PDA

View Full Version : Next battle in 11 days.

BigMoney
05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Hope it's a mistake, but it probably isn't. Syndicate icon says next battle in 10 days, 23 hours from now, which would mean the next war would start Friday, May 31st.

AFed
05-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Yep. Terrible. And the worst 1st place prize ever.

Bala82
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Beat me to it i was just about post this

11 days look like this pattern no point complain

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
boycotts are never going to work until you boycott till they listen.

lolmetimbers
05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
11 day break and 3 day wars? Good job GREEd on driving away your customers. It isnt even about the gold anymore but also just the unrelenting time needed to war continuously. Listening to your players? What a joke. You slap them in the faces over and over.

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
hahah.. for the rewards id rather be 10th than 1st.

Gingeasian
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Anybody know what the events will be

Zedsta
05-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Stupid. Just stupid. One a war a month was perfect

MisterIceNL
05-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Gree ... are you kidding me?

bimmer kid
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
this is sweet. but id rather have battles every weekend

make sure you have them credit cards ready

whos butthurt?

Justsimply
05-20-2013, 12:17 PM
this is sweet. but id rather have battles every weekend

make sure you have them credit cards ready

whos butthurt?

That's an awesome idea...where is the suggestion box? Can someone from FCS point me in the direction

Bala82
05-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Modern war has 17 days both started at same time.

Since both these game last war event ended together so at least no overlap.

Justsimply
05-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Modern war has 17 days both started at same time.

Since both these game last war event ended together so at least no overlap.

Well bala, we don't battle over there so MW could do it the same weekend and it wouldn't bother us.

dispohero
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I think it should be battle every Fri-Sun, with box, le, ltq event occuring simultaneously Tue-Thu.

panty sniffer
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
gree's schedule for next war was probably planned several weeks ago. There will be no results seen from any boycott until next month.

Fight Club= 11 mil less IP than last war.
Sas= 11 mil less points than last war.
And these are merely two examples amongst all the syn's depreciated gold use.

The loss in profits from CC will be obvious to Gree. Personally, I think this would have happened whether there was an iintentional boycott or not. Schedule MW and CC wars in the same weekend and players will naturally have to chose one or the other whether gold is the issue or time.

I say kick back, relax, and watch the events as they unfold.

After all is said and done, the game is still fun. Isn't that what we're all here for?

Higher frequency of wars= less gold spent per war from all the syn's. Nobody is falling behind. Players adjust IAW their wallet, not frequency of wars. Everything "evens out" when all is said and done.

lordsagacity
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
i think it should be battle every fri night, end every sun night, with box, le, ltq event occuring simultaneously tue-thu.
lmfao..........

Btrash
05-20-2013, 12:26 PM
boycotts are never going to work until you boycott till they listen.

There was never a boycott, there was just a delay in time until they used the same amount of gold as they normally would have. A short period of "abstention" isn't really abstaining if you splurge after that period ends. Whoever thought of and/or participated in that and truly thought they were putting it to Gree is a complete and utter moron.

They keep complaining, but they keep spending. The only way to prove anything to Gree would be to stop spending period, but there are too many people that need to keep trying to stay number one to maintain their online pride to do that.

BigMoney
05-20-2013, 12:26 PM
gree's schedule for next war was probably planned several weeks ago. There will be no results seen from any boycott until next month.

Fight Club= 11 mil less IP than last war.
Sas= 11 mil less points than last war.
And these are merely two examples amongst all the syn's depreciated gold use.

The loss in profits from CC will be obvious to Gree.

Higher frequency of wars= less gold spent per war from all the syn's. Nobody is falling behind. Players adjust IAW their wallet, not frequency of wars.

It doesn't matter if the syndicates spend 25% less if GREE has wars twice as often.

Bala82
05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Well bala, we don't battle over there so MW could do it the same weekend and it wouldn't bother us.

This was issue last time for players who play both games

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
There was never a boycott, there was just a delay in time until they used the same amount of gold as they normally would have. A short period of "abstention" isn't really abstaining if you splurge after that period ends. Whoever thought of and/or participated in that and truly thought they were putting it to Gree is a complete and utter moron.

