PDA

View Full Version : Quiet

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 06:29 AM
You know, the forum has been quiet these past couple of days. While I do not miss the negative tone, and some of the nastiness associated with the strong responses, I do miss that people were thinking about the bigger implications of the game. I also miss the threads that the controversial posts sparked- the good solid threads asking the questions about how factions have changed game play, and how we feel about the game and were we are with it.

Maybe we can continue those threads without getting mired down by the confusion and finger pointing.

Or maybe we are all taking a collective breath. :) The truth is, though, regardless of the bru haha, he did make people think.

Dutchie
05-10-2013, 06:31 AM
You know, the forum has been quiet these past couple of days. While I do not miss the negative tone, and some of the nastiness associated with the strong responses, I do miss that people were thinking about the bigger implications of the game. I also miss the threads that the controversial posts sparked- the good solid threads asking the questions about how factions have changed game play, and how we feel about the game and were we are with it.

Maybe we can continue those threads without getting mired down by the confusion and finger pointing.

Or maybe we are all taking a collective breath. :) The truth is, though, regardless of the bru haha, he did make people think.

He stops spending money and now he has been silenced... certainly makes you think.

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 06:42 AM
im assuming most forumites are preparing for Columbia. I hear its going to be quite the conundrum

I wonder if it is different for those of us in factions that are not in the hefty competition at the top. I have been in two now, 798 in Brazil and 718 in Greendland. The core group of that faction joined another and we were 398 in Egypt, 418 in China, and 141 in Ireland. We have built the faction slow, have had fun in the last 500 million race to get the 1.5 billion dollar bonuses that took forever to save for, and probably found the strategy that the top factions have been using all along. For us, it wasn't really an issue of whether we wanted to spend gold- aside from one or two people the majority of us can't afford it on a big scale so it was always really a non issue. That fact alone I think kept us from having to take a harder look at the amount of money spent, allowed us to be less resentful of Gree, and kept us more relaxed.

When you know you won't make it to the top 50, or at least aren't expecting it (141 sent us all into a state of shock and awe), do you think tat makes a difference? We don't have a top 25 spot to defend, ya know?

I was just thinking about it.

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 06:45 AM
He stops spending money and now he has been silenced... certainly makes you think.

It does, yes. I'm still unclear after all of those posts how on earth he managed to cross the line. It seemed he was jumping back and forth across it all the time. I'm not asking, BTW, I think that would get me banned too. ;)

KFH
05-10-2013, 11:37 AM
and probably found the strategy that the top factions have been using all along. . could you help a fellow 250 faction out and elaborate on that strategy :)

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 11:50 AM
could you help a fellow 250 faction out and elaborate on that strategy :)

Ok, but I'm pretty sure if you are in the top 250 you probably know it too. Hey wait! Which faction are you? We lost battles for sure, but there are two factions that totally kicked our hind ends! LOL.

It's not complicated, but getting everybody on board seemed to be the ticket. Coordination. That easy- and hard at the same same. We suffered a terrible time with good intentions but poor organization. I won't bore the others- no state secrets. But if you want to discuss particulars we are a pretty easy going bunch. PM me. :)

NaRciS
05-10-2013, 01:09 PM

I for one found the man quite interesting.

Cheers Fella!

Auspex
05-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Speaking about finger pointing as in FINGER pointing...this 5 finger fellow has never left.
He will never leave. He will throw the spaghetti...He will always tell the truth. He will take
out the Nazis...only a matter of time.

Why? Too much time on your hands?

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 03:44 PM
No, just a simple fellow who cares about a community of friends who are being taking
advantage of by a greedy corporation that has learned how to exploit addictive spending.

Hello four time friend. :)

Bravo Zulu
05-10-2013, 05:28 PM
:) And you thought my buddy may have been in need of professional help!

Care and concern never have bad intentions. :) I gave you the truth too, but alas the eagle may have never landed before before he was placed on the endangered species list. At least he is not extinct. We all knew better anyway, it was only a matter of time before there was a sighting.

Muse_boa
05-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Wait a minute, got timeworped back in here! Reorganized my iTunes, watered the plants. Well, see if i'm am ready to be back again in the virtual non reality world

Bobar
05-12-2013, 04:22 PM
itīs calm now, i like it.