PDA

View Full Version : So what does the 24hr gold sale say about Gree and its regard for its customers?

groovdog
05-19-2013, 04:24 AM
They knew of a boycott and put a sale up in only the first 24 hrs and not since. Discuss?

My $0.02 is I have Itunes cards in pounds saved for the sale. Since I am leaving the country forever next week I will spend those on a Gree game to be determined. After that I am free forever in 3 games after being bonus last month in 2/3 and close in the 3rd. Only changing if a sale goes up before the next event (ie war boss/box/ltq etc). Then I might buy in the future otherwise done with giving these bozos money forever. Hope you read this Sirius since apparently CJ54 must have gotten canned?

MrTL
05-19-2013, 04:28 AM
CJ was posting on Friday so he hasn't been shown the door

groovdog
05-19-2013, 04:33 AM
CJ was posting on Friday so he hasn't been shown the doorGood to hear. Least there is someone there..

photocat
05-19-2013, 04:36 AM
They knew of a boycott and put a sale up in only the first 24 hrs and not since. Discuss?

My $0.02 is I have Itunes cards in pounds saved for the sale. Since I am leaving the country forever next week I will spend those on a Gree game to be determined. After that I am free forever in 3 games after being bonus last month in 2/3 and close in the 3rd. Only changing if a sale goes up before the next event (ie war boss/box/ltq etc). Then I might buy in the future otherwise done with giving these bozos money forever. Hope you read this Sirius since apparently CJ54 must have gotten canned?

The 24 sale was clearly a response from Gree regarding the boycott since their past tradition was to do the sale during the entire time of a war in cc. It is a mistake by Gree since many were not part of the boycott.

StunnaJ
05-19-2013, 05:05 AM
It is also a mistake by gree as many more will probably boycott the event for this month in response to gree's comeback. It's obvious they care less about our issues, only our cash. So i guess its time to take that elsewhere...it shouldnt take three weeks to get a response from customer service period!!!

Sir_Krauser
05-19-2013, 05:19 AM
The 24 hour sale upset a lot of people in my syndicate. Personally I see it as a lost opportunity for Gree to add some long term value and goodwill for its customers. Instead the company has opted to pick up the fast buck today at the expense of tomorrow. The 24 hour sale was Gree's way of going on the offensive and using the disciplinary lash to remind us to stay in line.

I have been an hourly player since Nov. 2011 and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. My frustrations with the company have been slowly mounting, but the current has become untenable.

I have decided that I will not spend any more money on this game. From someone that regularly spent 2 or so vaults every month, and increased my purchases to 3-5 vaults after syndicates were lainched, this was a very difficult decision for me.

lucky83
05-19-2013, 05:50 AM
I have decided that I will not spend any more money on this game. From someone that regularly spent 2 or so vaults every month, and increased my purchases to 3-5 vaults after syndicates were lainched, this was a very difficult decision for me.

I have to agree that i did buy some because i didn't wanna let my teammates down (shame on me), but after this show by Gree i'm with you.

Allowishus79
05-19-2013, 06:02 AM
The 24 hour sale upset a lot of people in my syndicate. Personally I see it as a lost opportunity for Gree to add some long term value and goodwill for its customers. Instead the company has opted to pick up the fast buck today at the expense of tomorrow. The 24 hour sale was Gree's way of going on the offensive and using the disciplinary lash to remind us to stay in line.

I have been an hourly player since Nov. 2011 and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. My frustrations with the company have been slowly mounting, but the current has become untenable.

same here, I'm done giving my money to those clowns...

Sandukan
05-19-2013, 06:50 AM
An even cursory examination of the financial outlook of the company shows clearly that GREE employees are on thin ice.

Those who made the decision to be petty instead of prudent will probably be looking for work soon. It's quite possible they already knew their fate which is why they took this course of action. This is not the response of a company with designs on a future in this market.

