PDA

View Full Version : The frustration is greater than the addicition

-War Priest
05-18-2013, 07:34 AM
When the frustration is greater than the addiction this is the kiss of death. I stated in another post that the cycle of the dog chasing his tail is where Gree is at. Meaning that they can't fix one problem fast enough before another one come along. The frustration with hackers, non answered tickets, gold screw up, 3 hit glitch and losing to opponents who are 600,000 points less has caused me take stock of where I am at. I have spent enough money on this game to buy a new car, this game is highly addictive and was a great escape from the pressures of real life. But when the escape becomes a headache and source of frustration I have to question why put myself through it. The problem lies in that I have invested money, time and engergy into this product and am hopeful that one day Gree will fix the problems but I don't see it happening so the frustration has become greater than the aaddiction of the game. I honestly don't know what I will do quit, take time off, or keep playing. I do know one thing that im not alone and if Gree has ears let them hear what I'm saying because the frustration is real and many will come to the same place I'm at. No threats, No demands, just the Truth. Amen, War Priest

possum
05-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I agree. I think the entire "free to play" premise is an utter sham to begin with and frankly the entire characterization of these types of games has become extremely fatiguing for me. I may have not spent anywhere near your level, but it never ends. This game is like Amway or a Ponzi scheme; the bottom will eventually collapse sooner or later the more pressure they put on.

SevenO9
05-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Amen brother. Well spoken. Nothing to add.

The Mole
05-18-2013, 07:44 AM
I won't say it. I will ask, even if things were perfect tomorrow, would it still be worth the cost? In a word, the answer is NO. Knowing that, why wait? It'll never get better. It'll only continue to degenerate and erode. You'll spend real money for nothing. Let it go. The answer is clear.

Poopenshire
05-18-2013, 07:50 AM
I won't say it. I will ask, even if things were perfect tomorrow, would it still be worth the cost? In a word, the answer is NO. Knowing that, why wait? It'll never get better. It'll only continue to degenerate and erode. You'll spend real money for nothing. Let it go. The answer is clear.

I second this vote/comment. hence why my last months bonus is the only gold I have and only gold I spend from here on out.

possum
05-18-2013, 07:54 AM
This game was a lot better when we could play at our leisure.

Now, it's giant rat race, a hamster wheel you feel compelled to step on less you fall behind. The dynamics of the shift, whenever that happened long ago, sucks.

2nd dan
05-18-2013, 08:01 AM
I hear you we are inside the top 25 getting matched with factions out of the top 4000 we aren't getting very good wd points 200 max our lead from our competitors is being wasted (you think well nice one just wasted all that for nothing iv still not received my gold bonuses sent ticked and all I get is a reply "its being passed on to our bonuses team." Still no reply

Iv tried to purchase two vaults iv been charged by iTunes for them but have not been credited to my account I certainly am frustrated with this game but for some reason can't put it down I'm addicted but the fact I don't get answered or issues resolved is making it easier and easier to buy less gold and put the game down! Just hope gree realise before its to late...

glitters
05-18-2013, 08:07 AM
You've put in too much money to just stop. If I were you, I'd keep going indefinitely.

Rough Neck
05-18-2013, 08:09 AM
I needed to borrow this sentence from PJ,

THE CHOICE IS YOURS, THEREFORE STOP COMPLAINING !!!

Peppers
05-18-2013, 08:09 AM
When the frustration is greater than the addiction this is the kiss of death. I stated in another post that the cycle of the dog chasing his tail is where Gree is at. Meaning that they can't fix one problem fast enough before another one come along. The frustration with hackers, non answered tickets, gold screw up, 3 hit glitch and losing to opponents who are 600,000 points less has caused me take stock of where I am at. I have spent enough money on this game to buy a new car, this game is highly addictive and was a great escape from the pressures of real life. But when the escape becomes a headache and source of frustration I have to question why put myself through it. The problem lies in that I have invested money, time and engergy into this product and am hopeful that one day Gree will fix the problems but I don't see it happening so the frustration has become greater than the aaddiction of the game. I honestly don't know what I will do quit, take time off, or keep playing. I do know one thing that im not alone and if Gree has ears let them hear what I'm saying because the frustration is real and many will come to the same place I'm at. No threats, No demands, just the Truth. Amen, War Priest

Agree 100%. This exactly where I am at with MW. The game is broken and Gree doesn't seem to know how to fix it.

