PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Collection Timing

psxnitro
05-12-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm using a timer app that bases it's timing on the device time, so restarting the device will not reset the timing.

Just in the past few days I've noticed a lot of my building going out of sync with my timer, I think I saw someone post something about it before, but I couldn't find the thread. Anyone else experience this?

Because I think I was able to collect my NC's 3 hours earlier, or was it a delayed collection bug? Where you collected the building in your Client, but the server still thinks you didn't collect it. So when you restart the app later the server tells your client that the building never got collected, and basically makes it seem like you failed a collection, and your building got robbed in the process due to the bug?

Any thoughts?

mxz
05-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Bunch of threads on it already, but basically the app isn't notifying the server that your buildings have been collected. This may be due to closing out of the app too quick or not doing an action that would sync to the server(banking, PVP, rivals list refresh, etc..)

Previously the client would store that data and you'd be set next time you logged in. It was semi-recently changed to believe the server over the client - so if an update message was never sent it just resets the timer in case you had tried cheating.

#smugsplanation

psxnitro
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
well that sucks, I usually leave the game running. So I guess now I have to keep exiting or loading the syndicate forum everytime I collect.

itzkakarot
05-13-2013, 08:52 AM
well that sucks, I usually leave the game running. So I guess now I have to keep exiting or loading the syndicate forum everytime I collect.
A rivals list refresh is what works for me. It's pretty quick.

Toss this on the heap of many problems with a very expensive game. Wonder where all the money goes, cause it's not to the developers for sure.

Swedevil
05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
A rivals list refresh is what works for me. It's pretty quick.

Toss this on the heap of many problems with a very expensive game. Wonder where all the money goes, cause it's not to the developers for sure.

They may be getting the money. The problem isn't WHO is getting it. It's why it's not getting reinvested back in to the game...