PDA

View Full Version : Banned players, what to do about?

josempolo
05-10-2013, 06:54 AM
We know some players that have made some glitches on the game, to increase stamina or energy. They were banned, but Gree do not see that there is no glitches to buy gold or cash. During battle they spent a lot of real money to buy gold and uints to fight. Gree do not see the potential damage in themselves, to get reduced income, and lost of player satisfaction.
I agree they be penalized, by lost of some units, or some income or something. But if they took everything from a banned player, they lost their faith on the game, and many players will be eventually out of game, been an example to others to quit or not play gold.
In this game I have seen many players cheating, and they still there. I know that all of us, want to win over other players, like in real life. But Gree needs to be flexible on that, considering the great amount of real dollars spent on this game (incomes for Gree)
Do you agree?

Anjunbeats
05-10-2013, 07:01 AM
So cheater who are buying some gold should be less penalized than normal players? Sounds like an idea Greedy would like!

I don't get how someone can come up with that. There should be a non tolerance policy with any kind of cheating: Lifetime ban.

vball
05-10-2013, 07:04 AM
So you are saying because they spend money all is forgiven even though they knowingly cheated. This smacks of self-justification to me. Just because there is a glitch,, does not mean it is right. Heck if that was true Microsoft would be out of business.

This is extremely poor logic and would scare away a far greater number of legitimate people who would otherwise spend money.

Cheaters should be banned permanently. Period, end of story.

-TANGO-
05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I agree they be penalized, by lost of some units, or some income or something. But if they took everything from a banned player, they lost their faith on the game, and many players will be eventually out of game, been an example to others to quit or not play gold.

I think you've lost the plot.

Your time may be best served questioning why your team mates hacked in the first place rather than the severity of GREE's disciplinary action.

Just a thought......

Tctiger
05-10-2013, 07:16 AM
this hacker of which you speak wouldn't be you would it ? if it is haha bye bye .

BlackArrow
05-10-2013, 07:40 AM
So you say that if everything is taken away from a banned player...then that player might "lose faith in the game and quit?"

Oh no, that would be terrible.....

ppownage
05-10-2013, 07:44 AM
glitches arent made their found.

josempolo
05-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Many players I know from my faction and other factions too, are several penalized. Thank“s God not me. This glitches not maje too much difference, and yes I plea for reconsider, all real money they spent; and game of war, to win is all about; I agrree that all must be on same conditions, but Gree allowed to do it. I agree cheaters to be penalized, like in real life, but all lost it hurts on money pocket.

andypandy2
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Can somebody help me out here? What, exactly, did these players do? If they did something on an unlocked device, then... Off with their heads!

Tctiger
05-10-2013, 08:32 AM
so i gues you would say 500 p91's wouldn't make much difference ? i highly doubt it was a glitch stumbled apon , more like all out hacking .
They have been hurting honest players in thier pocket driving WD points up so i say good on gree , do yourself a favour and ditch your hacker friends and find yourself an honest faction .

GuyInLobsterSuit
05-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Life ban cheaters.
Next.

SGT Rud
05-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Another thread about hacking and penalization. I am just a player and by no means care what Gree does to hackers. If they want to give them 100k free gold for exploiting the game, great. If they want to remove them permanently from the game and take their unborn child, so be it. We should respect the decision the Gree makes on their own behalf, as a company, and keep our noses out of their business. If you have an issue with getting attacked by a hacker, one that you presume to be a hacker, take a screen shot, forward it to gree and request to have what the hacker took to be replaced. Not sure if you will get it or not, but at least you did what you could.

My Opinion - Hackers are a leech on this game and our society. I believe they should be completely banned, and all contributions they have made to their faction removed, to include bonuses up to the amount of their donations. But, my opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter to Gree. They hack some gold, drive up WD points, make others spend more on gold to get the prize they want, and cause thread after thread on the topic of hacking.

