PDA

View Full Version : Respect

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Is it me or has anybody else lost there respect to FC?

Cluff
05-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Haha.. why because they didnt participate in the so called boycott... just watch..top 10 teams are still going to spend top 10 gold... delaying it 24 hours is a joke

TenderPlacebo
05-18-2013, 05:31 AM
It's not a joke, it shows unity between some of the big spenders and this is only the first step.
If you notice position 2 is only at 3.5 million, that's a drastic difference from last war. So, it's clear the few groups that are taking part in this and hoping for change have had a big influence on what was spent so far.

Now, imagine if fight club participated in this, we might of seen 1st at only 4 mill points, instead of 13mill. We could all be paying less for the same prizes, all because we found common ground and worked together to have a better CC experience for all.
I would think they would be all about it, as they have a great deal to gain from some of the request put forth to GreeD. It is what it is I guess, I don't blame them for not giving up first, but they could of held back a bit more on the spending to show they also care.

Spartacus18888
05-18-2013, 05:37 AM
full respect to Silent Assasins....Fight Club have lost mine.....

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 05:37 AM
You realise it's not a war-long boycott, right? At 2-3mil a fight those numbers will be skyrocketing, and pretty soon.

Spartacus18888
05-18-2013, 05:43 AM
but its a statement, which you could have followed, but choose not to...

Cluff
05-18-2013, 05:49 AM
It is nice to see #2 at 3.5 mil... but if #2 finishes the event anywhere close to last events total this was all just a joke... until egos are put aside and and the top syns actually spend less nothing will change... you cant really blame fc for not trusting the other syns.. its obvious everybody is gunning for them and points can add up quick.

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Copied from the "Notice to SAS" thread:

I am speaking for myself, but I am fairly confident everyone in FC would agree with me when I say that yes, things do need to change, and something must be done. The problem -as it is on any issue, gaming, political, or otherwise - that "something must be done" often turns into "anything that is done will help". It's the backbone behind endless absurd ideas - a category I wouldn't put this boycott in, mind you (I think it is misguided rather than absurd).

Essentially, there are two broad approaches that could be taken in this situation.

1. Attempt to open some form of dialogue with Gree relating to player concerns.
2. Perform actions that threaten Gree's revenues, and hence force them to take some action ("some action" here meaning any action at all - it may be what the players desire, it may be the complete opposite).

The problem with these types of actions is that they attempt to skirt the line between what ought to be two separate courses of action. It includes the negatives of option 1 - namely that there isn't any exercise in real consumer power, and relies on the company having the foresight to engage with consumers (also, for the company to have some shared vision of what the future of the product is - TBH I think this is our real sticking point here). It includes the negatives of option 2 - namely creating an adversarial situation between the consumer and the company. In reality, companies when not faced with actual losses, but approached in an adversarial fashion are likely to respond defensively. This is especially the case if the company has a poor approach to customer relations in general. Once you have reached this point it is difficult to pull back to square one, and the customers are painted into a corner of more severe action or giving up the attempt altogether.

If the intent is to open a dialogue, then an entirely non-confrontational approach would have been preferable. If that approach failed, then the confrontational approach follows.

So a possible way this would occur is an open letter expressing players' concerns, and more importantly players' vision for the future of the game. I can't imagine it would have been particularly difficult to get the entire top 50, or even top 100 syndicates to undersign such a document, if drafter properly. Then, either a dialogue have been opened or the time for option-2 style action would have arisen.

Option-2 style action requires consumers to actually do without the product - to make a sacrifice of some sort. A complete boycott of a war, or even a cycle is the extreme end of this. Other options are go-slow approaches (which would require actual cartel-like behavior, essentially the top 10/25/50/whatever allocating positions and points). The problem with this, of course, is that opportunistic behaviour becomes highly rewarded. The prisoners' dilemma, in short. How that is solved is a matter of personal leadership.

From a Fight Club perspective, we have approached Gree over a number of issues. Both collectively and individually we have raised concerns, and in a number of instances (most specifically the gold bonus program - natch) option-2 style action did follow.

As a personal example, I was concerned about the poor communication that occurred when the program was altered, in addition to the broadly held concerns. I raised these concerns, flagging that longer term fixing of the program was my main concern in the game, and that without rectification of the more immediately solvable issues (eg, providing information regarding foreign currency purchased, aiming to provide immediate transparency of current monthly balances, etc) I would immediately reduce gold expenditure by 80 vaults per month. I gave a timeline, it wasn't met, and I followed through with my pledge. Eventual rectification of some of the issues (none of the major ones as yet, unfortunately) has led me to alter this. Many FC members have done the same, and the combination of individual and collective expenditure reduction is many hundreds of vaults a month.

