PDA

View Full Version : Battle Matching sucks

Jeshu
05-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Battle matching completely sucked this time around. We found many guilds that were extremely strong compared to us. I thought the battle matching was going to be combined stats guild vs similar combined stats guild.
Currently we are fighting a guild with 41 members, and most of them are over 400k defense and we only have about 4 people in my guild with those stats out of 40...

How is this even possible, making CPs have been very tough this time around.

Rinkled4
05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I found the matchups much better this time. More variety. Some were stronger,some even, and some weaker. Last war it seemed like we fought the same dozen guilds over and over. Well done Gree.

Jeshu
05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
I found the matchups much better this time. More variety. Some were stronger,some even, and some weaker. Last war it seemed like we fought the same dozen guilds over and over. Well done Gree.

You call that good, when we can only do 8k CP vs 70k CPs the opposite team? Most of my team are hitting their castle because they can't fight anyone else. How is that fair???

QuantumP 86
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
You call that good, when we can only do 8k CP vs 70k CPs the opposite team? Most of my team are hitting their castle because they can't fight anyone else. How is that fair???

Keep in mind that while its frustrating for you, it is most likely equally as frustrating if not more so for the team with higher stats wanting to spend gems, but they can't because nobody on your team can give them any good points. So it's not fun for either team!

Skyraiders
05-13-2013, 11:46 AM

Its not fair but they dont care as long as you spend your gems.....oh wait there is a hack for that now...LOL

Fkof
05-13-2013, 11:46 AM

How high we're you placed? I agree its not a perfect system but the closer to the top 10 you find yourself, the more out of reach low level players become. Just curious if you went hard and quickly moved up in placement rank vs. overall character strength.

Jeshu
05-13-2013, 11:50 AM
How high we're you placed? I agree its not a perfect system but the closer to the top 10 you find yourself, the more out of reach low level players become. Just curious if you went hard and quickly moved up in placement rank vs. overall character strength.

We were between 75 - 100, then got slammed with very bad matchups... So we kept dropping, even tho many of our players use gems....

Bluedood
05-13-2013, 11:54 AM
We had one or two match ups this war that seemed off, where the other team had crazy stats that almost none of us could hit. Mostly we saw other guilds with similar ranking and point totals, so it seemed to work out, sometimes not in our favor. As you get closer to the top the teams should get tougher.

Shinazueli
05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
I've seen the same thing happen. I believe it's because in the beginning they match you with similar stat guilds; towards the end I believe the algorithm matches you based on your rank. The last day we never fought someone more than 10 ranks away from us or so. I'm guessing they changed this because previously low level guilds had an enormous advantage in the rankings. Now, since you are being matched against your peers in terms of ranking, you are seeing stats mismatches. We had 2 wars where we were out classed; and three wars where the opposing guild hated life. Out of ~ 18 real wars. Note that this is coming from a ~75 ranked guild. Our average guild level is 78 lol.

From an improvement standpoint, your only hope is to participate in the LTQs en masse to try and get more favorable match ups in the next battle.

Ryosaeba
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
You guys are all wrong. What would u do if you we're Gree? You would match big Gem spender guilds with weak teams so that it gives them a high incentive to spend their Gems! Why would they do anything else? Granted, they don't do it ALL the time but I would say they do it about 80% of the time.

larrydavid
05-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the Gree Algorithm. They use it to match FUN vs a 50th ranked team, determine a loss for a player with 70k+ stats, and even determine that 6,000 boxes isn't enough to get the final unit.

Logan68
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm in Jeshu's guild. It was one of many really bad matches. When the battle was over we noticed that the had nearly 4 million conquest points and were fighting for Top 25, while we had just over 1 million points and were fighting for Top 100. --Needless to say after that matchup we slipped even further from Top 100.

[DW] maretzky
05-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm in Jeshu's guild. It was one of many really bad matches. When the battle was over we noticed that the had nearly 4 million conquest points and were fighting for Top 25, while we had just over 1 million points and were fighting for Top 100. --Needless to say after that matchup we slipped even further from Top 100.

