PDA

View Full Version : GREE-Please explain boost stacking

manbeast
05-21-2013, 12:04 AM
In the current LTQ you have given us the opportunity to win some units with very enticing boosts:

25/42 Prize: Covert Jet Fighter (air, 200/124, +2 Energy Regeneration)
35/42 Prize: First Strike Tomcat (air, 347/186, -20% health regen time)

29/53 Prize: Falcon Supersonic (air, 327/197, +2 Energy Regeneration)
31/53 Prize: First Strike Tomcat (air, 347/186, -20% health regen time)
(from Devin's thread)

These are very useful boosts that I would love to have. I completed 25/42 and the Covert Jet Fighter is working fine. Got an extra 2 energy every minute. I have been reading that the Falcon supersonic boost is not working though. With these prizes the user should get a +4 energy boost, but users are only seeing +2 boost.

I already have a first strike tomcat which I won from a collect 10 event. Rumor is that the tomcat boost will not stack. So there is no point in me getting 2 extras.

I would like to know if GREE intends on fixing these boosts. Are they supposed to stack? Are they not suppose to? If you tell me you are fixing it and all the boosts will work, then I'll use some gold to get all of them on all my accounts... If I don't get an answer then I assume they will never work and won't spend gold on them.

United Nation of Foxes
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Don't hold your breathe

DME
05-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Maybe rather than have them completely unstackable they should have them give diminishing returns.

hoho
05-21-2013, 02:27 AM
Does it mean it is not stacked by function ? or by name ?

how about First Strike Tomcat with Deadly Bridge jumper ?

Tito89
05-21-2013, 04:21 AM
i think gree is trying to even the playing field, i have not got both but i agree they should stack, that should be the point of getting more than one.

HGF69
05-21-2013, 04:37 AM
They don't stack but maybe they should!

Mackdaddy
05-21-2013, 05:13 AM
Gree, how about you design a new unit with energy or health regen bonus ?

For the thousands of dollars players spend on this game I guess that might be asking too much.

siL
05-21-2013, 05:17 AM
i think gree is trying to even the playing field, i have not got both but i agree they should stack, that should be the point of getting more than one.

if this is true, then Gree is very stupid!! why bother leveling the playing field, as it completely erase the competitive advantage that has been established up to now!!

I have won the falcon back in 10 crate events, and I got the covert jet fighter, and it doesn't stack...WTF!!
then all my effort in getting the falcon completely vanishes and a new guy who been playing for 1 month could get the same bonus as me?? this is simply ridiculous!!

If the bonus doesn't stack, then Gree is making another false advertising move to trap their customer to spend gold!!

Kara T
05-21-2013, 06:09 AM
If they intended to not allow the boosts to stack, then it would be more equitable to provide a different prize to players who had the previous unit. Ideally a prize with with higher stats, or an add on prize of 500 gold in addition to the unit.....many spent that much or more to win collect 10 events where the boost was initially offered.

I do not know much about programming, but it seems like it would be fairly easy to do. I believe that all our inventory is stored server side, so the code could check that when determining which prize to award. Just like the simple "if then" formula used in Excel.

Just a thought.....

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 06:23 AM
You mean something like...

If(stupidamountofleadsoldiers)FlagHacker = TRUE;

Thedogofwar
05-21-2013, 07:07 AM

.........this

manbeast
05-21-2013, 07:10 AM
.........this

I've had both of those for a while now and they do stack. You don't just add them together though. Instead of giving you 40% faster regen it's like 36%

Kara that is a great idea. Its really disappointing seeing the tomcat so easily available. I had to win it in a collect 10 event which is very difficult to do. Now everyone can have it. I can get another one but it doesn't work. So all the work I put into that collect 10 event is now meaningless. I have some friends with the falcon who feel the same way.

I think Kara's solution is awesome. Everyone still gets a great prize but people who won the unit in the past still get an advantage.

StrongHammer
05-21-2013, 07:34 AM
tomcats better stack, since they are giving 2 on the same event. whats the point on using gold to get to second if there is no advantage?

p.s.
did anyone ever notice that the "random" question is not really random???

rod2310
05-21-2013, 08:32 AM
In my opinion it is good that they stack. Although this may create more distance between new players and old players. Anyway, this is not new in this kind of games...

Thief
05-21-2013, 08:40 AM
ManBeat thanks for bringing this up. I tried to bring it up yesterday but i tried i wasn't so blunt with my Post and it didn't seem to take as well. It is a serious issue and i see the issue repeating itself. Yes we are pissed its a recycled unit from a 10 crate event...imagine how pissed we will be when they start doing it to the Units from WD events?

I don't have an issue with Recycled Units. I understand we are not going to get unique prizes all the time.
I also understand you want to be careful with allowing units to stack to prevent hackers.

However I don't think its too much to ask units not be recycled that can't be stacked OR you Write a Ceiling Code. It can stack but only X amount of times. In the Tomcats situation it would be 3 times.

Generik79
05-21-2013, 08:53 AM
As I wrote on the other thread on this, they don't even need to write any sort of stacking ceiling code. Their property codes already include limits on buildings (1, 2, or 5), and I strongly suspect the code template allows for similar limits on number owned with any units as well. They simply need to push through a limit on number owned for units that are actually of limited availability.

Excellent post. And excellent comments, all. This is a SERIOUS game issue.

hoho
05-21-2013, 08:57 AM
thanks for confirming.

I've had both of those for a while now and they do stack. You don't just add them together though. Instead of giving you 40% faster regen it's like 36%

Sgt Q
05-21-2013, 09:00 AM

(from Devin's thread)

I could understand why Gree would not want the First Strike Tomcats to stack. My question is why the heck they would put two of them in the same event. I finished prestige mode even before Devin did, because I heard there were 4 stat boost units. Had I know that two of them were the same unit and didn't stack, I would not have wasted all that gold.

To top it off, I cannot for the life of me understand why the fudge the Falcon Supersonic and the Covert Jet Fighter are not stacking. They are completely different units. This issue needs to be addressed promptly. CJ? Admin?

I already sent my ticket in regarding this issue. I suggest everyone else flood gree with the same. Maybe that way they'll get their head out of their butts and do something about the issue. They're pis$ing off a lot of big gold spenders.

Crypt
05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
gree cant code their stats properly

I have 75% worth or regen boosts as per below
deadly bridge jumper 20%
first strike tomcat 20%
curragh combat ship 5%
faction boost 30%

on my profile all is see is 23% i mean wtf ?? where does the 3% come from ??

IMO there's no point in going prestige for this LTQ might as well save the G for the next one.

Sgt Q
05-21-2013, 09:14 AM
I would also like a concrete explanation of how these boosts stack.

My faction has a 30% health regeneration boost.

I also have the deadly bridge jumper and now the first strike tomcat, each at 20%.

That should be 70% if they add, but I'm only at 53%.

There is absolutely no formula that should or could be used that would put me at 53%.

The closest thing would be by using a formula similar to the VA disability combined rating calculator (if anyone else is familiar with it and how it works), which would put it at 55% faster health regeneration.

So gree, again, please explain. Most of us are paying customers and we have the right to know.

Thief
05-21-2013, 09:17 AM
gree cant code their stats properly

I have 75% worth or regen boosts as per below
deadly bridge jumper 20%
first strike tomcat 20%
curragh combat ship 5%
faction boost 30%

on my profile all is see is 23% i mean wtf ?? where does the 3% come from ??

IMO there's no point in going prestige for this LTQ might as well save the G for the next one.

This is a seperate Issue:

First i will Address the 23%. This is a display glitch. Some of the units had + health while some displayed - and while they both took away from your health regen time the display reads them as such.

The second is you're not calculating your Health Correctly. You can't get to 0 so you have to Multiply each one by another.
Also you don't have 30% you have 6 X 5% faction boosts

So 1- (.8 * .8 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95)

Or 1-.446 which gives you a 55% health Regeneration.

So if 100% is 25 min than you take off 13.75 off the 25 min to determine your regen time.

