PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of robbing a particular building in LTQ??

kingofwale
05-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I just don't get it. Nobody likes looking around for hours for a building, it doesn't involve skill, and Gree makes absolute no money from doing it.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put that in the event should get fired right away.

My question is... is this how LTQ event works in KA or MW??? Should I even bother playing this event?

P.S. I hate saying this, but if this is how Gree decides to do this, BRING BACK TOP 20!!!

dudeman
05-12-2013, 07:52 PM
In KA, the LTQs have been pretty good. There was one that was completely stupid (do jobs looking for random loot drops) so I didn't participate. If there is another ltq in CC requiring hours of scavenger hunt, Gree can shove it. I am not doing this again.

They could have just as easily said rob $X, but at that stage it would probably be more enjoyable if they would just run PvP events, robbery events, and have LTQs energy based like 99% of the LTQs in KA.

Dipstik
05-12-2013, 07:57 PM
It requires more skill than almost any other CC event, actually... The rest of them can pretty much be summed up as "Step 1: Click, Step 2: Wait/Spend Gold"

#smug

dudeman
05-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Tap

Wait for loading

Look around

Repeat

Very skillful. :rolleyes:

kingofwale
05-12-2013, 08:04 PM
In KA, the LTQs have been pretty good. There was one that was completely stupid (do jobs looking for random loot drops) so I didn't participate. If there is another ltq in CC requiring hours of scavenger hunt, Gree can shove it. I am not doing this again.

They could have just as easily said rob $X, but at that stage it would probably be more enjoyable if they would just run PvP events, robbery events, and have LTQs energy based like 99% of the LTQs in KA.

I think anything including getting poked in the you-know-where with a hot poker is more enjoyable than this.

if Gree has any sense whatsoever, FIX IT ASAP

Dipstik
05-12-2013, 08:05 PM
See? There's an extra "look around" step involved.

kingofwale
05-12-2013, 08:06 PM
See? There's an extra "look around" step involved.

you forgot the other events there is

*buy gold*
*file report when gold doesn't arrive*

so... there you go, 2 more steps

BigMoney
05-12-2013, 09:52 PM

You know, I originally thought the same thing (it should've been rob $X instead) but I realized that probably would've been slightly less tedious but given a much bigger advantage to higher ranked players (where there are much more big money buildings). I'm guessing in order for GREE to make any amount of gold on stamina refills, the $X you'd need to rob would probably be really large, the system would be easy to game (e.g. a similar level syndicate member and I trade info on when our NCs can be robbed). It is tedious finding these stupid buildings, but I guess I prefer that to the events which only reward the highest gold spenders (e.g. collect-20s, etc).

teo
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
You know, I originally thought the same thing (it should've been rob $X instead) but I realized that probably would've been slightly less tedious but given a much bigger advantage to higher ranked players (where there are much more big money buildings). I'm guessing in order for GREE to make any amount of gold on stamina refills, the $X you'd need to rob would probably be really large, the system would be easy to game (e.g. a similar level syndicate member and I trade info on when our NCs can be robbed). It is tedious finding these stupid buildings, but I guess I prefer that to the events which only reward the highest gold spenders (e.g. collect-20s, etc).

I had a discussion with Bald Zeemer in another thread regarding value of boss at highest level etc. One thing he brought up was the difficulty finding any worthwhile items that gave a meaningful stat gain. He said that was probably the reason for the disproportionate amount of gold poured into collect 20 events. If collect 20 is even offered anymore I would predict the price of admission to drop since there is now many other places to drop your gold and get something.

Ok, that is a bit OT, but just since you brought up collect 20's

Coldjoey
05-13-2013, 12:43 AM
My question is... is this how LTQ event works in KA or MW??? Should I even bother playing this event?Both KA and MW started with a quest like this including PvE, PvP and raiding (robbing) But after that,the quest were PvE mainly with prize items more than worth while, even for campers.
.[/QUOTE]P.S. I hate saying this, but if this is how Gree decides to do this, BRING BACK TOP 20!!![/QUOTE].
You will have both.

kingofwale
05-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Both KA and MW started with a quest like this including PvE, PvP and raiding (robbing) But after that,the quest were PvE mainly with prize items more than worth while, even for campers.
.P.S. I hate saying this, but if this is how Gree decides to do this, BRING BACK TOP 20!!![/QUOTE].
You will have both.[/QUOTE]

so... let me get this straight.. After Gree tried and FAILED with this format. Someone in Gree's develop team thought.. "hey, let's roll it out the same way even thought we know people don't like it and we will eventually have to change it"???

To me that's just lazy, pure lazy

bald zeemer
05-13-2013, 03:40 AM
It's happened the same way for almost every event they've trialed and fixed in other games.