PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Query

VSH
05-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Wow, I can now Post Threads, happy days....

I'm sure the more experienced forum members will yawn, troll, "whatever", etc but I'll ask anyway.

How does the 'machine' match factions during the war?

Is it based on no.of members? defence leader stats? average stats of members? bonus count?
Does anyone even know how it is meant to work? Perhaps it is totally random? (it sure feels that way sometimes!)

Just curious as faction members are asking me, and I have no clue! :confused:

Cheers in advance...I think....

mickymacirl
05-17-2013, 04:50 AM
There is a magic number associated with each faction called faction strength, and the matches are related to this.

What the math behind it is, is information only Gree would have. I had a quick look at it and I'd suggest it includes all you have mentioned and the mystery random variables that Gree love to have :P

But in the end, we don't know, so we are only guessing.

Dutchie
05-17-2013, 04:55 AM
There is a magic number associated with each faction called faction strength, and the matches are related to this.

What the math behind it is, is information only Gree would have. I had a quick look at it and I'd suggest it includes all you have mentioned and the mystery random variables that Gree love to have :P

But in the end, we don't know, so we are only guessing.

The infamous GREE black box randomiser that also makes you lose against weaker players... know it well :)

mickymacirl
05-17-2013, 05:01 AM
The infamous GREE black box randomiser that also makes you lose against weaker players... know it well :)

Last I heard, Gree know about that and are working on it. It's pretty complex so I'd suggest we give them the time they need! :>

S&H Max
05-17-2013, 05:06 AM
I would add to those factor, the world domination pts scored in the event.

Cause lets face it enven a small faction if you go crazy in the first few hour and climb in top 10, you will get match with top 10. I know in China after few hour we made a 500k WD pts figth we were 900th at the begining and around 60th at the end of the figth lets just say the matchup changed a lot...

SGT Rud
05-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Supposedly the way it works, is that they will add up everyones attack and defense, then match you up with another faction with similiar numbers. If there isn't a faction of similiar numbers at the time you declare war, they will then pair you with a faction of similiar WD points standing. These are the two known and accepted methods. If there are any other variables after that, they really haven't been discussed.

Some factions have been paired with way weaker factions. This would fall in the WD points standing catagory. The third way is if there is no faction in your range for a Gree determined amount of time, it should then pair you with the next available faction, regardless of strength and points.

The strength is usually determined by raw stats, boosts, skill points, and bonuses. It should be the same math for PvP, except that all faction members are added together.

This is not what I know from fact, just what has been talked about and reasonably accepted by the MW forum community. We have had several other threads on this very topic.

VSH
05-17-2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the answers above, much appreciated

I would have hoped that there was at least some kind of logic to the way factions are matched, although I'm sure that we all have and will continue to get some weird pairings.

Thanks again ;)