Basically it should take you 11 min and 15 seconds for each Regen. (obviously longer if your doing the "13 hit Method" against the boss.

Thief
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
That should be 70% if they add, but I'm only at 53%.

There is absolutely no formula that should or could be used that would put me at 53%.

The closest thing would be by using a formula similar to the VA disability combined rating calculator (if anyone else is familiar with it and how it works), which would put it at 55% faster health regeneration.

So gree, again, please explain. Most of us are paying customers and we have the right to know.

You are Exactly Right its a Combined Rating Calculator. Problem is you are putting in 30% for Faction Bonus when its 6 X 5% which nets you the difference.

Vltor_Ace
05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
I agree 100% on the calculation of the stats. You have you multiply the boosts to get the end result.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have to hikack somewhere. Can someone tell me why I cannot start a thread? I am a junior member, and only have 2 posts prior to this. Is there a minimum before starting a new thread? I would rather not hijack a thread to post my topic. Is it a requirement that I havent met yet, or should I PM CJ?

Sgt Q
05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
You are Exactly Right its a Combined Rating Calculator. Problem is you are putting in 30% for Faction Bonus when its 6 X 5% which nets you the difference.

I guess that makes sense then. It's still crap though.

Philsbase
05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Gree would not know how to code that into the game

Maybe rather than have them completely unstackable they should have them give diminishing returns.

Philsbase
05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
would have been helpful if Gree changed the name of these units so the fake boosts worked. As it is now Gree give the impression you get something but really you get nothing as they don't work.

Crypt
05-21-2013, 09:56 AM
This is a seperate Issue:

First i will Address the 23%. This is a display glitch. Some of the units had + health while some displayed - and while they both took away from your health regen time the display reads them as such.

The second is you're not calculating your Health Correctly. You can't get to 0 so you have to Multiply each one by another.
Also you don't have 30% you have 6 X 5% faction boosts

So 1- (.8 * .8 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95 *.95)

Or 1-.446 which gives you a 55% health Regeneration.

So if 100% is 25 min than you take off 13.75 off the 25 min to determine your regen time.

Basically it should take you 11 min and 15 seconds for each Regen. (obviously longer if your doing the "13 hit Method" against the boss.

ok i saw the Cj45 thread about additive and + bonues etc too but thanks for explanation again all the same. doesn't quite explain why they find it so hard to code these stats to show on the profile page though. just from my 2 20% (both additive) units it should show 40%

they don't help their own cause at all just adds to the confusion

gero
05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
In the same boat with the falcon supersonic won from the 10 crate event. So not only do I not get the additional energy +2, but then my event item is rendered useless (as anyone can get the unit now) and when I achieve the other energy regeneration units I still am at the same energy level I was before the LTQ started while others will have benefitted. Fix this gree and just make the units stackable.

Thief
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I guess that makes sense then. It's still crap though.

I mean its not ideal but i understand the logic behind it.

If i have 20%, 20%, 20%, 30%, 30% health Regen (i believe this is the highest a player can have right now...knowing that none of them stack) Then i would have 120%

So in this instance my time would be infinte as i would have a -20%

steveo127
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
you can tell on May 24....That's when the next boss event starts. I currently need approximately 10 minutes to refill 1/4 health and therefore get in 1 hit on a boss. If the bonus is working then I should notice it only take 8 minutes, as that would be 80% of 10 minutes....Conveniently, there will still be 24 hours left on this LTQ event, when the boss event starts....So, say that you collect the first (your second) First Strike Tomcat on 35/42...Then the boss event starts and you check to see whether or not the health regeneration boost is working...

If it is, then there's no reason to deduce that having a third First Strike Tomcat should cause the bonus to not work. Then, (since there's till 24 hours left in the event, feel free to go spend any gold necessary so that you can snatch that second Tomcat. It shouldn't be hard and you may not need to use any gold refills of energy honestly since the Covert Jet Fighter +2 energy regeneration bonus is quite handy...

If it isn't, then do as you please; perhaps you should start to pre-stage for next LTQ? GREE conveniently made the start date for that only 2 days after the end date for this LTQ, leaving little time for "pre-staging"...

That is my take on it. Do as you please my friend.

In the current LTQ you have given us the opportunity to win some units with very enticing boosts:

(from Devin's thread)

These are very useful boosts that I would love to have. I completed 25/42 and the Covert Jet Fighter is working fine. Got an extra 2 energy every minute. I have been reading that the Falcon supersonic boost is not working though. With these prizes the user should get a +4 energy boost, but users are only seeing +2 boost.

I already have a first strike tomcat which I won from a collect 10 event. Rumor is that the tomcat boost will not stack. So there is no point in me getting 2 extras.

I would like to know if GREE intends on fixing these boosts. Are they supposed to stack? Are they not suppose to? If you tell me you are fixing it and all the boosts will work, then I'll use some gold to get all of them on all my accounts... If I don't get an answer then I assume they will never work and won't spend gold on them.

Thief
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
ok i saw the Cj45 thread about additive and + bonues etc too but thanks for explanation again all the same. doesn't quite explain why they find it so hard to code these stats to show on the profile page though. just from my 2 20% (both additive) units it should show 40%

they don't help their own cause at all just adds to the confusion

Much of what Gree does adds to the confusion which is why its nice to have the Forums to help "fix" things.
Again remember that your 2 20% boosts are not Additive. Multiplying them together is 36% not 40%.

While it does need to be fixed add it to the long list of items that need to be fixed (more importantly ones that actually impact gameplay)

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 10:18 AM

If i have 20%, 20%, 20%, 30%, 30% health Regen (i believe this is the highest a player can have right now...knowing that none of them stack) Then i would have 120%

The way reductions are currently calculated is designed to address that issue by applying the reductions one after another and in this way your total reduction is about 73% and allows you an infinate number of boost units while never getting to 0.

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Nvm I think I missed the whole third page ... Should remember to check carefully before posting next time!

manbeast
05-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks to everyone for sharing your feelings and keepin this thread alive. Hopefully GREE will recognize how big this issue is and address it.

ManBeat thanks for bringing this up. I tried to bring it up yesterday but i tried i wasn't so blunt with my Post and it didn't seem to take as well. It is a serious issue and i see the issue repeating itself. Yes we are pissed its a recycled unit from a 10 crate event...imagine how pissed we will be when they start doing it to the Units from WD events?

I don't have an issue with Recycled Units. I understand we are not going to get unique prizes all the time.
I also understand you want to be careful with allowing units to stack to prevent hackers.

However I don't think its too much to ask units not be recycled that can't be stacked OR you Write a Ceiling Code. It can stack but only X amount of times. In the Tomcats situation it would be 3 times.

Agree with every word you said. It is an ongoing issue and it just keeps getting worse. They started repeating units like 6 months ago and they've never stacked but i just ignored it. Now it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue because I have so many repeats! I'm getting screwed over because only half my bonuses are working.

you can tell on May 24....That's when the next boss event starts. I currently need approximately 10 minutes to refill 1/4 health and therefore get in 1 hit on a boss. If the bonus is working then I should notice it only take 8 minutes, as that would be 80% of 10 minutes....Conveniently, there will still be 24 hours left on this LTQ event, when the boss event starts....So, say that you collect the first (your second) First Strike Tomcat on 35/42...Then the boss event starts and you check to see whether or not the health regeneration boost is working...

If it is, then there's no reason to deduce that having a third First Strike Tomcat should cause the bonus to not work. Then, (since there's till 24 hours left in the event, feel free to go spend any gold necessary so that you can snatch that second Tomcat. It shouldn't be hard and you may not need to use any gold refills of energy honestly since the Covert Jet Fighter +2 energy regeneration bonus is quite handy...

If it isn't, then do as you please; perhaps you should start to pre-stage for next LTQ? GREE conveniently made the start date for that only 2 days after the end date for this LTQ, leaving little time for "pre-staging"...

That is my take on it. Do as you please my friend.