The Mole
05-18-2013, 08:16 AM
I needed to borrow this sentence from PJ,THE CHOICE IS YOURS, THEREFORE STOP COMPLAINING !!!These people aren't complaining or whining. They've stated a simple truth. They're done, or nearly done being scammed.

The Mole
05-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Agree 100%. This exactly where I am at with MW. The game is broken and Gree doesn't seem to know how to fix it.They know, but their position is why feed you filet mignon when you will pay the same price for table scraps, garbage, cat food, and dog food? Addicts aren't choosy.

TripSD
05-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Agreed. It is odd how the win to loss ration is equated. I just did an all out project which cost two of us $100 each to see how this was done and will post in a few. Ill call it GREE Strategy (a novices point of review).

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?54970-GREE-Strategy-(a-novices-point-of-review)&p=765759#post765759

As far as the other grievances; I feel ya but even games like Evony, WOW, Star Trek Command have glitches you have to deal with. The cheater/hackers should be removed not given another chance as some alliances were given after Ireland.

Durt McGurt
05-18-2013, 08:57 AM

^+1
Hallelujah

Selfproclaimed
05-18-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm just burning through what lil remaining gold I have left. I'm done spending. I didn't even buy on the 40% off sale. Some buy gold to collect LEs. Yet what's the point in buying LEs anymore. With all these different events, im noticing more and more LEs as prizes, and not just past LEs, but LE bonus units. So what was the point in getting the " Limited editions" in the first place..why spend on LEs or for the bonus units if I can just get them in future LTQs, relatively free. Also, mainly, people spend gold to increase their stats , get stronger but what's the point in doing that anymore either. With everyone losing to people hundreds of thousands of less stats to theirs. That right there, devalued an enormous amount of gold people had spent to make themselves stronger. And on top of that, you changed the rivals list formula so people will be matched with similar strength. ( I know someone is going to say , no they didn't... They did, gree even had a thread about the change in the formula ). So now even whatever gold we spent to be stronger than our counterparts, it just through us into a pit with people 10 times stronger than us. But I don't see a single one that I am 3 times stronger than now. I truly don't understand how a company of this magnitude can fail this badly at soo many different things unintentionally.

SuperSonic Chimp
05-18-2013, 09:40 AM
I looked at my bank account earlier this week and saw 26 purchases from Gree games listed in my online statement. I look at my profile and see missing units, missing cash, and less gold than I should have. I have emails from Gree stating issues have been resolved, yet I still have nothing. I have begged and pleaded with support, when I am the customer spending money. My faction members are still missing units and Gree is asking for screenshots that they were part of the faction (why don't they know this already?) Glitching alone last week cost me finishing off the boss, I finished 48/50 because of glitches and not recieving my gold after purchasing it. The game shuts down during fights, you lose hits and have to spend more gold to make up for the faulting in the scripts.

I've tried to look past ass this. "At least I'm getting something" is what I would tell myself. But no more, I will either play free after Columbia, or not play at all. I have too much invested in the game to not play at all, so more realistically, I will play free. I didn't puchase a single bit of gold while it was 40% off and don't plan on buying more. I will use what I have and move to free player once again. At this point, I don't even think Gree can fix all my issues to change my mind. I don't feel like a respected customer and I'm just done doing business with them. And I'm not upset, I chose to play, and I chose to spend money. But now, I'm choosing not to.

Gree is alienating their players by consistantly changing things that needed to be fixed first before you "raise" the price on things. What good is spending money on units or events to get units if your rivals list is so messed up, you can attack anyone, and who you do attack you cant get any money from? OR why would I want to go attack someone with stats swinging 100k points in each direction? I no longer know who I can defeat. Even in WD, I'm losing to players with 100k less defense than my attack. 20 gold to lose 2 out of 4? Really? No sir, not anymore.Go buy a car and try to let them sell you one missing 2 out of 4 wheels depending on what number buyer you are for the day....

I'm off my soapbox now and I hope everyone has some fun this weekend and good luck to all!

-SC

Bravo Zulu
05-18-2013, 09:51 AM
This game was a lot better when we could play at our leisure.

Now, it's giant rat race, a hamster wheel you feel compelled to step on less you fall behind. The dynamics of the shift, whenever that happened long ago, sucks.

I agree with this thread, and it is mounting fast. Honestly, I am not complaining about Gree. I understand Gree. They don't want to stop these events, the money is huge. But- we are all beta testers at this stage. They will keep going with back to back events until it is not profitable, at which point they will look at all of their stats over the past 6 months and structure the game accordingly. Fine.