John Bender
05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Praise Allah

No discussing religion on the forum.

wa7sh
05-19-2013, 09:57 AM
No discussing religion on the forum.
I was going to say that XD

Kidkiller
05-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Sirius. if you still keep impersonating an admin and/or a moderator you'll get a ban really fast.

John Bender
05-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Sirius. if you still keep impersonating an admin and/or a moderator you'll get a ban really fast.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

wa7sh
05-19-2013, 10:05 AM
id rather not.

Kidkiller
05-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes ! I am obvious ! Lmao... Just bored the hell out of me ! Now that I got the attention of several , any of you know the gold bonus program and have a link to redirect me need info?

John Bender
05-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes ! I am obvious ! Lmao... Just bored the hell out of me ! Now that I got the attention of several , any of you know the gold bonus program and have a link to redirect me need info?

Just contact support and ask them to sign you up for the program. When you're in, just buy a sh1t load of gold by the vault and at the end of the month you'll get a sh1t load of free gold.

Kidkiller
05-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Lol thought it was automatic , already dumped quite a good stash of cash in game. Thx anyway!

SilentJay
05-19-2013, 10:45 AM
I hear everyone saying "im goingto stop buying gold".
Well let me tell you this from a verry reliable source.
" Fight club is GREE."
Some more obvious réalité we have overlooked

You will continue to spend money for your team.
Gree will win millions.
They have already made millions on our idiocity.
This is only a game
Crime city is actually a verry boring game.
There are millions of games way more advanced in technology.
Gree has **** response times and dont care about us.
A buch of greedy prices.
I will probably get banned.
I dont give a rats ass.
I spent 2700 euros on this game.
I wont spend another cent..

These are all facts that we have seriously overlooked...
Good luck to you all. Im out....

Lurker
05-19-2013, 11:18 AM
"The way I see it for every one of you that leaves a new one replaces you."

Exactly - and some of them will be heavy gold spenders too.

The way I see it - enjoy the game while it tickles your fancy; spend what you can afford; leave or take a break if it's not fun anymore.

John Bender
05-19-2013, 11:26 AM
"The way I see it for every one of you that leaves a new one replaces you."

Exactly - and some of them will be heavy gold spenders too.

The way I see it - enjoy the game while it tickles your fancy; spend what you can afford; leave or take a break if it's not fun anymore.

I thought lurkers only read the forum and never posted on them. Or am I mistaken?

Ramshutu
05-19-2013, 11:45 AM
There are two reasons this Gold sale has been as it is:

1.) It is not a result of the Boycott.

If it is not a result of the Boycott, the only reason that this sale would not extend over the entire event is that Gree have understood a significant number of purchases are made on the second and final day, and have decided to try and see if the players will buy at full price out of desperation and panic.

2.) It is a result of the boycott.

In this case, it means that Gree's first thought when faced with a large number of spending players being incredibly frustrated with game management is not "how can we get these players back on side" but instead is "what is the easiest way we can keep making money".

It is really irrelevant which reason is the true cause of this Gold sale, but either way speaks volumes about the direction and attitude of the product management team here.

cooch
05-19-2013, 12:38 PM
There are two reasons this Gold sale has been as it is:

1.) It is not a result of the Boycott.

If it is not a result of the Boycott, the only reason that this sale would not extend over the entire event is that Gree have understood a significant number of purchases are made on the second and final day, and have decided to try and see if the players will buy at full price out of desperation and panic.

2.) It is a result of the boycott.

In this case, it means that Gree's first thought when faced with a large number of spending players being incredibly frustrated with game management is not "how can we get these players back on side" but instead is "what is the easiest way we can keep making money".

It is really irrelevant which reason is the true cause of this Gold sale, but either way speaks volumes about the direction and attitude of the product management team here.

