PDA

View Full Version : Unfair advantage to Android loot glitch

SEC
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
A member of my faction took a few screen shots of this so I tried to find out how this is possible. Apparently there is a glitch that gives a very nice loot unit with a drop rate of 100% for Android but only 10% to iOS users. I know there are many other glitches and hacks floating around that also need to be fixed but I hope Gree is aware of this one and does something to stop it as soon as possible.

This gives a huge advantage to Android users over anyone with an iPhone or iPad. Here is just one example of how this can effect stats. I do not even want to name the unit or map where you can find it. This glitch is giving a massive and fast stat increase to Android players and something needs to be done.

I hope someone from Gree is aware of this issue and a fix is being done to level the playing field. Anyone from Gree feel free to PM for more details.

HGF69
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Yup androids get 100% drop rate on one very nice loot item with great stats, just hit that over and over and you'll raider up!

steveo127
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
yes yes yes...but...only 84 hits...? and 0 raids? doesn't seem to be harming anyone if you ask me...

I'm not for glitching or hacking (though you know you just made a few hundred Android users aware of this glitch, right?) but it seems that he's not abusing the power at least...

Ranger4Life
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
There is no such glitch and the Android support team has not been informed of any other cases like this.

That is the response I received before China.

SEC
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
yes yes yes...but...only 84 hits...? and 0 raids? doesn't seem to be harming anyone if you ask me...

I'm not for glitching or hacking (though you know you just made a few hundred Android users aware of this glitch, right?) but it seems that he's not abusing the power at least...

I did the best I could to not reveal anymore than I had to and I hope no one else gives any more details. I disagree that it is not harming anyone. It certainly is harming every single iOS user playing this game. 1899 high powered units not available to the inventory of over half the user base seems to be a pretty big problem to my eyes. This is not a big secret in any case and posting this thread will perhaps get something done. I contacted support about the issue and got the same result as the other poster. Either remove this glitch or allow iOS users a similar loot item with a 100% drop rate to balance the playing field. Ideally it will just be removed but anyone using iOS should be very ticked at this free prize.

United Nation of Foxes
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Your pictures prove nada and I'm a IOS user, those guys on droid are still using an inferior device

DME
05-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Given the amount of energy required to get that many even at 100% (over 14m if the unit is what I gather it is) I'd say it seems a little dodgy that somebody would have that many (depending on how long the glitch has been around).

SEC
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Your pictures prove nada and I'm a IOS user, those guys on droid are still using an inferior device

Except that we tested it out with several Android and iOS users to verify. 100% drop for Android and 1 out of 15 tries for iPhone. Anecdotal evidence yes, but enough to be convincing or at least warrant further investigation by Gree. It allows Android a free an easy way to boost stats by the thousands every week. Perhaps you might change your mind once you get targeted unless your have an inventory of mostly gold or even better units.

Bobar
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Except that we tested it out with several Android and iOS users to verify. 100% drop for Android and 1 out of 15 tries for iPhone. Anecdotal evidence yes, but enough to be convincing or at least warrant further investigation by Gree. It allows Android a free an easy way to boost stats by the thousands every week. Perhaps you might change your mind once you get targeted unless your have an inventory of mostly gold or even better units.

tell me where and i try myself *lol*

United Nation of Foxes
05-14-2013, 02:30 PM

Gold army so lets see, I don't see any really evidence apart from what you claim

digisyn
05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
These units shed like water on a shiny new car so not so great after all.

SEC
05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
These units shed like water on a shiny new car so not so great after all.

For guys like you with well over 300K A/D sure it is no big deal. You could wipe the floor with him. But for us minnows under 200K without heaps of gold units or other high powered indestructible units it can be a very big deal. It makes it nearly impossible for iOS free and light/medium gold to even compete and have a prayer of victory in PvP individually o during WD events. It means an iOS player that has worked hard to build up their base and stats for a year can be leapfrogged by an Android player that has only been playing a few months.

jchow69
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
It is rigged, but my friend does not have epic boss on Android.

Domino_brown
05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
This was pointed out on the fourm a month or two ago ...
I'm IOS , but I don't mind. Android gets screwed so often in this game , I'm glad they have something that works in their favour for once ;)

KFH
05-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I did notice people getting these much faster than i could, didn't know it had to do with devices. I get a drop every third time and almost always get two more after that. I can't complain knowing what android users have to deal with.....

