PDA

View Full Version : Defense building help..

Yankster
05-09-2013, 06:34 PM
I can't seem to find where or how exactly a defense building comes I to play. For example if you are 300K defense and a player with 300k attack could be considered a draw, but on a raid if there is a building protected with a level 1 guard tower with a defense of 2 (all boosts not included just basics). Would that mean that your base is protected by your raw stats and a +1 increase by the tower? Or how is base defense calculated exactly. If a player with 350K attack stats tries to raid a base of a player with 300K defense but the building is protected by a defensive building, how would you be able to determine the stats of the protected area as some buildings have a defense built in.

Or another example if two rai guns over lap is the defense still just 75 or is that a combined defense of 150? Is the defense value a percentage or an actual number where if you were 300K and added a rail gun your defense is now 300,075?

Thanks for the help.

Jhenry02
05-09-2013, 06:50 PM
We'd all love to know how this works.

Keep in mind that all buildings have their own defense.
For example a level 10 munitions stockpile had a defense of 28.
An ore mine level 5 has a defense of 54.
That is why the faction boost for building defense works for cash buildings, boost buildings and defense buildings.

-Jason

Thenoob
05-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I would love to hear how this works it does change your defence stats right ill have to upgrade a tower and look

Adacus71
05-09-2013, 07:17 PM
We'd all love to know how this works.

Keep in mind that all buildings have their own defense.
For example a level 10 munitions stockpile had a defense of 28.
An ore mine level 5 has a defense of 54.
That is why the faction boost for building defense works for cash buildings, boost buildings and defense buildings.

-Jason

Really?? How do you know what each is? Is there a guide or something? This answers many questions regarding hidden stats...

Golf4life
05-09-2013, 07:30 PM
yes,

download the modern war toolkit app and it tells all.

Really?? How do you know what each is? Is there a guide or something? This answers many questions regarding hidden stats...

Philly982
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
I would also like to know how this works. I have heard several theories, but none really seem to pan out. For one thing, I am able to be raided by people who cannot win attacks against me. I heard on the forum that rivals can successfully raid you with far less attack stats than your defense, which does not really make much logical sense since each building has a defensive component supposedly built into it along with defensive buildings "area" of defense. But it does seem to hold true from experience. If anyone knows any details on the matter please share them. It seems to me that defensive buildings are pretty much worthless and are merely decorations with a negligible effect at best.

Adacus71
05-09-2013, 07:40 PM
yes,

The "empower.sg" app?

Golf4life
05-09-2013, 08:04 PM
should be titled

"modern war tool kit"

Yankster
05-09-2013, 08:52 PM
yes,

I've downloaded the toolkit and yes it does display the level of the defense building and upgrades with boosts. But how do they figure in to work with the base. . For example if I wanted to repel a raid by a player with 300K attack stats and my defense is 299K, does that ,mean 1 guard tower with a defense of +2 will repeal the raid or do I need a holding cell at level 5? That kind of example. Or if you are 100k how do you configure defensive buildings to repel a player with 200K attack? Or do skill points reflect in the base defense buildings also...

Golf4life
05-09-2013, 09:08 PM
IMO defense buildings are the biggest waste of money.

I have no idea how they work and I don't think anyone really does.

Gree likes to add to the 'mystery' of the game that way

I've downloaded the toolkit and yes it does display the level of the defense building and upgrades with boosts. But how do they figure in to work with the base. . For example if I wanted to repel a raid by a player with 300K attack stats and my defense is 299K, does that ,mean 1 guard tower with a defense of +2 will repeal the raid or do I need a holding cell at level 5? That kind of example. Or if you are 100k how do you configure defensive buildings to repel a player with 200K attack? Or do skill points reflect in the base defense buildings also...

Yankster
05-10-2013, 12:32 AM
IMO defense buildings are the biggest waste of money.

I have no idea how they work and I don't think anyone really does.

Gree likes to add to the 'mystery' of the game that way

Your probably right...

Auspex
05-10-2013, 01:19 AM
I'd hazard a guess that they are not even calculated in the overall defensive score.

With the issues that were just fixed regarding attack and defence numbers I'd guess these buildings haven't even been brought into the math at all yet. The complexity of their radial influence and overlap zones seems a bit beyond things like a display bug with attack and defence stats.

It would be cool to see it working as I went to a lot of trouble to strategically place a bunch of these.

Bobar
05-10-2013, 01:55 AM
i would like to know too. canīt see impact on my defense

Yankster
05-10-2013, 05:25 AM
I'd hazard a guess that they are not even calculated in the overall defensive score.

With the issues that were just fixed regarding attack and defence numbers I'd guess these buildings haven't even been brought into the math at all yet. The complexity of their radial influence and overlap zones seems a bit beyond things like a display bug with attack and defence stats.

It would be cool to see it working as I went to a lot of trouble to strategically place a bunch of these.

I did the same thing, then said "how does it do what it's supposed to do"?

wittywon
05-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Defense buildings work by letting you store $cash in it and then return the cash at 50% of deposited value when you sell it. Other than that, I've stopped paying attention to them.

Tctiger
05-10-2013, 06:46 AM
last defence building upgrade i did didn't show in my stats and they won't stop a higher stat player or all gold player attacking or raiding you ,but if someone near your stats raids a well defended building they can take high casulties and make raiding not worthwhile for them if they have a lot of cash and valor units .

Yankster
05-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Defense buildings work by letting you store $cash in it and then return the cash at 50% of deposited value when you sell it. Other than that, I've stopped paying attention to them.

I love this answer... The best....

last defence building upgrade i did didn't show in my stats and they won't stop a higher stat player or all gold player attacking or raiding you ,but if someone near your stats raids a well defended building they can take high casulties and make raiding not worthwhile for them if they have a lot of cash and valor units .

This is the best detailed answer. Just wish there was a little more specifics on def bldgs...

JCL
05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Im thinking you guys don't raid much. Defense buildings have a large impact on punishment and failure of raids. If you have a 30k defense and I raid with 30k against an unguarded (no defense building coverage) cash building with low self defense, like a munitions dump, I walk away with almost all the $$. Maybe I lose a heavy gunner at worst. Now same scenario and you've got a rail gun, and mine field covering the munitions. I will lose a Bio infantry and KC130 or more. I've lost money if I replace and often the rail run defense tips the raid over to the loss category. Defenses stack, and all you people who line up your defensive buildings in a row, on the edge of your base, while at the other end there's a Nanotech building with a guard tower nearby.... Thank you for the easy $$$ and virtually no losses. Your electronics factory, next to the pretty lined up drone towers, which I never would have touched, is very, very safe.

Jhenry02
05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
I use railguns, epp's, and nuclear facilities like a day trader. Great way to store 15-20,000,000