PDA

View Full Version : Pre-staging for LTQ events

bostonbwt
05-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Can someone tell me how to pre-stage for these events? I see it mentioned alot but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I already make sure to have a full energy bar and that I'm close to a leveling up. Is there more to it than that?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

corey0025
05-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Go to the mission maps and do the missions that take multiple hits...you have to stop 1 short of completing each mission. First make sure that one click missions are turned off, so you dont complete one by accident. Then go through the maps until you have all the multi hit missions ready. And you are prestaged!

05-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Preparing for these events means you play the missions maps in your own time. So in between LTQ events.

You concentrate on the multiple hit targets in the maps. For example, if there's a target you need to hit 4 times you hit it 3 times. Leave the final hit open for the LTQ event. This way you will go through the maps a lot quicker which will help you to complete more maps in the event.

Got it?

bostonbwt
05-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Go to the mission maps and do the missions that take multiple hits...you have to stop 1 short of completing each mission. First make sure that one click missions are turned off, so you dont complete one by accident. Then go through the maps until you have all the multi hit missions ready. And you are prestaged!

Preparing for these events means you play the missions maps in your own time. So in between LTQ events.

You concentrate on the multiple hit targets in the maps. For example, if there's a target you need to hit 4 times you hit it 3 times. Leave the final hit open for the LTQ event. This way you will go through the maps a lot quicker which will help you to complete more maps in the event.

Got it?

Awesome. Thank you both. Makes perfect sense.

So do the LTQ's missions always go in a certain order? I've never really paid attention to the order in the past...

Does it matter which level of a certain mission map that I'm currently on?

Sok82
05-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Awesome. Thank you both. Makes perfect sense.

So do the LTQ's missions always go in a certain order? I've never really paid attention to the order in the past...

Does it matter which level of a certain mission map that I'm currently on?

Map level doesn't matter, and each month the mission list is different. The best strategy is to do as many of the multi-tap missions as you can during the non-war period. You'll still need gold to complete prestige mode, but you'll save a lot of money if you work hard before the event.

Infamous They
05-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Is there any way to know which mission maps it will be or which ones it may lean towards?

baucoin007
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Are you guys insane?! You think if GREE knew this was going on they wouldn't find a way to put an end to it. You are going to ruin things for everyone!

Blue_Flames
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Infamous They: Yes. Get hired at Gree as a developer and help design next month's challenges :)

John Snow
05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Nice. How long before staging is nerfed?

Agent Orange
05-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Gree have already made changes including resetting you attack count, also doubled up on missions so even if you prestaged it once you have to go back and do it again in normal mode.

They are also doing different parts of maps and to make it more exciting it is taking more hits to advance.

And yes they read these forums.

corey0025
05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes they read these, but you still need gold to finish them, and thats the whole point right...to get us to spend money. So thats why they added the prestige part of it. You can only hope to get lucky with prestaging it, since the order changes every event. They will possibly be able to change the setup so it resets everything that may have been done before the event starts, but lets be honest gree isnt stupid and dont think for a second that they didnt know that was possible. IF they want to change it they will. If not then we keep going, no harm will come of talking about it like its a giant secret that we suddenly found.

KFH
05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Are you guys insane?! You think if GREE knew this was going on they wouldn't find a way to put an end to it. You are going to ruin things for everyone!I brought this up last LTQ event, but was assured that talking about it wouldn't get gree to change. It's already had threads of it's own and the information has been around the forum for long time

macemakemaster
05-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Are you guys insane?! You think if GREE knew this was going on they wouldn't find a way to put an end to it. You are going to ruin things for everyone!

Easy man. They already knew and changed lots of energy consuming maps.

Sepi
05-20-2013, 07:53 PM
I doupt that they nerf pre-staging in any way. It would be unfair in many ways, but primary because people still play those maps just for the story mode too and you simply can run out of energy (and cash if certain units are required) to complite current mission and have to wait refilling. Someone also might used Gold to do missions, and if suddenly that 3000+ energy would reset, tickets would overhelm Support quickly.

Also one income-strategy is to prep multihit targets and finish them once to acquire expensive purchase if you have to overvault.