Algorithm is based on math calculations - and it works fine. But as someone said: killing one - is a murder killing millions - it's just statistics...

Vachau
05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
There is no way that they can make this a perfect system. It is a computer algorithm. We are also matched with other guild currently on line. We can't be matched with an equally strong guild if there are none on at the time you declare war. Ever notice the delay after you declare war? The system is waiting for another available guild that is reasonably close to yours.

BADMARKX
05-13-2013, 09:08 PM
We had some good matchups on the first day and then it went pretty dry as we hung around top 50.
We knew top 50 would be a challenge and some of us were prepared for 200-250 point averages till the finish.
Then as a few of us started cherping about the stingy rivals in our forum, we got a beauty.
Walls and guardians go quick with our group and on the second scouting hit...booyah!
We actually found a L200 target that 90% of our guild could beat.
Our forum chat started blowing up and then suddenly silent as many of us just unloaded on this poor soul.
His losses were easily in the thousands on that one battle.
Anyway, that's pretty much how we hung on to a top 50 spot as each hit was scoring between 350-450 / hit.
The rest of our matches were against the big boys as one would expect, but that one battle made our efforts worth it.

Oh, I'm still stunned from the Leafs blowing a 4-1 in the third of game 7.
Stunned.....

garen argon
05-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Agree with you Shinazueli, the first day my guild had some very difficult matchups..we were severely out of our league. During the weekend the matchups were fair, some in our favor some not; but always competitive. The last day was rough. We matched up against some to 25 guilds; we finished top 150.

Nirmala
05-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Your guild complains for being matched with stronger guild coz you can't attack nobody but walls and castle. The strong guild complains for being matched with your guild coz your tiny level players give them low score.
Below is some illustration:
A guild of 20 members which stats are around 500k is matched with a guild of 50 members with around 200k stats each. If you calculate the overall stats of both guilds, you'll find them equal. Now, would you consider this fair?
The game mechanism states that equal guilds will be matched. And both ARE equal in total stats.
So, I believe the matchups is fair. But as the thread topic says, sometimes it sucks.

Jeshu
05-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Your guild complains for being matched with stronger guild coz you can't attack nobody but walls and castle. The strong guild complains for being matched with your guild coz your tiny level players give them low score.
Below is some illustration:
A guild of 20 members which stats are around 500k is matched with a guild of 50 members with around 200k stats each. If you calculate the overall stats of both guilds, you'll find them equal. Now, would you consider this fair?
The game mechanism states that equal guilds will be matched. And both ARE equal in total stats.
So, I believe the matchups is fair. But as the thread topic says, sometimes it sucks.

I understand if it was a 20 vs 50, we had that happen but I'm not complaining about that. I'm complaining about the 40 vs 40, and the opposite guild being 10 times stronger than us. And the stronger guild has no complains since they use me as a punching bag with over 2000 attacks towards me.

Coog
05-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Oh, I'm still stunned from the Leafs blowing a 4-1 in the third of game 7.
Stunned.....

Why YOU! I was to watch that on NHL Gamecenter later today! Gah!:mad:;)

Ryosaeba
05-14-2013, 06:24 AM
There is no way that they can make this a perfect system.

I think its perfect (for Gree) because they're laughing all the way to the bank!

Seriously. You guys are so gullible. They will always favor big gem spenders because they want to keep their business. EVERYTHING they do in the game is about making people spend gems (and buying them). They will never think about how "fair" the battles should be because if it were too tough for the big gem spenders, they won't spend any more gems because there's no reward.

The algorithm is probably something like this: Match up a strong team (gem spenders) with a team where there's a few high level, low defense players so those gem spends will use gems to hit those guys.

KillerVirus666
05-14-2013, 10:30 AM
maretzky;756524']Algorithm is based on math calculations - and it works fine. But as someone said: killing one - is a murder killing millions - it's just statistics...

I think Stalin said that