If you want out, find yourself a faction that isn't a safe haven for hackers. Don't get yourself mixed up in that mess. Gree could come down and punish all in the faction for the deeds of the one.

dthfrmabv
05-10-2013, 08:46 AM
We know some players that have made some glitches on the game, to increase stamina or energy. They were banned, but Gree do not see that there is no glitches to buy gold or cash. During battle they spent a lot of real money to buy gold and uints to fight. Gree do not see the potential damage in themselves, to get reduced income, and lost of player satisfaction.
In this game I have seen many players cheating, and they still there. I know that all of us, want to win over other players, like in real life. But Gree needs to be flexible on that, considering the great amount of real dollars spent on this game (incomes for Gree)
Do you agree?

I hope I am wrong but what your saying is if a player spent money on this game and cheated he should get a slap on the wrist... and not get banned from the game? I think your assumption that
But if they took everything from a banned (hacking or cheating) player, they lost their faith on the game, and many players will be eventually out of game, been an example to others to quit or not play gold.
other players will leave or quit the game because a hacker was penalized will lose faith in this game is wrong. Contrary they will gain more faith in the game if they penalized a hacker even if the player was a gold player.

I think that even if it is a free player, $1 player or $10,000 player if he hacks, took advantage of a glitch when he should have not done so, cheated, or used or got gold via scrupulous way the player should be banned for life!

And yes I say ban the player for life!

Thief
05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Life ban cheaters.
Next.

Couldn't agree more
ZERO Tolerance.

That would be like going to the store. Stealing a bunch of stuff and then buying a pack of gum on your way out....but officer i was buying something. Please don't arrest me.

yankeefreak
05-10-2013, 08:53 AM
How does one hack gold. I want to learn

sacromyces
05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
It's a game your not buying real trinkets. The money is not an investment in your future however; a price simply payed for entertainment. And as far as hacking is concerned Gree is the Judge, Jury, and The Warden. I think I heard some of that from Pirate Justice.

jon_funzio
05-10-2013, 09:18 AM

Like this:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/144940108-gold-bar-being-cut-with-a-hacksaw-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=TjOvxF%2biCI2iI6EyeNXmittrMBYmRYyUD60oPOAEA8XB3y qNvrF6jNSJXspp3Pn4

sledge 187
05-10-2013, 09:21 AM
OH, I get it!
If i take steroids but train really hard, then it's ok
If I rob a bank but have a day job, it's ok

You think these players should get a "haha we caught you, now give back the 50mil in rp items and go play with your friends"? Or "hey you cant donate 200 mil per day and buy 300 tactical strike subs with 500k iph at lev 35, we will just take those subs, go play"

"During battle they spent a lot of real money to buy gold and uints to fight. Gree do not see the potential damage in themselves, to get reduced income, and lost of player satisfaction."

I still like to think there are more clean players not enjoying, not playing, not spending because of the filth you are describing! That is where income is lost!! Maybe we should all leave this game to the hacks?

And the winner goes to....... the hack that held the 9 key the longest in front of his doomsday frags!!

thunder
05-10-2013, 11:27 AM
No its not ok. Thats like you robbing from a store and say dont have me arrested i bought things from here in the past.

josempolo
05-10-2013, 04:37 PM
We dtill money from rivals attacking or riding... With my teamates, the only thing is they increase energy or stamina. Other players hack like you said, 50 to 300 P91 pounder, prize that is only one per player; other JUJU get 350 LE sets in less than 20 min after sale was expired how can it be? This do a lot of difference (increasing his att/def in 200 to 400k in half an hour)....

Sardesimo
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
All the officers of ICF (insane clown faction), my faction, ranked 25 in Ireland were banned because we spoke out against FUN Forum United Nation. Not just banned but hacked as their old accounts are still active! The gree developers who comprise most of the players in FUN stole their accounts! The banned players cumulatively spent $10,000 last war and just because we voice an opinion were hijacked!

Auspex
05-10-2013, 05:06 PM
All the officers of ICF (insane clown faction), my faction, ranked 25 in Ireland were banned

If they were banned enough said...

If they were hacked send a ticket into Gree support.

ProudClown
05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I went to Game Spot and bought a war game for $59.99. Last month I spent $1,700 on MW. Which is the real war game and which is gambling?

