PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us

the_brein
05-18-2013, 11:29 AM
i tried holding my tongue because I was in a top ten syndicate and didn't want to say something that could hurt the team. I'm in a top 250 now and it's a non-issue. So here goes:

I bought gold first 24 hours. Now i need a little more but the sale is off. We can say that its Gree the one that's at fault. But really, its top (former) ten and their 24 hour boycott. normally sales are for about five days. Coincidence that this one is 24 hours, and it coincides with they 24 hour boycott? I think not. Thanks for that.

I was against this movement from the beginning. I tried holding my tongue. It slipped a couple times. Here's my beef with former top ten and this move:

You're only looking out for yourselves here. Three points you address.

!. More battles means more money you need to spend to maintain your precious top ten position. Well guess what? There's prizes for top 4000, 1500, 100, 750, 500, and 250. A lot of players vying for those spots are free players. They may actually prefer more battles. Its another way for us to get more prizes for free. Gree put those prizes there because its not just top ten playing the game. if it was a pure money grab then they'd exclude those prizes and focus on top ten alone. Let's not make it seem like this was included as a clause to help everyone.

2. Cheaters are bad. No one is arguing that. But lets face it. Who do they affect the most? Top ten. Ive encountered cheaters before. But they have not affected my game negatively in any way. I believe my opinion on cheaters is quite clear in these forums. I hate em. I buy gold and I feel they negate all my efforts. But is my gameplay affected by them? Nope. I've got four devices running CC. All at different levels. Not one has had problems with cheaters. Let's not make it seem like this was included as a clause to help everyone.

3. Customer service isn't where we'd like it to be at GREE. Well, its pretty bad. I've had long waits between tickets getting resolved. Interestingly though, none of my free accounts have ever had problems with customer service. I can't argue against taking action to get better customer service. Except to say that you don't use a bazooka to take out a fly.

I feel top ten is just looking out for themselves. Lets not make it look like anything more than that. You guys could have easily gone through the syndicate recruitment forum and pm'd a bunch of syndicate leaders to participate. A simple copy pasted message. wouldn't have taken long. But you stayed with top ten for a reason. To protect your own interests. Well thanks for that.

It woulda been nice if you included fixing algorithms for collect 10's and 20's, actual stat scores.

feel free to flame, troll, and argue with me.

my username is brein. my mafia code is 823 561 507 in case wanna hound me.

I'm open to discussion. I won't respond to sarcasm.

Q.P.R.
05-18-2013, 11:31 AM
TLDR.......

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 11:36 AM
In the end none of their demands were met, and other locals became highly antagonistic towards the protesters (a common result in all unsuccessful protests, not really relevant in this instance, but just noted for accuracy). Further potential protests over other issues (outside my jurisdiction but occurring whilst I was in command), were then thwarted by other local stakeholders.
-"Notice to SAS", p.12

Who would've thought that real life experience dealing with protest movements would result in accurate estimates of outcomes?
By all means SAS, go ahead with more grandstanding, and ignore appropriate methods to achieve mutually beneficial aims.

Thank you brein, I knew it would come, just not this fast.

budman68
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Why would you spend money on gold when you know there is some puke hacking it for free or getting a backdoor deal on it?
I play and report the ones I can but when those reports go unaswered then Gree deserves any and all negative criticism.

bimmer kid
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
you care too much..

the_brein
05-18-2013, 11:42 AM
hmmm. am i hearing correctly that MW got a 40% sale and we only got 20% for 24 hours? Thanks, you guys really made a difference.

the_brein
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Why would you spend money on gold when you know there is some puke hacking it for free or getting a backdoor deal on it?
I play and report the ones I can but when those reports go unaswered then Gree deserves any and all negative criticism.

same reason you pay for a movie even though you can get it for free illegally. I also report what I can. And there really isnt nothing wrong with supporting a game you really enjoy.

bimmer kid
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/seaPPPP/cheating_zps48c9b3a2.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/seaPPPP/media/cheating_zps48c9b3a2.jpg.html)

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 11:44 AM
40% for 24 hours, then a 20% for a few days.

HenryVIII
05-18-2013, 11:52 AM
And you are pissed at top 10 teams? Seems like your anger is misplaced.

the_brein
05-18-2013, 11:58 AM
And you are pissed at top 10 teams? Seems like your anger is misplaced.