I'm asking GREE for an answer now. I don't want to waste gold on the units if they are not suppose to stack. I already know the tomcats wont work without a fix. However if I get a reply saying "yes all the units should stack and you will get a boost from each unit we are working on a fix" then I will spend the gold to get the units and hope GREE keeps their word. Just give me and answer before the event is over

TW Turtle55555
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
No one has mentioned this and it may be because it is a different unit but I got the NextGen Curiser (+1 Energey Regen) in a 10box event. I also recently got the Covert Jet Fighter (+2 Energy Regen).
At least these 2 are getting along as my energy regens at 6 units per min.

honest Abe
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Gree, please answer this. Putting aside the fact that some of us got the first one last year (I am one) which is a valid question in and of itself, Why give TWO of the SAME unit in an LTQ if they don't stack??? Was someone drunk and inserted the wrong unit? If so, please substitute something equivalent or have them stack. Thank you.

Fudge Packer
05-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Have to say I'm pretty narked by this, in the original box event I spent a substantial amount of gold to get a unit that is now very weak, and can be got by everyone. I should of gained an extra 4 energy per recharge from this event and it has not increased at all. Not surprised Gree are not responding, they can't be bothered to provide any customer service at any other time why should they start now?

Thief
05-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Nvm I think I missed the whole third page ... Should remember to check carefully before posting next time!

No Worries Drama Llama i can understand how my post would be confusing if you hadn't been following the whole thread. Im just here trying to help where i can with logic and question logic that is illogical.

Agree with every word you said. It is an ongoing issue and it just keeps getting worse. They started repeating units like 6 months ago and they've never stacked but i just ignored it. Now it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue because I have so many repeats! I'm getting screwed over because only half my bonuses are working.

Yea i don't remember the first Unit that had this problem but there are close to a dozen units (could be alot more that have this problem) In the end its simply not fair. This isnt a free game and we have come to accept that. If gree is trying to equalize the game that is fine but you can't punish those that have spent lots of money in the past by making their units useless. (and probably shouldn't punish those in the present by offering the same bonus in the same event that doesnt stack)

Ohh and its good to see you back on the forums. It's nice to see the old forum Veterans posting on the forums. Brings me back to the old days before i was even a member on the forums and would just check them for information. We only had a couple trolls back then but so much good information and Chats. I feel like we might come out of the dark ages in the forum shortly with posts from Devin and other constructive posts.

Joe Op
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey there! Its all right what you are talking about and GREE is messing with us one more time!! Makes me really mad!

It's not only about non working 'health-regen'-boost and non working other bonuses, it's also about the way they calc it.
So GREE (CJ54's post) is saying the add the next bonus to the one before - thats what we know. Then what is about about the + boosts (boost for defense buildings? / boost for incomebuildings? / boost for attack or defense?)

GREE:
Please take a statement to following spreadsheets:
Accoring these calcs the boost for all 6 faction-health boosts should be -26.5% and not only -14% and e.g. The income boost should be +34% and not only +30%.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Joe_op/forum%20stuff/606A3160-9E41-4D43-B57A-7B58C5CDF392-2505-000002925F055BE2_zpsee2af6f9.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Joe_op/forum%20stuff/90AD7477-24AB-4224-BABE-3C8987ED52D2-2505-000002926AFC76EC_zps52242dbf.jpg

I strongly believe ALL YOUR BOOSTS ARNT CALCULATED CORRECTLY!

Sgt Q
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Like i said earlier. I can understand gree making 2+ of the same unit not stack. But i conpleted prestige mode, got two DIFFERENT +2 energy units, and am only at 5 energy regen. Why?????????? I should be at 7.

Sgt Q
05-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Would be nice if the + boosts calculated that way. But they wont. Theyll just have them calculate using the same formula as the - boosts but in the other direction. I agree, by grees explanation your math is correct. But thats not how theyre doing it.

Hey there! Its all right what you are talking about and GREE is messing with us one more time!! Makes me really mad!

It's not only about non working 'health-regen'-boost and non working other bonuses, it's also about the way they calc it.
So GREE (CJ54's post) is saying the add the next bonus to the one before - thats what we know. Then what is about about the + boosts (boost for defense buildings? / boost for incomebuildings? / boost for attack or defense?)

GREE:
Please take a statement to following spreadsheets:
Accoring these calcs the boost for all 6 faction-health boosts should be -26.5% and not only -14% and e.g. The income boost should be +34% and not only +30%.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Joe_op/forum%20stuff/606A3160-9E41-4D43-B57A-7B58C5CDF392-2505-000002925F055BE2_zpsee2af6f9.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/Joe_op/forum%20stuff/90AD7477-24AB-4224-BABE-3C8987ED52D2-2505-000002926AFC76EC_zps52242dbf.jpg

I strongly believe ALL YOUR BOOSTS ARNT CALCULATED CORRECTLY!

OwainCymro
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM

If this is true then why do GREE make more that give the same bonus if it won't change anything for us if we have the original? I can understand the idea of helping newer players who may have missed the last bonus, but if someone gets the +2 energy bonus in normal mode why would they even consider getting the second unit that gives the same bonus in prestige , if it won't even change anything?

Besides my rant, I wish I had your bonuses Thief, I may admit I'm a tad bit jealous! :D

Highland Cam
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Would be nice if the + boosts calculated that way. But they wont. Theyll just have them calculate using the same formula as the - boosts but in the other direction. I agree, by grees explanation your math is correct. But thats not how theyre doing it.

Actually I think the faction health bonus is displayed properly on the Faction Information screen. I agree the personal profile display is wrong but that is an known issue which doesn't impact the actual calculation.

On the IPH boost - this is an addictive boost and not multiplicative so should only be 30%.

jsh_five
05-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know health regen with no bonus?

Highland Cam
05-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know health regen with no bonus?

If memory serves the standard regen time is 100 mins (ie 1 health per minute). So 1 hit (either during WD or on an epic boss) will require 25 mins of regen time

mjshearn7
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, since we are bringing this up. What about the warlord siege tank from the previous LTQ, with the 3% alliance attack. I won this item on the very first boss event and now I have two, but they don't stack either. So, we don't receive the bonus on both of them.

CJ54
05-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Okay guys, a couple of things after speaking with the designers/devs. Firstly, I would like to say that we're currently swinging into an attempt to get all of the boost effects cleaned up so they're all showing up properly. That's a larger topic than the original post, but it has come up a bunch in the thread. That said, in regards to this case:

1: These old units which include the boosts should not have been included in this LTQ (same for the last LTQ where an old Collect 10 item was used), that was a mistake due to an internal miscommunication.

2: For units that give a boost effect, that boost does not stack with itself. We can't make them stack with themselves. The raw attack/defense stats obviously still apply properly.

3: Units that have a boost effect and are part of the same item group (are different level/strength tiers of the same item, like the Covert Jet Fighter and the Falcon Supersonic) will not stack with each other. We can't make that happen either. Again, the raw attack/defense still adds to your attack/defense.

We're currently looking into what we CAN do for this case, and we have also put checks in place to prevent this from happening again.

procsyzarc
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Okay guys, a couple of things after speaking with the designers/devs. Firstly, I would like to say that we're currently swinging into an attempt to get all of the boost effects cleaned up so they're all showing up properly. That's a larger topic than the original post, but it has come up a bunch in the thread. That said, in regards to this case:

1: These old units which include the boosts should not have been included in this LTQ (same for the last LTQ where an old Collect 10 item was used), that was a mistake due to an internal miscommunication.

2: For units that give a boost effect, that boost does not stack with itself. We can't make them stack with themselves. The raw attack/defense stats obviously still apply properly.

3: Units that have a boost effect and are part of the same item group (are different level/strength tiers of the same item, like the Covert Jet Fighter and the Falcon Supersonic) will not stack with each other. We can't make that happen either. Again, the raw attack/defense still adds to your attack/defense.

We're currently looking into what we CAN do for this case, and we have also put checks in place to prevent this from happening again.

