PDA

View Full Version : [Tournament Arena] Big Momma's Tournament - May 9th - May 16th

The Wise One
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Attention Knights!

A new Tournament Arena has just begun! Put your mighty strength and formidable armor to the test by defeating other knights in an epic battle for the top spot on the leaderboards! May victory be yours and great defeat to those that oppose you.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/e6aff6be3aa15f3d534f43c16752a42e_zps0ac3ea37.png

zhy
05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
great rewards wise one, just need to fix a little graphic prob, gree had put fusion stones instead of gold

The Wise One
05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
great rewards wise one, just need to fix a little graphic prob, gree had put fusion stones instead of gold

Great eyes! Notified the team and we'll fix it shortly. Glad you like the new rewards..... especially because that's what we've been seeing on the forums!

zhy
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
lol ty but 30k fusion stones are easy to notice rofl, great job by gree n u ty. players happy n gree should be happier too i think, good move to make black medal for the 1st one only, will increase competition, so gems purchasing too, but i think we are all glad to spend some money to have fun, n it worth it

Lcharlie
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Now we are talking. This tournament is worth competing in. Thank you wise one for listening to us.

Yawsome
05-09-2013, 05:39 PM
D: when's my iPad going to show me the rewards for the big momma tourney qq

Justice711
05-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Yup... But it's hard to get into even sliver medal now... :/ darn didn't level my armor fast enough....

Kudos on the rewards! Thanks for listening! The gems are a nice touch... :D

Kusa
05-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Never seen the point in gold rewards in the 1st place most people that can get gold or black had no use for it any ways.

Wow I can fight 1 fight and win a reward only the top 20k-50k should get jack make a person fight for a reward not gave to on a silver plater.

The bronze-black perfect
All these stupid ribben ranks get rid of all but 1 or color the top 1 or 2 ribbon to show a person actually put some effort in.

That's my rant
And before someone rants back at me I have never won better than bronze.

Lcharlie
05-09-2013, 08:12 PM
What is interesting to me is how many people have already spent more gems than the reward. It has been three hours and playing a perfect game without gems should land you around 2000 points max. For every 300-400 pts (roughly what you get for 8 straight double downs) more above that, you would have to spend gems to get 8 energy. It costs 10 gems per 15 energy which means spending 40 gems would get you 60 energy or enough fights to get you 7-8 rounds of full double downs. This would land you around 4000-5000 points. So you figure that people are spending 10 gems for every 600-800 pts above 2000. The prizes have definitely gotten extra excitement but strange to me for those that blow all their gem on the first three hours of the tournament.

zhy
05-09-2013, 08:48 PM
uhm, i think ure right about those players, but personally if i spend gems for arena energy i can get 1000-1100 pts from a max double down :P

Justice711
05-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Just challenge the top 6 players in arena... Number 1 has substances... The rest.... Erm... How the **ck did they get so many points? I mean, how do they spam gems? Their armor is soooo weak...

Ryuugan
05-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Just challenge the top 6 players in arena... Number 1 has substances... The rest.... Erm... How the **ck did they get so many points? I mean, how do they spam gems? Their armor is soooo weak...

thats a mystery that only the dev can solve or sherlock holmes

Slevinn
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
I think GREE and the wise one have improved the rewards big time. It's better to have more ranks now, because people will try harder to get higher. Also gratz to Ryuugan for winning the last one!

Climax
05-10-2013, 01:04 AM
What is the armor that the first player can win? ^^

Wetchie
05-10-2013, 01:11 AM
What is the armor that the first player can win? ^^

I have the same question.

Ryuugan
05-10-2013, 01:14 AM
I have the same question.
Cloud Kings Finery, old boss armor

here is some pics of some armors

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47844-Armor-pictures-strut-your-stuff

Kusa
05-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Ya Grats but With only 1 black now people will spend hundreds and hundreds of real money to get.
Seen it before in other games.

It's like in kingdom age the tourny there a person spent 800 real money for rank 1 and you don't get nothing for it.

I don't mind the more ranks but who is going to want to fight for the higher ribbons no one becouse there all the same color etc. A lot of players only care about the metal not the reward.

I am fighting 1 fight not wasting my time never been past rank 800 that gets me a ribbon now so I see no point.
Won't be fighting any more it's going to be who has the biggest check book.

We will see after this tourny though I might be eating my words.

deathexe
05-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Ya Grats but With only 1 black now people will spend hundreds and hundreds of real money to get.
Seen it before in other games.