They keep complaining, but they keep spending. The only way to prove anything to Gree would be to stop spending period, but there are too many people that need to keep trying to stay number one to maintain their online pride to do that.
your right.

MrTL
05-20-2013, 12:32 PM

I am guessing that maths was not a strong point for you in school?

IP scores were way down in this war. Over 26m down amongst the top 3 teams alone.

Btrash
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I am guessing that maths was not a strong point for you in school?

IP scores were way down in this war. Over 26m down amongst the top 3 teams alone.

And 75% gold spending 2-3 times a month > 100% gold spending 1 time a month. They may not have spent quite as much as the last ones, but Gree still pockets a large sum of money from the complete idiocy of putting 10 million points between you and and the next team down the ladder.

BigMoney
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
And 75% gold spending 3 times a month > 100% gold spending 1 time a month. They may not have spent quite as much as the last ones, but Gree still pockets a large sum of money from the complete idiocy of putting 10 million points between you and and the next team down the ladder.

I agree with the first part of your post as I've already said as much earlier in the topic, but I don't believe you have any idea how quickly those top syndicates can score points in a couple of hours if you think 10 million is an absurdly large lead. Those top syndicates (FC, SAS, etc) can do that in about 2 hours if they so desire.

bimmer kid
05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/seaPPPP/Nurse_pony_diagnosis_butthurt-n1295398752703_zps81608dc9.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/seaPPPP/media/Nurse_pony_diagnosis_butthurt-n1295398752703_zps81608dc9.jpg.html)

Btrash
05-20-2013, 12:44 PM
I agree with the first part of your post as I've already said as much earlier in the topic, but I don't believe you have any idea how quickly those top syndicates can score points in a couple of hours if you think 10 million is an absurdly large lead. Those top syndicates (FC, SAS, etc) can do that in about 2 hours if they so desire.

And those teams could also seriously sit out 3-4 wars to ACTUALLY prove a point to gree and still be stronger than the teams that got 1st/2nd/3rd place while they were actually boycotting. They keep complaining about everything that is wrong with the game, yet keep handing Gree their wallet, but there is too much e-pride in being at the top to actually do anything like that.

Tony 432847666
05-20-2013, 12:44 PM
talking about gree slaps in their customer's face. Wouldn't gold sale for the first 24 hour only be obvious enough? Do you guys don't see it or just pretend you don't see it?

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
whats up with peoples bums...jeeees

BigRob
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Nevermind.....

Btrash
05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
talking about gree slaps in their customer's face. Wouldn't gold sale for the first 24 hour only be obvious enough? Do you guys don't see it or just pretend you don't see it?

I am sure the teams that were involved in the "abstention" bought up gold during the sale, but just didn't use it (or use it as much as normal since some of the involved teams were putting up 200k-300k battles in the first 24 "Gold Free" hours.... another point at how much of a pointless joke this was) until the 24 hours was up.

Also gold usage doesn't directly correlate to gold purchased. Sure the top teams had less IP overall, but that doesn't mean they didn't purchase a whole ton in anticipation of using more.

blackshadowdog
05-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Will not be buying gold every 10 days or for that matter ever again. I will play for free and when that stops becoming fun I will delete the game. MW was screwed up at the beginning of battle and It has been deleted from my system. I hope the suckers who fall for this go bankrupt.

rosko247
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I was just about to post this too. this is ridiculous.

murf
05-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Will not be buying gold every 10 days or for that matter ever again. I will play for free and when that stops becoming fun I will delete the game. MW was screwed up at the beginning of battle and It has been deleted from my system. I hope the suckers who fall for this go bankrupt.

I will never understand why gold buyers are called suckers, etc. No one knows their individual situations. Everyone wastes money on something...I think those guys who spend $500 / bottle on Grey Goose so they can get a table in a club are insane. How about spending $12/pack of cigarettes and smoking 2 packs a day? How about upgrading to iPhone 5, when you just upgraded to the iPhone 4s? Starbucks coffee every day (that's an extra $1-4 day x's 365 days)? I could go on for days.....

