PDA

View Full Version : Note to CJ54, Sirius, or other Gree person

Devin
05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
It might be helpful if you could comment on the intended bonus stacking from the current LTQ. I've done a full walk through here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55156-To-Catch-A-Criminal-LTQ-Walk-through

Thank you (I hope) for the many boosts and bonuses in this LTQ. However, some are not working and some not displaying.

1. Only getting +2 energy, instead of +4.
2. The health regen reductions don't show properly in the bonuses section. especially since there were 2 identical units provided. I guess next boss event will tell.

Perhaps you could comment (preferably on the LTQ thread) as to what the intention is for these bonuses is, so as avoid a whole bunch of confusion, a fleet of support tickets, and the usual negativity that occurs when people are unsure.

Thank you,
Devin

BlackArrow
05-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Devin deserves a bump and an answer when you get a chance...

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Bump, also chance to get on first page of a Devin thread and show my respect through shameless hero worship! :)

lanemondo
05-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Devin, these boosts will not stack, I completed the LTQ yesterday as well.

Personally, I'm pretty disappointed as these boosts were from passed events, if I had of known they were coming through LTQ's, I more than likely wouldn't have spent the gold the first time, considerably more expensive gold wise.

Totally agree, I either want a refund for the gold I used to get these sought after units or make them work Gree! Ticket to be sent

mwmark
05-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Gree probably never thought of/intended for there to multiple of some of these units that have boosts.
When making the list of units for the LTQ, i doubt they look at the boosts, they just pick units based on stats is my guess.
I would chalk this up to laziness/incompetence on the developers part.

Devin
05-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Devin, these boosts will not stack, I completed the LTQ yesterday as well.

Personally, I'm pretty disappointed as these boosts were from passed events, if I had of known they were coming through LTQ's, I more than likely wouldn't have spent the gold the first time, considerably more expensive gold wise.

I'd prefer to hear from Gree. Boosts *can* stack, at the determination of the MW devel/data team. The question is pretty simple: is this a bug to be fixed, or is this deliberate.

If nothing else, posting an answer will prevent the storm of support tickets people are saying they're submitting.

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Good luck getting an answer!
We will probably need a fair amount of luck ... Or posts in this thread keeping it right at the top where it belongs!

Dutchie
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Gree probably never thought of/intended for there to multiple of some of these units that have boosts.
When making the list of units for the LTQ, i doubt they look at the boosts, they just pick units based on stats is my guess.
I would chalk this up to laziness/incompetence on the developers part.

I have lost all hope and faith with all the outstanding issues and new ones cropping up... yet again we are being short changed.

Ssne
05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Energy regen does stack with other regen units. Meaning if you got the collect ten Nextgen Cruiser a few weeks ago the level 25 prize in this LTQ is additive. However, it seems the additional unit you get for prestige mode does not.

13Stalker
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Classic bait and switch! they sucker you with a bonus everyone wants and then when you get it they say it wont work with the one you already have, you can only have 1. HA! Thanks for playing see you next time.

Remember the scene in Despicable Me where he blows up that carnival game stand when he doesnt get the prize the little girl won??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 10:09 AM
remember the scene in despicable me where he blows up that carnival game stand when he doesnt get the prize the little girl won??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's so FLUFFEH!!!

CJ D
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Keep in mind that while devin has once again so awesomely put the walk through out there for us to see and use in determining how much gold we spend, how far we proceed, etc., there was no claim by gree that there were these bonuses, and that they would be stackable. The division to use gold to get to them, unfortunately, was made on intel not given or implied by gree.

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Not quite accurate as a statement as I have a list of bonuses supplied by gree in game and it lists two units with different stats and names both saying that they give +1 energy and yet only one of them actually works.

DME
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
If they don't intend them to stack then there should be a disclaimer saying as much on the units with bonuses.

Sok82
05-21-2013, 11:08 AM
If they don't intend them to stack then there should be a disclaimer saying as much on the units with bonuses.

Bump
Completely agree, DME. If they choose not to stack bonuses, that's their decision. They should be transparent about that, though, so people don't spend money on false hopes. As-is, the way they have things set up is deceptive.

Durt McGurt
05-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Remember way back, long ago, probably a week or so....

Someone with blue writing told us that things were going to change on the forum. More involvement and better communication would be coming our way.