Selfproclaimed
05-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Hacking energy is no different than a common thief. This isn't a free non online game your playing from the 90s. This is a game with real money involved. I don't care if your hacking gold, money,energy or stamina, it all takes away from what real money users have spent. You are no different than a common thief. At least some thieves do it for survival, hackers do it for their entertainment.

Durt McGurt
05-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you gree.

solo.modernwar
05-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Do you agree?

ARE YOU FOR REAL???

Your logic is incredibly flawed. Take a gander at the posts in your thread... do you see a common theme? It's called "common sense".

And by the way... anyone can purchase 4 and 2-unit LE sets long after the offer is expired as long as it's in one's own inventory or another rival's/ally's inventory - just tap on the unit and it gives you the option to purchase the gold unit. When this is done, the 4 or 2-unit LE set comes up in a separate window and can be purchased as a set. THIS is not a glitch or a hack. The purchase button is there for a reason.

DME
05-10-2013, 07:27 PM
At least some thieves do it for survival, hackers do it for their entertainment.

Well, you could argue that a game is about entertainment and that hackers are playing in a way that they find entertaining. It is against the ToS that are agreed to however, so it will only ever be temporary.

Note : I do not agree with the hacking, especially when done to reduce the enjoyability of legitimate players, but can understand why people would when everything is devised in a way to part people with their money.

King little fruit fly
05-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I never hack the game, and you all know it; but my evil twin brother was banned here on this forum, so I spend a lot less nowadays. :mad:

solo.modernwar
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
The focus of hacking isn't "to reduce the enjoyability of legitimate players" - it is done to cheat and to gain a dishonest advantage. It devalues what other legitimate customers are paying for when hackers are producing a counterfeit version/outcome.

DME
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Couldn't you also argue that paying gains a dishonest advantage over non payers when they can get access to items that non payers can't?
I know it's not technically the same, but there are similarities.

Selfproclaimed
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, you could argue that a game is about entertainment and that hackers are playing in a way that they find entertaining. It is against the ToS that are agreed to however, so it will only ever be temporary.

Note : I do not agree with the hacking, especially when done to reduce the enjoyability of legitimate players, but can understand why people would when everything is devised in a way to part people with their money.

I understand what you mean, the real money involved in this game is ridiculous. But hacking a game where people spend real money to gain an advantage whilst others hack it, is simple thievery. These money making games that are setup very similar to this game are all over the AppStore. You go to top charts and all these games do the same thing. Different title. In no way do I agree with it because I come from console games. Where a player pays a 59.99 amount for a brand new game and that's that. But it's a changing of the tide where even console games are finding more ways to get better buck by releasing add ons after add ons.

DME
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
But it's a changing of the tide where even console games are finding more ways to get better buck by releasing add ons after add ons.

Yea, back in the day you'd get proper expansion packs, whereas now they often leave content out just so they can sell it later as DLC and it's often nowhere near as much as you used to get in the expansion packs of the past. The base games tend to offer less gameplay time too.

The real problem with "freemium"/"pay to win" games (as I see it anyway) is that people tend to play games as an escape from reality, but in these kinds of games the pay factor makes it nearly impossible to do that.

kygiacomo
05-10-2013, 09:34 PM
All the officers of ICF (insane clown faction), my faction, ranked 25 in Ireland were banned because we spoke out against FUN Forum United Nation. Not just banned but hacked as their old accounts are still active! The gree developers who comprise most of the players in FUN stole their accounts! The banned players cumulatively spent $10,000 last war and just because we voice an opinion were hijacked! i guess we wont be seeing the clowns on the top 25 spot in colombia lol..good job gree now step it up a bit more there is a skill point and valour hack out..why dont u all wake up and do something not like u dont have the money to hire a proper IT to do the job

Sardesimo
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
i guess we wont be seeing the clowns on the top 25 spot in colombia lol..good job gree now step it up a bit more there is a skill point and valour hack out..why dont u all wake up and do something not like u dont have the money to hire a proper IT to do the job

