PDA

View Full Version : differnce between mafia and henchmen

Gingeasian
05-17-2013, 05:12 AM
What is the difference between mafia members and henchmen. Do henchmen cost gold or allow you to bring extra weapons to a fight

Tomatoneverdie
05-17-2013, 05:54 AM
**WARNING** do not take what will be said here seriously....

Henchmen can be purchased with 17 gold or you can win them from box events. They are great, they drive your cars & man your defenses buildings, heck, we even named out syndicates after henchmen.....

Pudgy Pumpkin
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM
What is the difference between mafia members and henchmen. Do henchmen cost gold or allow you to bring extra weapons to a fight
Nothing for most purposes. Never buy them.

scott(ST6)
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Henchmen help your guy move faster when you're in someone else's hood. The less you have the slower it takes him to walk around and rob buildings.

zwiswoo
05-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Ah, the eternal question.

There are good and bad points to using both henchmen and regular mafia. Henchmen regenerate health after a battle at twice the rate, so basically they will double your hit points in events. On the other hand they are more "mercenary" (don't know the proper word) so there's a chance they can defect in a battle. Regular mafia get to use your attack skill stat, so if you have 50 attack points then your first 50 mafia get a stat boost. Henchmen fit six per vehicle rather than five so you can get by with fewer cars. On the other hand you cannot put them inside a double decker bus. Mafia can staff abandoned buildings. Henchmen aim turrets. And on and on.

Frankly it's a matter of judgment and art which you prefer, and depends on your playing style. In general I would say a good rule of thumb is to have one third of your total mafia in henchman form. Of course it costs gold, but you can try saving tapjoy. It's well worth the effort.

You should also check your inbox, I sent a few extra, less well known tips there.

minji976
05-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Easy on a newbie, guys.

But seriously, henchman are the best and smug. Look at my signature ...

Droop1972
05-17-2013, 07:11 AM
isnt' there a spreadsheet somewhere explaining the superiority of henchman?

Mike Hunt
05-17-2013, 07:21 AM
I asked this question recently as well and received just as varied answers. I messaged Gree and they responded saying henchmen are nothing more than an additional mafia member. A means of reaching 500 without adding real people. Said another way, another approach to milk you for real money. There is no benefit (per Gree support) aside from this

AFed
05-17-2013, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't take anything anyone says seriously on here. I would PM Lupo as his understanding of in-game mechanics is second to none.

bald zeemer
05-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Lupo is banned, perhaps if you PM his good friend Lupo. he'll be able to help instead.

HenryVIII
05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't take anything anyone says seriously on here. I would PM Lupo as his understanding of in-game mechanics is second to none.

Maybe second to Bala's