PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the 3 hits per refill glitch

CJ54
05-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Hey all,

As some of you are aware, in previous WD events we had an issue involving the number of attacks before a medpack was required (i.e. "I use a health refill, and then I only get three hits before I need another refill). We have investigated this issue exhaustively and discovered a concurrency issue that was occurring on .05% of hits. This issue has been addressed in all the games, but was not the main factor.

The other factor, much more visible (but actually less serious than the first in practice) is due to the way the game can respond to quick button presses when a lot is going on. What happens in these cases is that multiple commands are pushed through and processed at the same time. So basically, if you're hitting the button and see your energy dropping faster than it should, it is because multiple hits just went through at the same time (points are updated correctly in these cases, this is verified).

We've seen a similar presentation issue with the leaderboard events in the past where a box is opened, and the game tries to open the same box twice. Except the second time, the box isn't there, and that second message is what makes it back to the player (the player will get a "Sorry!" message even though they get whatever was in the box). The confusion in cases like this (and the refill) is completely understandable and we are investigating better ways to display this info to avoid confusion.

We'd like to thank everyone for their patience while we were investigating this.

Gambit12
05-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Yah, I sent my ticket #553569 through help support from battle for Ireland & until now I haven't got any refund yet...

LeBarticus
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
So what about the times where it buys you a med pack for 25 gold without your permission? This happened to me many times while clicking on an opponents name to see if my Heath regenerated enough to get a hit in.

steveo127
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
CJ are you saying that when we sent in a request for gold refund, we simply should not address it as the "3 hit glitch" ? we still will get refunded our gold, right? or am I missing something here?

At1davis
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
They replied to my ticket on this same issue by just closing the ticket with no response. I think apple will be refunding my money. Crime city had the same issue for me. The ticket on there got the same response of your ticket has been closed. Don't hold your breath guys I'm not.

CJ54
05-16-2013, 10:03 PM
This information applies to the upcoming event, not to tickets previously sent in for Ireland.

People's Front of Judea G
05-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Hey CJ. You don't need to worry about the three hits per refill glitch for our faction as none of us are using gold for this next Columbia Event. Why? Because of the massive glitch in the attack algorithm that causes you to lose attacks against massively inferior opponents regularly and constantly. Why waste gold attacking when it's become a roll of the dice whether you win? Until the attack algorithm is fixed and working again I wouldn't worry to much about the other glitches as no one will be playing or paying anyway.

mickymacirl
05-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the update, CJ.

wali khan
05-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Hi, about an hour ago there was a 20%sale sign showed up for Modern war and there was 2 or 3 seconds left when i purchased $20 gold that was on sale for 15.99 240 gold bars But when sale was over all the gold that i purchased also disappear i had $25.89 and now $8.89. Tomorrow is the war for colombia and i am intending to buy more gold but only if this matter is resolved. Plz look into this matter and let me know i will appreciate it thanks.

wali khan
05-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Hi, about few hour ago there was a 20%sale sign showed up for Modern war and there was 2 or 3 seconds left when i purchased $20 gold that was on sale for 15.99 240 gold bars But when sale was over all the gold that i purchased also disappear i had $25.89 and now $8.89. Tomorrow is the war for colombia and i am intending to buy more gold but only if this matter is resolved. Plz look into this matter and let me know i will appreciate it thanks.

Thump3r
05-17-2013, 06:56 AM
I stil havent got a refund from ireland...

chozzer
05-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi, about an hour ago there was a 20%sale sign showed up for Modern war and there was 2 or 3 seconds left when i purchased $20 gold that was on sale for 15.99 240 gold bars But when sale was over all the gold that i purchased also disappear i had $25.89 and now $8.89. Tomorrow is the war for colombia and i am intending to buy more gold but only if this matter is resolved. Plz look into this matter and let me know i will appreciate it thanks.

Why not just raise a support ticket?

Q Raider
05-17-2013, 07:06 AM
I can play one up you on that score Thump3r :-)

No response to tickets on gold purchase that became a vault of cash one after initially arriving as gold.
No response to another gold purchase that went missing.
No bonus gold from April even though I comfortably qualified.
No response to ticket sent in regarding several problems during the Ireland event.

wali khan
05-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Send ticket 2 time still no response feeling very sad

Captain Steelman
05-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Thx for the info but did you fix it or not...? If not, when....?