So yes, there is broad agreement as to most of the major concerns that players hold. That on its own is not reason, in my mind, to follow potentially well-meaning but ultimately counterproductive courses of action. And that is why I proudly continue to battle as per normal this weekend.

Either that or I'm secretly Yoshikazu Tanaka, playing on 60 devices.

TenderPlacebo
05-18-2013, 06:14 AM
I understand that BD, but imagine if it was 48 hours or more. The point here is that it had a direct impact on the numbers, even if for a short while. As others have stated, this is merely the first step in an ongoing plan to address problems that need immediate attention. We all know GreeD only cares about numbers and have lost sight of who control those numbers.
I just want to see this game get back to it's roots a bit more, instead of all the money grabbing as of late. I love this game and have spent way more then I ever thought I would, but I'm done until they show some respect to the people that pay their salaries.
The time it takes to get a response from support is just ridiculous and is not what one would expect from an app making millions a quarter. I've been waiting over a month for a response regarding missing gold that I paid for. There's just no excuse for situations like this and is only part of the problem. This just compounds the existing problems and highlights how little they care about their customer base.

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I agree 100% with your concerns. I just believe the tactics chosen will not further the aims of the players. I will be extremely surprised if the total spend this war is meaningfully reduced - and most of that reduction will be players who chose MW over CC.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Does any really believe that baldy reduced his spending? I personally say where is the proof spin doctor... Where is the proof?

I have noticed a pattern of you baldy making a lot of statements that sound great but can never be proven.

Go back to feeding your egos Failure Crew...

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 06:33 AM
You realise it's not a war-long boycott, right? At 2-3mil a fight those numbers will be skyrocketing, and pretty soon.

of course i know, it lasted a day

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Im not a big fan of buying mass amounts of gold, but youve got to buy some now and then if you want to compete in the top divisions. However i believe that earning is more fun and adventures.

TRAZ
05-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Consumers do have other avenues...BBB being one of them. How many claims have been filed?

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Consumers do have other avenues...BBB being one of them. How many claims have been filed?

BBB is actually a useless avenue ... It is not what it professes to be... Oh wow... I think I just stumbled onto the alterego of Failure Club... Damn...

Unlike Failure club, I post evidence to support my assertions.... Here is about BBB ... http://bbbscam.net/

The Billionaire
05-18-2013, 09:20 AM
A 24hr boycott isn't going to have an impact, a war long boycott would.

All you've done with the 24hr boycott is hold everyone back for 24hrs and made Gree offer a 24hr sale. They're probably going to make the same amount of money because players are going to have to pay full price for gold now. So basically you've shot yourselves in the foot.

There's still going to be some serious gold used over the next 48hrs.

If you've lost respect for us then so be it, we never said we were taking part in this boycott because we didn't think it would have an impact. All it was going to do is delay everyone's spending for 24hrs.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 09:29 AM
If you've lost respect for us then so be it, we never said we were taking part in this boycott because we didn't think it would have an impact. All it was going to do is delay everyone's spending for 24hrs.

Actually the truth be told, your egos could not be held in check for 24 hours. It had nothing to do with the belief it would have no impact.

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 09:42 AM

"Dignity Comes Before Pride"

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 09:43 AM
If you don't believe that a day is enough then why don't you extend that time?
or.....

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Ask SAS, they were the ringleaders.

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 09:52 AM
And the countdown to double gold-spend day begins....

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Ask SAS, they were the ringleaders.

Deflection. Redirection. Avoidance. ...still sticking to the game plan I see baldy... How about a round of applauds for baldy and the failure club.... ( silence ).... Hello? Anybody? Hellllllloooo......

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 09:55 AM
And the countdown to double gold-spend day begins....

Oh is failure club going to spend double? Oh wait.. You guys don't spend gold that's right... You stockpile it. My bad.

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Deflection. Redirection. Avoidance. ...still sticking to the game plan I see baldy... How about a round of applauds for baldy and the failure club.... ( silence ).... Hello? Anybody? Hellllllloooo......
Yes, I deflected the question of why a non-participating syndicate didn't make the boycott longer. Ok, here's a direct answer: It would've seemed like the most outrageous absurdism if as non-participants we demanded they boycott for longer, and no syndicate in their right mind would've accepted it on those terms. It is for that reason that we weren't the ones to do so.

also:
*applause

Just FYI.

