013, 06:29 AM
The gaps between the haves and the have-nots is widening, but the gap was always there, and always insurmountable. I used to get beat by people all day with 150k attack, now they have 500k. WTH is the difference? This game has always been about whether you spend or you don't.

It's just a big ego trip for all those people, and I am more than willing to let their egos and sense of competativeness land them in the poorhouse. I would rather make a BMW payment than try and keep up with those guys.

Chosen Pessimist
05-22-2013, 06:57 AM
^ what he said. Pixels making my epeen hard or 5-6 cases of beer. Drive your BMW to my place Max, I'm buyin the brew.

Seņor Chang
05-22-2013, 07:09 AM
I like the way Gree is trying to put life into the game as it was beginning to become stale but the OP is right, too many tasks and mini games that only gold spenders can compete. Everything is happening too quickly and the Mill task is way out of reach for seasoned players as well as new players so whats the point?

Dipstik
05-22-2013, 07:18 AM
...that only gold spenders can compete.

With other gold spenders. You don't have to compete with gold spenders. You're never going to be as strong as them. Accept that fact or find another game because you'll never be happy with this one until you do. And for the record, I was only $10m short of being able to save up for my L2 Mill upgrade within the 24 hours it took me to build it. I barely had to reach into the bank. I'm a free player. Will I be able to finish it? No... it's designed to take longer than 10 days unless you spend gold. Do I care? No... I'm going to enjoy my mediocre new cash building and the three or four gold-level weapons I'll get for participating.

#smug

Tommy Two Toes
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
You don't have to compete with gold spenders. You're never going to be as strong as them. Accept that fact or find another game because you'll never be happy with this one until you do.

+1.

And for the record, I was only $10m short of being able to save up for my L2 Mill upgrade within the 24 hours it took me to build it. I barely had to reach into the bank. I'm a free player.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/smug2.jpeg

murf
05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I like the way Gree is trying to put life into the game as it was beginning to become stale but the OP is right, too many tasks and mini games that only gold spenders can compete. Everything is happening too quickly and the Mill task is way out of reach for seasoned players as well as new players so whats the point?

How are there too many tasks at the same time? If you are participating in the Mill event, you do 1 thing every 24-36 hrs. If you are doing the LTQ, you spend 2 mins, unload all your energy and come back in 8 hours. When the crate event starts, you log in every hour and click a few buttons. None of these are time consuming.

If we had an epic boss event and a pvp event or the last LTQ event at the same time, I would agree.

D3V
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
These events are happening far to fast for my liking. The gap between the strongest and weaker players is widening at an alarming rate. The battle prizes widen it even further.
I believe it is a very short sighted approach and the game will be killed of within 12 months if this keeps up.There is less and less reason for newer players to donate as being competitive is getting tougher and tougher.

You know what's really funny?

I recall people saying this over 12 months ago :)

And I think 12 months from now, another person will be saying this.

Justsimply
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
ya they care nothing for the most part about the small amount of people that hav a problem bec they are out weighed by the big gold buyers. look at the very 1st war, to re gain your health it only cost 15 gold, when they saw how much ppl would spend on gold for the points and items for placing they boosted it to 25 gold.

Not sure what you're smoking but it's always been 25 gold. Don't believe me check the threads complaining about the 25 gold cost for health regen threads from midtown battles...

GucciMane
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Fact of the matter is, they just had better keep it up with the buildings more expensive than nightclub.

It would be extremely disappointing for players who made that sort of income 3-4 months down the line to not have anything to save up for.

Also much of the problems you have with Gold spenders I'm not finding. I am a very light gold spender, when I started getting Rinsed by players who had spent more months on me on the game, and naturally were stronger, I just camped longer. Even if you aren't spending gold, sit back and build your income.