My point is the developers of Gree who play this game hacked the accounts. FUN has Gree developers that play, they use the money we all pay to play and make sure no one can win. How else do you think it's possible for FUN to obtain more BP in 30 minutes of a new war than mathematically possible?

kygiacomo
05-10-2013, 10:13 PM
My point is the developers of Gree who play this game hacked the accounts. FUN has Gree developers that play, they use the money we all pay to play and make sure no one can win. How else do you think it's possible for FUN to obtain more BP in 30 minutes of a new war than mathematically possible? woudlnt surpise me at all man..gree is a total wreck..they cant get nothing correct..its glitch after glitch and 10000 tickets later..

solo.modernwar
05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Couldn't you also argue that paying gains a dishonest advantage over non payers when they can get access to items that non payers can't?
I know it's not technically the same, but there are similarities.

Explain to us again how this constitutes a "dishonest" advantage???

Let's back up a minute...

A paying player vs a free player (or "non payer" as you call them). This is the comparison you're using to describe a "dishonest" advantage?

Your logic escapes me.

DME
05-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I'll concede that I was wrong in referring to it as a "dishonest" advantage, but it is certainly an unfair advantage.
My point is that the ability for a paying player to get items that a non paying player can't seems unfair. It's different when a non paying player can obtain those same items over a period of time, as then the money is essentially just cutting out the "grind" so to speak (aka. time is money).

Sardesimo
05-10-2013, 11:53 PM
I believe the non-pay vs pay players should be on different servers, once a non-pay makes a single purchase, their server should switch

This could perhaps improve the playability and enjoyment of the non-pay players

solo.modernwar
05-11-2013, 12:10 AM
I'll concede that I was wrong in referring to it as a "dishonest" advantage, but it is certainly an unfair advantage.
My point is that the ability for a paying player to get items that a non paying player can't seems unfair. It's different when a non paying player can obtain those same items over a period of time, as then the money is essentially just cutting out the "grind" so to speak (aka. time is money).

I was a free player up until level 121. There were plenty of gold players I could beat consistently at the time. In this situation, who exactly had the "unfair" advantage? Was it the gold players I went up against? Are you sure?

In this application, a gold player can pay with real money to obtain a product that is beneficial in the game for them. Tell me again how this constitutes unfairness to the free player. A free player can choose on their own to become a gold player or to remain a free player. No one is forcing them to play this game one way or the other. It is a game option.

No matter how one wants to justify it, the fact of the matter is, the existence of hackers devalues the product for those that are legitimately paying for it. This is beyond fundamental. There is NEVER a valid place for hacking/cheating in this game.

senex morosus
05-11-2013, 03:17 AM
This is probably the best thread I have read in a long time. It gives you comfort knowing that GREE is now being serious about all these hackers taking advantage of WD. Still a long way to go though.

GuyInLobsterSuit
05-11-2013, 04:40 AM
I believe the non-pay vs pay players should be on different servers, once a non-pay makes a single purchase, their server should switch

This could perhaps improve the playability and enjoyment of the non-pay players

It's designed to incentivize you to spend money.

honest Abe
05-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I love these threads. Gree is not a 501c3 corporation soliciting charitable donations or public funding. There are no advertising revenues so how exactly do you think they pay for their costs and a return? You have the ability to pay free thanks to people who are paying the carrying costs. You're welcome.

DME
05-11-2013, 02:25 PM
You have the ability to pay free thanks to people who are paying the carrying costs. You're welcome.

Why do you feel the paying players should be thanked? It's not as if they're paying out of the goodness of their hearts and getting nothing in return. They pay for their own benefit, not to keep the game running and not simply so others can play for free, lol.

Dead Ready
05-11-2013, 02:31 PM
That's like the guy building an anniversary center I just came across. If you hack you should be banded for life. To say it doesn't matter to me, would be like sitting at a poker table with five guys and watching 2 of them cheat in front of you, but I guess you would just let them do it.

Brahmin
05-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Life ban cheaters.
Next.

Nuff said.

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Lifetime ban. Disband the faction. Next.