KFH
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm IOS , but I don't mind. Android gets screwed so often in this game , I'm glad they have something that works in their favour for once ;) Completely agree, you beat me to it :)

perry82
05-14-2013, 03:20 PM
kinda makes up for the higher death rate android users get

Displaced Bulldawg
05-14-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd be skeptical. Every time I raid for that unit I get 55 experience points and it takes 6 hits for the unit to drop (@ 100% drop rate). If that player has 1900 of them he shouldn't be at level 127. 627,000 experience points should put him at level 150.

1900 units x 6 hits/drop x 55 experience points per hit = 627,000 experience points.

honest Abe
05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Now that's the real problem...

I'd be skeptical. Every time I raid for that unit I get 55 experience points and it takes 6 hits for the unit to drop (@ 100% drop rate). If that player has 1900 of them he shouldn't be at level 127. 627,000 experience points should put him at level 150.

1900 units x 6 hits/drop x 55 experience points per hit = 627,000 experience points.

Q Raider
05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
This might explain someone going from 1591 of those units from 7725 missions to 1730 from 9051 missions though staying the same level looks pretty suspect.

But not having
954 of those units from 2722 missions
2000 of those units from 2843 missions

Gained 1046 units from a maximum possible 120 missions...don't think so, particularly as they remained at level 127 while doing it.

What I really find odd is that I see forum members courting these players for their faction.

SEC
05-14-2013, 05:07 PM
This might explain someone going from 1591 of those units from 7725 missions to 1730 from 9051 missions though staying the same level looks pretty suspect.

But not having
954 of those units from 2722 missions
2000 of those units from 2843 missions

Gained 1046 units from a maximum possible 120 missions...don't think so, particularly as they remained at level 127 while doing it.

What I really find odd is that I see forum members courting these players for their faction.

Actually that guy was only level 122 and not 127 unless you are talking about a different player.

Agent Orange
05-14-2013, 09:00 PM
I would have to agree with the comment about android players being screwed repeatedly by the game so this in a way makes up for some of it.

For example android players used to get the events as much as 24 hours after they started.
They were missing out on the first round of battles and even in the last LTQ both of my higher level android players were encountering a lot of glitches such as not getting targets or completing a mission but having it fail to register.

The unit in question has pretty crappy survival rates, so much so that I scaled back on farming them and on IOS I notice lately the drop rate has increased to pretty much one every other drop but they are lost almost as quickly.

CJ D
05-14-2013, 09:16 PM
I got news for you. It's not just that unit. It's another pretty good unit that drops at 100% for them but only 10% for iOS

Agent Orange
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Define pretty good, my current take on all loot units is that they have very high consumption rates. If you want to test this theory just buy a couple of hundred global hawk drones and watch these things fizzle like this app.

Cameltoe
05-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Let's say what you claim is true, there are several glitches that IOS players can take advantage of that Android players can't. One in particular does a lot more for a players stats than the unit you are upset about. Should we mention these glitches as well? Maybe we just let GREE handle their business and not call out players of a certain playing platform.

HGF69
05-15-2013, 03:13 AM
TRaider ( map not mentioned ) 100% drop on android stars 283/180 low casualty rate
You can get 100s of these easy in a few weeks.

TYR_Rune
05-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Very true! Android players has an enourmous advantage in looting units.. 100% drop rate! While IOS players get only normal drops!

Steg
05-15-2013, 07:56 AM

Hahahahahaha funniest thing I have read!!

your IOS isn't all its cracked up to be.

cowgirl
05-15-2013, 08:22 AM
What's up? I constantantly get force closed on first open,lose scratcher, I get force closed while playing, I show on rival list to my allies,mt stats are not true to profile when looked up by members in factions? I have sent report after report an email to gree ,no response! can anyone help me understand any of this? I have updated daily and stay signed on for 45 min at a time, still no game or no games til days later if I get it at all
thanks !

ohgreatitsryan
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
The only problem is, the only people that would benefit from these are low level and the xp gains and cost are daunting. It's a pretty weak glitch, advantage wise.

Agent Orange
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Very true! Android players has an enourmous advantage in looting units.. 100% drop rate! While IOS players get only normal drops!

