PDA

View Full Version : Conquest of Kings: Darkhome, 5/24 to 5/28

CJ54
05-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Hello all,

The next Conquest of Kings event (Darkhome) will be running from 5/24, 11 AM PT to 5/28, 12 PM PT. We will be adding more information as we get closer to the event.

MaverickMunkey
05-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Cheers for the heads-up CJ.

Dexter Morgan
05-13-2013, 03:59 PM
2 weeks? I think the majority of players would like them to be 4 weeks apart

Rinkled4
05-13-2013, 04:02 PM
2 weeks? I think the majority of players would like them to be 4 weeks apart

Lol I think the majority of the top 3 guilds would like them 4 weeks apart. The majority of players would like them every weekend.

...and thanks for the notice CJ.

WizTech
05-13-2013, 04:23 PM
What about the Coliseum quest? It shows as active, but I can't figure out how to do anything with it....

Geryon
05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Lol I think the majority of the top 3 guilds would like them 4 weeks apart. The majority of players would like them every weekend.

The majority of all gem players would be happy with it being every 4 weeks.

Geryon
Team Vengeance

Elisae
05-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Great timing. I have other things to do that weekend. No gems from me.

Rinkled4
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
The majority of all gem players would be happy with it being every 4 weeks.

Geryon
Team Vengeance

Not if their goal is to move up in the guild war rankings.

OM-Kingdom Age
05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Having a four day event over memorial weekend won't be successful . If you think the profits you made first time around were because the events were scheduled on an Easter holiday ...WRONG!!!!
The profits were made because it was the first event and no one knew any better.. But after so many events back to back..players are tired , players are leaving the game and at this rate you will only see your profits decline .. Just listen to your base.. Stop having so many event so frequently and on major holidays ....asking you kindly! For the sake of your players ( ie customers ) if care about them !

Dogs Pizza
05-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Gree does not care, why do you think they laid off 30 people today? Rumor is one of those 30 was CJ as well...

ShutterBlink
05-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Hello all,

The next Conquest of Kings event (Darkhome) will be running from 5/24, 11 AM PT to 5/28, 12 PM PT. We will be adding more information as we get closer to the event.

4 days event again?...wooohhh

please read it word for words.... its 4 days event :-(

:(

Bazi
05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
As I said in the main forum, this is asinine. What the F are you guys thinking scheduling wars during every holiday weekend? Pull your heads out and buy a calendar that shows major holidays on it if you can't figure it out GreeD :/

Zenobia
05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
LMFAO.

The next battle is EXACTLY what the the vast majority of players do NOT want... on ALL counts!

1) It is only 2 weeks away when we want 4 weeks between battles.
2) It is 4 days long instead of 3 when 99.9999999999999% of players want shorter not longer wars.
3) It is, YET AGAIN, on a holiday weekend. First Easter, then Mother's Day, now Memorial Day.

It's like they listened to everything we have been saying and did the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Gree is basically saying eff you to the customer - it's insane! If you they are trying to drive everyone away from the game, this is sure helping. Combine the eff you to what the customer says explicitly they want with the total lack of repercussions for hacking that make legit players say "why bother"... and what do you get? A dead game.

RIP Kingdom Age.

Aclark
05-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Okay let me see if I have this right and haven't just lost my little mind. So we just did a 4 day battle over Mothers Day weekend which by the way I am a Mom and have a Mom so that's schedule nightmare 1. Now this coming weekend MW and CC which I'm leader in those as well are battling at the same time is scheduling nightmare 2 and now informed that now only is KA going again in 2 weeks but it's not for 4 days it is for 5 days and, here the mind blowing part, over the Memorial Day Holiday scheduling nightmare 3. Wow they don't listen to anything that is being said on this forum. I'm stumped here guys help me out. What in the heck are wrong with these people? Do they have Mothers? Do they have families? Do they have a clue what they are doing? I would love love love to see every single guild stand down and not buy a single gem it's the only way they will pay attention. Hit where it hurts. Their wallets. I am fully aware that there is not a glimmer of a chance that everyone will stand down but I can still wish. Wow

Iron Maiden
05-13-2013, 08:48 PM
This is horrible. We all have families and lives. The day a game controls it is the day people will not want to be a part of it. I understand the need and desire to make money but you must also keep your customers in mind.

Dexter Morgan
05-13-2013, 09:01 PM

I think you're the only one wanting them every weekend LOL

Gweo
05-14-2013, 01:54 AM
I would start with 3 weeks...at least it would be a bit better and not fall on a Holiday. Just curious CJ, do you guys have wars lined up for every major holiday: Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. if so please let me know as I can save myself the trouble and stop playing now.

Stop now. They will add some extra days to the wars every major holliday.

Raistlin (ESq)
05-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Maybe I'm tired, but isn't this only 10 days away??