I wonder if this is a good time to start that?

scuba dean
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM

Someone with blue writing told us that things were going to change on the forum. More involvement and better communication would be coming our way.

I have been reading this forum for over a year and just decided to create an account just to agree with Durt.... Well said sir....

Fudge Packer
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM

Very fair point, and well made.

I think everyone needs to remember that if you make a purchase in this game you are then a paying customer, you would not tolerate this if you walked into a store and got this level of customer service why should we now?!?!

Durt McGurt
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I have been reading this forum for over a year and just decided to create an account just to agree with Durt.... Well said sir....

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes helpful, sometimes not. Usually a little entertaining.

Golf4life
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
bump

this new communication they promised isn't what i was expecting

Joe Op
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Since last LTQ I got two Warlord Siege Tanks (+3% alliance attack) and - at least i hope - only one is working.

I opend a ticket and the answer was that GREE is aware of that issue and told me in the background the boosts are working. I cant see 'background' of does boosts, but i see when a health boost / a energy boost / a IpH boost / a defense building boost or a valor boost ISNT working. And thats a fact! They dont stack and therefore i believe GREE lied to me in that answer.

GREE; pls give answers and when boost really will work right.

FromAfar
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
GREE,

Devin is the publisher of one of the most informative and constructive threads on this board.

If you guys can not reply to a CONSTRUCTIVE question that contributes to one of the few useful purposes of this forum, then you need to reevaluate your entire business plan.

Have a nice day.

Sirius
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
It might be helpful if you could comment on the intended bonus stacking from the current LTQ. I've done a full walk through here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55156-To-Catch-A-Criminal-LTQ-Walk-through

Thank you (I hope) for the many boosts and bonuses in this LTQ. However, some are not working and some not displaying.

2. The health regen reductions don't show properly in the bonuses section. especially since there were 2 identical units provided. I guess next boss event will tell.

Perhaps you could comment (preferably on the LTQ thread) as to what the intention is for these bonuses is, so as avoid a whole bunch of confusion, a fleet of support tickets, and the usual negativity that occurs when people are unsure.

Thank you,
Devin

Greetings Devin and everyone else as well,

We are aware of the reports regarding the bonuses either not showing up or not working correctly. We are working with our developers on this and should have something more informative regarding what everyone is seeing.

All I ask is for some patience and understanding while we get more information on this. I appreciate those of you helping provide more information for us.

Please note the forum rules folks as we need people to stay constructive as that helps us get things solved faster.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

Devin
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM

We are aware of the reports regarding the bonuses either not showing up or not working correctly. We are working with our developers on this and should have something more informative regarding what everyone is seeing.

All I ask is for some patience and understanding while we get more information on this. I appreciate those of you helping provide more information for us.

Please note the forum rules folks as we need people to stay constructive as that helps us gets things solved faster.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47705-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

Hi Sirius,

Thank you for the update, I appreciate you taking the time. I look forward to the additional info once you've had a chance to review with Devel. I'll link to it on the ltq walkthrough thread too, to help get the message out and avoid unneeded tickets.

Thanks,
Devin

Cuthbert (B$A)
05-21-2013, 05:20 PM

Please note the forum rules folks as we need people to stay constructive as that helps us get things solved faster.

~Sirius

Thank you for responding, but this answer is nonresponsive. You did not state whether Gree intends them to stack. Getting with dev for an answer seems like a stall, since we do not need dev to say what they are supposed to do--only what they are doing. And we already know that answer; they are not stacking.

mhicks1978
05-21-2013, 06:03 PM
LOL, They will get a concret answer back to us all after you all WASTE YOUR GOLD ON THESE WEAK UNITS!!

Thief
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM

~Sirius

Sirius

Thank you for recognizing there is indeed an issue:
Please understand most of us are more patient than standard customers we just don't want to be left in the dark.

I am one for staying constructive so i would like to say that Speaking as a customer if there is an issue i would like to hear about the issue from Gree before i discover it on my own. If thats not possible then i would like to hear about what solution is in the works and the rough time frame its going to take in order to resolve the issue? (1 week? 2-4 weeks? 8 weeks? etc etc) Even if the time frame seems like a very long window we should at the very least be informed.

Thank you again and i hope to hear back from you in order to adress some of the other concerns.