If everyone honestly looks at how they spend money, I'm sure you can all say, why did I spend money on that? So stop judging.

Robin Hood
05-20-2013, 01:24 PM
I will never understand why gold buyers are called suckers, etc. No one knows their individual situations. Everyone wastes money on something...I think those guys who spend $500 / bottle on Grey Goose so they can get a table in a club are insane. How about spending $12/pack of cigarettes and smoking 2 packs a day? How about upgrading to iPhone 5, when you just upgraded to the iPhone 4s? Starbucks coffee every day (that's an extra $1-4 day x's 365 days)? I could go on for days.....

If everyone honestly looks at how they spend money, I'm sure you can all say, why did I spend money on that? So stop judging.

http://www.favething.com/uploads/images/main-fave-images/i_spent_a_lot_of_money_on_booze_birds_and_fast_car s_the_rest_i_just_squandered_george_best-1.jpg

George Best is rolling in his grave

John Snow
05-20-2013, 01:40 PM
time to quit and move on in life. 11 day break and 3 day wars? Cyas. Good job GREEd on driving away your customers. It isnt even about the gold anymore but also just the unrelenting time needed to war continuously. Listening to your players? What a joke. You slap them in the faces over and over.

Yup, I just told my syndicate 2 weeks is way too soon for the next war and I can't spend my weekend on the iPad again. They should be increasing the interval between wars, not shortening it.

geminiking01
05-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Why can't they have a war during the week? The weekend is not good for me. I hate these two week wars because it doesn't give me enough time to increase my attk/def.

Euchred
05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I wonder how long everything will continue to function for the most part over the next couple months, I just can't help but to be compelled.

AFed
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
If they paid some college student 15-20k a year to mod the forums and listen to customers they're ROI would be huge. Business is just run terribly.

Illuminati
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I wonder how long everything will continue to function for the most part over the next couple months, I just can't help but to be compelled.

I have a feeling that Gree knows the writing is on the wall as far as the end of this game. That's why they've been completing ignoring the player base and pumping out event after event after event, usually more than one event at a time. I can't imagine that this type of business model can be sustained long term - unless the heavy spenders in this game are so addicted or have such a huge sunk cost factor that they continue feeding into Gree's game plan. It should be apparent to everyone that Gree's primary focus is sqeezing as much money as it can from players while it can. The 24 hour gold sale Gree had at the beginning of the past war was a big FU to those who threatened a boycott. There was no posts or comments from Gree as to the reasoning of the limited sale period. For that matter, Gree doesn't have to say anything with respect to the game because it knows people will keep spending money on gold. Notice how the only time you see a post from a Gree representative is to penalize someone? At least when CM Mark was around, he gave at least SOME feedback, albeit minimal, as to what was going on behind closed doors.

Remember when the M4A1 rifle was nerfed because of "balance" issues? lol This game has completely become gold-centric with absolutely no concern for balance. The stronger (i.e. those who buy gold) continue to get stronger, further widening the gap with casual players. As long as you choose (yes it's a choice) to keep spending gold on this game, regardless of whatever issues you might have with it, Gree has no incentive to change anything.

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
If they paid some college student 15-20k a year to mod the forums and listen to customers they're ROI would be huge. Business is just run terribly.

AFED no offence but i think gree knows more about buisness and revenue than you do.

ScratchFace
05-20-2013, 02:01 PM
time to quit and move on in life. 11 day break and 3 day wars? Cyas. Good job GREEd on driving away your customers. It isnt even about the gold anymore but also just the unrelenting time needed to war continuously. Listening to your players? What a joke. You slap them in the faces over and over.
This is where I'm at too. I am a free player, but the three days it takes to be committed to the battles is now up to just about 9 days per month, that's crazy.

Hey
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
AFED no offence but i think gree knows more about buisness and revenue than you do.

