PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark this! Merging after Columbia... Break the Cycle!

RetroEd
05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
What's the odds on this? Not good I suspect...!

Your Faction shows great promise.

Your Gold Players blast all the opposition out of the way and points accumulate at an alarming rate... 3 minutes in and you're in the top 25 already - and that's just with 10 people! People quickly encourage each other to take screen shots; perhaps they are psychic?

An hour later and you've been overtaken and dropped a few places, but still a respectable position. You start to wonder where some of your local players are. The next shift comes online and you surge forward again as gold flashes back and forth between GREEs coffers.

You go to bed with a lighter wallet but a smile on your face... What an awesome start... perhaps this time things will be different?

24 hours later the reality begins to dawn on you as you realise you need 25,000 to get back in the,Top 250!!!

A quick rally of the troops soon puts that right as you surge back up the league table... That was a close one! You frantically start posting on walls trying to locate, half(!) the team. You try making excuses for them, perhaps they don't know it's started? they're ill or worse, Dead!?

Sadly the latter isn't the case as scores start dribbling in... Should you cheer or cry as they reach the 1000 mark after 48 hours? At this stage you start to realise that most of those new recruits were, once again, rejects from other Factions (and the 3rd chance you gave all those existing members has just been chucked back in your face, again).

Take comfort from the fact that as you retire to bed, with tears running down your cheeks, you are not alone... its beginning to dawn on your gold players too that 100s may have been squandered, yet again...

You wake up with a few hours to go... A half hearted surge by the gold players towards the end makes a little difference, but nothing like enough to compensate for half the teams dismal performance and missed opportunities!

You login in to the Faction board and notice you're a few members light; looking closer reveals its several of your gold players, despondent and biter - you won't be seeing them again... Regrettably the ones that caused the problems remain staunch supporters!

You start making desperate cuts to retain and reassure your best players, but your hard work over the past month has all been undone. You start recruiting...

The cycle starts again...!

Break the Cycle!

All we ask from our members is 50k of WD Points per Event so that we can comfortably stay in the top 250. I bet we will have a good few that don't make it. Some that don't are great and ideally we would like to keep them in a second team, some are useless and will be leaving on an involuntary basis... Or maybe I am being overly pessimistic?

Chances are we will want to merge as its the best way to find genuine players and create an instant 2nd team - but its become clear that we are not cut out for the dizzy heights of those top factions which demand a massive WD commitment! We have seen what it's like and sadly it isn't for us!

We will probably need a team in the top 250 that are sociable, with members that take ownership and responsibility for a fair proportion of the costs by committing to a minimum of 50k (some of our players get 350k of WD Points so large players won't be left out, indeed, they will know we have 'their backs' all the way).

We have set our sites on staying in the top 250, which with 42 members should be easy to do. Perhaps this time things will be different.........

Bookmark this thread to find out what happens in Columbia!

Will we be looking for a merger?

Starling
05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't know you RetroEd but your ad was well written and exactly spot on with truth. Hit me up. Good luck in Columbia.0

calvin98
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM
No thank you

TD-beef
05-15-2013, 10:10 PM
That's some well-written prose.
It probably describes the routine of most teams..

RetroEd
05-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys... will let you know how we get on

Good luck!

Tito89
05-16-2013, 04:35 AM
my faction of 26 has similar issues though with only one or two players, had a poor performance in my handmade faction the blackwater guard where me and one other scored points, the others said theyd help with donations, i left with my one other to my first ever faction, in my signature. im home and really looking good to reach top 1500 this time.

RetroEd
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
my faction of 26 has similar issues though with only one or two players, had a poor performance in my handmade faction the blackwater guard where me and one other scored points, the others said theyd help with donations, i left with my one other to my first ever faction, in my signature. im home and really looking good to reach top 1500 this time.

I wish you luck Tito... perhaps this time things will be different?

RobbieTuesday
05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Top 250 faction, The_Expendables, will be increasing guild from 30 to 36 and are looking for new members, but would really like to merge with an existing team. We currently, have two openings, plus a few inactive players, and some lower level (weaker) second accounts of current members…. SO A MINIMUM OF 12 OPENINGS will be available. We are looking for active players with solid stats that are frustrated with carrying the load for their faction during war, or are just looking to place higher in World Domination events. Immediately following the campaign for Columbia, we will be accepting members. Ideally, we are looking to have members from a single faction merge into our faction. We only have a few requirements:

1) Communication: You must have a Palringo account (free chat app)
2) Donations: You must donate $ daily (no minimum, just daily) and donate all available concrete

Yes, that is it!!! Gold spending is not a requirement.

If you are interested send me a PM, then we can chat in Palringo to discuss particulars.

We look forward to you joining our family.

+ 10 Guild (That’s right we are a top 250 team with only 28 members.)
+ 25% Infantry Defense
+ 20% Building Defense
+ 20% Ground Defense
+ 15% Health Regeneration
+ 15% Air Defense
+ 10% Sea Defense
+ 10% Infantry Attack
+ 5% Ground Attack

own
05-19-2013, 03:26 AM
Deeznuts will be looking for a lower ranked team (no lower than top 500) to merge with after Columbia. We will have at least 10 spots open and other spots avail with the ability to swap between teams so the lower ranked team becomes the farm for us. All we are looking for is active members who can put up 40-60k wd mimimum for the war. gold is never required!

If this sounds like something for your team or group please pm me.
We will require screen shots from Columbia as proof of wd as well as stats page. We also require the use of kakao currently but may be switching to palringo after war.

