PDA

View Full Version : Free Players: Extreme Measures LTQ Info

Noghri_ViR
05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
This is an informative measure for free players to let them know if it's worth spending gold to finish the normal level of the Extreme Measures LTQ

We know from this thread that you can gain the following from the event:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53995-Extreme-Measures-LTQ-Walkthrough

NORMAL MODE COMPLETE

TOTALS FOR NORMAL MODE:
Raw gains (a/d): 7,997/6,661
Bonus gains: +3% alliance attack
Valor gain: Approx. 15,250
Gold spent: 320*
Enery Used: 34,508
XP gained: 4613*

But what isn't answered about this event is how far a free player can get in this event. Many of us were thankful for the last event where free players could complete the first round of the event as long as they stayed on top of the event and didn't let any energy go to waste. This event is sadly different.

I started playing EM LTQ immediately when it came out with a full bar of energy (2310 energy). Throughout the event I leveled up twice, making sure to do it in a manner that wasted only very little energy between using the last bit of energy to complete the mission and my level up refill.

With an hour left in the event I was able to get to mission 38/42. From there I didn't want to risk any of the technical difficulties that have happened in the last few events and decided to start spending gold to see how much I would need to complete the event. I needed 260 gold (Approx 22 bucks, if you bought a stockpile and used a bit from a bag of gold) to go from level 38-42. During this time I gained 3144 attack and sadly I forgot to track how much defense I gained.

With no items that had modifiers being awarded during those last 5 rounds, my personal opinion will be to skip the urge to use gold to finish the event. 22 bucks for 3144 attack just doesn't seem worth it compared to other events.

I'll be trying to do this for gold players for the next few events. If you have suggestions on how I can give better feedback, please let me know

njemt242
05-13-2013, 11:22 AM
I started with 1500 energy. I made it through normal mode with no gold. I prestaged so that made it a little easier

Lamentor
05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
As a free player through this whole event and wasting literally not 1 drop of energy, plus gaining 3 levels in the process (having my next level up ready after my first bar of energy was used for this event, 1700 energy) and I've managed 33/53 prestige mode on this event, without one gold bar spent.

Noghri_ViR
05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I should also mention that I play as Russian so I don't have an energy regeneration bonus.

Noghri_ViR
05-13-2013, 11:30 AM
As a free player through this whole event and wasting literally not 1 drop of energy, plus gaining 3 levels in the process (having my next level up ready after my first bar of energy was used for this event, 1700 energy) and I've managed 33/53 prestige mode on this event, without one gold bar spent.
I believe that's due to having an alliance bonus that was won in one of the previous events. I don't have any energy regeneration bonuses. Could you please let me know what yours is so I can gather more data?

TrikoCoral
05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
I finished Normal Mode as well with no issues, and made it well into the Prestige Mode without spending a single bar of Gold and only leveling up once.

Though I do receive an extra 2 energy regen per minute from a unit I gained during a previous event (also obtained without gold). So my energy regen is 5 per minute compared to the regular 3 per minute.

Noghri_ViR
05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I believe that's due to having an alliance bonus that was won in one of the previous events. I don't have any energy regeneration bonuses. Could you please let me know what yours is so I can gather more data?

ppownage
05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I should also mention that I play as Russian so I don't have an energy regeneration bonus.
what flag gets the bonus?

KFH
05-13-2013, 12:03 PM
what flag gets the bonus?oops got it wrong first Iran has fast energy recovery. I started this with 2100 energy and made it through normal with less than 200 gold. I did level up a couple of times, and i have a plus 1 energy bonus

YourPastLife
05-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Iran is energy, USA is stamina

KFH
05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
This is an informative measure for free players to let them know if it's worth spending gold to finish the normal level of the Extreme Measures LTQ

We know from this thread that you can gain the following from the event:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53995-Extreme-Measures-LTQ-Walkthrough

But what isn't answered about this event is how far a free player can get in this event. Many of us were thankful for the last event where free players could complete the first round of the event as long as they stayed on top of the event and didn't let any energy go to waste. This event is sadly different.

I started playing EM LTQ immediately when it came out with a full bar of energy (2310 energy). Throughout the event I leveled up twice, making sure to do it in a manner that wasted only very little energy between using the last bit of energy to complete the mission and my level up refill.

With an hour left in the event I was able to get to mission 38/42. From there I didn't want to risk any of the technical difficulties that have happened in the last few events and decided to start spending gold to see how much I would need to complete the event. I needed 260 gold (Approx 22 bucks, if you bought a stockpile and used a bit from a bag of gold) to go from level 38-42. During this time I gained 3144 attack and sadly I forgot to track how much defense I gained.

With no items that had modifiers being awarded during those last 5 rounds, my personal opinion will be to skip the urge to use gold to finish the event. 22 bucks for 3144 attack just doesn't seem worth it compared to other events.

