PDA

View Full Version : Merging factions?!

krabbie
05-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Does anybody know if there has ever been a succesful merger between factions, where the bonusses from the old faction were converted to in game cash for the new faction?

CJ D
05-14-2013, 06:33 AM
No
10 characters

Agent Orange
05-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Nope you can't merge faction resources.

steveo127
05-14-2013, 01:11 PM
that's not the point of a merger. you don't merge bonuses, only people.

fofito30
05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Actually the essence of a merger is that the resulting entity (faction) ends up owning every assets that all parties merged owned and/or owed. If 2 factions are merge, then not only the members, but the collective bonuses should be assigned to the resulting faction, as long as there isn't a repeated bonus. (i.e. both factions have a 20% casualty reduction, it should not be accrued as a 40% bonus, but only as a 20% for all members within the faction).
What would be interesting is if Gree allows for such mergers and also if it allows for individual players to sell their ga,es to a another p,Ayer and said buyer is allowed to merge both games into one.

ohgreatitsryan
05-14-2013, 04:05 PM
If they were going to do that fofito30, they might as well allow individual players to transfer assets between their accounts, which would just lead to even more accounts under 60 with 150k+ stats, and I don't want to have to deal with finding people I can't raid. So, no. *smack*

DME
05-14-2013, 04:19 PM
In all games I've played a faction/guild/legion merge consists of players from one faction/guild/legion simply all joining another - generally the one with the higher bonuses. There is no taking bonuses from one to the other, as I imagine it would be rather awkward to code.

HunterKiller
05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Merger isn't really the right name for it, it is just a bunch of people leaving one faction together and joining another. But that sounds too messy.

DME
05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Merger isn't really the right name for it, it is just a bunch of people leaving one faction together and joining another. But that sounds too messy.

Or simply the members of two factions merging under one banner.

05-14-2013, 06:49 PM
how to merge it?

HunterKiller
05-14-2013, 07:14 PM
how to merge it?

Usually once it is decided which faction has the best bonuses, people from the other faction will all leave and join the faction with the most bonuses.

fofito30
05-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Then by all means the word merger is not the correct term. On to another subject, life's natural course is that the strongest eventually will eat the smaller, hence in a future some individual players may decide to stop playing (too expensive, too many hackers, more interesting Apps, etc) so it would only be fair for players to be able to sell their bases and assets to interested parties and try to get back some of the real world money invested. Gree shouldn't have an issue since they already gained and cashed on gold, money and items purchases.
It's just a concept.

DME
05-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Then by all means the word merger is not the correct term. On to another subject, life's natural course is that the strongest eventually will eat the smaller, hence in a future some individual players may decide to stop playing (too expensive, too many hackers, more interesting Apps, etc) so it would only be fair for players to be able to sell their bases and assets to interested parties and try to get back some of the real world money invested. Gree shouldn't have an issue since they already gained and cashed on gold, money and items purchases.
It's just a concept.

Why would they allow such a thing when that money could go to them instead, not to mention the fact that it states in the ToS that you don't actually have any ownership rights to anything in the game (I'm paraphrasing).

Also, why do you keep saying that merge isn't the correct term? They are two groups combining as one, which is the very definition of the term.

sg.dracula
05-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Why would they allow such a thing when that money could go to them instead, not to mention the fact that it states in the ToS that you don't actually have any ownership rights to anything in the game (I'm paraphrasing).

Also, why do you keep saying that merge isn't the correct term? They are two groups combining as one, which is the very definition of the term.

I strongly agreed with you. Merging is one of the way players from 2 groups agreed to get to team up to became a stronger team, this is a concept invented players which GREE allowed. And merging don't always happen too. Especially you need to see who is the owner of that guild, who became leader and etc. It require a lots of give and take to be able to successfully merge 2 teams. And merging may also be a slow process to observe the other team when merge.

It's just a concept.

Merging is the right word to be use in this case as you have 2 groups of people merging together to become a bigger team. If you think it's unfair, it is probably your guild doesn't have any bonuses and were not attractive with the mightiness of each individual players stat that other guild would like to take in. And if what you said is allowed in this game, you will be far more felt the unfairness (you build great stat and sell to another players who take advantage of it to join a stronger guild). But instead of selling the your gameplay concept, I would rather preferred if GREE allowed selling off unwanted weapons and armours for exchange for golds so that we can use it to buy better items. Of course, this should not be applicable to loot items.