That being said, what I am complaining about is that they are going to miss what has happened to our personal games, and as brilliant of the idea as factions are I worry that they don't realize we aren't playing for the game but each other. The frustration would have outweighed the pleasure if not for my faction.

Which brings me to the rat race post of this thread. The more pressure, the faster this goes, the more we are seeing factions implode. It's too much, and players are turning on each other as the pressure mounts. We have to have a break, yet when gree offers none we feel compelled to participate. Not even money wise, but the time this game takes now is not fun leisure time. It's work.

If Gree would just slow down, fix things as they arise, address the questions and concerns (like I still want my bush Hunter from the first WD chain event instead of being told sorry about my luck- and that was literally what I was told) and reinvent these events at a slower pace they would find us all much more patient and less angry.

I think they are really trying to find a way to make these games better for us, if for no other reason than it makes more money from them. But they should have listened to the #1 complaint. The granddaddy. SLOW DOWN. It's overwhelming. I have never been a "gamer." I am a 40 year old mother of two. But I really like this, and I even think it's ok to spend some money for the entertainment. But not too much too fast. I'm not going to take my ipad to my child's birthday party to play. But if the wars came every 8 weeks- I might schedule around it. As it is, some used to take off work for the start, or the end. We can't keep doing that at this pace. Which then makes us enjoy it less, get less excited, get more frustrated.

The answer is easy. More time is better all the way around. Time for them to get things straight, time for us to muster up excitement. Time to build up, time to strategize. Time to save up for gold to spend on war. I wonder if they think sometimes that if they don't ouch we will lose interest. Maybe we should make it clear more time will foster more interest. We won't feel pushed or forced. Most people not at the top are not complaining about the amount of money spent- we don't spend tons anyway. Maybe instead of the Cartel, where the focus is on not spending money, we need to bring it to them another way. Why not start participating in every other event? And I mean the whole buildup too. When the next one comes out, maybe we shouldn't do the LTE, the boss event, the ? Event, and the war.

Not as a punishment to gree, but as a way to say look- this is what works for us. Not with angry posts to gree, but to show them what we are saying is common sense and we won't lose interest- and maybe even we will all relax and have fun again. Maybe we should quit plowing ahead and give them the time to answer us, our tickets, our concerns. Just some thoughts.

possum
05-18-2013, 09:53 AM
The mechanics of this game is like a microcosm into the laws of diminishing returns, hyper inflation, pyramid schemes, greed, status and gambler's anonymous all rolled up into a miniature, virtual world.

A person studying economics in college could write a paper on this game.

The Mole
05-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Gree doesn't care. When a person lies to you over and over, when they avoid answering your questions, they are using you. Gree doesn't care, you do. Gree will take $5.00 or $5,000; they just want your money. As long as you give them your money, they'll give you THE BUSINESS.

You're being scammed, day after day, you're allowing THEM to scam you. The factions (with the social aspect) allow you to be scammed easier. You would have stopped, if it were not for your faction. In your deluded, twisted, illogical mind; you have come to believe that you know the strangers in your faction.

You call them "friends". Its the 21st century idea of a 'friend". You have no idea what is lurking in that faction. It could be filled with sexual offenders, child molesters, scam artists, sexual perverts, children, even aliens; you don't know them, yet you call them friend.

Gree has you dancing to their tune. You can't continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. Gree has your number, and you can't break the chains they've placed on you.

Its simple, just stop. You don't know those strangers, and if you ever met them, you'd probaly only want to interact with two or three of them, at most.

No, it isn't about threats or demands. The ones that you are trying to comminiacte with aren't listening, because they just don't care. It'll never get better, yet you keep holding out hope. Why?

-War Priest
05-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Zulu very well said.. + 1

No threats, no demands just listen to what we are saying..

-War Priest
05-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Gree doesn't care. When a person lies to you over and over, when they avoid answering your questions, they are using you. Gree doesn't care, you do. Gree will take $5.00 or $5,000; they just want your money. As long as you give them your money, they'll give you THE BUSINESS.

You're being scammed, day after day, you're allowing THEM to scam you. The factions (with the social aspect) allow you to be scammed easier. You would have stopped, if it were for your faction. In your deluded, twisted, illogical mind; you have come to believe that you know the strangers in your faction.

Gree has you dancing to their tune. You can't continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. Gree has your number, and you can't break the chains they've placed on you.

Its simple, just stop. You don't know those strangers, and if you ever met them, you'd probaly only want to interact with two or thre eof them, at most.