Oh but Ram it is relevant. Had the teams not prewarned and let it happen we would have seen if the one day sale was premeditated and another business decision to see how much we suckers spend or will spend. Just as MW and CC being fought same weekend is another business experiment. Seems the execs want 'proof' not experience/common sense. Like the time they went back to cheapo crates for one week to test whether we dingbats spend gold regardless of pixel rewards.

Thus you will never know if your disruption in use resulted in retaliation. In fact it would have been far better for a Saturday morning call to the powers to be after eliminating technical issues WTF was going on with usage and Top 100. Might have even offered a panic 40%.

Next time use the actions and not the prewarn words. Words are usually cheap but in this case perhaps costly to folks. Fact of matter is the business model is not sustainable. Can't rely on 20% bringing 80% of sales in the internet industry long term. Your disruption forced the point now rather than later. Will be interesting to see what changes they must roll out to become more attractive to all players that will spend some money.

cooch
05-19-2013, 01:34 PM
It's too bad that app companies get to recognize purchases as sales when bought and not when spent like brick and mortars for gift cards. Then life would get interesting.

OneHoop
05-19-2013, 02:03 PM
As soon as I heard about the 24-hour gold ban, my first thought was that it would be an interesting play from gree to have a 24 hour gold sale. I had hoped for a 40% sale, but what the hay.

Two things about this: 1) I had understood that the 24-hour gold ban was a ban from spending in-game during the first 24 hours of the game. Something which I'm not sure they even track. 2) the gold sale started before the start of battle, so you could buy gold on sale before the battle started and not technically be breaking the ban?

Even if there was sufficient solidarity to not buy any gold next month, upper level players have plenty on hand to spend. I try to limit my purchases because I feel that I'm close to quitting anyway...or taking a hiatus or whatever, but I've also never purchased a vault and am not even close to qualified for the gold bonus program. My syndicate has chosen to limit involvement in this battle to limit burn-out and to help out the MW players, but I've spent my free-50 at least. The LE money buildings are great, however... if there was another 40% off sale, I might buy enough to last for the next 3 months instead of buying it so piecemeal.

I was wondering if you could make money off of an app that takes in-app purchases to softly coo:
"Your money makes you better than everyone else."
"You are superior to those around you."
"Other people are here to serve your will."

What do you think? Would that be a high earner? Should I limit it to $10/affirmation or is that too low a cost of entry?

Gree(N),
M@

Mebius Killer
05-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Conspiracy I say?

Kcimz00
05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
This was just gree proving that once again they are smarter then you all... true it may be a bad business practice... but how many of you idiots that started a boycott ended up buyying gold within the first 24 hours... for future reference boycotting gold for 24 hours does nothing and gree knew it. If you are going to do a boycott dont buy gold completely. Anyone that spends more gold then they can afford is a shame to human society... if your monthly budget was 400 $... and they do wars every 2 weeks spend 200... dont be stupid and spend 800 $... increasing the events will also increase the rate which you increase your stats but yet no one mentioned this.

Gree - 1. Boycotters - 0 & Trolled

There are pros with every con... anyone that spends double the money then they use to is dumb. Period. End of sentence.

the_brein
05-19-2013, 11:38 PM
One of my accounts has a first time buyer splash screen right now. 20% off. Not sure how this looks.

groovdog
05-20-2013, 09:16 AM
The way I see it for every one of you that leaves a new one replaces you.

In addition, since developers are working hard delivering new content all the time, more people who swear they will leave...end up staying right here.

Looks like Gree will do fine and there employees are making the right decisions.

WAY TO GO GREE!Dude you are so wrong its funny or are just trolling for giggles. Not many new players coming into these games. Take it from one who did. Prior to statflation you had to be happy with 3rd rate citizen (I was 25k atk going into 2nd war). Now you can get to 2nd tier status (120K going into this war 6 weeks later) if you spend enough. I dont think people are jumping on the bandwagon much any more, but I could be wrong. If they stop at the forums I think they might think twice.

Lurker
05-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Lol, you're not mistaken. I still read more than I post.