Nope, loot units are becoming increasingly useless while indies from LTQs are much more useful which is where IOS has the advantage. Frankly if you base you army on these loot units your stats are going to bounce around like Rosanne Barr on a pogo stick...

ohgreatitsryan
05-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Nope, loot units are becoming increasingly useless while indies from LTQs are much more useful which is where IOS has the advantage. Frankly if you base you army on these loot units your stats are going to bounce around like Rosanne Barr on a pogo stick...

That would have to be one hell of a spring.

Q Raider
05-15-2013, 01:11 PM

Doesn't appear to be the case with the few I am monitoring. Sitting around the 800k area with their 1700 to 2000 T/R's providing the core strength. In any ase they could replace six to ten units a day with a 100% drop rate.

ProCision
05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
This is just a bunch of bom bahia, why cant they fix this game. I feel like jumping on a transport raider and getting the heck out of here.

Now back to farming this helicopter thing on this map we are all to scared to mention, that seems to drop 100% of the time for me.

elpasobuckeye
05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
haha - I just got 4 since the ltq ended...bout to get another...going to level up though...doh, but then ill get another

Agent Orange
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Doesn't appear to be the case with the few I am monitoring. Sitting around the 800k area with their 1700 to 2000 T/R's providing the core strength. In any ase they could replace six to ten units a day with a 100% drop rate.

Their victims don't realize the importance of targeting the incoming air units. If they send up a blockade of GHD's those TR's are going to drop like flies. I've tested this strategy out for quite a while.

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
The thing everyone forgets to mention about this Android glitch is that it makes you level up like crazy, where your puny destructible unit will crash and burn against the scary betime monster whales. By the time you realize your mistake your base looks like Detriot.

And there are plenty of glitches available to both platforms (which I too shall not be sharing).

mgriss
05-15-2013, 06:45 PM
A member of my faction took a few screen shots of this so I tried to find out how this is possible. Apparently there is a glitch that gives a very nice loot unit with a drop rate of 100% for Android but only 10% to iOS users. I know there are many other glitches and hacks floating around that also need to be fixed but I hope Gree is aware of this one and does something to stop it as soon as possible.

This gives a huge advantage to Android users over anyone with an iPhone or iPad. Here is just one example of how this can effect stats. I do not even want to name the unit or map where you can find it. This glitch is giving a massive and fast stat increase to Android players and something needs to be done.

I hope someone from Gree is aware of this issue and a fix is being done to level the playing field. Anyone from Gree feel free to PM for more details.

Not gonna lie I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone pointed this out already... said target requires 6 hits. This person has 1899 of the unit. His missions completed needs to be a minimum of 11394 in order to receive this many of that units, even with 100% drop rate. Clearly a hacker.

procsyzarc
05-15-2013, 07:24 PM
He is hacking or there is another mission that none of us know of that takes less hits with less xp. Or are you saying he gets one every single click

Even if this was legit, he may seem strong now but end game 400k is horrible and he will be nothing more than a whiping boy and he has already gainned all the advantage he can from them so isn't going to get any stronger.

He may have managed to keep 1900 now by avoiding pvp at all costs but once he hits L150+ they will be killed off in a couple of weeks and he will be left with crap stats and no way to improve.

Ho Lee Chit
05-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Seems like both devices have their pros and cons. It almost balances out.

SEC
05-15-2013, 10:15 PM
This.
Hey sec, I don't see you complaining about all the advantages you iOS users have over android users, why is that? Quit crying over the one good thing android users have. Seriously man.

I would gladly complain if I knew of any. I hate hackers, glitches, and any other problems that cause certain players to have any advantage not afforded to all. I like a level playing field and that is all I am asking for. If you know of any iOS advantages feel free to start your own thread.

rce
05-15-2013, 10:15 PM
... I can't complain knowing what android users have to deal with.....

This.
Hey sec, I don't see you complaining about all the advantages you iOS users have over android users, why is that? Quit crying over the one good thing android users have. Seriously man.

rce
05-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I would gladly complain if I knew of any. I hate hackers, glitches, and any other problems that cause certain players to have any advantage not afforded to all. I like a level playing field and that is all I am asking for. If you know of any iOS advantages feel free to start your own thread.

I guess you have not seen the countless threads doing just that. You see only what you want to see.

Wonderbread
05-15-2013, 10:45 PM
First all you other cheater with Gold and only 2000 mission, should not complain because yall still getting it. They hould just do away with the gold period. Because i what i see am not buying nomore..

