PDA

View Full Version : CJ & Admin

ohgreatitsryan
05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Frequently you tell us things that are, more or less, completely and utterly false.

Or you are going to "check on" something and get back to us, but rarely do.

What gives?

Has it taken this long to ask what's going on with android stats?

What about the crazy attack swings?

Have you figured out why support is still sending us to apple for refunds?

What about the new hacker policy that was supposed to come out right after Ireland?

Do you guys have no idea what's going on? Have you just found out you didn't know what you were talking about, and don't know how to break that to us? Do you just not care? Or does no one working there actually understand how this game works? At least let us know if you are still trying.

This is horrible.

This isn't a free game for the majority of forum users, except those that your indifference, lies and horrible support have forced to stop spending.
The way this game and support is currently ran, from the indifference to the false advertising, is not up to par with how a publicly traded company should operate.

Tell us, dear CJ and faceless admin, will things ever change, or is asking for improvement here simply an exercise in futility?
Should we all just try and get our money refunded from apple/google and cut our losses?

Well, let us know. Don't worry though. We won't hold our breath.

The Mole
05-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Report: Gree Lays off 30 Employees at San Francisco Office (http://gamepolitics.com/2013/05/10/report-gree-lays-30-employees-san-francisco-office) May 10, 2013
http://gamepolitics.com/files/blogimages/gree_4.jpg (http://gamepolitics.com/2013/05/10/report-gree-lays-30-employees-san-francisco-office)
Mobile games publisher Gree has laid off an estimated 30 employees from its San Francisco office according to reports on Develop (http://www.develop-online.net/news/44143/Report-Gree-cuts-30-staff) and GII (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-10-gree-lays-off-staff-in-san-francisco). While the exact number of employees let go was not confirmed, the layoffs have been. According to Gree COO Anil Dharni, the staff reduction is part of re-alignment of its U.S. operations.
"We have recently aligned Gree's US studio to focus on creating the next generation of mobile social games," said Dharni.
"This shift in focus has been clearly demonstrated by the success and growth of our games," Dharni continued. "As part of ensuring that we are operating as efficiently as possible, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our work force. The employees leaving today have made great contributions to our success and we wish them all the best."
The current headcount at Gree's San Francisco office is unknown. This latest round of layoffs follow a staff reduction in December of last year that saw 25 employees let go after the company decided to abandon OpenFeint, its popular mobile social gaming network.

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/05/10/report-gree-lays-30-employees-san-francisco-office#.UZF_-crRZj4

__________________________________________________ __________________

GamesIndustry International reported on Friday that Japanese social networking platform and mobile social game publisher GREE (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=10863) laid off about 30 employees at its San Francisco offices. COO of GREE International Inc. Anil Dharni released the following statement:

We have recently aligned GREE's US studio to focus on creating the next generation of mobile social games. This shift in focus has been clearly demonstrated by the success and growth of our games. As part of ensuring that we are operating as efficiently as possible, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our work force. The employees leaving today have made great contributions to our success and we wish them all the best.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-13/mobile-game-firm-gree-lays-off-part-of-california-staff

DME
05-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Seems like they've seen how profitable it is to essentially just clone this type of game (minimal expenditure, maximum profit, very little effort), so are just focusing on that and since they're essentially just clones of each other it requires less staff.

ohgreatitsryan
05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, that makes sense. Closing down shop and moving on to the next town?

Perilous
05-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Likely winding down us operations

Speed ump
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Intresting. I never realized layoffs were a sign of success. Ive had that backwards all this time.

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
well that is the smartest thing you have ever said.

and in correct grammar...impressed!

Theoretically, if you can cut costs to next to nothing then you will be able to make a profit
without doing anything.

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 06:15 PM
well obviously, we are less expensive.

Speaking of cost cutting ...where is CJ? Has he been replaced with these 10 dollar cubicle fellows?

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
quite sure you are the one who is normally dismissed.

seems i have been around for quite a while.

too bad it looks like CJ has been released, you probably won't get the hammer as fast this time.

How many IP addresses have you had banned now? 10, 11?