You can thank me later.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes, I deflected the question of why a non-participating syndicate didn't make the boycott longer. Ok, here's a direct answer: It would've seemed like the most outrageous absurdism if as non-participants we demanded they boycott for longer, and no syndicate in their right mind would've accepted it on those terms. It is for that reason that we weren't the ones to do so.

also:
*applause

Just FYI.

You can thank me later.

People hold your applauds .. I am talking to you in the back.. Yes.. You ... Oh wait that is you baldy ... I guess you can applaud your own comments.

Now we go into the bonus round of truth or fight club...

Did you and the rest of fight club go after koralene as a gold hacker.... Yet accept that very same person into failure club?

Now think long and hard on that one.... I know it is not something you want to talk about in the open.

bald zeemer
05-18-2013, 10:07 AM
I wasn't applauding it, I was showing you the proper spelling of applause

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
I wasn't applauding it, I was showing you the proper spelling of applause

Yawn. Question still pending.. Re: koralene and failure club.

TZora
05-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh is failure club going to spend double? Oh wait.. You guys don't spend gold that's right... You stockpile it. My bad.

#butthurt

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 10:28 AM
At the end of the day, your wasting your money on a couple of pictures and a game while Gree are taking a dump wiping there bottocks with your money. (I had to say it)

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 10:29 AM
No offence intended for Gree, in fact i congratulate you for your success.

TZora
05-18-2013, 10:31 AM
At the end of the day, your wasting your money on a couple of pictures and a game while Gree are taking a dump wiping there bottocks with your money. (I had to say it)
do u spend money on booze? that affects ur brain cells.
do u smoke? that messes up ur lungs.
do u do drugs? i'm sure u know what they do to u.
what about going to movie theatre?
what about going to a sports venue to watch ur favorite sport?
how about watching ur favorite concert?

the point is, if ur pocket allows ....... oh well :)

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
#butthurt

I am so sorry your butt hurts...there are over the counter remedies to relieve the pain and itch you are experiencing .

wa7sh
05-18-2013, 10:36 AM
pocket money?
what are we 10 year olds?

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Reposted this to allow baldy, sez, Zora, billionaire ect.. A fair chance to respond.

Originally Posted by bald zeemer
Nah, I'll just sit and look at yet another result screen against a top 10 team posting gold-inflated results.

And I will sit and look at all the wonderful screen shots of how you accused koralene of being a gold hacking cheat, her personal text msgs admitting she got a reset ...joined failure club... And changed her name so no one would notice...

Anything to say in response? Guess all is forgive by you when the "cheater" joins failure club to help boost your ego .

TZora
05-18-2013, 11:00 AM
I am so sorry your butt hurts...there are over the counter remedies to relieve the pain and itch you are experiencing .
#jealousmuch

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 11:01 AM
#jealousmuch

Actually. No.

panty sniffer
05-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Contrary to most people's opinion's here, delaying gold spending by 24 hours DOES, in fact lose Gree money as delaying gold spending 24h logically delays gold buying next time for 24h and so on throughout CC's future. This still holds true even if gold was already bought before the boycott idea and is stockpiled.

The only way this is falsified is if gold spending Doubles in any near future to make up for prior loss and because of prior loss. The proof will be at the end of the war if syndicate's IP are obviously much lower this time but some of the reason may be due to MW war this weekend.

TZora
05-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Actually. No.
In fact, yes you are.

Lawyer
05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
In fact, yes you are.

Oh God... Zora wants to play the "I know you are, but what am I " game....

Zora .. It is time you go slink off into the corner ..find something to help your butt that hurts and call it a day. Say hello to koralene for me in failure club's chat .

TZora
05-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh God... Zora wants to play the "I know you are, but what am I " game....

Zora .. It is time you go slink off into the corner ..find something to help your butt that hurts and call it a day. Say hello to koralene for me in failure club's chat .
#hater

Sirius
05-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Greetings!

I'm sure everyone here is well aware of the forum rules but just in case you guys have forgotten here they are!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47707-Posting-Guidelines-*Updated-3-6-13*

Next time I will be handing out some warnings and maybe a break from the forums for folks. Please keep the flaming/trolling to a minium.