I don't think anyone can deny that the 20% 24 hour sale coinciding with top ten's absence is coincidental. Not only did they mess it up there, they may have even messed us in in getting a 40% sale. I'm not sure how things work in MW, but they got 40%. So yeah, I think I am upset at top ten.

newtonpa
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that the 20% 24 hour sale coinciding with top ten's absence is coincidental. Not only did they mess it up there, they may have even messed us in in getting a 40% sale. I'm not sure how things work in MW, but they got 40%. So yeah, I think I am upset at top ten.
Ever think that Gree makes their own decisions? If your unhappy with it then dont buy. Don't you think we wanted 40% off too?

InglouriousBastard
05-18-2013, 02:32 PM
cheater don't affect other? if the cheater gets the top prize and you are 1 spot behind him... still no affect?
the support is just aweful the last couple weeks!

top10 people tried to talk - nothing changed
i'm far away from top10 but i do understand their actions and respect them. great move!
i'm (i guess top10 as well) afraid that CC is goin down if they don't treat people better.

lolmetimbers
05-18-2013, 02:39 PM
lol what a fail thread. This kid is sore, whining and only looking out for himself instead of the future of the game and its players

Ramshutu
05-18-2013, 02:53 PM

So its fine for a company to try and Mexican Avalanche the playerbase by removing a gold sale, but a bunch of players deciding to try and take action at percived issues are the spawn of satan.

You need to really take a look at who the bad guys are. Your argument implicitly assumes that the game managers are aholes. The fact you are not acknowledging it is part of the problem.

the_brein
05-18-2013, 03:25 PM
cheater don't affect other? if the cheater gets the top prize and you are 1 spot behind him... still no affect?
the support is just aweful the last couple weeks!

top10 people tried to talk - nothing changed
i'm far away from top10 but i do understand their actions and respect them. great move!
i'm (i guess top10 as well) afraid that CC is goin down if they don't treat people better.
perhaps you didn't read my previous part where i said I absolutely hate cheaters. you example of a cheater winning top prize is an example of what i'm talking about. you may not have read what I've already posted in this thread, so I'll stop here.

So its fine for a company to try and Mexican Avalanche the playerbase by removing a gold sale, but a bunch of players deciding to try and take action at percived issues are the spawn of satan.

You need to really take a look at who the bad guys are. Your argument implicitly assumes that the game managers are aholes. The fact you are not acknowledging it is part of the problem.
sure, There is no arguing who actually pushed the button on the sale. Gree makes all sales. But there's something to be said about poking the bull with a hot iron. Your'e going after the one thing gree needs the most. its cash inflow. If you wanted a show of unity, why not abstain from a collect ten, or a boss? Why not all teams sit out one battle at exactly the same time? surely that couldn't be taken as anything but a sign of unity. Instead they chose to go after something that would force an unknown reaction. And that reaction was a negative response from GREE.

Iv'e poked Gree before. And they poked back harder. So I don't do it. top ten did something that affected me. I didn't like it. Surely they didn't intend for it to go down that way. Or did they, knowing they had their gold bonuses already? How can I not voice an opinion on it?

LF Raven
05-18-2013, 03:31 PM
perhaps you didn't read my previous part where i said I absolutely hate cheaters. you example of a cheater winning top prize is an example of what i'm talking about. you may not have read what I've already posted in this thread, so I'll stop here.

sure, There is no arguing who actually pushed the button on the sale. Gree makes all sales. But there's something to be said about poking the bull with a hot iron. Your'e going after the one thing gree needs the most. its cash inflow. If you wanted a show of unity, why not abstain from a collect ten, or a boss? Why not all teams sit out one battle at exactly the same time? surely that couldn't be taken as anything but a sign of unity. Instead they chose to go after something that would force an unknown reaction. And that reaction was a negative response from GREE.

Iv'e poked Gree before. And they poked back harder. So I don't do it. top ten did something that affected me. I didn't like it. Surely they didn't intend for it to go down that way. Or did they, knowing they had their gold bonuses already? How can I not voice an opinion on it?

So because you tried, failed and gave up to avoid negative responses in the past, others should bow down and accept the same fate? I for one will ALWAYS stand up for what I believe is right! And if that has a negative response thats ok ATLEAST I got a response!!!

Cheers To EVERYONE who was busy yesterday!!!

the_brein
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
So because you tried, failed and gave up to avoid negative responses in the past, others should bow down and accept the same fate? I for one will ALWAYS stand up for what I believe is right! And if that has a negative response thats ok ATLEAST I got a response!!!

