PDA

View Full Version : LTQ event idea is cool, horrible implementation .

kingofwale
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I do like the idea of doing special missions.

but to ask me to find a pawn shop in someone's hood??? What the point of that?

How will this benefit Gree to get millions of people clicking all over the place looking for 1 building?? At my level, you'd be idiot to not have sold that pawn shop to save space for something more worth a while.

What a waste of event.

Bala82
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Yes this happend in first LTQ Event in modern war, people kept complaining how difficult it is. These are more suitable low level player but they won't be able to get goal 20:

kingofwale
05-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes this happend in first LTQ Event in modern war, people kept complaining how difficult it is. These are more suitable low level player but they won't be able to get goal 20:

forget goal 20, i can't get pass level 6. It's not difficult, diffcult would be finding the best way to win a Sydnicate war.. this is just plain stupid.

It's like, "looking for a hood that is 25x25 exactly" or "look for a dark avatar with blonde hair"

.. What the hell is the point???

AFed
05-10-2013, 01:22 PM
forget goal 20, i can't get pass level 6. It's not difficult, diffcult would be finding the best way to win a Sydnicate war.. this is just plain stupid.

It's like, "looking for a hood that is 25x25 exactly" or "look for a dark avatar with blonde hair"

.. What the hell is the point???

Yep...kinda screwed at high lvl. I've gone through 400 hoods so far. Hurt being in a noon meeting

Timmaaay
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Finding a deli is like finding a needle in a haystack. If this was all energy based, then people might be more likely to spend gold on energy refills but people will get frustrated eventually quit trying to find a damn pizza parlor.

groovdog
05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
And for the low level high stats players like me who can find all that crap the xp is horrific. Hint Gree, when you tried these in MW and KA EVERYONE hated them. Do it correctly pls.

LisaM
05-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this. Unless I see there is an awesome modifier unit that's reachable.

Bala82
05-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this. Unless I see there is an awesome modifier unit that's reachable.

I wish i could pass but since i was crazy enough create log topic i need fill in up ( so much trying be like Devin )

AFed
05-10-2013, 02:06 PM
While this would also adversely affect my search to complete the LTQ, if I had any of these low bldgs at a high level I'd sell them off as an f you to GREE. If nobody in the big spenders tier has them, GREE can't make money off of refills.

daystardawg
05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
gree should have put two buildings in the goal, one low level, one high level. but that would require them to think.

Kidkiller
05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Main complaint really is the pvp I'd better liked an entire PVE like MW actual LTQ.

BigMoney
05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Main complaint really is the pvp I'd better liked an entire PVE like MW actual LTQ.

Perhaps they thought the PvE was too easy to game (e.g. complete all multi-click jobs up until the last hit). That's what I did anyway (well, with the map bosses-- they're still getting me with the multi-click building jobs and other characters).

rustbinlid
05-10-2013, 06:29 PM

How will this benefit Gree to get millions of people clicking all over the place looking for 1 building?? At my level, you'd be idiot to not have sold that pawn shop to save space for something more worth a while.

What a waste of event.

On the contrary I am level 210, found lots of pawn shops, but none ready to collect.

nytelock
05-10-2013, 10:16 PM
No one has delis at high levels! Come on.

kingofwale
05-10-2013, 10:18 PM
No one has delis at high levels! Come on.

I just built one for people. look for SC at 169 if you can. Cheers. :)

bald zeemer
05-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Delis are easy. It's the gun shops that'll get ya.

05-11-2013, 12:04 AM
It took me a while to find a Pizza Parlor X5, & I'm not even high level.

Fatherllama
05-11-2013, 03:10 AM
Not even to mention that the stats on the items are mediocre until at least midway through normal, there appear to be no boost units in the rewards, and the experience gain is hellacious.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 03:26 AM
Do you want them to hand out 20 (or 40) high stat items, plus the end item?

I'm having a hard time getting on board the "I'd have to put in some effort for free stats, this is absurd" angle that a lot of folks seem to be running.

groovdog
05-11-2013, 03:29 AM

I'm having a hard time getting on board the "I'd have to put in some effort for free stats, this is absurd" angle that a lot of folks seem to be running.Well this is what is being done in MW and KA so basically yes. If not then why bother. And thats the point for Gree right? Mo money mo money mo money. And its not free stats, its levels I dont want for obscene effort hunting single buildings (and I am only 74 so its easier for me then for most) and gold for energy/sta regens.