ProudClown
05-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I love these threads. Gree is not a 501c3 corporation soliciting charitable donations or public funding. There are no advertising revenues so how exactly do you think they pay for their costs and a return? You have the ability to pay free thanks to people who are paying the carrying costs. You're welcome.

As a free player, I acknowledge that you boys who have to pay for it, would be playing with yourselves without us. Hmmm.... What's new!

kylekrol
05-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Another thread about hacking and penalization. I am just a player and by no means care what Gree does to hackers. If they want to give them 100k free gold for exploiting the game, great. If they want to remove them permanently from the game and take their unborn child, so be it. We should respect the decision the Gree makes on their own behalf, as a company, and keep our noses out of their business. If you have an issue with getting attacked by a hacker, one that you presume to be a hacker, take a screen shot, forward it to gree and request to have what the hacker took to be replaced. Not sure if you will get it or not, but at least you did what you could.

My Opinion - Hackers are a leech on this game and our society. I believe they should be completely banned, and all contributions they have made to their faction removed, to include bonuses up to the amount of their donations. But, my opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter to Gree. They hack some gold, drive up WD points, make others spend more on gold to get the prize they want, and cause thread after thread on the topic of hacking.

If you want out, find yourself a faction that isn't a safe haven for hackers. Don't get yourself mixed up in that mess. Gree could come down and punish all in the faction for the deeds of the one.
If you have used gold at all in this game that means money invested so yes your opinion does matter, your logic in this is very flawed Gree should be listening to our opinions because without us players they would not have an income. That is why most businesses have serveys or questionnaires asking if we as consumers were satisfied. And as for hacking ban them permanently. It is stealing from Gree and from the players.

Durt McGurt
05-12-2013, 05:13 AM
I went to Game Spot and bought a war game for $59.99. Last month I spent $1,700 on MW. Which is the real war game and which is gambling?

As a free player, I acknowledge that you boys who have to pay for it, would be playing with yourselves without us. Hmmm.... What's new!

So you are a "free player" who spent $1700 last month?

Or are you a free player who violated the ToS to get $1700 worth for free?

Dutchie
05-12-2013, 05:40 AM
So you are a "free player" who spent $1700 last month?Or are you a free player who violated the ToS to get $1700 worth for free?Nothing gets passed Durt! :)

Chuck Nuts
05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
So if a group of people get together to play poker with free chips for fun and one of them cheats, then he'll probably be asked to leave and not play any more because he is spoiling the fun for the others.

If a group of people are playing poker in a casino for real money and one of them cheats, then the casino has a legal obligation to refund the other player's money and press criminal charges against the cheater.

Imagine if the NFL, NBA, NASCAR or IRL or any other professional sporting authority were to take minimal or negligible actions against cheaters.... Just let Lance Armstrong keep his Tour de France victories and all of the profits that came from them.... that is essentially theft from all of the participants who are spending money, time and resources to compete fairly. The governing body for the competition has an obligation to take action. If the competition is recreational or intermural, then banning the offenders would still be expected. When the competition crosses the line where people are paying serious money in order to be competitive then refunds and criminal charges should be involved.

There are some grey areas like finding a PVE mission that pays better rewards than others and hitting it over and over again until Gree corrects the issue, but every other player could do the same thing if they just find out about the opportunity and perhaps Gree might have left some of those opportunities intentionally like "Easter Eggs" as a bonus to players who are paying attention.... but then there is blatant cheating or exploiting a true glitch where the software is intentionally being manipulated. Lifetime ban is the bare minimum penalty that should be imposed for intentional cheating. The fact that honest players have invested real money with expectation for fair competition necessitates more severe penalties for the cheaters because they are stealing from all of us in a very real and tangible manner.

When Gree takes our money, they take on an obligation to maintain the integrity of their game and deal with cheaters severely.

ProudClown
05-12-2013, 08:59 AM
So you are a "free player" who spent $1700 last month?

Or are you a free player who violated the ToS to get $1700 worth for free?

Analogous dialogue escapes you, doesn't it?! As far as I am concerned McYogurt is no different than any other top ten faction, full of hackers and fueled by self loathing!

