PDA

View Full Version : Gree really is not learning...

Dogs Pizza
05-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Japanese mobile-social gaming juggernaut GREE recently laid off around 30 employees from its San Francisco office, according to GameIndustry International.

“We have recently aligned GREE’s U.S. studio to focus on creating the next generation of mobile social games,” said Anil Dharni, chief operating officer of GREE, in an official statement. “This shift in focus has been clearly demonstrated by the success and growth of our games. As part of ensuring that we are operating as efficiently as possible, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our work force. The employees leaving today have made great contributions to our success and we wish them all the best.”

http://www.insidesocialgames.com/2013/05/13/gree-hit-with-another-round-of-layoffs/

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 04:32 PM
oh man, i hope CJ wasn't the one let go.

but i am confused on how you think they are not learning?

even with all of the moaning on the forums, the last war was by far the most profitable for them and it will only continue to get worse as more people get addicted to this game.

If anything, they ARE learning, realizing that they will make a FORTUNE off this model.
Japanese mobile-social gaming juggernaut GREE recently laid off around 30 employees from its San Francisco office, according to GameIndustry International.

“We have recently aligned GREE’s U.S. studio to focus on creating the next generation of mobile social games,” said Anil Dharni, chief operating officer of GREE, in an official statement. “This shift in focus has been clearly demonstrated by the success and growth of our games. As part of ensuring that we are operating as efficiently as possible, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our work force. The employees leaving today have made great contributions to our success and we wish them all the best.”

http://www.insidesocialgames.com/2013/05/13/gree-hit-with-another-round-of-layoffs/

Dogs Pizza
05-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Word is CJ and Kristin are both gone. Omni posted the scores for the KA war.

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 04:34 PM
oh man for reals?

sad day...

Word is CJ and Kristin are both gone. Omni posted the scores for the KA war.

Muse_boa
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
GREE is learning alot actually.

why give the players what they want?

why listen to their customers?

why reply to support tickets in less than a week?

they don't have to, because thousands upon thousands of people continue to pour in real money into this game.

one day they'll wake up & ask themselves "why did i spend so much money for so long on this dumb game?"

Thought that i should keep this one, not that i agree in anyway off course