Golf4life, you are dismissed....again.

procsyzarc
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Intresting. I never realized layoffs were a sign of success. Ive had that backwards all this time.

Well as long as revenue doesn't decrease by more than the savings then they can be.....for the business and shareholders at least.

Although I did like her makes me wonder if Kristin could see what we all could that the only efficiency of the automation was she wasn't needed, when she was arguing with us that the bonus program changes where a good thing.

One thing many of us have to remember is the people from Gree we deal with are there front line workers and generally won’t be that educated and can easily be manipulated by management. I think of the Kristin example because she truly seemed to believe that the changes to the bonus program would free here up for more important things in the company not just free her up. Reminds me of a paper I just wrote on the myth of employee loyalty and how managers can exploit it

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 06:24 PM
I am very interested in this paper,

can you type a brief synopsis?

Reminds me of a paper I just wrote on the myth of employee loyalty and how managers can exploit it

BlackArrow
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
They are already moving on to the next game..."War of Nations" which is out already in limited release in Canada and at least one other market. Their attention has moved elsewhere...

http://ios.appsgoer.com/war-of-nations-4088.html

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 06:35 PM
pretty self-evident.

you have had 40 IP addresses dismissed.

somebody obviously doesn't want or care for you to be around.

make that most people.

now, shoo fly.
Try 40....how am I dismissed?

I am a cow
05-13-2013, 10:55 PM
layoffs are the sign of failure thats what I thought

glitters
05-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Now let's not be sending the wrong message to all the faithful players out there.

The layoffs can be a good sign. Gree has become more efficient in its business. It does not need useless employees that drink tea and play cards for most of their time at work, especially untrustworthy admins that feed forum users with absolute nonsense. Should have never hired them in the first place.

Dutchie
05-14-2013, 01:24 AM
layoffs are the sign of failure thats what I thoughtYou thought wrong... Never heard of the expression "Cutting the dead wood out"?

Agent Orange
05-14-2013, 07:07 AM
You thought wrong... Never heard of the expression "Cutting the dead wood out"?

Sounds more like the entire forest crapped out....

fuzzlenutz
05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Modern War has been put on autopilot !
The janitors are running support everyone else is gone,
and as usual the customer doesn't count.

Well, that makes sense. Closing down shop and moving on to the next town?

ohgreatitsryan
05-14-2013, 05:38 PM
You might be right.

Plux
05-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Have you seen last night's Gree Quarterly results? Shares down 16% so far! Look for Gree Corp.

rutty
05-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Who knew they even had 30 employees?

VileDoom
05-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Anyone care to wager how long its going to be before Apple pulls the plug on GREE games in the App Store?

King little fruit fly
05-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Frequently you tell us things that are, more or less, completely and utterly false.

Or you are going to "check on" something and get back to us, but rarely do.

What gives?

Has it taken this long to ask what's going on with android stats?

What about the crazy attack swings?

Have you figured out why support is still sending us to apple for refunds?

What about the new hacker policy that was supposed to come out right after Ireland?

Do you guys have no idea what's going on? Have you just found out you didn't know what you were talking about, and don't know how to break that to us? Do you just not care? Or does no one working there actually understand how this game works? At least let us know if you are still trying.

This is horrible.

This isn't a free game for the majority of forum users, except those that your indifference, lies and horrible support have forced to stop spending.
The way this game and support is currently ran, from the indifference to the false advertising, is not up to par with how a publicly traded company should operate.

Tell us, dear CJ and faceless admin, will things ever change, or is asking for improvement here simply an exercise in futility?
Should we all just try and get our money refunded from apple/google and cut our losses?

Well, let us know. Don't worry though. We won't hold our breath.

I am surprised that you are still alive, buddy! ;)

WI(AusNz)
05-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Gree reads all threads> Oh Gree, Send me a sign!!

fuzzlenutz
05-15-2013, 06:09 AM
As soon as they can't recoup the $ they are refunding from Gree

Anyone care to wager how long its going to be before Apple pulls the plug on GREE games in the App Store?

ohgreatitsryan
05-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I am surprised that you are still alive, buddy! ;)

Give me a little bit of credit, I even gave up motorcycle jousting.