Tiki
05-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Yes it is, you're obviously not that tired

Raistlin (ESq)
05-14-2013, 04:25 AM
Yes it is, you're obviously not that tired

Thanks! Thought my exhaustion was effecting my maths ability, since people have posted that this is two weeks away.

New Guy
05-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Sorry, movie line immediately comes to mind.

I think it is time to reconsider the boycott. So, we spend less money, they speed up the interval between wars.

One might speculate Gree is trying to recover from losses due to a drop in stock prices caused by concerns over the Japanese gov's probe into certain gaming functions and calls to regulate profiteering features.

I just read a bunch of news articles about Gree laying off employees even though their numbers are way up. In a majority of the articles, the journalists state their is not information other than what the company is releasing. We should invite some gaming community journalists here to the forum to read about how disgruntled their customer base are. Let a few of those articles go out and see how quickly investor confidence drops. Lets see what happens to Gree then.

Gree, recommend you start listening to your customers~

Nice meeting you forum members. This is maybe my third post and I can see myself getting banned pretty quickly :rolleyes:

DragCro
05-14-2013, 06:22 AM
I want the best for this company and im sad that some of the employes from America get layed off from Gree.
Hope you Gree see,as any company knows that costumers are allways right,most of good and succesful companies ask or listen their customers and what to do to improve..We are your customer,please listen to us.Please move the event at least once a month,10 days is not a good thing for us,if you keep this tempo the game will die,we dont want that!
Please make some adjustments for us customers to play with some strategy,dont make it all about money,if you push event after event people will abandon the game,i think you as a company you need to keep your costumers satisfied..No customers no profit

ComingForY0u
05-14-2013, 06:29 AM
DragCro,

Nobody says that you must contribute multiple mountains of gems per war. That is every players choice to do so because of greed wanting to have every powerful unit in the game.

GREE have had employee's fired. This will mostly be down to money issues.

For as long as players continue to spend more and more with every coming war GREE will release wars more often to counter the money issues that they are having.

It is probably best that wars happen more often. players will hopefully pick which wars they really want to win and commit to that, other wars they will take a back seat on and therefore a wider variety of guilds receive bonuses.

Fantus
05-14-2013, 06:41 AM
I am surprised that your company doesn't have a better grasp on the realities faced by their consumers. We all acknowledge that this stuff is way overpriced as it is. Multiple Quests and Events (back to back money grabs) create an environment where the consumer never gets a break from the constant expense. Unit values keep inflating and quest rewards keep getting bigger. $1000 dollars spent a year ago would net 1/3 the unit value in today's game. Smart money making strategy, but you are missing a very vital part - when the divorces are filed, the credit cards are maxed, the reality of the amount of money that we spent hits each of us one by one - your customer base is going to decline rapidly. Sustainability! Responsibility! That's what I preach to my guild members. Maybe you guys should realize that moderate profits for the long term are better than a few months of artificial, unsustainable income followed by the complete collapse of your consumer base. Battles cost thousands of dollars for the competing guilds / factions / syndicates. Two week intervals are not long enough for your average customer to recuperate. Three weeks is barely long enough. My guild finished 5th in the last battle. We are strongly considering choosing which battles we want to focus on and not participating in the others. Also, you give us great units in these LTQ that generate a lot of experience, which raises our level, which then reduces the points that we get in battle, which then results in us spending more money to achieve the same rank as before. Very transparent profit motive. Another note - it should not be possible to accidently (due to screen lag or to carelessness) spend a large number of gems. You know - the finish vault button or any other expense over 200 gems should have a confirm expenditure button. If you really want to make money long-term --> Start taking care of your customers and stop making us feel like we are money bags meant to be emptied and discarded.

pulch
05-14-2013, 08:15 AM
As was stated above it is up to individual guilds/players on whether they choose to buy/spend gems on the conquest of kings. I have made the mistake of spending 12 bucks (40% sale) only once so far. The faster they come the better for my guild. We are mainly free players and have placed in the top 100 twice so far. We may not all participate every war, but its the LTQ/E that come before the wars that I think we all enjoy. The war is just an added bonus for most (excluding the gotta catch them all mentality players). We get between 1 and 11 additional indestructible units. I would much rather have more free units twice a month than once a month.

Basically you have a choice to participate or not in every event the Gree puts on. There is always that option to not participate! If you are feeling burnt out, just stop playing for a few days or a week. Offer to sit out of your guild or go to a "minor league" guild and just coast and get some free units. On a different topic, I would like to see Gree offer a choice for guilds to opt into a gem or non-gem conquest. These would run simultaneously and the gem conquest would obviously have 3x or 5x better rewards.

Vader DRP
05-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Pulch, I like that idea about the gem vs non-gem contest.