Your writing is familiar to me... People are free to spend there money anyway they want, PJ told his wife to mind her own business when it came his money. I agree with Zulu they need to slow down and fix the game and spread out the events so that the game we once enjoyed becomes that again and not a job or task as it is now.

The Mole
05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Your writing is familiar to me... People are free to spend there money anyway they want, PJ told his wife to mind her own business when it came his money. I agree with Zulu they need to slow down and fix the game and spread out the events so that the game we once enjoyed becomes that again and not a job or task as it is now.

Do you think they don't know what players want and desire? Frankly, I don't care. I'm just expressing an opinion. People are free to ignore it. I've made my decision, and I'm content with my choice.

What if they went bankrupt next week? What if they shut it down? What if the government shut them down? Sometimes you don't get to make a choice. In fact, most of life is dealing with the choices others make for you.

Addicts can come up with a million reasons to not break their addcition. Enablers come up with a million and one reasons why they aren't enabling their addict.

Rough Neck
05-18-2013, 10:20 AM
These people aren't complaining or whining. They've stated a simple truth. They're done, or nearly done being scammed.

Yep, the truth and PJ advise is very true and correct, THE CHOICE IS YOURS

Muse_boa
05-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Well said warpriest. And also bravo zulu: maybe you should post it as a petition because i would like to sign it and i think a lot of other players as well.

Poppa
05-18-2013, 11:27 AM
You guys should have joined our free war challenge. Then all this sh it wouldnt even matter. First time not buying gold and it feels great!

Rough Neck
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
You guys should have joined our free war challenge. Then all this sh it wouldnt even matter. First time not buying gold and it feels great!

Yes, it does feel great and we must thank you to those who is paying for us to play for free,lol

The funny thing is there is a guy started a thread claiming he is not going to used a single gold but his faction is at the top with 39 million in 24 hours, more than last WD, and he is the Ms Drama Queen of this forum, GUESS WHO ???

Fl@sh
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, it does feel great and we must thank you to those who is paying for us to play for free,lol

The funny thing is there is a guy started a thread claiming he is not going to used a single gold but his faction is at the top with 39 million in 24 hours, more than last WD, and he is the Ms Drama Queen of this forum, GUESS WHO ???Maybe you should get your facts straight first.... Check our roster again.

-War Priest
05-18-2013, 12:52 PM

The funny thing is there is a guy started a thread claiming he is not going to used a single gold but his faction is at the top with 39 million in 24 hours, more than last WD, and he is the Ms Drama Queen of this forum, GUESS WHO ???

You have alot to learn grasshopper.. lol.. Go back and re-read my post, never did I say anything that you acuse me of. I am stating the truth about where alot of people are at. This is about my frustration don't make it I to something more than that and flash is correct check your facts before you acuse people of things. I am fighting in BAD faction FYI

Dutchie
05-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe you should get your facts straight first.... Check our roster again. Trolls don't know the meaning of facts :)

Preview of What's Coming
05-18-2013, 01:36 PM
When you're getting frustrated, just think about titties. It always helps me.

Bravo Zulu
05-18-2013, 01:37 PM
You have alot to learn grasshopper.. lol.. Go back and re-read my post, never did I say anything that you acuse me of. I am stating the truth about where alot of people are at. This is about my frustration don't make it I to something more than that and flash is correct check your facts before you acuse people of things. I am fighting in BAD faction FYI

War Priest they don't listen, and they didn't really read your post. This post was about people who enjoy the game and want to continue to do so. This not about money spent, except to the extent of what we want to spend knowing what we are getting ourselves into.

More people throw the word addiction around, but in reality it is not an addiction we are discussing. Getting to the point of not playing because of frustration defies addiction. Most of us play, despite frustration, not because of addiction but because we are reasonable and know that nothing is perfect and there will always be some frustration. Your post was about what happens when the frustration outweighs the reward.

Gree does care, that's how they make their money. Do they care about me or you? Nope. But as a collective called customers sure they do. Care in this sense is not about them "feeling" for us. It is they care whether as a collective we play or not. That is what is behind the ouch of the Cartel. I'm just suggesting we expand that idea without all of the animosity and maybe narrow it to include what we really want- which is not about buying gold or not.

Octane
05-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Well said, I have a feeling Gree is going to loss a lot of customers if things don't get fixed soon. As a paying customer I would except better service, instead of getting an automated message asking me if I'm still having an in game issue, 3 weeks later. i was reporting a hacker that still plays. Lousy service that's all I have to say.