So is the intention that the units will eventually stack?

Also since Monster Quest is the neglected red hair stepchild of Gree games might as well ask it here. When it the latest patch going to be fixed for over 30 hours iPad 3 and 4 users haven't been able to log I. Meaning we lost the LTQ daily chain, Gree's communication is **** at the best of times but at least modern war does generally get an answer but there has been nothing on this issue. Is this the first step to shutting it down so you won't bother fixing?

DME
05-22-2013, 01:47 AM

Can't and Shan't are two different things.

Led
05-22-2013, 02:05 AM
^^^^

Come on cj.. You guys can do anything, its not rocket science to code a program.

CJ54
05-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Can't and Shan't are two different things.

We can't without royally screwing up how the boosts work or what that does to the balance of the game, due to the way the boosts are coded. So no, the boosts on these items are not going to be made to stack. As I mentioned, we're seeing what we can do to make up for that though.

^^^^

Come on cj.. You guys can do anything, its not rocket science to code a program.

Rockets rely pretty heavily on computer programs. I get what you are saying, but there are practical limits to what we can do sometimes. It stinks when we run into one of those, but this is one of those times.

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 02:12 AM
We can't without royally screwing up how the boosts work or what that does to the balance of the game, due to the way the boosts are coded. So no, the boosts on these items are not going to be made to stack. As I mentioned, we're seeing what we can do to make up for that though.

Whoever coded the original boosts should be flogged by the other GREE developers and support staff for making their lives so difficult. ;)

FromAfar
05-22-2013, 02:13 AM
It seems as if, when they calculate, they say if the unit exists adjust by bonus factor.

They ignore the quantity of units.

Base recharge + ( have unit * unit bonus) is wrong
Base recharge + (have unit * unit bonus * unit quantity) would be correct

3 + (1 * 2 * 2) = 7 stamina per time period, not 5.

Maggan
05-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the awnser, but what does it mean? Does it mean that you might hand out boosts in some way later on, in that case let us know. Because of the fairly weak units it's no meaning finish of without getting the boosts.

So, could you pls tell us if the players finishing lvl31 prestige mode will get something out of it except a couple of 100 bump in stats?

All the best

/Maggan

Rockets rely pretty heavily on computer programs. I get what you are saying, but there are practical limits to what we can do sometimes. It stinks when we run into one of those, but this is one of those times.

Led
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM

Wouldn't you agree things like this should be tested/disclaimed before hand? Luckily we are not dealing with actual rockets or else we probably wouldn't be here's lol.. Is gree planning a gold refund if these cannot or do not stack?

FromAfar
05-22-2013, 02:17 AM
And CJ, if you can't make it work generically with code, make it work operationally.

Assign the tier one and two units with different "unit id's" each with their own bonus value, both being +2 or -20% depending on which unit you're duplicating. It is pretty straightforward and no programming required.

Led
05-22-2013, 02:20 AM
I fear we won't hear from cj or gree about this for awhile :(

FromAfar
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Dutchie, they have all messed up so much, they would only use feather dusters for flogging so that when their turn came, it would be something they would enjoy.

Whoever coded the original boosts should be flogged by the other GREE developers and support staff for making their lives so difficult. ;)

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Dutchie, they have all messed up so much, they would only use feather dusters for flogging so that when their turn came, it would be something they would enjoy.

The issue is that when they originally coded the game, they didn't forsee factions and so the original design didn't scope for things such as factions boosts and units with boosts. They added all these features much later which creates many problems of their own which are plainly evident to see.

Instead of re-writing the code which is probably is not cost effective for them, they are 'adhoc' programming which sometimes causes more issues than they solve and hence the 'mess' which I call spaghetti code.

The issue is with the original design spec which was not flexible enough for future game features and certainly did not feature any security aspects for this game, hence the proliferation of players who violate the ToS in GREE games.

I just hope GREE are learning from their mistakes and implement better ways of coding their future games that prevent these issues from arising again.

If I am going to point fingers, GREE's ****** who was the lead designer for MW, CC and KA and is now the lead designer for War of Nations really needs to pull his socks up because ultimately these design decision are made by him!

EDIT: No names huh CJ... LOL. At least you didn't delete the post :)

CJ54
05-22-2013, 02:52 AM
The issue is that when they originally coded the game, they didn't forsee factions and so the original design didn't scope for things such as factions boosts and units with boosts. They added all these features much later which creates many problems of their own which are plainly evident to see.

Instead of re-writing the code which is probably is not cost effective for them, they are 'adhoc' programming which sometimes causes more issues than they solve and hence the 'mess' which I call spaghetti code.

The issue is with the original design spec which was not flexible enough for future game features and certainly did not feature any security aspects for this game, hence the proliferation of players who violate the ToS in GREE games.

I just hope GREE are learning from their mistakes and implement better ways of coding their future games that prevent these issues from arising again.

If I am going to point fingers, GREE's ****** who was the lead designer for MW, CC and KA and is now the lead designer for War of Nations really needs to pull his socks up because ultimately these design decision are made by him!

We've actually been involved in an ongoing code rewrite for a few months now, current focus is on security and boosts.

I edited your comments because I didn't want anyone harassing the named employee. He (along with a number of other key people) did the macro-mechanics designs of the base game, which were arguably pretty cool or else we wouldn't all be having this conversation right now. He wasn't responsible for every minute coding decision, and the people that were usually had good cause for the choices they made at the time based on the resources (employee bandwidth, or actual server bandwidth).

EDIT: That said, none of us over here are going to argue some of the points made. No, we didn't foresee factions or guilds in the original designs (or units that gave boost effects, for that matter), and there have been problems because of that. And those problems have been frustrating both for us, and for our users. But I'd argue that at least in the case of factions, the upside has been worth the various issues that have cropped up.

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
We've actually been involved in an ongoing code rewrite for a few months now, current focus is on security and boosts.

I edited your comments because I didn't want anyone harassing the named employee. He did the macro and mechanics designs of the base game, which were arguably pretty cool or else we wouldn't all be having this conversation right now. He wasn't responsible for every minute coding decision, and the people that were usually had good cause for the choices they made at the time based on the resources (employee bandwidth, or actual server bandwidth).

I fully understand the edit and good to hear you are in the process of rewriting some of the code and addressing these issues. I now understand why it is taking some time to release fixes to these issues.

As a short-term fix for the 'Attack Again' issue during the WD Events caused by players pressing the button too fast combined with poor latency, could you not disable the 'Attack Button' for a second or two before enabling it to prevent this issue from happening so that players get 4 shots instead of the 3 they sometimes get after purchasing a med pack. My assumption is that this issue is worse when playing the game on a network that has poor latency.

Drama Llama
05-22-2013, 03:07 AM
As a short-term fix for the 'Attack Again' issue during the WD Events caused by players pressing the button too fast and latency, could you not disable the 'Attack Button' for a second or two before enabling it to prevent this issue from happening so that players get 4 shots instead of the 3 they sometimes get after purchasing a med pack. My assumption is that this issue is worse when playing the game on a network that has poor latency.

This solution is something i had thought about myself to deal with accidental vault upgrade finish now's resulting in fewer support tickets from myself (that or a funky slide to unlock safety catch on the buttons as found in critical situations like firing live ammunition).

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 03:17 AM
This solution is something i had thought about myself to deal with accidental vault upgrade finish now's resulting in fewer support tickets from myself (that or a funky slide to unlock safety catch on the buttons as found in critical situations like firing live ammunition).

All they need to do is add a confirmation pop-up for upgrades using gold. Many have asked for this since I started playing MW 7 months ago and it would reduce the number of support tickets but yet GREE have failed to act on this issue which is not hard to fix. It is the little things that can make a BIG difference to the user experience and ultimately help with customer retention.