Philly982
05-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi, about few hour ago there was a 20%sale sign showed up for Modern war and there was 2 or 3 seconds left when i purchased $20 gold that was on sale for 15.99 240 gold bars But when sale was over all the gold that i purchased also disappear i had $25.89 and now $8.89. Tomorrow is the war for colombia and i am intending to buy more gold but only if this matter is resolved. Plz look into this matter and let me know i will appreciate it thanks.

I purchased two vaults of gold during the 40% gold and received two receipts, but only one vaults worth of gold. Sent in a ticket, but I doubt I will receive the gold that I paid for before the event ends!

Philsbase
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
This med pak glitch has been present since Brazil shame we only get an announcement 5 WD's on, I have been effected for every WD event so it would be nice to go into an event that costs me real money and not have to lose gold......! Attack glitch still has not been fixed.

Dcarrington
05-17-2013, 12:39 PM
CJ is there anything you can do I spent almost 250 gold in our first battle and I'm only getting 2 or 3 hits on a refill and I'm waiting around 20 to 30 sec in between hits! Help!!!

JCL
05-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah, the "hitting attack too quickly," can't be the reason. In our faction we post up stats after every hit against a new player. I'm hitting Attack once, and waiting because I'm backing out to post to the faction forum. I'm getting 3 hits. Between this, losing 2 out of 4 against people 30% weaker (52k VS 73k) with me actually being stronger during the two losses, and the 1 or 2 hugely lopsided matchups (us 220k, them 420k WDP. Us average 43k, them 80k) I really don't enjoy this anymore. It's worse than gambling. In gambling, if I have 21 and the dealer has 20 or less.....I win EVERY time.

Yankster
05-18-2013, 09:05 PM
When I use a med pak I exit MW and launch over. I took a screenshot of my win/loss record before my attacks and after my third hit. The fourth popped up out of energy be to purchase a med pak. So it's not as if I was anxious and just pressing attack repeatedly in succession. This far every other or about Hal of my refills consisted of 3 attacks and not 4.

Secondly I used a power attack or gold attack and my stats were the same as a free or regular hit.

Last, any one else see a rival or faction list with no name and "0" for ally count?

I am a cow
05-18-2013, 11:51 PM
When I use a med pak I exit MW and launch over. I took a screenshot of my win/loss record before my attacks and after my third hit. The fourth popped up out of energy be to purchase a med pak. So it's not as if I was anxious and just pressing attack repeatedly in succession. This far every other or about Hal of my refills consisted of 3 attacks and not 4.

Secondly I used a power attack or gold attack and my stats were the same as a free or regular hit.

Last, any one else see a rival or faction list with no name and "0" for ally count?

Gree has really screwed us this time

Bobar
05-19-2013, 02:08 AM
does anayone else recognize battle health regen regenerats slower?

WI(AusNz)
05-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Hick button press can also unintentionally buy a medi pack too. I didn't buy a medi pack but when I press the attack again button, and a lag in response so I attack again, a medi pack is bought without knowing. I spent 3 medi packs this way!!

Yankster
05-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Hick button press can also unintentionally buy a medi pack too. I didn't buy a medi pack but when I press the attack again button, and a lag in response so I attack again, a medi pack is bought without knowing. I spent 3 medi packs this way!!

Happened to me also.... and This happened as simultaneously completing an operation and being awarded valor. The windows appear on top of each other however war takes precedence and the battle window of the rival needs to be closed or it'll attack or regen.

Dutchie
05-19-2013, 08:43 AM
does anayone else recognize battle health regen regenerats slower?

Yes... we are being short changed again and it seems that GREE are in no rush to fix things. Software company I work for have a 7 working days turn around time from the customer reporting the issue, we reproduce the issue, document it, AE fix it and we deliver a Hot Fix all within 7 working days.

But GREE are in the consumer world and have no interest in fixing these issues in a prompt manner as these issues ultimately generate more revenues for them as people buy more gold to compensate for being short changed.

A classic example of this is the non-confirmation button when completing any upgrade with gold. Many have asked for this, but GREE simply refuse to do this because it generates more revenue as not everyone will raise a ticket.

These are underhand tactics and in the long-term it will only erode business as people simply do not want to deal with a gaming company like this.