Rough Neck
05-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Trolls don't know the meaning of facts :)

Maybe you will never understand PJ hint, THE CHOICE IS YOURS, Gree never and will never able to force anyone to play nor spend any of their real cash in MW, get the facts right buddy !!!

Muse_boa
05-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Maybe you will never understand PJ hint, THE CHOICE IS YOURS, Gree never and will never able to force anyone to play nor spend any of their real cash in MW, get the facts right buddy !!!
Does every thread have to turn into a fighting match?

Rough Neck
05-18-2013, 02:07 PM
does every thread have to turn into a fighting match?

the choice is yours !!!

Jd-fors
05-18-2013, 03:19 PM
I took a hard long look at my game before Ireland and decided to make changes.not because of anything posted here but because I am dissatisfied.i did play Ireland as I owed it to my faction but right after I have moved to my own little faction to boost up.i am still a part of the team but am in the backseat for the time being.i have not been pressured to play or not play so here it is.i want support I can believe in-not silence.i want the hackers relentlessly pursued and removed from this game.i want WD to be a 24 hour fight as GREE shouldn't take over anybody's life.(GREE will still make there moneyno matter what).if my gold or cash doesn't load i want it resolved within 8 hours.apple support can do it in 4.so show us we are important as customers GREE!case in point-cash didnt load yesterday,R asks for proof in the first 6 hours and I provided it and now 24 hours later nothing.thanks for nothing R and yeah I am calling out R because I still got nothing and have resolved that I will recieve nothing so nothing lost but more hard earned money.so...I will spend a couple hundred a month but nothing more.75% reduction while I assess if GREE will take me serious.if the answer is no then eventually I will quit the game.i am 3/4 the way there now.this game has become unimportant to me and the proof is that I made changes to compensate for gree's incompetence.i want to play this game but gddang it, I don't have to play this game.oh and one more thing,if I get banned for this post I could really care less about that too.good luck all,hope my rambling made some kind of sense!

Bravo Zulu
05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I took a hard long look at my game before Ireland and decided to make changes.not because of anything posted here but because I am dissatisfied.i did play Ireland as I owed it to my faction but right after I have moved to my own little faction to boost up.i am still a part of the team but am in the backseat for the time being.i have not been pressured to play or not play so here it is.i want support I can believe in-not silence.i want the hackers relentlessly pursued and removed from this game.i want WD to be a 24 hour fight as GREE shouldn't take over anybody's life.(GREE will still make there moneyno matter what).if my gold or cash doesn't load i want it resolved within 8 hours.apple support can do it in 4.so show us we are important as customers GREE!case in point-cash didnt load yesterday,R asks for proof in the first 6 hours and I provided it and now 24 hours later nothing.thanks for nothing R and yeah I am calling out R because I still got nothing and have resolved that I will recieve nothing so nothing lost but more hard earned money.so...I will spend a couple hundred a month but nothing more.75% reduction while I assess if GREE will take me serious.if the answer is no then eventually I will quit the game.i am 3/4 the way there now.this game has become unimportant to me and the proof is that I made changes to compensate for gree's incompetence.i want to play this game but gddang it, I don't have to play this game.oh and one more thing,if I get banned for this post I could really care less about that too.good luck all,hope my rambling made some kind of sense!

It did make sense. The biggest part to me was "I want to play this game, but dang it I don't have to play." I think we are all feeling that to one degree or another. I know I want to want to. They need to make that easier.

glitters
05-18-2013, 06:11 PM
War Priest they don't listen, and they didn't really read your post. This post was about people who enjoy the game and want to continue to do so. This not about money spent, except to the extent of what we want to spend knowing what we are getting ourselves into.

More people throw the word addiction around, but in reality it is not an addiction we are discussing. Getting to the point of not playing because of frustration defies addiction. Most of us play, despite frustration, not because of addiction but because we are reasonable and know that nothing is perfect and there will always be some frustration. Your post was about what happens when the frustration outweighs the reward.

Gree does care, that's how they make their money. Do they care about me or you? Nope. But as a collective called customers sure they do. Care in this sense is not about them "feeling" for us. It is they care whether as a collective we play or not. That is what is behind the ouch of the Cartel. I'm just suggesting we expand that idea without all of the animosity and maybe narrow it to include what we really want- which is not about buying gold or not.

Well if MW was Gree's only game or one of their few games, then they would probably take better care of their customers. But unfortunately, MW is just one of several hundred Gree games.

As long as they own the IP (which they do), they can just shut this game down if revenue is no longer attractive and remake a clone that will attract a new player base. Rinse then repeat. You get the idea.