DME
05-22-2013, 03:33 AM
The solution to this whole bonus stacking is to just set a maximum total bonus, as that is clearly the reasoning behind having certain bonuses not stack, which is understandable. That way it would be easy (and necessary) to be completely transparent about it

lastmast2
05-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the awnser, but what does it mean? Does it mean that you might hand out boosts in some way later on, in that case let us know. Because of the fairly weak units it's no meaning finish of without getting the boosts.

So, could you pls tell us if the players finishing lvl31 prestige mode will get something out of it except a couple of 100 bump in stats?

All the best

/Maggan

This is what matters for a lot of players right now. CJ54 please reply.

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 03:38 AM
The solution to this whole bonus stacking is to just set a maximum total bonus, as that is clearly the reasoning behind having certain bonuses not stack, which is understandable. That way it would be easy (and necessary) to be completely transparent about it

Persons who violate the ToS will target these units hence the maximum total bonus will always be 1. Instead they release new units with these boosts, each with their own unique identifier. I support this and they obviously made a mistake in allowing the same units in the LTQ through a mis-communication as per CJ's post here -

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 03:39 AM
If none boosted health Regen is 25 mins
then y does my profile regen in 22 mins with 30% faster regen? From faction we have 6/6 at 5% each
And boost do stack if the units are different cuz I have the next gen cruiser +1 energy and +2 energy covert jet fighter and they stack fine.
so y are these units not stacking? Just a question.
And when I get the Falcon Supersonic. +2 energy I should be at +5. Right?

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 03:56 AM
If none boosted heFalcon Supersoniclth Regen is 25 mins
then y does my profile regen in 22 mins with 30% faster regen? From faction we have 6/6 at 5% each
And boost do stack if the units are different cuz I have the next gen cruiser +1 energy and +2 energy covert jet fighter and they stack fine.

CJ has already iterated on several occasions now that there are issues with boosts and they are in the process of re-writing the code for this. Please re-read the above posts including all of CJ responses before asking the same bloody questions ad nauseam.

Q. then y does my profile regen in 22 mins with 30% faster regen? From faction we have 6/6 at 5% each
A. Yes, the issue has been identified as a display bug and they are working to fix this

Q. And boost do stack if the units are different cuz I have the next gen cruiser +1 energy and +2 energy covert jet fighter and they stack fine.
A. Yes they do stack if the unit has a different unique identifier. If the unit has the same identifier it does not stack.

Q. so y are these units not stacking? Just a question.
A. Please see above answer

Q. And when I get the Falcon Supersonic. +2 energy I should be at +5. Right?
A. Correct. Please close down the app and restart it. If that still does not work, uninstall MW and then re-install it. Your profile and data is all on the server, so you will not lose anything. Some people have experienced this issue but re-starting or re-installing the game fixes this issue.

No, I do not work for GREE, I am just trying to be helpful.

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Ok thanks for that was just checking cuz I'm going to get that next plus unit and wanted to know if it was going to work lol or I wont even going to try for it.

Bravo Zulu
05-22-2013, 04:23 AM
A. Correct. Please close down the app and restart it. If that still does not work, uninstall MW and then re-install it. Your profile and data is all on the server, so you will not lose anything. Some people have experienced this issue but re-starting or re-installing the game fixes this issue.

No, I do not work for GREE, I am just trying to be helpful.[/QUOTE]

This answer is not correct. From the first post in this thread by CJ:

So, if you have the next gen cruiser +1 and get the Covert Jet Fighter + 2 when you get the Falcon Supersonic in prestige mode +2 it will be listed under bonuses but will not stack. So over the original +3 energy you will have +3 for a total of +6

Dutchie
05-22-2013, 04:28 AM

No, I do not work for GREE, I am just trying to be helpful.

This answer is not correct. From the first post in this thread by CJ:

So, if you have the next gen cruiser +1 and get the Covert Jet Fighter + 2 when you get the Falcon Supersonic in prestige mode +2 it will be listed under bonuses but will not stack. So over the original +3 energy you will have +3 for a total of +6

If you look at the original question he doesn't seem to have any other units that have energy boosts, as he states "I should be at +5" (standard energy and unit +2 boost) and I assumed that the Falcon Supersonic was the unit in normal mode. As you have pointed it out, it is the unit in Prestige mode, so in that sense, you are correct and it doesn't stack. Maybe the OP meant the Covert Jet Fighter in his original post.

GREE are looking to change this to ensure players do get the bonus for attaining the bonus unit in prestige mode.... don't know how, but they are looking into it.

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Ill just get them anyway then gree will owe me a boost when they fix it lol

Snapster
05-22-2013, 05:07 AM
You have to post 10 "reply" before you can post a new thread!

I agree 100% on the calculation of the stats. You have you multiply the boosts to get the end result.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have to hikack somewhere. Can someone tell me why I cannot start a thread? I am a junior member, and only have 2 posts prior to this. Is there a minimum before starting a new thread? I would rather not hijack a thread to post my topic. Is it a requirement that I havent met yet, or should I PM CJ?

Snapster
05-22-2013, 05:33 AM
CJ54 This is not acceptable!! I bought hugh amount og gold to get those units earlier in the box event! This time I have used gold to get those prizes because I know they are cruisal for the forth coming game!! Its as simple as this just make a new unit and replace both of the tomcats and the falcon supersonic and of course the covert fighter, same stats and same BONUS!!

After all the money I put into this game this is the least I expect Gree will do! If you're not gonna stack the prices I will quit play MW for sure!!

Golf4life
05-22-2013, 06:37 AM
another person who expects life to be handed to them
CJ54 This is not acceptable!! I bought hugh amount og gold to get those units earlier in the box event! This time I have used gold to get those prizes because I know they are cruisal for the forth coming game!! Its as simple as this just make a new unit and replace both of the tomcats and the falcon supersonic and of course the covert fighter, same stats and same BONUS!!

After all the money I put into this game this is the least I expect Gree will do! If you're not gonna stack the prices I will quit play MW for sure!!

nobody forced you to buy those units at all. as a matter of fact, between the amount of time it took for people to post about the units not stacking and how long it would have taken to get both of them with gold, you surely would have seen in the forum that they weren't working.

this is no one's fault but your own.

just because you followed one (amazing albeit) person's walkthrough, does not mean anyone owes you a darn thing.

there is a reason why main game developers don't release walthroughs, because it is a game and it is up to you to finish by yourself.

stop whining and be patient.

rmdd
05-22-2013, 07:05 AM

I understand, personally, i used a big bag of gold early to catch the 2 energy regen bonuses.
With these bonuses, i would be able to complete the full event before the end and receive very good units. Due to this problem, no bonuses, no big units ... but the gold is away. Lately activated the stack won't solve my problem.

2 solutions
--> i receive all the expected units
or
--> you refund my last gold pack

I like this game and I use lot of gold
But it's clear that i won't buy gold anymore if not one of these solution is not applied.

Thanks in advance to Gree to manage this issue.
As a developer, i know it can be very hard to manage

Snapster
05-22-2013, 07:20 AM
I have done all the missions so far just like I do this time. As I said they are crusicial for the forthcoming game!
Who talked about any walkthrough? Dont you see the prizes you get? If I see I get 2 tom cat or anyone of them I expect them to be stacable! If not thats very important to know for us that have been playing this game almost since it was released first time. So you mean there will be a sollution for this? As I read it they sat its impossible: We can't without royally screwing up how the boosts work or what that does to the balance of the game. Maybe you can explain for me as I seem to have a lack of english since English isnt my mother tounge? Thank you!

another person who expects life to be handed to them

nobody forced you to buy those units at all. as a matter of fact, between the amount of time it took for people to post about the units not stacking and how long it would have taken to get both of them with gold, you surely would have seen in the forum that they weren't working.

this is no one's fault but your own.

just because you followed one (amazing albeit) person's walkthrough, does not mean anyone owes you a darn thing.

there is a reason why main game developers don't release walthroughs, because it is a game and it is up to you to finish by yourself.

stop whining and be patient.

Ranger4Life
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM

This is simply not true! It works for other units that were different level tiers of the same boost, but it's only not working for the falcon supersonic.