Easy to sit on top of the world and cast stones.

BOS
05-11-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm level 250, and on 10/40 Elite....It's not that hard :rolleyes:. Just takes a lil tappin, but I guess all old timers playing this game are used to that... Good luck peeps

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Well this is what is being done in MW and KA so basically yes. If not then why bother. And thats the point for Gree right? Mo money mo money mo money. And its not free stats, its levels I dont want for obscene effort hunting single buildings (and I am only 74 so its easier for me then for most) and gold for energy/sta regens.

Easy to sit on top of the world and cast stones.

The whole point is to create an incentive to stop camping. 6 days is more than enough time to finish the first round.
As it stands a completion of the normal round will give slightly more than a 40-boss completion. This allows 100+ players with normal stats to get the sorts of boost that campers have been getting. Holding back means that you are no longer gaining an advantage over higher level players - thus mitigating the ridiculous benefits that accrue to campers. To clarify, I'm not against camping as a strategy. It is the sensible move, given the way the game works. However, any game where not playing provides better outcomes to playing is clearly broken. The LTQs might not fix it, but they are certainly a step in the right direction.

The problem with what they're doing in KA is that stat inflation is enormously out of control. I'm pretty sure there are more mil+ stat players in KA, despite the fact that the game is a year younger - and likely to be many, many more sooner rather than later.

Bala82
05-11-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm level 250, and on 10/40 Elite....It's not that hard :rolleyes:. Just takes a lil tappin, but I guess all old timers playing this game are used to that... Good luck peeps

At you level you can find pizza parlour and barbershop

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 04:15 AM
The biggest problem is the RL playing silly buggers. I spend 90 minutes hunting delis - then once I'd finished off had 2 ready to rob in the next 4 hoods I went to. And it's not just observation bias - I've got a list of who's got what, and refreshing to find them is significantly slower than hunting down new ones.

BOS
05-11-2013, 04:46 AM
At you level you can find pizza parlour and barbershop

Yes sir

The biggest problem is the RL playing silly buggers. I spend 90 minutes hunting delis - then once I'd finished off had 2 ready to rob in the next 4 hoods I went to. And it's not just observation bias - I've got a list of who's got what, and refreshing to find them is significantly slower than hunting down new ones.

Greed's playin tricks on us...:D

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 04:59 AM
This is the first time I haven't minded so much. The sheer thrill of finally getting something you worked for adds to the game (wow, just like real life, things handed to you on a platter are less enjoyable - who woulda thunkit?).

That said, I'm still kinda dreading hunting down Gun Shops again. I think I've finished off the rest of the worst ones.

annezonly
05-11-2013, 05:53 AM
finding the buildings are easy enough for us lower members (lvl 76) the energy lvl is worse, I have to hit then wait for it to regenerate.. yawn!!

Droop1972
05-11-2013, 06:01 AM

I'm having a hard time getting on board the "I'd have to put in some effort for free stats, this is absurd" angle that a lot of folks seem to be running.

at level 190, there are very few pizza parlors. there are just about zero players with a 24 hour building uncollected. I have spent 6 solid hours looking for a pawn shop. something that would make sense would be rob 50 buildings or rob $50,000.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Exactly. Low levels participate, but are limited by energy/stamina. High levels participate, but have to work hard to find buildings.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Path dependency says no.

groovdog
05-11-2013, 06:34 AM
The whole point is to create an incentive to stop camping. 6 days is more than enough time to finish the first round.
As it stands a completion of the normal round will give slightly more than a 40-boss completion. This allows 100+ players with normal stats to get the sorts of boost that campers have been getting. Holding back means that you are no longer gaining an advantage over higher level players - thus mitigating the ridiculous benefits that accrue to campers. To clarify, I'm not against camping as a strategy. It is the sensible move, given the way the game works. However, any game where not playing provides better outcomes to playing is clearly broken. The LTQs might not fix it, but they are certainly a step in the right direction.