I won't go anywhere near their new game, War of Nations and I will simply spend my entertainment budget with someone else.

kyig
05-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes... we are being short changed again and it seems that GREE are in no rush to fix things. Software company I work for have a 7 working days turn around time from the customer reporting the issue, we reproduce the issue, document it, AE fix it and we deliver a Hot Fix all within 7 working days.

But GREE are in the consumer world and have no interest in fixing these issues in a prompt manner as these issues ultimately generate more revenues for them as people buy more gold to compensate for being short changed.

A classic example of this is the non-confirmation button when completing any upgrade with gold. Many have asked for this, but GREE simply refuse to do this because it generates more revenue as not everyone will raise a ticket.

These are underhand tactics and in the long-term it will only erode business as people simply do not want to deal with a gaming company like this.

I won't go anywhere near their new game, War of Nations and I will simply spend my entertainment budget with someone else.

i wont buy no more gold from them i went to free playing bc of the way we are treated..they simply dont care once the money is in their pocket..biut i got one over on them this last time..the vault of gold i got and only got 3 hits per medpack i contacted apple and did a live chat and they put the money back on my card..so thanks gree for the free vault of gold bc i refuse to let u rip me off and not fix the issue after i sent in mutli tickets to u all...the game is gettin worse and worse so only way to have fun now is free play that way u are not out anything..i think the gree devlopers got their degree from some prison system..anyways gl to u guys who buy and continue to support these theives

Yankster
05-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe gree was hoping no one would notice they were being short changed and hope that people would spend more money. Because fake gold doesn't cost them anything....

At1davis
05-19-2013, 09:39 PM
It's not fixed. I was still getting 3 hit refills all day. Grees reply was basically I was getting all 4 hits just I click so fast that the lag was showing only three on the refill. Bs. I almost want to frame that email back. Of coarse my ticket was closed.

Yankster
05-20-2013, 11:19 AM
The only thing I can speculate is the fourth time I pressed attack, my device prompted me to purchase a med pak and it registered to Gree as an actual attack. But to my demise it showed me as out of energy. This was my encounter the entire event. I know how how count to 4 or at least I think I do. It goes 1,4 with 2 & 3 in-between. I've even refreshed MW after and waited before purchasing a med pak. Still only was able to obtain 3 hits each time. I welcome my device to be used as a testing platform for development.

Grant D
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Had 1 attack before I had to refill at times, thought i was tripping but it happened again and again so defs not me. issue is definitely not fixed. Just fix it and stop making excuses. Still haven't got any refund yet from any of the wars since having this issue.

Captin
05-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Please.. You guys are a joke telling factions to quit pushing for top 10... Lmao

nic4msu
05-21-2013, 03:29 AM
The 3 hit glitch is not fixed (and it happens to me a LOT more frequently than .05% of the time!!! In this event I was pur primary scout. I would hit each player, stop to report the information on a different device, and then close the PvP info and hit the next player on the list. I frequently only got 3 players hit before I was forced to purchase another medpack. I never double hit the players. The glitch appears to be more frequent when hitting the same player multiple times, but I experienced it when hitting several unique players slowly as well.

McKill
05-21-2013, 03:46 AM
There is no way that the medpack glitch is only happening 0.5% of the time. I was shocked when I got 690 gold back from Ireland after I spent 10500 gold on medpacks. I spent half as much on Columbia as a result.

It is a slap in the face to say the least. Fix the problem or go back to giving the proper amount of refund gold.

Seriously the glitch happens MORE THAN HALF THE TIME.

Generik79
05-21-2013, 08:37 AM
There is no way that the medpack glitch is only happening 0.5% of the time. I was shocked when I got 690 gold back from Ireland after I spent 10500 gold on medpacks. I spent half as much on Columbia as a result.

It is a slap in the face to say the least. Fix the problem or go back to giving the proper amount of refund gold.

Seriously the glitch happens MORE THAN HALF THE TIME.

Things are serious when McLadykiller makes a forum appearance!

GREE I was surprised to see this preemptive commentary on the glitch, which I read as "no refunds, sorry," and to CONTINUALLY FACE THE 3 HIT ISSUE, nonetheless. I thought that was bold even for this game.