I disagree.

cr0nchef
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
who thinks this is gree(d)'s revenge at us for even trying to disobey there almighty power and wisdom ffs

ScratchFace
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
That's a ver debatable assertion considering Gree's current financial state as a company.

wa7sh
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
dude im with you but do you seriously think they will give a crap if a couple of players leave?

murf
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
who thinks this is gree(d)'s revenge at us for even trying to disobey there almighty power and wisdom ffs

Anyone who thinks that Gree is doing anything maliciously is insane... They are in business to do one thing, make money. If they think they can make more money in the medium-long term having people spend 75% every 2 weeks, instead of 100% every 4 weeks, then they think this is a good business decision to them. If they think it costs more to hire support staff to address support ticket, then it costs through lower gold sales and people leaving the game, then to them it's a good business decision to cut staff. They aren't spiteful, they are simply trying to maximize their bottom line. It's pretty simple.

BigMoney
05-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Oh ho ho, check out this guy, I like his jokes.

ScratchFace
05-20-2013, 02:12 PM
dude im with you but do you seriously think they will give a crap if a couple of players leave?
I think at this point they'd be smart to listen to why those "couple" of players are leaving, especially when they're gold spenders. A company WILL fail when it takes its customers for granted.

murf
05-20-2013, 02:18 PM

AFed, I respect your posting here too....but look at one of their senior manager's background. My guess is these guys have a plan, they aren't just haphazardly doing things. Whether what they think is good for GREE is the same as what's good for the players is a different story. But, making players happy isn't their goal, it's profit.

Shanti brings a career-long passion for Web and game entrepreneurship to GREE. Prior to joining, Shanti oversaw monetization, distribution, licensing, and corporate development at social game developer Playfish. He also headed business development at Three Rings, a pioneer in the games-as-a-service sector, and led console, PC, mobile, online, and casual game development for The Sims and FIFA at Electronic Arts. Building upon nearly 20 years of experience gaming, Shanti is recognized as an expert on virtual goods and free-to-play monetization.

BigMoney
05-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I can't even tell who is trolling any more. Did you seriously just laud the credentials of someone involved with EA and The Sims? Do you have any idea how that fiasco went?

ScratchFace
05-20-2013, 02:23 PM
But, making players happy isn't their goal, it's profit.
Losing site of the symbiotic nature of the provider/customer relationship is a sure way for the host to starve itself.

Hey
05-20-2013, 02:23 PM
He also headed business development at Three Rings, a pioneer in the games-as-a-service sector, and led console, PC, mobile, online, and casual game development for The Sims and FIFA at Electronic Arts. Building upon nearly 20 years of experience gaming, Shanti is recognized as an expert on virtual goods and free-to-play monetization.

So he used to work for EA, that's...nice.:rolleyes:

Sexc_Jess
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
A war every 2 weeks is a disgrace and so is the stats inflation that makes the old gear worthless. So wrong.

$Heisenberg$
05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
A war every 2 weeks is a disgrace and so is the stats inflation that makes the old gear worthless. So wrong.

why keep ppl saying war every 2 weeks??

its 3 wars in 33 days

murf
05-20-2013, 03:28 PM
why keep ppl saying war every 2 weeks??

its 3 wars in 33 days

Because it is every 2 weeks. And when things happen every 2 weeks, it works out that they also happen 3 out of every 5 weeks, if you count both the beginning and ending weekends.

Sandukan
05-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Gree doesn't want us to get bored so we are inundated with events.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?!

Shthead mike
05-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Crime city....by greed. The new cocaine. Next hit in 10 days. Sell your house. Pimp your wife. We're coming after every cent.

DaHoosier
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
The 1st 24 hour only 20% gold sale was a very clear message what Gree thinks of the Crime City player base. Simple, try to fight us and we will teach you a lesson.

Meanwhile they gave the well behaved kids in Modern War got a 40% gold sale 1st 24 hours and 20% the remaining.

This to me was a very clear message of a company with disdain for its paying customers. You would have to be quite the Fanboi to not think this was not a very calculated dirty move.

I can no longer support a company with that kind of attitude towards its customers. It's unfortunate because I truly enjoy these games and have no problem spending a little money for something that gives me many hours of enjoyment. But at some point it is a matter of principle and for me they have crossed over that line.