The problem with what they're doing in KA is that stat inflation is enormously out of control. I'm pretty sure there are more mil+ stat players in KA, despite the fact that the game is a year younger - and likely to be many, many more sooner rather than later.Take it from someone who was camping MW (I came out for the first event after having started KA doing them from scratch), this isnt stopping camping as the problem with normal is the xp is horrific. Gear might be slightly better than 40 boss event (I would disagree with you based on my run to boss 43 this time btw) but its gonna add 10 levels whereas boss adds one. Currently at boss 43 having spent a modest amount (<100) of gold. Getting almost all uncommon/rare so most are equivalent to many of the items in the first 2/3 of quest. I am sitting at 74 after having done through 11 on this event and coming to the conclusion I would rather sit just under 76 for next boss event rather than get this gear. Part of that is hope that they change the event to something resembling KA/MW and part of this is knowing I will be able to do to 50 with no gold next event assuming I stay <76. This will provide me quanity as well as quality for the last 24 levels (50 vs 20 items) which is important as I level into the next tier.

I am one of those KA people you are talking about at 520K indestructible after 3 months. I am currently gaining atk during conquest events as I pick up trash units that are better than my trash units that I lose :) But as far as stat inflation goes does it really matter? Everyone has a fair shot at the same gear. In fact it benefits newer players like me more than older players so at least you get new people rising up to replace some of those leaving. And if you do what I do, I can never catch you. I can never have the same bonuses (missing the common 20% regen for example). So older players of comparable effort will always be ahead of me.

This is unlike CC where newbies are destined to be 3rd rate unless something changes. I am not asking to compete with people who have been here for years and are smart gold players. But I should be able to compete with people who do not understand economics, do not think through their game playing, and who dont spend gold regardless of how long they have been here.

Finally KA gives campers the ability to rise up rather than camp by necessity. If you are a free player and a camper you are screwed but since when is that something new. All of these free-to-play games arent at higher levels and everyone knows it.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Take it from someone who was camping MW (I came out for the first event after having started KA doing them from scratch), this isnt stopping camping as the problem with normal is the xp is horrific. Gear might be slightly better than 40 boss event (I would disagree with you based on my run to 43 this time btw) but its gonna add 10 levels whereas boss adds one. Currently at 43 having spent a modest amount (<100) of gold. I am sitting at 74 after having done through 11 on this event and coming to the conclusion I would rather sit just under 76 for next boss event rather than get this gear. Part of that is hope that they change the event to something resembling KA/MW and part of this is knowing I will be able to do to 50 with no gold next event assuming I stay <76.

The point isn't levels gained, it's relative stat advantage. You can gain more stats per level, but if you are constantly losing ground then it's not helping you, except against low level players who aren't camping properly.

Opportunity cost is the rub.

But as far as stat inflation goes does it really matter? Everyone has a fair shot at the same gear. In fact it benefits newer players like me more than older players so at least you get new people rising up to replace some of those leaving. And if you do what I do, I can never catch you. I can never have the same bonuses (missing the common 20% regen for example).
If attack modifiers weren't solely held by existing top players, this might be true. As it is, the very top players have 100%+ stat mods, those on their heels have around 70%, and new/up and coming players have 0-10%.

Fatherllama
05-11-2013, 06:54 AM

No, I'm saying the items are terrible for what you put into then in terms of time, resources and experience and that the event generally isn't worth doing if you're below level 100.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 06:56 AM
I get that - my point was that if great items were granted at every level you'd not be gaining any ground on higher level players anyway.

But if you sit this out, you are losing ground. So when you finally hit 101, you'll be further behind than you otherwise would be.

HaroldFinch
05-11-2013, 08:19 AM

What a waste of event.

yeah 100% agree

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Gold prerogative - you can sit out any events you please and still match stat boost.

AFed
05-11-2013, 09:54 AM
From a monetary perspective it's a dumb move by GREE. Turns off a lot of players. Would make more if they had attack XXX and rob XXX for a goal. Easier to do for the players and they would spend more gold on refills.

Bala82
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Well every LTQ first event is like this -the question is if the next one is like this or will move energy based one which is the prediction.

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Attack x is more or less a PvP event, which is great for players but caused minimal gold spend. A pure PvE event would become a de facto auction event - but significantly more annoying for those who are at the pointy end - and they already have an event that deals with those looking to auction for stats.

