PDA

View Full Version : A CALL TO ARMS by Maverick

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I know this should go to the faction recruitment section probably, but I know most of my old peeps are here. Many of you remember me from the old days and I hear from most I知 still well respected which I知 glad.

I first want to apologize for not being able to be here in the forum these days. I have been away since Dec 2012 when events in my life (work and family illnesses) have prevented me from being here. Since that point due to lack of time, I concentrate my free time dealing with our faction instead. However, our faction members let me know of important gree forum events as they still review this forum themselves. For those who want to reach me I still try to check my private messages once a week, but most of my friends know my email. Feel free to reach out to me. I will continue to not be in the forum for the foreseeable future.

Many of you know I知 a original member of REG (Ranger Elites Guild) and that will be where I always stay as that is where my friends are. I still have many friends who have moved on or are in other faction too though. We understand people will move around based on many factors including spending habits and some to be with friends. Some people are in for the win no matter what, while others go by code of conduct, morals, no cheating, friends, etc. Everyone is different and factors change.

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 08:42 AM
REG currently has a number of free slots, so I’m going to make a CALL TO ARMS call here at the same time. Those in REG currently are choosing to play FREE for Columbia.

-If any former member or REG who has moved on plans on sitting out on spending or severe reduction. Think about coming back to REG for one event and old times sake. Micky, Fl@sh, Khimsoo, JP, Cope, etc to name a few.

-If you are new or never were in REG before and fall in the same category, feel free too.

-Sick of spending, sick of hackers, looking for a friendly atmosphere for a change, fun time. Come check us out, you might be surprised who and what you find.

If you are interested all we ask for is at least 100K A/D to help the faction and prevent you from maybe being beaten badly as we are matched often with top factions. Most importantly you be ACTIVE and communicate. We have a 100% no cheating policy. No gold spending requirements. But a requirement is to have FUN! Min donations are 5mil a day or 6X your IPH whatever is greater. We are a democracy, not a dictatorship. Faction is run by multi leaders and captains to guide members based on input.

Tate is our elected leader. But this torch is also shared and passed at times. Leader is a title. A real leader is one who takes responsibility and acts on behalf of the group not the individual asking nothing in return. You find many leaders in REG not just those bearing titles.

If you are interested in possibly joining our ranks temporarily or long term contact us via PM and please copy all to ensure quicker response. Send a private message to Maverick50727, Devin, Tate and Tanner. We look forward to you being part of a historic group of people.

BigD@wg
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
I support this message :D

Hivesy
05-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Great to see that lone ranger shot again, good to hear from you Mav. Is Miner back with you again now as well?

So many people are having WD burnout right now I think you may have a few takers. Good luck to you fella and I'm really glad to hear you're still around and enjoying the game even if we don't see you up here.

This forum is a worse place for the loss of many of the people you mention. Actually this forum is a worse place since the start of WD.

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Yes Miner returned home.

Yes the forum hasn't been the same since. Some left because of the excess posts and useless info. Crime City Mark as much as he was beaten up, did add value at time and left around the same time. He had asked me if I would be a forum moderator but I had to turn him down due to lack of time but I recommended others. Then in a flash he was gone.

So many others formed factions and then people's time went more into their faction communication than the forum here. Some like us setup our own forums for our faction and other tools for communication/information sharing.

Glad you said hello it has been too long since we talked.

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
I should maybe take this thread in a different way.

Feel free to comment or reply if you wish to come over to REG and the FUN side of the game for a while.

OR if you have ever once been a part of REG. State so proudly. Some have LLPs with us but moved HLPs to higher spending factions to try their wares. The list of former REG names may surprise people.

If nothing else and you are a friend of Maverick, come say hello. I promise to come and read this thread even if I don't get time to respond to all. I'm glad some out there still remember my Lone Ranger Avatar.

Tctiger
05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Long time no speak , nice to see you around hope all is good with you . I haven't forgotten the warm welcome you gave me when I joined the forum and all your advice ,your threads are legendary and you are certainly well respected and missed .

Miner
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Can I join? Oh, wait. I'm already in!

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Long time no speak , nice to see you around hope all is good with you . I haven't forgotten the warm welcome you gave me when I joined the forum and all your advice ,your threads are legendary and you are certainly well respected and missed .