John Snow
05-20-2013, 04:42 PM
I have a feeling that Gree knows the writing is on the wall as far as the end of this game. That's why they've been completing ignoring the player base and pumping out event after event after event, usually more than one event at a time. I can't imagine that this type of business model can be sustained long term - unless the heavy spenders in this game are so addicted or have such a huge sunk cost factor that they continue feeding into Gree's game plan. It should be apparent to everyone that Gree's primary focus is sqeezing as much money as it can from players while it can. The 24 hour gold sale Gree had at the beginning of the past war was a big FU to those who threatened a boycott. There was no posts or comments from Gree as to the reasoning of the limited sale period. For that matter, Gree doesn't have to say anything with respect to the game because it knows people will keep spending money on gold. Notice how the only time you see a post from a Gree representative is to penalize someone? At least when CM Mark was around, he gave at least SOME feedback, albeit minimal, as to what was going on behind closed doors.

Remember when the M4A1 rifle was nerfed because of "balance" issues? lol This game has completely become gold-centric with absolutely no concern for balance. The stronger (i.e. those who buy gold) continue to get stronger, further widening the gap with casual players. As long as you choose (yes it's a choice) to keep spending gold on this game, regardless of whatever issues you might have with it, Gree has no incentive to change anything.

The real issue is that Gree's core business, its Japanese gaming platform, is flailing, to put it mildly. The social media model of gaming is coming to an end (see Zynga struggling to make it outside of Facebook). Gree is using Funzio to support its Japanese operations which is why, as you noted, "this game has completely become gold-centric with absolutely no concern for balance". They're struggling in the short-term, the long term be damned. Doubt this? Take a look at Gree's recent press release titled "GREE Announces Extraordinary Loss and Revised Forecast for Fiscal 2013". They may as well make the gold prices in yen, since the money you spend on gold is being sent to Japan anyway. Gree's earnings report on May 14, 2013 showed a marked decrease in revenue and profits compared to the prior quarter (the exact opposite of the prior year). Needless to say, the metric that matters the most to Gree management - stock price, keeps sinking. It's not greed driving the compression of the event schedules, it's desperation.

cooch
05-20-2013, 04:59 PM
No business is healthy when too few spend too much to sustain it. This biweekly war schedule is designed to spread the spend out, reduce dependance on too few, to see where it goes. The reduction in gold use but not spend nonsense only proved probably what they saw coming. What would come next from top spenders in terms of reasonableness of demands?

The only FU was the one day sale saying you ain't dictating to us how we run our business chumps. Next time like I said, don't pre-announce and remember actions always speak louder than words. Spending and purchasing are two different things. You didn't spend but you did purchase didn't you to make next month's bonus program?

dispohero
05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Gree is perfectly fine financially.

Their fy 2013 revenue is still expected to top 150b yen. Yes, profits were sharply lower this quarter (i think something like 15b down to 5b iirc), but if you read the fine print of their statements, a huge chunk of that decline (5b or so) came from writing off losses on games that were in mid-development, that were cancelled instead of being finished. This came from their own internal r&d, but also from companies that they have acquired, whose games don't all fit their mold. Companies do this kind of stuff all the time. Some for reorg purposes, some for tax purposes, and some even for market manipulation purposes.

A 1 day word-not-to-be-mentioned-in-the-forums on gold purchases means absolutely nothing to them.

HoneyBadger3
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Bit late on the results but I forgot my password and had to create a new account.

PackerHeights Top 11 212,250,863 Top 4000 1,261,220,686
ChinaTown Top 11 165,341,641 Top 4000 1,120,352,278
Difference Top 46,909,222 Top 4000 140,868,408

The top teams account for approximately 16% of the overall influence in any given battle
When the top teams caught that virus or got tied up for the first 24 hours it resulted 30% of the difference of the overall decline observed in the Rd4 Battle.