Thanks,
Own

RetroEd
05-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Just a quick update...

Well, the Faction is performing well, 'perhaps things will be different this time' . However, we do seem to be following the script rather closely...

A powerful start with extraordinary (yet consistant) performance from our top 10 guys means that we are nicely placed in the top 100... However, with a good few 'attractive targets' along the way, many vaults have now been expended and we are relying on our NON GOLD recruits to power us to the finish line...

Exactly half the team have managed to keep their scores below 10,000 which in itself is quite a feat - just think of that stored potential waiting to be released in the next 24 hours! perhaps they have been saving the best to last?

own
05-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Just a quick update...

Well, the Faction is performing well, 'perhaps things will be different this time' . However, we do seem to be following the script rather closely...

A powerful start with extraordinary (yet consistant) performance from our top 10 guys means that we are nicely placed in the top 100... However, with a good few 'attractive targets' along the way, many vaults have now been expended and we are relying on our NON GOLD recruits to power us to the finish line...

Exactly half the team have managed to keep their scores below 10,000 which in itself is quite a feat - just think of that stored potential waiting to be released in the next 24 hours! perhaps they have been saving the best to last?
Ed, you're cracking me up bro! You must of been an English major in a past lift! ;)

General Nu
05-19-2013, 12:43 PM
That's hilarious and accurate! I can take 10-12 player after Columbia if this holds course. We came in 428 in Ireland and have been top 500 for all of Columbia (so far). Let me know if anyone is interested in bringing a large group of active players into my faction. Don't have to be heavy gold users. Just active and commit to 15,000 WD points a campaign.

General Nuisances
Looking for active players!
Faction No. 679 692 373
Battle for Ireland placed no. 428

We have 41 daily donating players
Cash output 10%
Health Regen 14%
Infantry defense 25%
Ground defense 15%
Air Defense 10%
Sea Defence 10%
Building defense 15%

RetroEd
05-20-2013, 09:07 AM
The hour of reckoning draws ever nearer...

Several Facebook accounts have changed their relationship status to Divorced and Med Paks, ripped open in haste, litter the ground together with blood soaked virtual bandages. Not much to show for a considerable Gold investment you may say; to that I would simply answer, wars an expensive game...

So, as our loyal, enthusiastic & hardcore fighting force wring out their pockets, wallets, purses and piggy banks - in their quest to further enhance the living standards of those GREE employees currently living in a state of squalor and hardship - I hear you say, 'surely things must have been different this time?'

Well, you'll just have to wait - theres still 3 hours left and so much can change.

RetroEd
05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Well, how do you think it went?

Sadly the original tongue in cheek post turned out to be frighteningly accurate... the top 15 made over 1.8million and the bottom 20 made 180,000 - exactly one tenth of the top guns!! Total figure about 2,210,000.

Okay, i cant bring myself to look at how many have left, but to be honest i dont think anyone will, so bottom line is we have 20 top players and 12 medium players and 10 poorly players...

Looking for 20 good guys to pop across willing to commit to say 40/50K per WD event...

We need a home for the other 12 medium players (circa 15K-30K WD Points) so hopefully we can use your old faction as the second team?

All a bit up in the air, but if you are interested, PM me and we can see if something can be thrashed out ;)

own
05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Well like my previous post said we are looking for a few more active guys or for a lower ranked team (no lower than top 500) to merge with. We will have 8-10 spots open and other spots avail with the ability to swap between teams so the lower ranked team becomes the farm for us. All we are looking for is active members who can put up 40-60k wd mimimum for the war. gold is never required!

If this sounds like something for your team, group, or you please pm me.
We will require screen shots from Columbia as proof of wd as well as stats page. We also require the use of kakao chat.

Thanks,
Own

MoD
05-27-2013, 03:53 AM
have just pm'd you.

RetroEd
06-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Well a number of you have been asking how things turned out and 4 weeks on and with another battle under our belt, change finally happened!

It wasn't easy and many tears were shed(!) as the incumbent leader made the decision to severe the manacle's that were holding back the top 26 players. Unencumbered they soared to new heights and with nearly 3 million under their belt, secured the 150th slot in Madagascar...

A second team was established - no, not a holding cell as some have suggested - for our lower performing members and new ones joining us that need coaching/nurturing.

So where does that leave us? Short !!

I do feel kind of guilty now as it was me who removed the weaker players (we rotate leadership) so I really could do with your help!!!

The faction is now focused on top players only and by that i mean those willing to commit to a minimum of 50K during each WD Event - it must be that to make it fair. Above and beyond that there is no pressure. If they want to get 200K of points, then there are plenty on the team that will give them a run for their money.

Okay we still need a few bonuses, but hopefully there are a few strong players out there that would welcome the opportunity to come in and help mold the faction and create a fairer and more enjoyable faction without high costs or compromising rewards...

We chat a lot, we have great Intel gathering systems and team strategies and above all a passion for the game...

So, bottom line is, we want reliable players that can hold their own at the new level we are aiming for. We have been so strict in our recruitment that we still have 11 slots available and I would dearly love to give that to a team that's got tried and tested soldiers under its command - all this recruitment is making my hair fall out!!

With 44 places filled, I suspect we will be pushing Top 100 easily and with some encouragement Top 75 could be possible (51 based on the Columbia results!).

Really need people with:-

Attack/Defence stats of circa 120,000
Level - low as possible really
Willing to join Website & Chat rooms
Willing to commit to a minimum of 50K WD Points...

Interested? Then please PM me...

War lord
06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
my God I have to bump this so true so true