PDA

View Full Version : Question For Sirius

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 05:53 PM
How many infractions/warnings does it take to get a ban? I was gone for like 3 hours and when I came back I had 3 PMs from you. There wasn't a quick reply option so I just decided to post the question out here in the open.

I do want to thank you though for giving out warnings unlike CJ54 who will just straight up ban you, no warning whatsoever.

Please reply.

Thanks,

Dirk Diggler

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Sirius has taken a more respectful approach. We all thank Sirius for that.

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Sirius has taken a more respectful approach. We all thank Sirius for that.

Which is why Sirius should replace CJ54. CJ54 shows no mercy when banning people, Sirius is nice enough to give us warnings and I respect him(Yea that's right, a troll said he respects the mod) for that.

Mebius Killer
05-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Guys I just activated my account. And why can't I make new threads? I don't think I was attacked by admins. Or something else I was missing? Please advise. I just got in.

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Guys I just activated my account. And why can't I make new threads? I don't think I was attacked by admins. Or something else I was missing? Please advise. I just got in.

Technically, you're supposed to have 10 posts to start a thread but it took me like 25-30 to start one.

Mebius Killer
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh thnxs. I guess I should've known this.

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:11 PM
You just joined the forum, you're not supposed to know much.

Just remember, odds are you won't be able to start a thread when you get post #10 even though you're supposed to already have the ability to do so when that happens.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
I can confirm there is a posting requirement before starting a thread. It is designed to prevent spamming of advertisements that is prevalent in other forums ( international brands that run many forums had this problem... Same approach )

Mebius Killer
05-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Anyways how many admins are out there anyways?

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Avoiding the spamming of advertising by putting a post limit hasn't really been effective, it's been just the opposite. Back then, when your first post could be a thread, that's exactly what the spammers did. They started a thread with their advertisment and never came back. Now they just post their advertisment in every damn thread, which is more annoying than having a thread for advertisments right there in the middle of the forum.

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Anyways how many admins are out there anyways?

Too many...

Mebius Killer
05-18-2013, 06:18 PM
what's the point of putting ad's? can the admins just obliterate hem with their super comp science authority?

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 06:20 PM
what's the point of putting ad's? can the admins just obliterate hem with their super comp science authority?

Yes, they can nuke all their posts but by that time, they'll already have 50+ posts in 50+ different threads saying the same exact thing.

Sirius
05-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Greetings folks,

I am going to lock this thread now as it has pretty much out lived it's purpose.

For those that are new here, please check out the forum rules below:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47707-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

/Closed