For those thinking that these top teams can't come together and 'Influence' the results...you are wrong. Individually the top teams have a level of organization, communication and 'resources' unlike the others. When they decide to work together they become a machine. Every syndicate benefited with lower points required to reach the target. You're welcome. That goes to FC as well....I don't consider you really winning this event. It was handed over to you to the benefit of everyone. I'm 100% confident FC can be taken down but I'm also 100% sure it's not worth it. You're just the only one's that haven't realized it yet.

Enjoy the events...you'll notice the prizes have gotten alot better. Coincidence? Maybe but at some point this company needs to realize that its not a bigger carrot that will get the donkeys to move.

Cheers [FwD] GU7 F4WK3S (formerly Famous When Dead Syndicate) I left to pursue other interests.

BigMoney
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Bit late on the results but I forgot my password and had to create a new account.

PackerHeights Top 11 212,250,863 Top 4000 1,261,220,686
ChinaTown Top 11 165,341,641 Top 4000 1,120,352,278
Difference Top 46,909,222 Top 4000 140,868,408

The top teams account for approximately 16% of the overall influence in any given battle
When the top teams caught that virus or got tied up for the first 24 hours it resulted 30% of the difference of the overall decline observed in the Rd4 Battle.

For those thinking that these top teams can't come together and 'Influence' the results...you are wrong. Individually the top teams have a level of organization, communication and 'resources' unlike the others. When they decide to work together they become a machine. Every syndicate benefited with lower points required to reach the target. You're welcome. That goes to FC as well....I don't consider you really winning this event. It was handed over to you to the benefit of everyone. I'm 100% confident FC can be taken down but I'm also 100% sure it's not worth it. You're just the only one's that haven't realized it yet.

Enjoy the events...you'll notice the prizes have gotten alot better. Coincidence? Maybe but at some point this company needs to realize that its not a bigger carrot that will get the donkeys to move.

Cheers [FwD] GU7 F4WK3S (formerly Famous When Dead Syndicate) I left to pursue other interests.

No one's saying that the top teams can't influence the final totals; obviously they can. But everything you just accounted towards the boycott could just as easily be attributed to syndicate war fatigue, as the Chinatown battle started just 11 days after Packer Heights ended. Notice how little the rest of the field changed? Hell, it's even possible that the 24 hour boycott induced more spending than it otherwise would have, because perhaps it encouraged some top 25 teams to make a run for top 10 or some top 50 teams to make a run at top 25. I suspect we will see similarly reduced totals again at the top, simply from top syndicate spenders being fatigued by spending so much gold so often.

HoneyBadger3
05-24-2013, 02:09 PM
No one's saying that the top teams can't influence the final totals; obviously they can. But everything you just accounted towards the boycott could just as easily be attributed to syndicate war fatigue, as the Chinatown battle started just 11 days after Packer Heights ended. Notice how little the rest of the field changed? Hell, it's even possible that the 24 hour boycott induced more spending than it otherwise would have, because perhaps it encouraged some top 25 teams to make a run for top 10 or some top 50 teams to make a run at top 25. I suspect we will see similarly reduced totals again at the top, simply from top syndicate spenders being fatigued by spending so much gold so often.

They announced it, told us it would happen and it did. To suggest it was related to battle fatigue (even partially) is a reach. The top teams can step on the gas any time.

kingofwale
05-24-2013, 02:18 PM
do any professional sports force their players to all the sudden play twice as many games??

Sad to see that Gree chose to go with greedy cash-grab as oppose to a sustainable growth.

It's a foresight of a company jumping the shark.

bald zeemer
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
You should probably discount 20 mil from that decline, as that was random SAS inflation of 2nd place score (wildly unnecessary 15 mil lead over HGS), and FC holding the gap.

bald zeemer
05-24-2013, 03:53 PM
do any professional sports force their players to all the sudden play twice as many games??

Sad to see that Gree chose to go with greedy cash-grab as oppose to a sustainable growth.

It's a foresight of a company jumping the shark.

Yes, it happened in cricket. Now many top players focus on 1 or 2 of the formats, or forego certain major tournaments to focus on their specific career goals.

BigMoney
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
They announced it, told us it would happen and it did. To suggest it was related to battle fatigue (even partially) is a reach. The top teams can step on the gas any time.

