PDA

View Full Version : To Hit List or Not To Hit List

MattThomas08
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I've been debating with people on the worth of taking part in the Hit List. I'm a believer that if you're above Level 100, this should be a no brainer that you participate. If MW and KA are any indication, the prizes will be epic.

With that said, I've got a level 91 account and a level 21 account that are boss destroyers. I'm strongly leaning toward not participating in the Hit List at all, because I'd like to get as many bosses in as I can before they become impossible.

Thoughts?

BigMoney
05-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, the current boss offered a huge increase in the top prize. I think the best boss prize attack stat that I remember was the Gold Standard Gun with 2679 Attack, and the Red Dragon is 3535A/3677D. I don't know if they did this because they plan on offering better and better prizes through the other events or what. The syndicate prizes also seem to offer much bigger stats. In my opinion, the boss events probably have the best stat to XP ratio (excluding the building upgrade events like the Chinese Pagoda), and if I were you, I'd probably sit out the Hit List. Or at least wait to see what the prizes are towards the end, since maybe ten 1k items are better than one 3k item, I don't know.

Enigma85
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm a camper too. Just sit this one out. It's not worth it!
This event isn't worth it compared to a boss event. The rewards are similar but with boss events, you can get the rare items and not level up anywhere near as much. This event requires a tonne of energy, stamina and searching for buildings. With boss battles, you don't need to go through all of that... Defeating the boss event from level 1-40, you will only gain 4,300xp in total. With this event, the constant pvp wins increases and will earn you well over 7,000xp with ease. It's a camper's worse nightmare!

Amor
05-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes BigMoney, prizes continue to be increasingly better and better. Remember when prizes for the 10 item events were 200/200? Now you can get items 50% better than that for 1 hitting a boss. This is a necessary progression for Gree to keep the income rolling in. Gold spenders will refuse to dump in more cash unless the new items clearly replace the old ones.

Enigma85
05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
And the pvp wins will also help you with the "hardcore hitman" goal, which will result in even more xp gain. Just steer clear from the hit list event!

BigMoney
05-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes BigMoney, prizes continue to be increasingly better and better. Remember when prizes for the 10 item events were 200/200? Now you can get items 50% better than that for 1 hitting a boss. This is a necessary progression for Gree to keep the income rolling in. Gold spenders will refuse to dump in more cash unless the new items clearly replace the old ones.

I'm not talking about a gradual progression though, I'm talking about a huge jump. What boss event was the one before this, the punk guy, right? The Mayhem Mobile is 2341A/1970D. The very next boss event car is 3535A/3677D. That's a huge jump. The previous couple of boss events have items whose stats sum to ~4k. This one is over 7k.

If they want to decrease campers, they should have kept boss items where they are (or worse) while offering increasingly better prizes for the XP-intensive events like the Hit List.

Icecauldron
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Low levels & campers have boss events, guess this is just to balance the equation for high levels who suck at boss events but usually have more energy to spend

kingofwale
05-10-2013, 07:54 PM
here is my recommendation.

I'm going to hide a piece of paper in a office building, and then you will go ahead and search all over for it.

and the end of the day, if you find it, I shall give you a piece candy.

Now... if that's your idea of "fun", then feel free to play Hit List.

njemt242
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Full speed ahead for me

montecore
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
This event actually sucks for high level players. Good luck finding a hood with a pawn shop, period. I'm sure there are plenty of level 215 players who insist on keeping their electronics stores, and then not collecting.

(CCK) Cam
05-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Don't do this event. It it to try and get campers to move up and spend more gold.

DaHoosier
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
You need to add in it will likely give a bunch of respect 20k or more and usually at some point there are items with extra bonus attached like +10 regen etc. too bad we don't have Devin here in CC.

The rewards get much better the higher you go, the end prize is almost irrelevent.

Likely 20k or more In Stat increases if you finish.

Dipstik
05-10-2013, 08:42 PM
How the hell do you trigger this event anyway? I have no goals...

BigMoney
05-10-2013, 09:03 PM
This event actually sucks for high level players. Good luck finding a hood with a pawn shop, period. I'm sure there are plenty of level 215 players who insist on keeping their electronics stores, and then not collecting.

It's hard for me to tell because I own some of the low level buildings still, but I believe the buildings you are supposed to rob appear in order on the money buildings menu. Laundromat, pawn shop, etc. are the first few buildings IIRC. They are still (almost?) in order at the point I'm at (souvenir store, electronics store, arcade). It would be easy for a low level person to start, but the number of rivals you need to fight increases by 5 each time, and good luck killing 75, 80, 85, etc. rivals in a row with as much stamina as you had when delis and barber shops were common sights in hoods.

Dipstik
05-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Anyone know if you can complete goals before they show up? Rob everything and see if its a goal?

Crime Time
05-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I have no goals...

So sad... Someone give him a goal .

psxnitro
05-10-2013, 10:02 PM
here is my recommendation.

I'm going to hide a piece of paper in a office building, and then you will go ahead and search all over for it.

and the end of the day, if you find it, I shall give you a piece candy.

Now... if that's your idea of "fun", then feel free to play Hit List.