Cheers To EVERYONE who was busy yesterday!!!

nope. never said that. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. I didn't say i gave up. I just used less confrontational methods.

I suggested other ways they could have gone about this. Top ten indicated that the entire point of this was to have a show of unity.

Coldjoey
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
If you wish to compare MW with CC then I woud lie you to know, the first 40% sale in MW was Black Friday, same day as in CC. The second was on the first day of factions, in CC the secon was on the first day of Syndicates, a few months apart. So you can look forward to a 40% sale in due course. Gold sales are planned in advance with the accounts and finance teams deciding when and how much. They would not change planed dates to anger or appease players.

the_brein
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
If you wish to compare MW with CC then I woud lie you to know, the first 40% sale in MW was Black Friday, same day as in CC. The second was on the first day of factions, in CC the secon was on the first day of Syndicates, a few months apart. So you can look forward to a 40% sale in due course. Gold sales are planned in advance with the accounts and finance teams deciding when and how much. They would not change planed dates to anger or appease players.

If youre saying that this 24 hour sale had nothing to do with the petition, then I couldn't argue because I have no facts. I'm only calling out the coincidences. If you are correct, then perhaps apologies are in order. But I haven't been convinced that this was planned in advance.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
nope. never said that. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. I didn't say i gave up. I just used less confrontational methods.

I suggested other ways they could have gone about this. Top ten indicated that the entire point of this was to have a show of unity.

And what are those suggestions? The world is listening...

A strongly worded letter? Nope doesn't get results
A thread started here? Nope doesn't get results
A call placed to Gree ? Nope doesn't get results....

Now lets turn to what Gree wants... That is profit. To get a company's attention that puts profits over people you need an action designed to show that profit could be put in jeopardy.

As for the gold sale being 24 hours only... That only furthers the proof Gree was aware of the issues but decided to ignore them and take a "we don't give a ....." Attitude about customer service.

Harsh dose of reality but you are just another number in the Gree profit structure.

United Nation of Foxes
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
hmmm. am i hearing correctly that MW got a 40% sale and we only got 20% for 24 hours? Thanks, you guys really made a difference.

We got a 40% sale for 1 day and now we have a 20% sale for 2 days :D

Ramshutu
05-18-2013, 03:51 PM

This isn't a wild animal, whose actions cannot be construed as neither moral or immoral but simply based on instinctional reaction and, in the bulls case, testosterone. This is a management structure filled with people who have the ability to determine whether their actions are good or bad, ethical or not.

Your willinginess to simply absolve such a collection of people from making an arguably unethical, cynical and probably bordering on vindictive decision, again, is really part of your fundamental problem. Making analogies comparing them to a wild animal that can't know better simply makes it easier for you to rationalise your opinion, but has no bearing on real life.

The fact that, when you say "You've poked Gree before, and they poked back harder", seems to imply that you fully understand this, that you seem to fully accept that they appear vindictive, unfair, and ireworthy yet fall short of actually being able to actually direct your rage at them: The root cause of the problems.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong... But it appears that each game has their own independent production team...the KA team seems to want to work with the players.....the MW want to capitalize on what is going on... And the CC team is just clueless.

Need to look into this more, but a casual observation .

the_brein
05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
And what are those suggestions? The world is listening...
petition read that it was strictly a show of unity. how about sitting out a battle at an exact time? that would surely be a sign of unity. sit out a boss event. sit out a collect ten. any number of things would could strictly show unity.

Your willinginess to simply absolve such a collection of people from making an arguably unethical, cynical and probably bordering on vindictive decision, again, is really part of your fundamental problem. Making analogies comparing them to a wild animal that can't know better simply makes it easier for you to rationalise your opinion, but has no bearing on real life.

I absolve gree of nothing. I hope they go back and credit everyone that bought gold during this time and give the extra 20% difference to equal 40%. Is seems extremely vindictive on their part. i'll be putting a ticket with gree to see if i can get credited the extra 20% i know it won't happen. but i did read that gree is looking at tickets quite quickly.