You're not addressing my point at all. Again, no one said top teams can't step on the gas at any time, because obviously they can. And did-- it only took a few hours for the top 10 teams to get right back to where they would have been had they not abstained from gold spending for 24 hours. (Unrelated, but I'm skeptical that all the teams did anyway-- some teams which I won't name put up suspicious totals in battles against us which would have been really hard to believe even given the generous 100% attack success rate assumption, even when I know they weren't even close). 24 hours isn't a boycott anyway. You basically said, "I'm not giving you my money today, I'm giving it to you tomorrow." What the hell motivation does GREE have to bend to your demands in that case?

If the cumulative totals for the top 25-50 teams in the upcoming syndicate war are closer to Packer Heights than to Chinatown, then I'll apologize. But based on the number of gold spenders I've seen dropping off the map recently, I feel fairly comfortable in my assertion that it was gold fatigue.

HoneyBadger3
05-24-2013, 05:39 PM
zeemer, consider that there are over 11 million points from 24 hours of free hits in those totals. gree also dispensed 50 free bars to every player in the game before the event which goes against a dropoff.

big - let me rephrase. i feel that if there was no boycott or communication within the top syndicates the numbers for chinatown would be higher maybe not beyond packer but more than they were.

the numbers yes will continue to go down from Gree fatigue. the poor addressing of hackers, customer service and constant grabs at wallet are exhausting players.

i will sign off here. didnt really want to debate the numbers but instead just show everyone the overall decline regardless of what we speculate the reason is.

cheers

M.C.
05-25-2013, 02:21 AM
the numbers yes will continue to go down from Gree fatigue. the poor addressing of hackers, customer service and constant grabs at wallet are exhausting players.

cheers[/QUOTE]

GU7, nicely put and I fully agree! I don't need 50 Gold, I want These hackers/cheaters to be removed. It is a game where the ones with the deepest pockets win, but that's life...hackers just ruin the game!

Leezygeezer
05-25-2013, 02:37 AM
A few gold spenders on here probably aren't even a drop in the ocean, on droid alone the app has over 5 million downloads and I assume it's is equal or higher on iOS. So a few hundred players whining from 10 million, probably even less than a drop in the ocean.
It's really quite simple, you as an individual have a choice, spend your money or don't, play the game or don't, pick and choose the events you want to participate in or don't.
Don't misunderstand, my personal view is that it's become almost non stop events recently and this puts pressure on people, but it's only pressure that you apply to yourself.
I'm hooked and play them all :) but if I have something real life I want to do the that takes precedence.
People used to moan that it was boring, now people moan because there's too much happening

"you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

BigMoney
05-25-2013, 02:54 AM
A few gold spenders on here probably aren't even a drop in the ocean

I stopped reading here, when it became clear you had no idea what you're talking about.

Leezygeezer
05-25-2013, 03:15 AM
Gold spender? Overblown idea of your own self importance zzzzzzzzzz

Tommy_K
05-25-2013, 03:33 AM
let's see

60 ppl times 6 hits = 360 hits in a war
average ~500 ip (including downing wall etc)
that makes 180k ip per war

100 minutes rest needed beween wars to regain health, makes 160 minutes per battle cylce

72 hours in a war devided by 160 minutes is 27 battles

27*180k = 4.8M ip total max in best case withouth using gold
that wouldn't have gotten you close to top 25 :P

*note this is asuming all 60 members will be online for every single war during the 3 days

Skunkworx
05-25-2013, 04:38 AM
To anyone who spends serious cash on this game take a read below. This is taken from ngmoco's blog a company that ran a few very similar games to CC, I played 2 of them spent a very small amount of cash on them but eventually I lost interest.

Important Service Announcement for We Rule, GodFinger, Touch Pets Cats & Touch Pets Dogs 2

Players,

On March 31, 2013, we will end support and service for the following ngmoco:) products: We Rule, GodFinger, Touch Pets Cats, and Touch Pets Dogs 2. When service ends, these server-based games will no longer be available for play.