Philsbase
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
I also got the 3 hits on occasion for a gold med pak for Columbia although Gree tells me I did not......!

clinty76
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for taking the time to look at this

Paul Wall
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Not fixed. You owe a lot of people money.

Yankster
05-25-2013, 12:04 AM
The ratio is quite interesting. The first day of the event it happened a few times only. The log was sent as to what gree recorded in comparison to my actual attacks. The following day it happened more frequently then I noticed that a power attack produced the same results as a regular hit. From there it was about 9 out of 10 refills only allowing 3 hits. My thought is that gree recorded a regular attack when the pop up prompted to refill energy. Starting with screen shots to recording video and not immediately refilling and attacking but waiting... I do not feel ootimistic being reimbursed for the losses. I woukd be content receiving the fourth hit or the equal amount if it were purchased. My estimate is that woukd be near one vault.

The Phoenix II
05-25-2013, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=CJ54;763144]Hey all,

We'd like to thank everyone for their patience while we were investigating this.[

still waiting for the fix!!!!!

Lyle_Henderson
05-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Gree posted this Nov 2011!

And we are still waiting for the fix!!!!!

I've asked for refund a couple times and never received anything back despite hearing that others have .... Pfft ... Yet another disappointment and loss of customer satisfaction!!!

No wonder everyone's losing confidence or lost confidence ... But they fixed the purchase bug!!! You are an idiot, learn to read it was posted May 2013.

BigBlueNationAWC
05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
There is still that glitch CJ I don't think it's fixed.

krabbie
06-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Definitely not fixed, you can go around the bug though by buying full health on top of the battle screen, in stead of directly while attacking an opponent... Works for me!

MADCAT
06-10-2013, 04:06 PM
great job

still not resolved

Vegaman
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi CJ, i have sent a ticket and had a 3 x email conversation with support. I've been told twice now, i am at fault. I won't be compensated and its not broken.

I give up...

Calling your customers who spend good money, a liar and a cheat is not good PR. I will not spend another penny/cent with any GREE product ever again.

My 54 member faction went Gold Free this war for the first time... At the end they have all asked to go Gold FREE next war.Members enjoyed it and felt chilled. We came about 300th..So we lost 2/3 units.

So its your loss and you seem to have developed a cure for our addiction to spending on MW.....

06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I know I was only getting three hits because I added up all my hits and even with dome losses from opponents it still couldnt add up to the gold I used

nic4msu
06-12-2013, 01:16 AM
This is definitely still not fixed, but tickets are being closed based on the assumption that it is. Losses for only getting 3/4 hits in last 3 events are being rejected due to the "fix" (my interpretation - not precisely what was said -- wouldn't want to violate TOS).

In any case, members of my faction who had never noticed this problem before experienced it for the first time on a regular and repeated basis in Madagascar.

gypsiequeen
06-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed it but there was a glitch regarding gold and chest events too. id guarentee my chest would open using gold and instead i'd get the "sorry try again" screen. i'm cool with not getting the event item but when you buy to guarentee one reward or the other its a rip off to receive nothing. I've sent tickets about it and never received a response after the initial generated message. there's also a glitch with the stats even after the new changes. stats that had been built up have been reduced and as a raider i'm now able to raid people with up to 100k def compared to my 54k attack although personally this works in my favor i don't think its fair and then wonder if someone with 20k attack can raid my near 60k defenses.
Also my faction was locked out of war when our war page froze on "war has been declared" page. war never did start and we missed our opportunity to rank.
DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM??? OR WERE WE THE ONLY ONES??

ABcostumer
06-20-2013, 05:31 PM

krabbie
06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
After emailing support and getting their reaction, saying that there is no glitch and that I did get full health regen after using gold every time according to their information, I decided never to use gold anymore in this game. If support doesn't support the players but only management, there is something wrong!

McKill
06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Clearly not fixed. Tsk tsk tsk. I don't like support calling me a liar either.

Lancerdually
07-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Gree this is not fixed, you say you know there is a SMALL problem with this and are looking into it but you are sending us answers to our "tickets" saying we are looking into it and basically sorry about your luck, no refunds or compensation.
It has gone beyond the point of being ridiculous now.
Guess ya'll are enjoying the margaritas on your boat someplace in the Caribbean on your big fancy boat bought at the expense of ripping us off!