The game's mechanics are a bit diffirent than KA and MQ, so logical way to prevent prepping from GREE's point is force players to finish objectives twice per normal and prestige mode as seen in Docks in current event, for example. You get your strategic and planned advange first time as you should, but next mission might include blowing that warehouse again.

Tha General
05-23-2013, 04:10 PM
There is no way gree could clear the your progress on multi-hit missions. Prepping multi-hit missions isn't only used for LTQ. Many players prep the boss missions in the last few maps when they need to over vault for big purchases as well (oh no! I let out the secret, what if Greed finds out!?!?) lol bcuz mission prepping has been done for some time now for many reasons, Greed will not remove it. If they did it would be similar to removing the palm trees so players would have to buy gold to upgrade their vault instead of "selling trees" lmao after they hit their max vault. Gree is aware of almost every trick in the book, n they just kno somethings they can help n resolve and some they just can't. Anyway thats my piece thanx guys n Happy Hunting

Blond Death
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Can someone tell me how to pre-stage for these events? I see it mentioned alot but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I already make sure to have a full energy bar and that I'm close to a leveling up. Is there more to it than that?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

After missions contest ends, start preping for the next one in the following way:
Start with mission 1 and pre hit all multiple hit targets but don't complete last hit.
Example. If unit requires 12 hits the. Hit it 11 times. The. When the mission contest starts, you only have to hit it once to complete mission. The game rembers your previous hit and only prompts for the final hit n
Do this for every level. BENEFIT: once contest starts you will only need to hit each target ones saving valuable energy to to go further faster with a minimum of energy expended.
This should enable you to nearly complete through prestige mission
Aloha from Honolulu hope this helped

nic4msu
05-23-2013, 07:26 PM
There's no way Gree can nerf this? Clearly none of you play KA. The LTQs there use different maps every time, and have new monsters we've never seen before pop up - so prep is impossible. In fact they created a whole new map for the most recent LTQ. Gree won't bother if a few players are quietly using this prep strategy, but when whole threads are dedicated to how to avoid or delay using gold (by fully legitimate means), my guess is we will find this addressed & thwarted quickly.

MoD
05-24-2013, 12:50 AM
preparing will also make you level up faster, won't it?

United Nation of Foxes
05-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Prestaging to be nerfed

United Nation of Foxes
05-24-2013, 02:08 AM
I doupt that they nerf pre-staging in any way. It would be unfair in many ways, but primary because people still play those maps just for the story mode too and you simply can run out of energy (and cash if certain units are required) to complite current mission and have to wait refilling. Someone also might used Gold to do missions, and if suddenly that 3000+ energy would reset, tickets would overhelm Support quickly.

Also one income-strategy is to prep multihit targets and finish them once to acquire expensive purchase if you have to overvault.

The game's mechanics are a bit diffirent than KA and MQ, so logical way to prevent prepping from GREE's point is force players to finish objectives twice per normal and prestige mode as seen in Docks in current event, for example. You get your strategic and planned advange first time as you should, but next mission might include blowing that warehouse again.

Nerfed in beta due to abuse of system

Hivesy
05-24-2013, 02:16 AM
I pre-stage the cr@p out of the LTQs, I also spend more gold on the LTQs than any other part of the game.

GREE aren't as stupid as you think.

ppownage
05-24-2013, 02:44 AM
There's no way Gree can nerf this? Clearly none of you play KA. The LTQs there use different maps every time, and have new monsters we've never seen before pop up - so prep is impossible. In fact they created a whole new map for the most recent LTQ. Gree won't bother if a few players are quietly using this prep strategy, but when whole threads are dedicated to how to avoid or delay using gold (by fully legitimate means), my guess is we will find this addressed & thwarted quickly.
couldnt agree more!!!

DME
05-24-2013, 04:00 AM

It's irrelevant whether people openly talk about it or not then, as if they have changed it in one of their games then they clearly already know about it. Talking about it won't make a difference as to whether they decide to change it or not.

Jacko
05-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Do u know how many maps there re & how many jobs? To be able to spot a few is already a feat. Best solution is to build up your energy stats so that u can go further without using gold