These games will be removed from the App Store and Google Play on February 1, 2013 and all new in-app purchases have already been disabled. If you have downloaded one of these games, you can continue to play it until March 31, 2013. All previous, unused in-app purchases will also remain available to use until March 31, 2013.

We’ve put a lot of love into these products and they have been played by millions of players in their lifetime. We hope you have enjoyed these products and we’ll continue to bring new and exciting games to Mobage on a regular basis.

Thank you for your time and support.

A quick search will show you they still had hundreds of thousands of players still spending money when they pulled the plug.

Nothing lasts for ever.

So make the most of it.

BigMoney
05-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Gold spender? Overblown idea of your own self importance zzzzzzzzzz

The first sentence was when it became clear that you had absolutely no clue as to the scope of gold spending that is done at the top.

tunka
05-25-2013, 05:41 AM
BUMP battle once a month same for modern war would be my choice and never on the same weekend again too hectic

Leezygeezer
05-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Sure I do, if zeemer was not exaggerating in a previous thread when stating he had reduced his spending by 80 vaults a month that racks up to a sizeable amount of real money.

But, what about the 5 million who might drop just a tenner a month? One persons 10k suddenly doesnt seem quite as important and puts one persons individual spending into perspective, nothing lasts forever and certainly not a game of this nature as skunk has already stated.

My point is spend if you want and play if you want, or don't. If you want gree to actually do something about a particular element of the game, open meaningful dialogue and start talks with someone who can actually do something about it.

Just don't whine about them ignoring a rant in a forum. I'm not saying the views aren't valid, or that I don't agree with them just that the method employed was never going to work and neither will another forum post complaining about it

dispohero
05-25-2013, 09:32 AM
The first sentence was when it became clear that you had absolutely no clue as to the scope of gold spending that is done at the top.
When we're talking in hundreds of Billions of yen, even if a full 60 members of every single one of the top 100 teams decided to not spend on gold for 24 hours, its a drop in the ocean.

Dr.
05-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Yep. Terrible. And the worst 1st place prize ever.

does anyone truly understand the meaning of the first prize in the next battle?

the_brein
05-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Can't wait for this thing to start already. We made some tweaks to the syndicate. Trimmed the fat. Ready to go from top 500 to top ten. Easy. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

kingofwale
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
To anyone who spends serious cash on this game take a read below. This is taken from ngmoco's blog a company that ran a few very similar games to CC, I played 2 of them spent a very small amount of cash on them but eventually I lost interest.

Important Service Announcement for We Rule, GodFinger, Touch Pets Cats & Touch Pets Dogs 2

Players,

On March 31, 2013, we will end support and service for the following ngmoco:) products: We Rule, GodFinger, Touch Pets Cats, and Touch Pets Dogs 2. When service ends, these server-based games will no longer be available for play.

These games will be removed from the App Store and Google Play on February 1, 2013 and all new in-app purchases have already been disabled. If you have downloaded one of these games, you can continue to play it until March 31, 2013. All previous, unused in-app purchases will also remain available to use until March 31, 2013.

We’ve put a lot of love into these products and they have been played by millions of players in their lifetime. We hope you have enjoyed these products and we’ll continue to bring new and exciting games to Mobage on a regular basis.

Thank you for your time and support.

A quick search will show you they still had hundreds of thousands of players still spending money when they pulled the plug.

Nothing lasts for ever.

So make the most of it.

a way of life.

I'm going to use the analogy of astronomy for a second.

This game will die evetually... Gree can make this a blue giant or like our Sun, (an average Star)

Blue Giant will burn very bright and die very fast, but our Sun will stay for billions of years....

If Gree wants a sustainable game, STOP PUSHING THEIR PLAYERS TOO MUCH!!!

punawa
05-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Soon we'll have a 30 days lasting battles each month...

N41LZ
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
and next limited building will need to be completed in 2 days at $666million lol

punawa
05-26-2013, 07:13 AM
It's raining gold in Gree's pockets.

archambeau
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
A"GREED" we need at least two weeks for a paycheck most of us anyway.