And do remember, your concept of selling base and assets may not actually involve real money invested into the game. We see many accounts build it's mightiness without spending real money, but invested the time they play the game. And since GREE are able to earn the money from players, what make you think they would allowed money flowing back to your pocket? they would want to earn every single coins they are able to get from players, not players taking advantage of their games to earn money back in return.

fofito30
05-15-2013, 05:22 AM

If you read my previous post, you will see that I advocated it is a merger. The post I commented it wasn't a merger is in response to a different situation.

VSH
05-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Merging factions is great in principle, but a sod to pull off!

I run a 'minor league' faction a world away from the likes of PUN & Ferr, and struggle with recruitment, because there are so many factions doing exactly the same thing.

I attempted to merge a few times, but the give & take just didn't work out! As defence leader with 60+/60+ stats, I know I'm not the strongest but by no means the weakest. The problem is finding the right sort of merger partner. Some logic says team up with a faction at about your level, but the problem I have found is that neither side wants to 'give up' its hard earned bonuses.

You end up it petty discussions like "my faction has been around longer than yours..." or "we've got three more players than you...". In the end I just gave up! Now concentrate on helping team members max up, and we'll see how things go for the next war. All fun and games, lol.

fofito30
05-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Merging factions is great in principle, but a sod to pull off!

I run a 'minor league' faction a world away from the likes of PUN & Ferr, and struggle with recruitment, because there are so many factions doing exactly the same thing.

I attempted to merge a few times, but the give & take just didn't work out! As defence leader with 60+/60+ stats, I know I'm not the strongest but by no means the weakest. The problem is finding the right sort of merger partner. Some logic says team up with a faction at about your level, but the problem I have found is that neither side wants to 'give up' its hard earned bonuses.

You end up it petty discussions like "my faction has been around longer than yours..." or "we've got three more players than you...". In the end I just gave up! Now concentrate on helping team members max up, and we'll see how things go for the next war. All fun and games, lol.

The Art of War is really a negotiations book guide. Read it before you negotiate your next merger or acquisition of a faction

merol14
05-15-2013, 10:13 AM
it would be interesting that "dead" factions could be given to new enthusiast ppl that want to create a "new" faction, but they can use the prepurchased bonuses of old faction. Like to create a used-faction market. Players desiring to buy a dead faction could actually pay some amount of gold to the last owner of the dead faction, so he could transfer the leadership of old faction to new player for say 50/100 gold (depending on pourchased bonuses).

ofc im assuming that a faction became deserted because all its members left to another faction, so the last member was "in charged" of keeping alive the dead faction until a new owner could be found.

lol

Maverick50727
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Faction Mergers is a complicated matter.

CAI merged with REG a while back after many in REG formed their own new faction more in line with their needs and play style.

We looked at a number of factions to merge with before going with CAI. In the end you are looking people that share you own ideas and goals, if not people won't be happy and leave. We have had very few leave over the last few events but there is always a turn over. Unfortunately some even decide to quit the game entirely and we have lost many to that factor as well. The core group sharing the same ideals forms the real team and determines its direction.

TIPS: Don't look at it as we have to be the best and the other faction has to merge with us. Don't fight over keeping a name. Look at what each side carries to the table not just bonuses. Look at all resources like people, tools, forums, etc. It can be great or it can be a disaster. It is up to you.

But no you can't merge faction bonuses or money. But you can still keep both factions if you want. CAI and REG both exist, but CAI is more for our LLP players or those wishing a break.

Bobar
05-15-2013, 11:10 AM
how to merge it?

you canīt. you have to move one by one via faction invite code or member invite via the faction

Lori jhnsn
09-16-2013, 10:19 PM
I've done merges that have worked fine. Not all do. The problem now is we need full active teams. Specially with the faction event the prizes are great but u need a full active team to get them. I am looking to bring in a team that would like to merge. We have a great core group. We use group me for battles and keep track of battle stats. We need to bring in a merge to help us hit the next level

Our def leader is at about 600 k. We have 4 at that level were a close fun group that would like to expand our family. We do not require gold but do require being active. If that would work for u contact me. 908371841

how to merge it?