Paisthecoolest
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM

All I ask is for some patience and understanding while we get more information on this

~Sirius

Thank you for responding. We appreciate when you keep us updated. This is a great game. Keep up the good work.

jjm521
05-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Bump, just to make sure this stays on page one and doesnt go by the wayside. I used a good bit of gold to get that 2nd +2 energy and 20% health regen so id like to see this get resolved in short order. Doesnt make sense to put 2 prizes in the SAME event if only one is usable, pretty simple really.

King little fruit fly
05-21-2013, 07:21 PM

Thank you,
Devin

Yep, Devin deserves an answer. :D

Buddy, you are doing a great job in REG (because of you, I am starting to like REG) and awesome service to the community. Now, let's work together with other top 100 leaders for something that is even grander for the good of the community, okay! :D

Drama Llama
05-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Bump, time is money!

Dutchie
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Remember way back, long ago, probably a week or so....Someone with blue writing told us that things were going to change on the forum. More involvement and better communication would be coming our way.I wonder if this is a good time to start that?

Ha! Gotta love the Durt... he is so right!

Remember this post from CJ at the end of April? -

I'll have a post up sometime after the event about policy going forward regarding what happens if one person in a faction is found to be exploiting something. It's a complicated issue, and there has been a lot of concern sent over about it, but we had to discuss the various potential scenarios over here first.

Define "sometime" CJ because I am still waiting...

CJ54
05-22-2013, 01:20 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55280-GREE-Please-explain-boost-stacking&p=773198&viewfull=1#post773198

Policy formation moves slowly. I will say that the short version is "If it's enough to cause your faction to place differently than it would have, based on the math, you just disqualified everyone on your team".

Drama Llama
05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?55280-GREE-Please-explain-boost-stacking&p=773198&viewfull=1#post773198

Policy formation moves slowly. I will say that the short version is "If it's enough to cause your faction to place differently than it would have, based on the math, you just disqualified everyone on your team".

Good to know that hackers will be dealt with, on another note, any updates on the code de tangling progress on these boost units?

CJ54
05-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Good to know that hackers will be dealt with, on another note, any updates on the code de tangling progress on these boost units?

Yes, that was in the post I linked to in the other thread on this. We can't make the boost effects stack in this case (these items were not intended to be included in the LTQ), but we are seeing what we can do.

Arnaud
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM
but we are seeing what we can do.

So I assume that means the item in the current event will be replaced ASAP and/or that there will be a replacement in the inventory for the players who already got it.

Drama Llama
05-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Yes, that was in the post I linked to in the other thread on this. We can't make the boost effects stack in this case (these items were not intended to be included in the LTQ), but we are seeing what we can do.

Oh sorry I missed that as I had assumed incorrectly that is was referring to the hacking issue too.

The last line in your post is positive, I appreciate that and hope that you guys can sort out a way of dealing with this that makes all parties happy about the situation.

Here's that link again to CJ's post which explains the situation as it currently stands:

DFI
05-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Ha! Gotta love the Durt... he is so right!

Remember this post from CJ at the end of April? -

Some of you guys clearly have not worked in the public sector before....

Drama Llama
05-23-2013, 04:05 AM
Just checking in and making sure this stays where is deserves to be ...on the first page.

Dutchie
05-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Some of you guys clearly have not worked in the public sector before....

Didn't know GREE was a government controlled entity... Is Ben 'Helicopter' Bernanke running the show here then? No wonder there is such huge stat inflation in the game.

Cuthbert (B$A)
05-23-2013, 05:24 AM
I need to know if they are going to fix or replace these second two items. Understand this, CJ and others; if there will be a fix, I will spend to get these second round prizes. If you intend no fix or do not respond today, I will not. Simple. I think many others feel the same.

Col C Smythe
05-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Question on the stacking issue:

If there are two boosts in same class, but each has a different value, which value takes priority.

In other words, if there is an Air asset with +1 energy and an Air asset with +3 energy, does the +3 take priority or is it the first unit of the group you obtain. So if +1 was first, does +1 take precedence because it was the first, or does the +3 take precednce because it is the highest value?

If it is highest value, there is a relatively simple fix to the stacking issue, at least in events like this LTQ - Simply make the second unit a +4. The end result would be the same as having two separate +2 units in the same class. One cannot get to the +4 unles they have already passed the level for the previous +2.

Also, the bonuses in the WD may have the same issue. Haven't checked inventory, but if they also bump up against the stacking limitations, then some, if not many, of the WD bonuses are unusable.

Can anyone speak to this????