PDA

View Full Version : A FREE faction war???

puffypete
05-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Why not have a FREE faction war? No gold whatsoever and see who is the strongest. Right now, is all about the factions that have the deepest pockets, which I complete understand, but it'd be nice to see how this play out when gold is not a factor.

Thoughts? Please be constructive.

TripSD
05-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I agree that would be nice. It would even be better if it was unannounced and a surprise so you could not dump the $600 per person (or more) it takes the leaders to win into stronger units before the War started.

BigD@wg
05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
I like the idea but Gree is a business and their main goal is to make money so i dont see them offering a non-gold event. There are some groups at the top that will likely always spend. It is simply their nature and their perogative to do as they please. However, many can choose to do the opposite and just see how good you can be without gold. My signature says what we plan to do.

DME
05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Gold would still be a factor indirectly due to rewards from previous wars, LE units, etc. Strong LLP's would also have an advantage over HLP's.

Yankster
05-12-2013, 01:06 PM
I came up with something to this nature quite a while ago and the battle for Ethiopia came of it...

jchow69
05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
PUN will still be up top.

kygiacomo
05-12-2013, 01:25 PM
I like the idea but Gree is a business and their main goal is to make money so i dont see them offering a non-gold event. There are some groups at the top that will likely always spend. It is simply their nature and their perogative to do as they please. However, many can choose to do the opposite and just see how good you can be without gold. My signature says what we plan to do. thats what im gonna to do bigdawg..i used my gold on the LTQ it makes more sense to do that..u get more stats from the LTQ then u do the war anys

SHANESTER
05-12-2013, 03:38 PM
it's highly unlikely Gree would do anything to stop the gold buying. But what if they somehow posted the gold spent per team for the event. That would allow us to have a better idea how well we're doing in relation to money spent. After all it i a strategy game, which implies a battle of wits not bank accounts.

puffypete
05-12-2013, 06:24 PM
it's highly unlikely Gree would do anything to stop the gold buying. But what if they somehow posted the gold spent per team for the event. That would allow us to have a better idea how well we're doing in relation to money spent. After all it i a strategy game, which implies a battle of wits not bank accounts.

That's a great idea. Though I think GREE wouldn't do that because of the embarrassment from the top faction on how much they truly spent. ;)

Jhenry02
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Versus the free gold they receive

MadBreed
05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Why not have a FREE faction war? No gold whatsoever and see who is the strongest. Right now, is all about the factions that have the deepest pockets, which I complete understand, but it'd be nice to see how this play out when gold is not a factor.

Thoughts? Please be constructive.

You must be a free player.
Being a free player I also think the same :D

Tanner
05-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Pete, r u up for a little friendly competition!?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53979-Fight-FREE-for-BfC-Challenge-The-best-thing-you-never-spent-money-on

puffypete
05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm good. Until GREE eliminates the ability to use, I'll let my men decide how they choose to play.

Morphlingman
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I love the idea, true strategy and dedication.

sigtrygg
05-15-2013, 08:24 PM
You can count my faction (Aryan Army) in on the no gold using idea during the wars. I think this game has gotten away from being a game of strategy and more about a game of money. Gree could still get their money from Unit sales, LTQ events, etc... I have to spend a ton of gold throughout the month just to keep pace with others!!! I'm actually in the process of developing a different war game that your progress is based upon strategical decisions and not how deep your pockets are. I for one am done spending money on this game. Not to long ago if you bought two vaults of gold it would last you a long time. Two vaults of gold now doesn't even get you close to winning. I realize Gree is a business and wants to make money but their driving their customer base away.