Tito89
05-16-2013, 05:04 AM
IF this is true, im in agreement, this is unfair. one thing though, whats the stats of the unit?

njemt242
05-16-2013, 05:19 AM
How is this an advantage? I play on android and have to wait a minimum of 2 minutes for a rial base to load. That makes doing pvp almost impossible. But then again IOS getting events 24 hours before android is not an advantage I guess

SuperSonic Chimp
05-16-2013, 05:22 AM
There is NO such thing as an advantage for Android EVER! Those two words dont even belong in the same sentence together....

atretes1
05-16-2013, 06:15 AM
How is this an advantage? I play on android and have to wait a minimum of 2 minutes for a rial base to load. That makes doing pvp almost impossible. But then again IOS getting events 24 hours before android is not an advantage I guess

If not more its crazy how long its takes to get to another base.

There is NO such thing as an advantage for Android EVER! Those two words dont even belong in the same sentence together....

What he said...

Thedogofwar
05-16-2013, 06:54 AM
oh oh what and where do I get this unit? Nevermind it's on any self respecting farming guide :cool:

Koen_S1
05-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Really now? There might be a possibiblety that some (not all, doenst work for me) droid users have a small advantage over iOs and you freak out and call it unfair?? Come on, lets be real here, iOs has always had an advantage over android, nobody can deny that. Posts about events starting 24 after iOs gets them, higher casualty rate, crashes, false stats etc etc they dont come out of nowhere and are made up...

SEC
05-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Really now? There might be a possibiblety that some (not all, doenst work for me) droid users have a small advantage over iOs and you freak out and call it unfair?? Come on, lets be real here, iOs has always had an advantage over android, nobody can deny that. Posts about events starting 24 after iOs gets them, higher casualty rate, crashes, false stats etc etc they dont come out of nowhere and are made up...

If all those Android problems are true you would be correct to complain about them as being unfair and ask for a fix. If I am not mistaken that is exactly what happened, people complained and said that was unfair and asked for a fix. I am not asking for an advantage for iOS at all, I want them to fix this glitch along with any problems on Android as well. Had Android users been silent about your complaints then you might have a leg to stand on, but I am pretty sure the complaint chorus was rather vociferous.

As far as the Android crashes, when you are dealing with Android versions from 2.1 to 4.2.x and every screen resolution imaginable along with a multitude of CPU/GPU hardware you can't really blame Gree for crashes. It is impossible to code for that many possibilities without some instability. The only way to get stability for Android would be for them to abandon all Android versions prior to 4.2 and pick only a very few resolutions which would cause an even bigger uproar.

Richie.
05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Wow...you're really bothered about a small advantage android users may have ... When we have all these hackers in the game which is a much bigger problem for all.

I bet every android user would swap to ios if they could transfer their account across.

SEC
05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Wow...you're really bothered about a small advantage android users may have ... When we have all these hackers in the game which is a much bigger problem for all.

I bet every android user would swap to ios if they could transfer their account across.

Apple and oranges. You are creating a straw man argument. I am not in favor of hackers or of any glitch for Android or iOS. I want all these problems sorted out. Why take issue with me pointing out a glitch unless you are personally benefitting from said glitch and are afraid it might get patched? Feel free to post your own threads about other glitches or instances of hackers as I certainly will do if I come across anymore regardless of the platform. Much better game for all of us when it works the same on both platforms.

Philly982
05-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I am an android user and have never exploited the said glitch, but I did for testing sake try to farm the unit once after this thread was created and received nothing but in-game cash. Also checked inventory to see if it was another one of the many android issues but the unit was not there. Small sample size, but it definitely eliminates the 100% drop rate for ALL android users. Perhaps it is just my device, but you never see iOS users waiting 24 hours or more when events start ahead of android users when the events start late for them. That would in essence also be exploiting a device advantage, but I will agree with SEC that this is not the point of this thread and with that being said, I have always been an advocate of the game being fare for all. If it is the case, and some are exploiting the said theorized 100% drop rate, then iOS users do have a valid complaint. Though IMO, farming this unit with the amount of XP gained and the casualty rate that goes along with the unit is not a very good strategy considering the current LTQ units. Perhaps Gree could fix the countless advantages that iOS users have over android users at the same time as this presumptuous 100% drop rate.