As far as people playing for free, who's smarter, the man who pays nothing for paper airplanes or the man who spends thousands on them? Oh wait, I think I know the answer! The man who spends thousands to prove his integrity in an anonymous world!

ProudClown
05-12-2013, 09:08 AM
So if a group of people get together to play poker with free chips for fun and one of them cheats, then he'll probably be asked to leave and not play any more because he is spoiling the fun for the others.

If a group of people are playing poker in a casino for real money and one of them cheats, then the casino has a legal obligation to refund the other player's money and press criminal charges against the cheater.

Imagine if the NFL, NBA, NASCAR or IRL or any other professional sporting authority were to take minimal or negligible actions against cheaters.... Just let Lance Armstrong keep his Tour de France victories and all of the profits that came from them.... that is essentially theft from all of the participants who are spending money, time and resources to compete fairly. The governing body for the competition has an obligation to take action. If the competition is recreational or intermural, then banning the offenders would still be expected. When the competition crosses the line where people are paying serious money in order to be competitive then refunds and criminal charges should be involved.

There are some grey areas like finding a PVE mission that pays better rewards than others and hitting it over and over again until Gree corrects the issue, but every other player could do the same thing if they just find out about the opportunity and perhaps Gree might have left some of those opportunities intentionally like "Easter Eggs" as a bonus to players who are paying attention.... but then there is blatant cheating or exploiting a true glitch where the software is intentionally being manipulated. Lifetime ban is the bare minimum penalty that should be imposed for intentional cheating. The fact that honest players have invested real money with expectation for fair competition necessitates more severe penalties for the cheaters because they are stealing from all of us in a very real and tangible manner.

When Gree takes our money, they take on an obligation to maintain the integrity of their game and deal with cheaters severely.

Logical cohesive argument, that I can respect! I guess the conclusion is the game is gambling, but then I've never been able to go to a casino in Vegas and sit at a table and play for free?!

DME
05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
One thing is for certain. With the amount of obvious "hackers" in the game, you would think that GREE would have discovered the weakness that is being exploited and plugged the hole by now and removed the obvious ones. It's a little pathetic that "hacking" is so rampant given how large the company is and how much money they're making out of the game.

Meta Rage Trollbot
05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Analogous dialogue escapes you, doesn't it?! As far as I am concerned McYogurt is no different than any other top ten faction, full of hackers and fueled by self loathing!

Thankfully, we won't lose any sleep over your concerns.

And Gree is now policing higher ranked factions for cheaters, so we are elated. The only Durt here is the boss man.

Curiously, how did that go over with The Clowns?

Cpl trevino
05-12-2013, 11:06 AM
After reading these blogs I have to agree. Plain and simple notion...ban them all!!! I have had conflict in the past about pirate united nation...I mean c'mon they win every event that comes up. I mean everybody wants to place first. That's everybody's goal. I've been a loyal player ever since modern first came out. I love this game and chances are of me leaving and never playing this game again are slim...I purchase gold from time to time but not outrageously crazy spend. Once a month is the only time I spend. Of course getting free gold from time to time and gree giving gold sometimes is cool too. But c'mon seriously guys., why do u have to cheat to win? Where's the honor in the that? Why don't u earn ur way like majority of players do like myself. U guys take the fun and competition away from this game and are ruining the love for this game. If anybody agrees w me plz respond. We need to put a stop to this and gree is the only one who can take care of this matter

Regard, a faithful player

Auspex
05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
After reading these blogs I have to agree. Plain and simple notion...ban them all!!! I have had conflict in the past about pirate united nation...I mean c'mon they win every event that comes up.

While I agree with your sentiments regarding Hackers, I'm surprised you would mention PUN in the same post. They are not hacking in any way. Many of their members have been more than a little vocal about hacking as they spend real money to place first and often have to face hackers while doing it. While it's possible that any faction may have a hacker amongst their ranks I think PUN has been scanned by everyone that ever faced them in a fight, I'm sure someone would have posted obvious screen shots if they were.

psxnitro
05-12-2013, 11:31 AM

It's a tool called a credit card

honest Abe
05-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Your point is quite different. Others don't get it.