Thanks. You are in with a good team. Good to hear from you. I never claimed to be the ultimate expert and anyone who does is the definition of a fool. Live and learn for fools and from sages eh? I'm glad my advice helped you and others out there.

Erkensang
05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Welcome back bro

Gabbahh
05-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Just dropping by to say hello to a MVP, and to thank all others who share their knowledge on this forum.
Have fun during the WD events, and nice to see you around again.

Tail gunner
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi Maverick , Miner & Hivesy - long time and no speak, hope you are all doing well.

Arizona
05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Good to see you back Mav.

BlackArrow
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
The "feel good" nature of this thread is a welcome and refreshing change. Welcome back Mav !! Pull up a chair and stay awhile...

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey Tail gunner and Arizona. Thanks, yes it has been a while since we talked. I'm not sure what faction you are in or your stats these days, Tail Gunner, but I'm sure you would be welcome in REG. Both of you guys have been around for a while. I think both of you names were on the initial REG wish list, but I don't think we had the room at the time. But that was back in November. Glad you guys found homes.

Arizona, stop camping. LOL

Agent Orange
05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
CAI is a rather pleasant faction as well! ;^{p . Nice to have you back Mav.

Fl@sh
05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Someone rang?

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii520/natch82/9f3af075-abc5-4fb5-8944-0d5ee49cd086_zps07bb81db.jpg

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Fl@sh since you were part of REG a long time ago you know the deal. There is only one response to this.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2yod9ua.jpg

Well maybe not the person we want wearing our logo. But I bet it made you laugh. Having fun is what REG is about.

Hivesy
05-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Ha ha yeah baby it's all gone early 2012 :) Miner is here with Mav, Arizona and TG are in the place to be (Been too long guys, hope you are both well and still having fun?) and now we have Fl@sh's self portrait. I can die happy again.

Best thread in 6 months.

Lets keep this going, where are War 'kill CC Mark' Priest and Omega 1980b when you need them?

Hivesy
05-15-2013, 03:30 PM
JMC, warfiend, stricker, Luke7676, Thunderchild, Aidan, Hello Kitty, Johnny R, Dr Dengus where you at guys?

Procyon
05-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Nice to see you post Mav. Also nice to see some of the forum old timers names bantered about.

Baraka
05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Really good to see you back Mav.

Baller
05-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Actually good to see all the old names. I don't even recognize any new names at all now..welcome back

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 05:17 PM
JMC, warfiend, stricker, Luke7676, Thunderchild, Aidan, Hello Kitty, Johnny R, Dr Dengus where you at guys?

Yeah where??? 5 of them were REG. Thunder Child still is with one account.

I guess they all left before the fun started.

http://i42.tinypic.com/22b7ls.jpg

Tanner
05-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Way cool to see the familiar faces here. Mav you started a MWReunion ;)

Lucky4u
05-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Gool ol days..good to see you Mav!

King Penguin
05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
But I won't be surprised that Fl@sh, Ranger4life and LL Cool B stay put! ;)

And manbeast will never come back, that is for sure! :rolleyes:

Devin
05-15-2013, 11:31 PM
For those that don't know, I call REG home too.

-Devin

Jhoemel
05-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Wow all timers are gathering. Its been a while since we have a gathering :)

mickymacirl
05-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Ya good to read the thread, you guys could do a lot worse than joining REG! go REG!

Mcdoc
05-16-2013, 12:51 AM
It's almost time to start putting together another Meet-Up :)

Long dong silver
05-16-2013, 12:54 AM
I was originally in CAI, then merged with REG ( massive credit to Devin and Mav for their hard work to pull it off ). Did a stint in REG, and used REG's 'chill' faction CAI to take it easy for a while. They are a fantastic bunch and it has been a pleasure to get to know them.

Go see for yourself.....

Cheers
Lee

Thunder Child
05-16-2013, 01:30 AM

Very much alive, Hivesy!

And Mav, great to have a positive 'where are they now' type thread.

The reckless, thrusting, high octane Thunder Child (TC jnr) is with REG and flying free.....

The old, grizzled, slightly suspect fella that is Thunder Child Snr. is with BRAVO - snuggled alongside one of the other Amigos (the one without the cutless who sails with Master Bates).

Looking forward to good times in Columbia!

Hivesy
05-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Hey TC good to see you mate! Ah you and Aidan joined Baraka in Bravo, nice, he's a good guy (don't tell him I said that). Is warfiend in Bravo still as well?