I'll be trying to do this for gold players for the next few events. If you have suggestions on how I can give better feedback, please let me knowThink of it as a whole, it wouldn't matter if you spent the gold in the beginning or the end. So in all you got 7,997/6,661 stats which is pretty good for 260 bars. Look into tapjoy because of them this event didn't cost me a penny.

ohgreatitsryan
05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
With 3k energy and a little planning, I made it to 37 of prestige for free.

KFH
05-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Iraq is energy, USA is staminawe both got it wrong, it's Iran for energy :)

Noghri_ViR
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
oops got it wrong first Iran has fast energy recovery. I started this with 2100 energy and made it through normal with less than 200 gold. I did level up a couple of times, and i have a plus 1 energy bonus

If you kept track, could you let me know what your bonus is and how much gold you actually used? I'm trying to start a spreadsheet on this.

Lamentor
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
deleted byyyyy me

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Everyone,

Please stop talking or mentioning prepping for these events.

You will ruin it for yourself and others if you talk about it enough on the forums. They will find a way to fix it where you can't do this anymore.

so for everyone's sake, shut up.

If you have questions about this, please feel free to PM me.

Please stop mentioning in public prepping.

k-392531700
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I got through 39/53 in prestige with using 3 gold fills (wanted the 39/53 prize unit since I was close).

I have the Iran flag and the next gen cruiser I am 4 energy every 53 seconds.

I would have gotten through 37/53 and almost 38/53 with no gold and only 80% of the missions staged for normal mode and only one level up (3725 energy gained from leveling up).

A free player should be able to get close to 25% of the way through prestige if they can level up 1-3 times, make LTQs a priority, and start the event with 100% full energy...

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 01:26 PM
this message has been deleted

Cmdr_Vessery
05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I was able to get through level 35 on normal mode, leveled twice and currently sitting at 920 for energy. No energy boost for energy recovery.

No gold spent either.

-Vessery

wittywon
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
My llp was part way thru 38 normal with no gold and 790 energy. It has never been in a faction. No staging.

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
My llp was part way thru 38 normal with no gold and 790 energy. It has never been in a faction. ** *******.

Please read my comment about and delete this from your post.

Ericinico
05-13-2013, 07:19 PM
If you want to finish for free, just stage. I've done normal mode three times 😃

Golf4life
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
please read my comment above and do not mention this.
If you want to finish for free, just *****. I've done normal mode three times ��

Zach3432
05-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Although a good thread there is a wise choice to be made.

cwayeharris
05-13-2013, 09:14 PM
please read my comment above and do not mention this.

Forum police - watch out!
Gree don't answer tickets mate, they ain't going to be reading through the forums watching for ways which they can stop people from playing for free.

They will look at ways they can increase their revenue.
If people are ****** for these LTQ events with NO intention of spending gold, they still won't spend gold if they can't *****

TYR_Rune
05-14-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks to all these conversations and to this thread too, it is now just a matter of time before GREE can finally take notice and RESET ALL OF OUR PRESTAGED MAPS before Gree starts an LTQ event.. Well done people..

King little fruit fly
05-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks to all these conversations and to this thread too, it is now just a matter of time before GREE can finally take notice and RESET ALL OF OUR PRESTAGED MAPS before Gree starts an LTQ event.. Well done people..

Be quiet, F22! :D

DunkNL
05-14-2013, 01:51 AM
You are not helping TYR_Rune

meinnepa2
05-14-2013, 05:14 AM
I stopped at 41 with a little over 1 hour to go. The leveling up worked ok until Sunday night. Went to bed with about 200+ exp needed for next level. Woke up and somehow I leveled,not even a screen telling me I leveled so I could immediately use skill points. That hosed my timetable a bit, so that's when I knew there was not enough time left to finish.

DFI
05-14-2013, 06:07 AM
Got to level 27 of prestige. I am UK with the next gen cruiser.

Tito89
05-14-2013, 06:07 AM
got to warlord siege tank (33/42) no gold, was happy enough with that. so maybe if we have this event with a bonus unit achievable for all players who can reach say lv 30, so free players can have a real chance at improving and being far more competitive.

scurvynaive
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Everyone,

Please stop talking or mentioning prepping for these events.

You will ruin it for yourself and others if you talk about it enough on the forums. They will find a way to fix it where you can't do this anymore.

so for everyone's sake, shut up.

If you have questions about this, please feel free to PM me.

Please stop mentioning in public prepping.

Chill man. Gree knows about staging. Did you not notice that several of the missions repeated the same task as previous missions? Not only that but the later mission required less points if you ignore staging. Obviously they already know and are incorporating that into the event.

Miner
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Don't forget that that 220 gold gave you the opportunity to complete several levels in prestige mode where the energy requirements weren't very high and the units were pretty decent.