Agent Orange
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM

I guess the phrase "it sucks to be you" is appropriate here. Thanks for looking into the problem but from a customer standpoint I have to admit these broken features in the game are really starting to get annoying.

It really is a shame, these LTQs have made things a lot more interesting for many of us and these boosted units are a rather nice bonus.

Thanks for trying, too bad we can't vent our frustrations on those really responsible for these problems....

Miner
05-22-2013, 08:10 AM

This makes sense and I agree if you have 2 units with a boost, they shouldn't stack (helps also preventing hackers from adding 2000 units with a massive stat boost and getting billions of attack/defense points)

This one doesn't make sense and I would disagree that you "can't make that happen either". The example of you "making this happen" would be with the deadly bridge jumper and the other variants within the same item group. Rather quickly, your dev team was able to fix it so that you did in fact receive an additional -20% health regen boost if you had the deadly bridge jumper and another variant within that item group (like the Assault Bridge Jumper).

If the first case you cite, boosts should NOT stack. In this second case, boosts SHOULD stack.

Lumer
05-22-2013, 08:11 AM
How about being able to sell unneeded units for gold?

ppownage
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
How about being able to sell unneeded units for gold?
would be nice but isnt gonna happen ;)

Miner
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I've PM'd CJ with my comments a few posts up (what exactly do those two posts above have to do with this by the way) and will let you guys know if and when I receive a response. The two energy boosts SHOULD stack and there's proof within the game already that this isn't true that they "can't make that happen".

Again, I completely agree that they "can't make that happen" in regards to boosts stack when the player has multiple of the EXACT SAME unit that carries a boost.

Bravo Zulu
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
If you look at the original question he doesn't seem to have any other units that have energy boosts, as he states "I should be at +5" (standard energy and unit +2 boost) and I assumed that the Falcon Supersonic was the unit in normal mode. As you have pointed it out, it is the unit in Prestige mode, so in that sense, you are correct and it doesn't stack. Maybe the OP meant the Covert Jet Fighter in his original post.

GREE are looking to change this to ensure players do get the bonus for attaining the bonus unit in prestige mode.... don't know how, but they are looking into it.

If none boosted health Regen is 25 mins

He does say it, but I likely focused in because I am in the exact same position. I didn't mean any thing by it when I posted a correction to your answer to him. To me, we are all trying to help each other understand and pass along info. I just wanted to make sure he knew it. When I got there is prestige mode and figured out I didn't get another + 2 for the Falcon I came right to the forum. I found myself wishing I had read this thread 30 minutes sooner, as I was very disappointed to find out they didn't stack.

I just wanted the others to know without going back through the whole post so they could make a decision whether they even wanted to continue with the event given the no second +2 and no second health.

You always give helpful info when asked, and I appreciate that. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or offend you.

Lumer
05-22-2013, 08:33 AM
If the units don't stack, we should be able to sell them off as desired.

Is all I'm saying.

jsh_five
05-22-2013, 08:37 AM
We all have the goal here we are trying to help gree fix our beloved game. So that one day we won't have to. :D

Miner
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
If the units don't stack, we should be able to sell them off as desired.

Is all I'm saying.

Haha. I know what you're saying and yes, it does fit in the discussion (kind of).

Ganja
05-22-2013, 08:55 AM
This one doesn't make sense and I would disagree that you "can't make that happen either". The example of you "making this happen" would be with the deadly bridge jumper and the other variants within the same item group. Rather quickly, your dev team was able to fix it so that you did in fact receive an additional -20% health regen boost if you had the deadly bridge jumper and another variant within that item group (like the Assault Bridge Jumper).

If the first case you cite, boosts should NOT stack. In this second case, boosts SHOULD stack.

This is simply not true! It works for other units that were different level tiers of the same boost, but it's only not working for the falcon supersonic.

In addition to what Miner and Ranger had already said, if the units of the same group but under different level tiers I guess there will be no point of trying to get future top ten unit that falls on the same group if CJ's explanation is correct... which does not make sense.

Scot
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
What's the point of adding these units to prestige if they don't work... Obviously you'll already have gotten the ones from normal mode. Freaking Gree just dangling broken shiz in front of people making them spend money to get them then tell the people they don't work. Wtf is going on at Gree inc? They going out of business and wanting to wring as much cash from people as possible beforehand since they know its over soon for them anyway? I'm freakin pissed as I'm sure 99.9% of the other players here are as well.
I had the warlord siege tank from the warlord shamba epic boss event. It was the first one ever done and it gave 3% alliance attack. Then the last LTQ had the exact unit so I got it thinking I'd get another attack bonus and when I didn't I submitted a ticket. I get the response that it is assuredly working and it's just a display glitch. Another f'ing lie from Gree. This is bs, why do we spend money on this game? All we do is employ the people that continuously lie to us and don't provide what they say they are providing.

BigD@wg
05-22-2013, 09:31 AM
I just love the response of there is nothing we can do about it. We are sorry you decided to spend your money on our product. Yes we know it doesn't work as advertised but we aren't going to do anything to correct it.

Yes, we have addressed it so that it doesn't happen again but once again sorry for your loss.

Let's see. I once heard about this concept of customer service & satisfaction. Yup, I'm pretty sure I have heard about such a concept. Corporations or businesses offer a product or services and stand behind those products to ensure that the PAYING customer is happy with the product or service. It also goes a step further that when a person is dissatisfied with that product or service that they are refunded the money used to purchase said item or service. Guess these concepts are lost on some companies or only apply in the real world. Or maybe all these other companies have it wrong. When you provide a defective product, all you have to do is say your sorry! LOL

Rowdydowdy
05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Pretty much the answer is you get the attack and defense points from the item and if you have one or one like it that's too bad.

Snapster
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Im not interested in the stats im interested in the bonus! I can buy a unit with gold that have the same stats. Right? I cant buy the bonus!

2nd dan
05-22-2013, 10:51 AM
So basically if we have two units that have boosts they don't work but the covert fighter jet I only have one so I should be getting +8energy I'm only getting plus 6

I have the normal +3 the next gen cruiser +1 the unit from normal mode +2 making +6 then then the unit from prestige +2 making plus 8 but the prestige one doesn't work nd I haven't had either of the units before so stacking doesnt apply to me but its still not working ??

Miner
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
So basically if we have two units that have boosts they don't work but the covert fighter jet I only have one so I should be getting +8energy I'm only getting plus 6

I have the normal +3 the next gen cruiser +1 the unit from normal mode +2 making +6 then then the unit from prestige +2 making plus 8 but the prestige one doesn't work nd I haven't had either of the units before so stacking doesnt apply to me but its still not working ??

Stacking DOES apply to you because the first unit in the LTQ (covert jet fighter) and the 2nd unit in the LTQ (Falcon supersonic) are supposedly within the same "item group" as they call it. They're variants of the same event unit. That's why you're only getting +6 energy. You got the boost from the first one you received, but the 2nd unit in that "group" isn't stacking.

NoisyDvL5
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
So if I already have the Covert Jet Fighter, there's no point in going after the Falcon Supersonic other than raw stats?

Or should I still try to get it because this glitch could some day be fixed?

Miner
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Personally, I would still get it.

Here's why: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55500-The-case-for-stacking-and-not-stacking-boosts

I fully expect this to be corrected.

2nd dan
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
I will be very disappointed especially as iv spent gold to get something that is advertised that I can't have either give a refund and take the bonus off the unit or honor the (supposed mistake and repair the bonus) remember a business that's is always right doesn't so anything compared to one that's wrong a fixes there mistakes accordingly and owns up to them...

lastmast2
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
So if I already have the Covert Jet Fighter, there's no point in going after the Falcon Supersonic other than raw stats?

Or should I still try to get it because this glitch could some day be fixed?
Will it be fixed or do the ones who have both get anything else?
NEED TO KNOW BEFORE IT ENDS!!!! CJ54 REPLY PLEASE

Armand2REP
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM
GREE has to level the playing field or the old timers will stomp the n00bs and no new money for GREED.