Last I heard you and Aidan were going round in circles in a row boat somewhere off China, for every big pull of the oar you did he waved his paddle in the air and you weren't going anywhere in a hurry :) I'm sure you were fully stocked with rum however so were having a great time anyway!

Hivesy
05-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Bronson, this is your cue to remind us of your 'forum legend' status by the way :)

Thunder Child
05-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Bronson, this is your cue to remind us of your 'forum legend' status by the way :)
Wires crossed, Hivesy?

Surely you meant to say 'forum has-been'?

Maverick50727
05-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Ya good to read the thread, you guys could do a lot worse than joining REG! go REG!
It was nice when your were in REG before going to PUN. If you every want to take it easy and want to come over for while feel free let us know, I wouldn't expect any who have moved on before to stay long term. Your friend Taranis is with us though.

Maverick50727
05-16-2013, 04:25 AM
I was originally in CAI, then merged with REG ( massive credit to Devin and Mav for their hard work to pull it off ). Did a stint in REG, and used REG's 'chill' faction CAI to take it easy for a while. They are a fantastic bunch and it has been a pleasure to get to know them.

Go see for yourself.....

Cheers
Lee
Thanks Lee. Pleasure to have you. While I may have gone over to CAI briefly to check it out and get a feel for you guys when we were merger shopping, it wasn't me that put us on the scent. Others like Tanner and Tate got inquiries from several factions, I just checked out a few by joining the factions and watching the player interactions and talking to the leaders. With the talks between Devin, myself and other leaders we felt that we found the perfect fit. I have no regrets.

Holding the faction together over the months and the successful merger credits should go to the entire faction themselves. We are a team.

HGF69
05-16-2013, 05:44 AM
You trying to fill slots for our gold free challenge?

Join the winning team Bravehearts of Scotland, 2 free slots to fill and beat REG.

Arj
05-16-2013, 06:55 AM
This thread is a flash back to last summer haha, hey Mav long time man, like you I haven't been very active on this forum in recent times but just wanted to say hey.

Tanner did approach me earlier this month when I was looking for a faction but I had already joined another and would not feel right about leaving them after joining. But will definitely talk to someone if in the future I am looking again.

I'm still playing free but do miss the good ole days where us free players would discuss strategy to compete with other gold spending players.

Good hearing from you man,

Arj

Jhoemel
05-16-2013, 06:59 AM
We are just missing bronson and aidan and the 3 amigos will be complete again. Lol

Vballmadam
05-16-2013, 07:06 AM
It's almost time to start putting together another Meet-Up :)

You know I'm ready and willing! Yes Maverick it is good to see old forumites come out of the woodwork!
I'm not on the forum much anymore like the rest of you.
Hey Kitty, Marebear, Lulu and all our gentlemen friends!

PS....Bronson,Poop, Micky, Khimsoo, Ryan and all the good lookin', peg-legged, toothless, one- eyed, parrot toting men of the sea have been taking very good care of me!

Jhoemel
05-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Cmon poop, khimsoo, hello kitty, lulu, marebear, scabbyfeet, and other old forumites come out and play

BigD@wg
05-16-2013, 09:31 AM

Join the winning team Bravehearts of Scotland, 2 free slots to fill and beat REG.

Hey HGF69 -

I want to be on the winning team. Oh wait, I already am :D

Edit: Everyone who is battling for free are the true winners in this event!

Ryan5100
05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Rarely get on anymore and never recconize anyone till this thread lol. Lots of people from last year

pelle plutt
05-17-2013, 04:32 AM
Today its go time!

Maverick50727
05-17-2013, 05:07 AM

Possibly. Like BigD@wg said it doesn't matter, if we play for free and/or with our friends, we have won already!!!

We are always looking for new friends. This is a social game. The strategy died when they added events a year ago IMO long before factions. But people can still have fun playing.

Do you play for fun or to win? To win you use gold or hack.

We don't allow hackers in REG, if found they will be removed. Hope you do the same, I have never looked at your members but there are so many hackers in L200-L250 range, they are sure to be throughout the top 250 factions now. Some factions actively recruit hackers, some don't know their members are hackers, some don't care, some had them but were removed (in that case damage of huge donations for faction upgrades has already been done). But hacking is a subject best not discussed.

May the best group for this event win. Winners are those who play by their morals and fair IMO.