ComingForY0u
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
As was stated above it is up to individual guilds/players on whether they choose to buy/spend gems on the conquest of kings. I have made the mistake of spending 12 bucks (40% sale) only once so far. The faster they come the better for my guild. We are mainly free players and have placed in the top 100 twice so far. We may not all participate every war, but its the LTQ/E that come before the wars that I think we all enjoy. The war is just an added bonus for most (excluding the gotta catch them all mentality players). We get between 1 and 11 additional indestructible units. I would much rather have more free units twice a month than once a month.

Basically you have a choice to participate or not in every event the Gree puts on. There is always that option to not participate! If you are feeling burnt out, just stop playing for a few days or a week. Offer to sit out of your guild or go to a "minor league" guild and just coast and get some free units. On a different topic, I would like to see Gree offer a choice for guilds to opt into a gem or non-gem conquest. These would run simultaneously and the gem conquest would obviously have 3x or 5x better rewards.

good too see someone else on the same wavelength!

not sure about the gem/non gem wars. after all gems are the advantage against free players. lets just stay the way it is and free players should start to do better when the heavy spenders come to realise this is but a game.

Engineer951
05-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Hahaha totally agree Rinkled4. Top guild needs time to save money

Nift the Lean
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Too long of a war, on another holiday, and too soon after the last war. I hope it completely flops as far as profits go, and I plan on "not" putting my money where my mouth is.

Colony Colonel
05-15-2013, 05:07 AM
I look forward to it! :)

Natpigen
05-16-2013, 04:04 PM
The most sad Thing about This, is that even in the feedback topic, which GREE created, no one is answering Any of the incoming suggestions/feedbacks.
The same inhere, and is is just me, or hasnt the quest started several days before they Stated it would? And All of your long and thoughtfull postings inhere... Unanswered - just like if you use the in-app support Thing - you get an answer that really sucks, if you even get one - after waiting several days/weeks for the answer... They do not make up for their mistakes, for instance by putting a little bit of gems out, or making up for a missed quest (because the system did something wrong) at least giving some of the rewards to the players... one single quest is enough to put players several levels behind also in stats (attack/défense) !!!
No one from support seems to be bothering to answer to these posts.

Pretty anoying also, that These last quests havent specified the total number of trials you have to accomplish... How Can we know then, of the trials just keep coming, and no one Gets the reward?

Just a little something... If anyone from support ever reads This and bother to take action !!!

Ravanger
05-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Do you know why gree has the wars and quest so much and close together is so that the top people don't buy gems and others buy it if the top guys stay in top no one will ever get a chance to be in top spot and then the bottom 10-1250 guilds will never buy gem because they will never get a chance to be in the top 10 do you know why it is only the top 10 people that are complaining about this they can't keep up gree quest on buying gems

gree don't tell them to buy the gems they do that on there own to stay in top if they just stopped buy and the other people caught up then there would be more gem spending because the wars will be even not a guild with 1 mil att and 1 mil def fighting a guild with 300 k att and 300 def who will never win

then no one will ever join the game because it will be a losing battle to ever get to #1 spot so joining no matter how many gems you buy you will never be #1 as the top will buy gems

then if this happens there won't be a KA game because gree won't make enuf money to run the game just off 300 people that are in a top 10 spot buying gems every month for a war with 300 people ( this is what you want a war
Every month )

this is why they need the top 10 to change spots so they will make more money and the game more even play ground for everyone

They need this war and quest every week so new people that come on board get a chance to buy some gems and lev up and catch up to top players if you can't catch up to the top players why play the game no new players the game just dies

So to all the people that only see it as they got to buy gems and play every quest you are the guys that will end the game as no one will ever catch up to you and no one will ever join KA no new revenue means a losing profit and the game will go off line

You think this game is about you (the individual that say it is to much gems spending and wars and quest ) what about all the new people that join the game on a daily basics don't they need a chance to do some quest and war or is this game just made for the top 10 guilds if so the game is lost because you can't generate enuf money on 300 people in a top 10 guild to run a game like this

You are not ment to buy gems every war or quest it Is up to you To do it is not Gree's fault you are greedy and want to be in top spot and can't stay away from every quest so other new people can catch up

Can't put all the blame on gree you are at fault too set back relax it is all right not to be in top spot it is all right to miss a quest if there were no chance to get in there every one would leave the game and then only the top 10 would be here playing how much fun would that be

Got to think about when new people join and say man why don't this game have a war or a quest been playing for a month how am I going to catch the top players (if you have a war or quest every month )

Just saying looking at the bigger picture of things you need new quest and wars every fue weeks to bring the playing field closer for everyone not just the top people or the people that has been here for years but for the new people as will

Natpigen
05-16-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree:-) even though it was a lot of is and isnt-kind of text;-) i agree, i dont see that about the quest as a problem or even with the gem-buying - we All do have a choise.
My problem with GREE definately is their lack of response to failures both via the in-app support and in the official forums.
I Think much of the frustrations we see inhere, could be avoided if they just met the players (as in responded inhere) at least to some of All the complaints, or maybe just tried to make up for some of the failures in the game.
All in All we love This game, or else why would we play it?
But they shouldnt have put an in-app support system, when they are not answering it!
Thats my only complaint.