Coldjoey
05-18-2013, 04:53 PM
petition read that it was strictly a show of unity. how about sitting out a battle at an exact time? that would surely be a sign of unity. sit out a boss event. sit out a collect ten. any number of things would could strictly show unity. I absolve gree of nothing. I hope they go back and credit everyone that bought gold during this time and give the extra 20% difference to equal 40%. Is seems extremely vindictive on their part. i'll be putting a ticket with gree to see if i can get credited the extra 20% i know it won't happen. but i did read that gree is looking at tickets quite quickly.Well Job you certainty think your import in Gree's eyes.

the_brein
05-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Ive said my peace. I've tried hard not to insult anyone. Nonetheless, I've angered some people. I am ending my involvement in this thread. Assume what you will.

itsshooter
05-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I agree as a relatively free player. I said this on there main post that in the end gree wins u either buy gold during the shortened sale or u pay more so either way gree wins. If u truely wanted to take a stand u wouldnt play the game until they fixed ur issues. All u did was shaft the rest of us.

$Heisenberg$
05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
i tried holding my tongue because I was in a top ten syndicate and didn't want to say something that could hurt the team. I'm in a top 250 now and it's a non-issue. So here goes:

I bought gold first 24 hours. Now i need a little more but the sale is off. We can say that its Gree the one that's at fault. But really, its top (former) ten and their 24 hour boycott. normally sales are for about five days. Coincidence that this one is 24 hours, and it coincides with they 24 hour boycott? I think not. Thanks for that.

I was against this movement from the beginning. I tried holding my tongue. It slipped a couple times. Here's my beef with former top ten and this move:

You're only looking out for yourselves here. Three points you address.

!. More battles means more money you need to spend to maintain your precious top ten position. Well guess what? There's prizes for top 4000, 1500, 100, 750, 500, and 250. A lot of players vying for those spots are free players. They may actually prefer more battles. Its another way for us to get more prizes for free. Gree put those prizes there because its not just top ten playing the game. if it was a pure money grab then they'd exclude those prizes and focus on top ten alone. Let's not make it seem like this was included as a clause to help everyone.

2. Cheaters are bad. No one is arguing that. But lets face it. Who do they affect the most? Top ten. Ive encountered cheaters before. But they have not affected my game negatively in any way. I believe my opinion on cheaters is quite clear in these forums. I hate em. I buy gold and I feel they negate all my efforts. But is my gameplay affected by them? Nope. I've got four devices running CC. All at different levels. Not one has had problems with cheaters. Let's not make it seem like this was included as a clause to help everyone.

3. Customer service isn't where we'd like it to be at GREE. Well, its pretty bad. I've had long waits between tickets getting resolved. Interestingly though, none of my free accounts have ever had problems with customer service. I can't argue against taking action to get better customer service. Except to say that you don't use a bazooka to take out a fly.

I feel top ten is just looking out for themselves. Lets not make it look like anything more than that. You guys could have easily gone through the syndicate recruitment forum and pm'd a bunch of syndicate leaders to participate. A simple copy pasted message. wouldn't have taken long. But you stayed with top ten for a reason. To protect your own interests. Well thanks for that.

It woulda been nice if you included fixing algorithms for collect 10's and 20's, actual stat scores.

feel free to flame, troll, and argue with me.

my username is brein. my mafia code is 823 561 507 in case wanna hound me.

I'm open to discussion. I won't respond to sarcasm.

you are 1 stupid ****, be glad for the Money you saveing

Sandukan
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
You guys have robbed us of the scraps of food off the floor.
I know we pay for top of the line steak and lobster but the last time we complained about the sub-par food and bad service they substituted the steak with Spam. Stop pissing them off. Next time they will only give us water and bread and still charge us for a full course meal.

Stop ruining it for the rest of us!

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I agree as a relatively free player. I said this on there main post that in the end gree wins u either buy gold during the shortened sale or u pay more so either way gree wins. If u truely wanted to take a stand u wouldnt play the game until they fixed ur issues. All u did was shaft the rest of us.

Ok I am curious... How did this negatively affect, to quote you, a relatively free player?

If that is a true statement, your gold purchases would not amount to anything significant and certainly you could have purchased your gold during the 24 hours as you were aware of it.

Sirius
05-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Greetings Folks,

I am going to lock this thread down to further avoid flaming and tossing insults around. But I will say this, some of you have made some great points here (and in many other threads) that our team has seen for sure. I want to express to you all that we do take player cheating seriously and it is a TOP priority for us here at GREE.

Please keep reporting them and we will keep banning as we go. Thank you.

One last bit, please check out and abide by the forum rules below:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47707-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*