Chuck Nuts
05-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Logical cohesive argument, that I can respect! I guess the conclusion is the game is gambling, but then I've never been able to go to a casino in Vegas and sit at a table and play for free?!

You can come over to my house next weekend and play poker with my buddies for free. Don't cheat or you won't be invited back ever again.

ProudClown
05-12-2013, 04:38 PM
You can come over to my house next weekend and play poker with my buddies for free. Don't cheat or you won't be invited back ever again.

I don't cheat. PERIOD! However, I usually distrust those who act so pious.

I think Gree really need to answer some questions to put this issue to bed. Were the Clowns banned? If so, why were they banned? If they were banned, why are their former player accounts still active and being used by others? IF this was a hijacking, why isn't Gree doing anything about it?

jchow69
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
I haven't cheated and haven't even bought a single gold in the game. I only use gold that I earned or given to me by Funzio.

ProudClown
05-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Your point is quite different. Others don't get it.

I'm glad someone got it....LOL. Good humor is a shame to waste, but I understand how serious some people are about paper airplanes.

jchow69
05-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Isn't Kot and PJ banned?

ProudClown
05-12-2013, 04:52 PM
While I agree with your sentiments regarding Hackers, I'm surprised you would mention PUN in the same post. They are not hacking in any way. Many of their members have been more than a little vocal about hacking as they spend real money to place first and often have to face hackers while doing it. While it's possible that any faction may have a hacker amongst their ranks I think PUN has been scanned by everyone that ever faced them in a fight, I'm sure someone would have posted obvious screen shots if they were.

Do you know who all the PUN's are? Maybe it would be easier to monitor them if we knew who they were. Here's the only names I've heard of as being PUN's:
JOKER
RIDDLER
MR. FREEZE
Commander Boom Boom
General Sir
True Gemini
LL COOL B
Camper Killer
Carnage
Jack Reacher
MickyMac
Big Poppa PUN
Khimsoo
Miss California
Jack Schitt
Sam
Always 420

Cao Cao
05-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I would say banned players are to be given another chance. You get back your account and get penalized (e.g. reduce strength, fixed skill points, etc) This will be the 1st and final warning before they get permanent banned. This is consider win-win situation. Take for example in a Formula One race. Many teams are exploiting loophole in the regulations to win. Occassionally you will hear the governing body found the teams breached regulations, and what the got are mostly fines or drop in grid places. Even the most severe got banned for 2 races and excluded in final standing. They don't impose lifetime banned outright.

DME
05-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I would say banned players are to be given another chance. You get back your account and get penalized (e.g. reduce strength, fixed skill points, etc) This will be the 1st and final warning before they get permanent banned. This is consider win-win situation. Take for example in a Formula One race. Many teams are exploiting loophole in the regulations to win. Occassionally you will hear the governing body found the teams breached regulations, and what the got are mostly fines or drop in grid places. Even the most severe got banned for 2 races and excluded in final standing. They don't impose lifetime banned outright.

Look at steroid use in professional sports. Lifetime bans, stripped of all medals/achievements. 'Nuff said.

Auspex
05-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Maybe I'm a bit mean but I can't imagine why you'd want to get someone a get out of jail free card for a first offence. Once you do that it's like saying 'You can cheat until you get caught cause they'll give you a second chance'.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Ban on first offence, lifetime, all products from the company and as far as you can push it.

Just think how much quicker a company like Gree could be fixing up and enhancing the game if they didn't have to deal with the Hackers.

josempolo
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree the idea, to have the option to do a game spending real money or not. Here the real winners are the ones that have more money; simple as that. But I do not Gree accept that, they live from our money, but this game has become too expensive and to adicitve for many of us.