England Jon
05-17-2013, 01:15 AM
I could not agree more with Ravanger. Spot on. The views against Gree tend to be from the top Guilds and to be self serving. We need new players to keep it fresh. New players want regular quests and battles. I personally think that a Conquest of Kings event every 3 weeks is about right. If Gree want them more regularly fine, we will just choose our level of participation in each one and enjoy it.

Xiaoge99
05-17-2013, 05:09 AM
A little interesting ,all for benifit

Julius Wheezer
05-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Two weeks between wars? For a lot of people, that sounds like a bad idea. For others it sounds great. Some people get what they want, other don't. You don't get what you want, then GREE must be bad and it's all not fair.

You don't like the timing of the war, sit it out wait for the next one. If your guild don't like it, find a guild that doesn't try to dictate how you live your life.

It's a holiday weekend? Only in America, the rest of the world is fine. Not fair!

Some people spend more money than me, and get stronger without "strategy". Not fair.

Some people don't have jobs, while I work 60 hrs a week. They get more quests done. Not fair.

Gems are cheaper in some countries than others. Not fair.

Etc, etc

It's a game run by a corporation, for profit. Of course it's not fair.

If you enjoy the game, play it. Play it your way and enjoy it. I guarantee you will enjoy it more if you focus on the things you like and not those you don't.

If you don't enjoy it - leave.

Now, for all those who will say I'm a GREE plant because i haven't posted much - come and check me out -
949-863-235, Level 141, avatar name Aslan
Guild - Celtic Angel Warriors, invite code 542935741.
Modern War - 131-284-752 (Julius Wheezer)

Crusader Shout
05-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Any business will only succeed if they are listening to their customers.

Many of us are not just game players, we are buying customers.

The issue here is way beyond the game and guilds and gems.

It is the fundamental issue of Gree being customer focused.

As a Guild Leader of a Top 50 Guild (consistently in all three wars), I think I know what our group thinks. We are a balanced guild with a good group of gem players, and also some strong free players. We are international across all time zones. We have high level and low level members. All deliberate as part of build a vibrant guild.

But we are also experiencing game fatigue - having wars too frequently wears guilds down. The quests are good because it allows individuals to run at their own pace, but wars are different.

Wars are fought and won as a guild. It means a lot of organising, schedules, spreadsheets and people having to commit time. And this is where Gree needs to understand the difference between individual customers (players) and customer groups (guilds).

Treating them in the same manner is a bad strategy.

Kusa
05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
I agree with ravanger

Honestly if this game went the way guild wars did with how they make money it would be 100% better.

Add in a prem subscription that gives a bunch of perks.
Sell differant perks in the game store like energy regen fasters etc.
Rentable mega weapons/ units etc
However do not sell full energy restores etc.
Heck open some new areas to pve in that cost gems to access for so long.

Getting gems to not play a major role in wars and events would be a + for all.

bgood
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
The people who tend to want more frequent events are the ones who aren't footing the bill ie. free player or tapjoy gems. While free players provide a basic function and enhancement to the game if we all played free the game doesn't exist or it has a hell lot less updates. The second most people don't get is price optimization. Getting a whole bunch money now then lose customer base is not as profitable as a lengthy relationship w the spender. They are a profit company and i think most get that they are entitled to a profit but a basic sevice level should be expected.

However the stat inflation and stacked events are setting the company to be doomed. I wouldn't be suprised if this game was dead or sold in a years time.

Dreadknight
05-22-2013, 07:20 PM
CJ, where is the list of prizes that you use to post on the forum?
Is it just for show that you done it for the dragon roost and not for the rest of the wars anymore?

MindMachine
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM
CJ, where is the list of prizes that you use to post on the forum?
Is it just for show that you done it for the dragon roost and not for the rest of the wars anymore?

Hmm I think maybe the reason is that it can be now seen in-game on the rewards tab of the Conquest of Kings..Just my thought.. :)

Dreadknight
05-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Hmm I think maybe the reason is that it can be now seen in-game on the rewards tab of the Conquest of Kings..Just my thought.. :)

Ya i too know that, just would like to have some good suggestion flowing so that Gree think again if that prize is really suitable for the ranking achieved.

brandygee
05-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Stop having events on holiday weekends. 11 days is too soon for another war. Not too mention the crime city / modern war battles both being held the same week. Your going to make people choose one game.

Sirius
05-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Hiyas!

Thanks for the feedback folks. We will be taking things said thus far into consideration moving forward.

Keep up the constructive comments! Thread has run it's course so closing it out.

/Closed

~Sirius