I understand where a lot of this angst is coming from, but when boiled down most of it is "this event should give me more stats for less gold" or "this event should give me more stats for less time". I cannot support either argument. Perhaps an occasional "all numbers are multiplied by 10" event would keep people happy?

TL:DR; if everyone's stats go up, nobody's stats go up.

groovdog
05-11-2013, 10:17 AM
The point isn't levels gained, it's relative stat advantage. You can gain more stats per level, but if you are constantly losing ground then it's not helping you, except against low level players who aren't camping properly.

Opportunity cost is the rub.

If attack modifiers weren't solely held by existing top players, this might be true. As it is, the very top players have 100%+ stat mods, those on their heels have around 70%, and new/up and coming players have 0-10%.Dont disagree with you. If I was 65 I would be running the event. Given that most arent going to run it to anywhere near full completion (due to energy/stam/buildings/gold or dislike of the event) and I am sitting right below tier I view my opportunity cost as relatively low especially when you factor in the likely gold requirement to move much past normal given my relatively low level (despite having all my points well mixed in energy and stamina I wouldnt get full buys in sta). I figure next boss event run to completion + 10-20 extras with minimal gold and upcoming war will position me to run the next event to completion and get more bang for my gold then just running full out on everything. That is the factor in opportunity cost you didnt factor in, likely because it doesnt impact you nearly as much, namely constrained gold spending.

As far as mods go I realize we might effectively catch up but unless you are Top25-50 that time will be later rather than sooner. I dont see myself Top 25 in CC unless I quit another Gree game as I cant meet the reqs it in what I consider my 3rd Gree game (plus I like my syndicate).

bald zeemer
05-11-2013, 10:28 AM
I fully understand your position. Even when "properly" optimised (according to my own definition of allowing people to play actively without an inherent penalty) there will be instances where holding off are optimal - and on the verge of a highly profitable tier would be one of those instances.

In terms of the opportunity cost of gold, I believe you do me a disservice. I admit I haven't crunched the numbers (because they aren't personally relevant), but having run through the event on normal I see nothing at all that would prevent a free player, properly dedicated, from completing the event (to the first stage). I'm quite sure that the gold efficiency of the second stage isn't up to normal gold efficiency of boss events - but given that syndicates are out that sholdn't be an issue. Syndicates are the best stats for gold option around, closely followed by building upgrade events (assuming one has in-game cash).

The larger issue is that so little action has occurred for so long that the idea that bosses are the only viable stat-booster has become doctrinal. It is my believe that due to recent events that supposition is no longer necessarily true.

Fatherllama
05-11-2013, 10:57 PM
I get that - my point was that if great items were granted at every level you'd not be gaining any ground on higher level players anyway.

But if you sit this out, you are losing ground. So when you finally hit 101, you'll be further behind than you otherwise would be.

Actually, I think you lose ground if you do this event. It appears to be as much experience as you could do two bosses in, and maybe three. The stats from those events will far outweigh anything you receive from the LTQ for a fraction of the experience, not to mention that they can be done for free with no hassles. Experience is a negative stat for those who crawl -- effectively a cost -- so you have to look at what kind of stats you receive versus how much it will level you. This LTQ comes out on the extreme negative end of that equation.

Spartacus18888
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I hate to disagree....there is no way this event could be done normally without gold....i've tried....i've started throwing gold in now.....

Spartacus18888
05-12-2013, 01:06 AM
and as for only levelling up once.....im at level 182, I was level 180 before.....

bald zeemer
05-12-2013, 01:17 AM
There's 3 1/2 days left. That you started throwing gold at it now doesn't mean it can't be done without gold.

240 stamina a day (+10% if you have the class bonus) to achieve 1000 wins and around 100 robs, in 5 days. It's doable. Add the stamina you took into the event, plus the refills on level ups and it should be quite comfortable.

Ben Weston
05-12-2013, 01:44 AM
the bit of this that's bugging the hell out of me is looking for some of the buildings, I've now spent ~4-5 hour of gameplay looking for houses to rob, the only hood I've found with houses to rob and the guy had stats over twice mine so no chance what so ever of being able to rob them.

awesome.