PL KANTOT KANZU
05-13-2013, 06:30 PM
After reading these blogs I have to agree. Plain and simple notion...ban them all!!! I have had conflict in the past about pirate united nation...I mean c'mon they win every event that comes up. I mean everybody wants to place first. That's everybody's goal. I've been a loyal player ever since modern first came out. I love this game and chances are of me leaving and never playing this game again are slim...I purchase gold from time to time but not outrageously crazy spend. Once a month is the only time I spend. Of course getting free gold from time to time and gree giving gold sometimes is cool too. But c'mon seriously guys., why do u have to cheat to win? Where's the honor in the that? Why don't u earn ur way like majority of players do like myself. U guys take the fun and competition away from this game and are ruining the love for this game. If anybody agrees w me plz respond. We need to put a stop to this and gree is the only one who can take care of this matter

What about players who hacked into other players' email address and hijacked their games? This is more than just hacking the games, they are actually hacking emails now. ICF officers were the first victims and it seems that the Dogs are next in line. Good luck hacking more emails cause karma will get you sooner or later.

ProudClown
05-13-2013, 08:27 PM
We were not the only victims of the recent hijackings or bannings. If it was bannings we are still waiting for some explanations! In the meantime, Grees revenue issues will deepen! Fact is, you can't take people's money and expect others not to take notice! We know it has happened to other factions, we've just be very open about our situation , even at the risk of having to read some of the crap a few of the idiots and bullies post on here! Guess what, we are not going away, we are here to stay and hopefully irritate a few of the village idiots along the way!

DME
05-13-2013, 08:39 PM
I decided to have a little read through the ToS earlier and unfortunately it states that they can ban an account for any or no reason without explanation and that if an account is banned they don't have to reimburse any remaining virtual currency.
That being said, game ToS's don't tend to be the most solid if brought into court, but also bare in mind that in the ToS that you would be liable for their legal bills were it to go to court, which is basically there to put anybody off taking legal action for whatever reason, lol.

Zach3432
05-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Where there is writing, there exists a loophole. You just have to find it.

josempolo
05-14-2013, 09:00 AM
it was a glitch about modify energy or stamina.

browner1
06-29-2013, 02:37 AM
I've read through most of the posts in this thread and as much as I agree that hacking the game is theft I have to think that GREE created the problem for the start.
The concept of paying for in game addons is not New. Microsoft and Sony have been promoting it for ages however in this game it is clearly not fair.
As a new player you look in the add funds and find you can buy $1,000,000 for £63. What can you buy for this to help you become competetive.... squat!
At lvl 150 you look in add funds and now for your £63 you get $120,000,000 with which you can buy 1,000's of units.
It's the same for gold.
It doesn't work like that in the real world. A candy bar costs me the same not matter how much life experience I have.
When the game owners aren't treating their customers fairly, of honestly how can they expect anything different in return.

ppownage
06-29-2013, 02:42 AM
I've read through most of the posts in this thread and as much as I agree that hacking the game is theft I have to think that GREE created the problem for the start.
The concept of paying for in game addons is not New. Microsoft and Sony have been promoting it for ages however in this game it is clearly not fair.
As a new player you look in the add funds and find you can buy $1,000,000 for £63. What can you buy for this to help you become competetive.... squat!
At lvl 150 you look in add funds and now for your £63 you get $120,000,000 with which you can buy 1,000's of units.
It's the same for gold.
It doesn't work like that in the real world. A candy bar costs me the same not matter how much life experience I have.
When the game owners aren't treating their customers fairly, of honestly how can they expect anything different in return.
im sure that u already knew this but the amount of ingame cash that u get isnt based on lvl but on iph ;)

Maverick0073
06-29-2013, 03:28 AM
I used to be a moderate gold spender ($50-100 per month) and after coming up against 3 hackers or ( exploit users) already in just 5 battles ,I have decided not to spend another dime on this game. Factions are not punished, so why not get one of these accounts to be your dl, who cares if it gets banned ....just make another.

ProCision
06-29-2013, 06:12 AM
if they hacked the game they should be smart enough to know how to get back in the game.

Azn
06-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Do you agree?

L O L your joking right? Wake up kid... No game company in their right mind would allow a hacker to roam around their game. The biggest thing a game should have is fairness and equality amongst players... Please don't try to side with the hackers.

Sirius
06-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Closing thread folks.

Contact support and please note the forum guidelines.

?/Closed