DME
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Ok, since so many don't seem to be getting it I'll be very blunt.

They didn't advertise the drops from the event, so essentially you paid blind, regardless of whether or not you were following Devin's walkthrough. They also never stated that all bonuses would stack (they didn't state that they wouldn't stack either, so either way you would have been making an assumption).

They will not be making the bonuses stack, as they don't want bonuses getting too high (so they're capping it in a round about way rather than just hard coding a cap). They are thinking of what to do instead, but there will likely be some kind of substitution/compensation.
They didn't intend to put certain items in the LTQ, but due to poor communication or somebody screwing up, they did.

Sirius
05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey Guys,

Please keep the comments on topic and constructive. Unnecessary insults etc are not needed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

Thanks!

jjm521
05-22-2013, 03:16 PM

All the best

/Maggan

Not to mention several of the units arent even indestructible so its even worse when you look at that. Im sorry i used any gold on this one. That 2nd +2 energy seemed to make it worthwhile but now, not so much. Oh well, live and learn

Sgt Q
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
No, this is not againt posting policies since cj has not yet responded and i am not posting anything he has said in a private conversation. Ill put that out before it gets deleted.

In regards to the units in the current ltq, may i propose that GREE just refund the amount of gold that those of us who finished the prestige mode used in order to complete prestige?

My reasoning behind this is that many of us talk outside of the forums, and finished even before devin did. Upon seeing the units that they were getting, many of us were informed by other players of the boosts that these units were supposed to have. However, it was not immediately identified that these units boosts did not stack, and we continued through the ltq, finishing it even before devin did. Additionally, since the splash screens do not show unit boosts, we could not identify exactly which levels these units were obtained. We therefore went through the entire ltq, both regular mode and prestige mode. Many of us, myself included, even spent lots of gold upgrading the unit buildings to finish the ltq, buildings that we would nit have worried about upgrading yet were they not neccessary for the ltq. I peronsally spent approximately 3500-4000 gold during the ltq.

Additionally, we have become accustomed to receiving only indestructible units from these ltqs. However, the majority of the units in prestige mode are in deed destructible. This also is not identified on the splash screen. Had i known that these units were destructible, i would not have even gone into prestige mode, regardless of the boosts. Nor would i have spent the gold i did to complete normal mode, as i could have completed it for free.

We, as HIGHLY paying customers, deserve a concrete answer as to what GREE plans on doing about these issues and we deserve to know it now.

I strongly believe that the best solution to this problem would be to 1. Leave the units as they are and ensure that similar issues dont occur in the future. And 2. Refund all of the gold that we spent during the course of this ltq on energy regenerations and building upgrades.

Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sgt Quez

What does everyone think?

jchow69
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
The units gotta stack, I just got the Covert Jet Fighter and working fine. I guess the reason it doesn't stack because people would getting tremendous points in the WD with high health regen bonuses. I guess that they have a point, but in my opinion, they should still stack.

jchow69
05-22-2013, 04:05 PM
PS: I am going for the First Strike Tomcat, too and on the 26/42 in normal mode.

jchow69
05-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I have not yet used any gold by the way, and don't plan on using any.

Muse_boa
05-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey Gree...no insult intended but unnecessary banning is not needed. A difference of opinion is
not a reason for a ban. A public service announcement regarding excessive/addictive spending is
not a reason for a ban. A heads up on extortion, money laundering and ransom is not a reason for
a ban. Exercising my first amendment rights as an American is not a reason for a ban. Oops,
you are located in San Francisco...my mistake.

Well Eddy, don't mean to stalk you, just got obsessed with this silly forum and my interest in history, let's save it for the archives

jchow69
05-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Well Eddy, don't mean to stalk you, just got obsessed with this silly forum and my interest in history, let's save it for the archives

I see what ya did there.

GQNammmer
05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm flabbergasted by GREE stating that there was a mistake that transpired prior to the launch of this event that resulted in incorrect units being distributed. Gree, you are a publicly traded company. I would assume that you would have a higher set of standards put into place when offering products (intangible products I might add) to your customers. The most basic quality control measures would have mitigated this issue.

The event has two units that have distinctively different names to one another and specifically states that these units give +2 to energy regeneration. As a consumer, if I see these attributes tied to the two products, I expect both products to work as advertised by the producer/manufacturer.

Crash672
05-22-2013, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=CJ54;773198]Okay guys, a couple of things after speaking with the designers/devs. Firstly, I would like to say that we're currently swinging into an attempt to get all of the boost effects cleaned up so they're all showing up properly. That's a larger topic than the original post, but it has come up a bunch in the thread. That said, in regards to this case:

We're currently looking into what we CAN do for this case, and we have also put checks in place to prevent this from happening again.[/QUOTE

Look, it just does not make any sense that software engineers would not have thought through the mathematics of how bonuses would stack. We have some that do. The cow is out of the barn now and we players ALL expect that we can win items to improve all of our stats. So, we have multiple units that do not stack so figure out how to make them stack, let us know how it works from that point on and let's all move on.

jjm521
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
The units gotta stack, I just got the Covert Jet Fighter and working fine. I guess the reason it doesn't stack because people would getting tremendous points in the WD with high health regen bonuses. I guess that they have a point, but in my opinion, they should still stack.

If this is truly the case, then what about all the TONS of bonuses the members of top 3 factions have gotten over time. Do their bonuses not stack? If they do, then why do we get the shaft on our puny stacks compared to the multiple air attack bonuses etc that those guys have gotten. If they Dont stack for them then why bother getting more rewards?? Makes no freakin sense

manbeast
05-22-2013, 07:38 PM

1. Thank you for the reply!! Love the fact that you guys take the time to read forums and explain things.

2. I'm still not sure what I should do for this current LTQ. The stats are not worth it for me. I only want to spend gold for the boosts. You said you can't make them stack. This information tells me to ride the event out without gold. But then you say you "are looking to what you CAN do."
-Does this mean players who win the special boost units will eventually be rewarded? Or were yall thinking of a different solution?
-Should I spend gold to get the Falcon and 2nd Tomcat having faith you will give me the boosts somehow in the future? +2 energy and 20% health reduction are huge bonuses and I'll do whatever it takes to get em. So honestly what would you do in my shoes? Please let me know in the next 2 days before the event is over

jjm521
05-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Sorry gree but this was YOUR screw up that cost a lot of people real money. I hope you guys do whats right because this was the ultimate bait and switch. Upping the energy requirements while seriously reducing rewards is just awful. The only good part of this event was those units and to not even grant those bonuses is just BS.

Sgt Q
05-22-2013, 07:47 PM
In an unrelated topic....my faction fought you guys in columbia and i cldnt beat not a damn person in ace. We ended up going back to back after you gugs. You guys put together a great team. Congrats.

gero
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Why no additional information on the topic Gree? This should be a simple fix. Either the boosts stacks or if it is "impossible to fix" then the units are replaced with similar stats and boosts which are not within the same item group. Plenty of real money being spent on this LTQ just for the potential boosts and since I had the falcon supersonic from a 10 crate event I get no boost?

wolpa
05-22-2013, 09:10 PM
I have emails (from weeks ago) responding to my support requests about the health regen not stacking that basically state "this is just a display glitch, rest assured the bonuses are working correctly" and now GREE is changing their tone?

This really is just the tip of the iceberg, with our faction boost at +30 and having all of the bonus units, I should have +95% yet I only get +23%??? The regen boosts we paid for in faction alone don't even add up to what we're actually getting.

Notice how its all the bonuses that don't really have anything to do with gold (attack, defense, payout) that seem to stack just fine, but the boosts that cut the amount of gold one needs to spend in this game are the ones that are having issues (health, energy)?