ROFL, this made me bust out laughing! My sentiments exactly. I'm actually just farming boss 50 now, since I just went over to to Tier 3. Had to sell most of my low level building too, since my news feed is getting full of green pot shots, and pushing links I have off my news feed.

groovdog
05-11-2013, 12:52 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about this event. Based on history in MW and KA we wont see its like again as its a poor money maker because so many people hate it.

cooch
05-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Is it just me or coincidence. Start looking for awhile for a single laundrymat..plenty of pizza etc stores.. you get to next lvl of building attack and they are not there but the previous or next lvl above are in the hoods you can go to?! Taking a lot longer than needed....especially since most hoods have dumped these low lvl bldgs. Lot of XP gain and not a good strategy if you are camping or need to increase a/d.. Wonder what lvl does it become worthwhile.

cooch
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Anyone know if you can complete goals before they show up? Rob everything and see if its a goal?

Dippy you on Droid? I think one person with IOs on our syn is having same problem as you...I assume a full reset etc has not worked? Same for him. Not sure why only a few are having issues.

MattThomas08
05-11-2013, 03:23 AM

Dip you have the latest a update? You should see it in your goals before you can start it.

gunny22
05-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Thoughts?
I don't want to beat up Officer Lin, she's so cute. I don't hit women.
I'm gonna sue Greed for promoting violence against women. ;)

Intrance
05-11-2013, 05:55 AM
You prob gain 3x the exp then boss events but also prob 3x more stats. So it turns out to be the same in my opinion

Edit: only if you finish elite tho

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 06:06 AM
XP gain isn't the demon it once was - you will be able to gain stats from LTQ now.

The Billionaire
05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
LTQ all the way Matt

The stat boost from LTQs is far greater than what you'll get from a boss event.

I'd probably stick to boss events with your low level account though because I'm guessing your energy and stamina is low and will hinder your progress

moocow
05-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Imo, it's not worth it. If you have boss killer accounts then try camp it out, especially if you are close to 100. LTQ will give you massive amounts of exp and in the long run you will level out faster.

LTQ quest 1-40 has been stated at 40k exp? and im not sure if this factors into account the 1050 rival fights + robbing and gold spent, whereas boss event is gold free and less exp.

MattThomas08
05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Just in case anybody is wondering how this fairy tail played out, I'm not taking part in the LTQ. I'm very happy with my decision, especially with the huge XP gain and the difficulty of hunting down crappy buildings. Because I'm killing bosses and my life of killing final bosses will be limited, I'm going to focus on those.

Depending on how strong you are (ie are you a boss killer?) I think should dictate if you participate in LTQ. If you're above L100, it's probably a good idea IMO.

Edit: Thanks for your thoughts. I thought people might benefit from a discussion on this anyway.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Just in case anybody is wondering how this fairy tail played out, I'm not taking part in the LTQ. I'm very happy with my decision, especially with the huge XP gain and the difficulty of hunting down crappy buildings. Because I'm killing bosses and my life of killing final bosses will be limited, I'm going to focus on those.

Depending on how strong you are (ie are you a boss killer?) I think should dictate if you participate in LTQ. If you're above L100, it's probably a good idea IMO.

Edit: Thanks for your thoughts. I thought people might benefit from a discussion on this anyway.

If you are above level 100 there is absolutely no question about it. Avoiding leveling up provides no benefit. The LTQ provide a large stat boost. End of story.

Bala82
05-12-2013, 03:26 AM
If you are above level 100 there is absolutely no question about it. Avoiding leveling up provides no benefit. The LTQ provide a large stat boost. End of story.

I am so lucky this came as i approach level 100 :)

sister morphine
05-12-2013, 03:52 AM
The stat boost is one thing, but there's definitely a case to be made against levelling up too fast for syndicate wars. The higher you go the harder it is to score the top marks, and the more juicy a target you become for those below you.

xRedfoxx
05-12-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm on an iPad....anyone know what I can do to get it to show up? I've shut the iPad down completely and that hasn't worked.

Bala82
05-12-2013, 05:27 AM
It depends on your level in the game so far anyone under level 40 will not recieve the goals.

xRedfoxx
05-12-2013, 05:31 AM
It depends on your level in the game so far anyone under level 40 will not recieve the goals.

That would be it...I'm level 31...too new :(

reesebutton
05-12-2013, 07:14 PM

I received the hit list when I was L37 or 38. iOS btw.

Butt Futter
05-13-2013, 04:26 AM
The stat boost is one thing, but there's definitely a case to be made against levelling up too fast for syndicate wars. The higher you go the harder it is to score the top marks, and the more juicy a target you become for those below you.

That depends on your stats. ;)

KidWiz
05-13-2013, 05:37 AM
I for myself started the event and stopped at goal 12. For the rewards you are getting compared to XP gained and time wasted it's not worth it.

Gree should work on this in CC to make it similar to those events in MW. The current PvE event is way better and rewards including a unit with bonus is worth doing it. Compared to the XP gained in MW (I only leveled once) the gain in stats (about 4- 5k without final unit) the effort / effect ratio is higher than Hit Lists.

sister morphine
05-13-2013, 06:00 AM
They probably will change it. Maybe there's an ulterior motive for how this one has been

Butt Futter
05-13-2013, 06:58 AM
They probably will change it. Maybe there's an ulterior motive for how this one has been

They have to create a baseline so I'm guessing that is why there is so much in this event.