Droop1972
05-12-2013, 01:59 AM
I hate to disagree....there is no way this event could be done normally without gold....i've tried....i've started throwing gold in now.....

I think I can get the first 40 without gold. 3600 energy and 110 stamina with @ 33% energy regen bonus. the only issue is finding the buildings to rob. the pizza parlor, diner and gas stations took more than a few hours a piece/

Bala82
05-12-2013, 02:25 AM

I am kind of glad this event started on friday it would more annoying if this event start in middle of the week

Ben Weston
05-12-2013, 02:25 AM
why isn't there a gold option to bypass a difficult level?

Ben Weston
05-12-2013, 04:08 AM
JHC, upon levelling up LTQ wise I got the buildings I needed on my 2nd visit :O

Spartacus18888
05-12-2013, 06:55 AM
sorry - but I cant see it being done non gold, id love to be proved wrong - from level 30 your talking 12 hours recharge, without bonus per level - and that without the flaming hours looking for the buildings.....and now as its sunday, im spending a good while to find someone to attack - who has any stamina left....lol....

kerching
05-12-2013, 09:07 AM
sorry - but I cant see it being done non gold, id love to be proved wrong - from level 30 your talking 12 hours recharge, without bonus per level - and that without the flaming hours looking for the buildings.....and now as its sunday, im spending a good while to find someone to attack - who has any stamina left....lol....

I agree. Very, very difficult without gold

dudeman
05-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Hours hunting for buildings: least fun idea EVER!

len
05-12-2013, 05:19 PM
I cannot for the life of me find two houses to rob. If you find this monotonous repetition fun, then good on you, but it's not for me.

Butt Futter
05-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Completed elite level and I won't be doing this even again. Spent 2 straight days looking for buildings all day long. Probably spent a vault of gold for a 50k stat gain so the price is worth it, but not the time. I also leveled up from 157 to 164.

Max Power
05-13-2013, 06:52 AM
Hours hunting for buildings: least fun idea EVER!

Exactly. I quit in the first 5 minutes. It's summer, the sun is shining. Last thing I want to do is sit for hours looking for Pizza Parlors.

robilco
05-13-2013, 07:53 AM
If you're around level 60 to 70 .... This event is good, you should be able to find lots of buildings to progress ... But if you're up at a high level (and not having superb stats), its a bit of a pain

robilco
05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
AND .... Forcing people to spend lots of time "playing" (looking for certain buildings) during the week when they have work/college/school is just not on.

Having major participation events (like battles) should be confined to the weekend

The_Don
05-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Too tedious hunting around for that one building, not fun

Tweeky Munchkin
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
It's really not fun, and difficult to complete without gold. While I do like the jump in stats I got from completing this, I don't think I want to waste so much time and gold ever again - need better missions!!

Butt Futter
05-15-2013, 03:23 AM
The gold spent in this event is the best value Tweeky. Time on the other hand.....

Mr.T
05-15-2013, 03:25 AM
True
True

Bala82
05-15-2013, 03:49 AM
It's really not fun, and difficult to complete without gold. While I do like the jump in stats I got from completing this, I don't think I want to waste so much time and gold ever again - need better missions!!

Trust me next set will have tougher maps that require 10,000 energy to complete

Tweeky Munchkin
05-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Trust me next set will have tougher maps that require 10,000 energy to complete

I believe it. Pretty soon we'll have to find 10 casinos and office buildings to rob.

rutty
05-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I've personally really enjoyed this LTQ. My (rather weedy) stats have had a nice jump and it's reinvigorated my PvPing a bit. I say it's a good attempt at creating something for everyone, even though they can never keep everyone happy.

jkppkj
05-15-2013, 10:15 AM
I've personally really enjoyed this LTQ. My (rather weedy) stats have had a nice jump and it's reinvigorated my PvPing a bit. I say it's a good attempt at creating something for everyone, even though they can never keep everyone happy.

Any event is better than no event, imho. I've sat plenty out, whether it be because I didn't like the event or real life was doing a good job of keeping me away from my tablet, and I don't feel screwed. Then again, I'll never be the king of CC; I kind of like the idea that the kings of CC have to waste extraordinary amounts of time and $$$ just to satisfy that need to have the best stats.