Some of us have spent good money to get these units under the impression that the boosts would work properly, whether it was an accident, mistake, bad foresight, whatever, GREE should make the boosts that have been awarded work, then fix the problem moving forward... IMHO

King little fruit fly
05-23-2013, 01:19 AM

(from Devin's thread)

Great, a thread started by the beastlyman to demand an answer from Gree, and this is what we get, no more boost unit that easily, thanks a lot, beastlyman! Just shut up, beastlyman. :D:mad:;)

mgriss
05-23-2013, 09:20 AM
We're currently looking into what we CAN do for this case

I understand things get screwed up... you guys push a lot of new code out on very tight schedules, and let's just say I doubt MIT honor's graduates are doing the original programing... you guys have a lot on your hands. I also understand that you can't promise something before it becomes approved, worked on, and tested to make sure it's even possible. I understand that "possible" really means "possible without 100,000 man-hours of recoding and testing across platforms".

The only thing I wanted to read that I haven't yet is whether or not it's going to be worth parting with my gold to finish this LTQ. Because honestly, from the balance of stats, destructible units, and energy cost... without at least the second +2 energy, it won't be worth it. It really seems like that one in particular was meant to be included... when I saw the 2nd 20% health regen my first thought was "that won't work", because historically 2 of the same unit have not. But without the 2nd +2 energy... the cost/benefit analysis is WAY off, IMO.

So what I really want to know is... can I read "looking into what we CAN do" as "go ahead and get these units... it will be worth it"? What does everyone think?

caf014
05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
So basically we are screwed out of any bonuses that we have more than one of thanks GREE

manbeast
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
So what I really want to know is... can I read "looking into what we CAN do" as "go ahead and get these units... it will be worth it"? What does everyone think?

This is exactly the question I was getting at. I don't care about any of the stats, my only concern is the bonuses and if they will ever work.

Yankster
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Hopefully they'll forget about it ... Lets wave a flashy high stat toy in a LTQ event and see if they remember after a couple weeks.

Adacus71
05-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Here's an idea to make up for the miscommunication regarding 'like units' not stacking:

Find everyone who got the +energy unit in question. Give us a 1x mission that gives us the boost and delete the unit that does not work. I do not want to see it every time I look at my bonus list.

I'm thinking along the lines of "Attack the Insurgent Leader 1x and Win {cool tank} with +2 Energy"...

Roscoe782
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Here's an idea to make up for the miscommunication regarding 'like units' not stacking:

Find everyone who got the +energy unit in question. Give us a 1x mission that gives us the boost and delete the unit that does not work. I do not want to see it every time I look at my bonus list.

I'm thinking along the lines of "Attack the Insurgent Leader 1x and Win {cool tank} with +2 Energy"...

I love this idea. Forget the units that aren't working with your coding. Set up a simple mission, a la, the special pirate ship that simply needed 1 pvp win to win, and put with it +2 energy and/or +20% health regen for those that got those units during the LTE.

steveo127
05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Would it not be possible to just change the bonus for one of the units? Say lower one unit's health regeneration bonus from 20% to 15%? Seems like a quick-fix solution to me, and while yes there will be complaints that 20% is less than 15%, it's a heck of a lot better than 0% and 1000's of tickets being sent in...

can you tell me what/if there's anything wrong with this idea, please?

thanks CJ :D

Idiokus
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Getting very confusing!!! My profile page still is not showing individual bonus boost so hard to track all these units with boost!! What gives?? I'm doing the LTQ but only to find out boost are not stacking up? What's the point of doing elite if boost don't add up? Is there a fix in the mix?? Wow using gold and boost not being taken into account...

1- please fix profile issues

2- please fix boost issues...allow stacking up or give out new units with the boost that were advertise!

steveo127
05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
click on "view bonuses" and then click on the different tabs at the top of the screen. then scroll down and you should be able to see every boost that you have, whether by a unit or a WD event bonus, or a building, all bonuses should be there....assuming you have iOs...i'm not sure about android

Getting very confusing!!! My profile page still is not showing individual bonus boost so hard to track all these units with boost!! What gives?? I'm doing the LTQ but only to find out boost are not stacking up? What's the point of doing elite if boost don't add up? Is there a fix in the mix?? Wow using gold and boost not being taken into account...

1- please fix profile issues

2- please fix boost issues...allow stacking up or give out new units with the boost that were advertise!

Zedsdead
05-24-2013, 10:04 AM

I'm just going as far as I can without any more gold and then calling it quits. Probably about level 34-35 in prestige mode.

Thank goodness Devin posts his results so we can make decisions based on solid information, vs. the total vacuum we get from Gree.

Zedsdead
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Would it not be possible to just change the bonus for one of the units? Say lower one unit's health regeneration bonus from 20% to 15%? Seems like a quick-fix solution to me, and while yes there will be complaints that 20% is less than 15%, it's a heck of a lot better than 0% and 1000's of tickets being sent in...

can you tell me what/if there's anything wrong with this idea, please?

thanks CJ :D

I like it!

Roscoe782
05-24-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm just going as far as I can without any more gold and then calling it quits. Probably about level 34-35 in prestige mode.

Thank goodness Devin posts his results so we can make decisions based on solid information, vs. the total vacuum we get from Gree.

Bump. Great post. My thoughts exactly.

Marcus76
05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Why offer the exact same unit for normal and prestige mode if the boosts don't stack? It makes prestige mode a waste f time.

Marcus76
05-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Is the best way to explain this that you only get credit for one boost item per attribute? If you have 4 health regen boosts, then only one applies? Is the same true for units that boost air attack? If I have multiple, I only get a boost from one?

That makes all the events with special units useless to long time players. Once you have a boost unit, then you don't need another. No point in spending gold for additional boosts that don't stack.

Scoucer
05-24-2013, 10:56 PM
What makes even less sence is that they give them out on the same event... We obviously have the first one before we get to the second so it's a useless bonus right away, why even put it in as a prize???

Baltimore Bully
05-24-2013, 11:13 PM
More laziness from gree...

megaants
05-25-2013, 04:38 AM
does the health regen work, did anybody check this?

Scoucer
05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
does the health regen work, did anybody check this?

Don't know about the stacking or the math but regen on the boss event is down 5 min. for me, I have both 20% units, course I had both before the boss event started which is why I'm not sure if they stack.

NaRciS
05-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Can we just get an answer on if these units are going to be replaced, I have already had team mates get a refund, we don't want to, would rather have working units.

Seems that is the only option so far, but I understand that it's difficult to change code sometimes.

I need to let the faction know that these units will not work then.

Franks79
05-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Why couldn't they do a single mission that required (2) First Strike Tomcats to complete. Then the award could be a 20% health regen unit that was of a different "group" then all the previous health regen units. They could do this for the +2 energy unit as well.

Xyranthios
05-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Does it mean it is not stacked by function ? or by name ?

It's stacked by name. I have the deadly bridge jumper, and the first strike tomcat. The bonuses are individual just have the same value. Like for the bridge jumper say you had the deadly bridge jumper and the elite bridge jumper only ones bonus would work.

Panda.Ty
05-26-2013, 02:35 AM
if this is true, then Gree is very stupid!! why bother leveling the playing field, as it completely erase the competitive advantage that has been established up to now!!

I have won the falcon back in 10 crate events, and I got the covert jet fighter, and it doesn't stack...WTF!!
then all my effort in getting the falcon completely vanishes and a new guy who been playing for 1 month could get the same bonus as me?? this is simply ridiculous!!

If the bonus doesn't stack, then Gree is making another false advertising move to trap their customer to spend gold!!

Gree is just overcharging us once more: maybe they want (gold) players to quit???
More and more poeple are pissed of by their pathetic cheats: bet they'll soon loose thousands of $ if they dont change...

devildad
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
how do you know that these bonus are attached to these units?

ohgreatitsryan
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
how do you know that these bonus are attached to these units?

If you have the unit, it lists it in your boosts section, and says it on the unit.

Time 4 MW
05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
In individual bonuses, my bonus is First Strike Tomcat is shown as + 20% health regen instead of -20%. Combined with my faction health regen, I am listed as +5% health regen instead of -25%.

Disappointing to see this kind of problem happening.