It's like in kingdom age the tourny there a person spent 800 real money for rank 1 and you don't get nothing for it.

I don't mind the more ranks but who is going to want to fight for the higher ribbons no one becouse there all the same color etc. A lot of players only care about the metal not the reward.

I am fighting 1 fight not wasting my time never been past rank 800 that gets me a ribbon now so I see no point.
Won't be fighting any more it's going to be who has the biggest check book.

We will see after this tourny though I might be eating my words.

People will want to fight for the higher ranks, whether ribbon or medals for the rewards of course. The fact that you get more rewards for higher ranks will make players want to work harder for the rewards. It's not so much of getting the medal or ribbon. Probably only a number of them would want it for the achievement.

Ryuugan
05-10-2013, 07:00 AM
with maxed aa+,hydra+,living flame+, and crius+ its possible to be in top 100 also a nice hint is if u fight ur friends daily u will see they provide a decent point

Lcharlie
05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
uhm, i think ure right about those players, but personally if i spend gems for arena energy i can get 1000-1100 pts from a max double down :P

It is possible but you won't average that over 7 days. You can't completely control your opponents. 1000 pts would require fighting 8 opponents at a higher level getting 45 base points plus shutdown and revenge bonus.

Ryuugan
05-10-2013, 08:03 AM
It is possible but you won't average that over 7 days. You can't completely control your opponents. 1000 pts would require fighting 8 opponents at a higher level getting 45 base points plus shutdown and revenge bonus.
nope revenge bonus isnt necessary... only the shutdown bonus and higher lvl

zhy
05-10-2013, 10:08 AM
yeah u cant usually control it, but u can choose when to use ur gems, n if u choose the right moment u are able to have a lot of em in a row :P , that was my point saying with 10 gems u can almost get 2k pts

Daemon
05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the quests for this tournament? My counter for 10 battles in a single day keeps resetting and I have no idea why.

Harvey Guo
05-10-2013, 10:28 AM
hi buddy, I saw you are still leveling up, about 230+ now?

I've tried to get higher level than you, now about lv150, can upgrade 5 levels per day:)
Is anyone else having trouble with the quests for this tournament? My counter for 10 battles in a single day keeps resetting and I have no idea why.

Daemon
05-10-2013, 10:39 AM
hi buddy, I saw you are still leveling up, about 230+ now?

I've tried to get higher level than you, now about lv150, can upgrade 5 levels per day:)

I'm only leveling because I kill Medusa over and over =P But now that I know you're trying to catch me, I'll start power-leveling again... Game on ;)

zhy
05-10-2013, 10:50 AM
yes i have the same prob

Ryuugan
05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
yes i have the same prob

the might want to buy us the 15 energy for 10 gems to complete the quest since the reward also give gems.... or might only a glitch....

Barryboo
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Do the first 5 battles. go farming. come back to arena when back to full energy. then do the next 5.
All without going away from the game.

Keymoe
05-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I have a Cloud King Finery's Armor lv.28 ish... Should I use it to help enhance my lv.66 swamp shaman+ or keep it cos I think it looks pretty cool to be honest. Everyone seems to be talking about it like its trash. Opinions?
I've also got a lv.44 Infernal Armor+ I want to max out too to help with dark prince raids.

Neomagic
05-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I have a Cloud King Finery's Armor lv.28 ish... Should I use it to help enhance my lv.66 swamp shaman+ or keep it cos I think it looks pretty cool to be honest. Everyone seems to be talking about it like its trash. Opinions?
I've also got a lv.44 Infernal Armor+ I want to max out too to help with dark prince raids.

That's entirely up to you, but if I were you, i'd keep it just because it looks cool. I'm a collector so I like to keep rare/cool looking armors I get.

But if you are looking to use it in battle, it's not the greatest option. Even though it's the best Mono Air armor, it just doesn't stack up to the newer mono elements being released. Assuming you have the + version, the max that your armor will get is 746/703. In comparison, the mono water armor (hydromancer mantle) that was released a couple weeks ago maxes out at 1093/869.

To make matters worst, it doesn't even compare to the current dual armors. Which most of have either 1000+ attack or defense.

Keymoe
05-11-2013, 04:01 AM
But it's still sexy looking armour.

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Is it just me or is the player in first place not that hard to win over did think as he got 20k+ points he would be very hard to kill

Ryuugan
05-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Is it just me or is the player in first place not that hard to win over did think as he got 20k+ points he would be very hard to kill

most of the top 10 last event were easy to kill except zhy. even i have element disadvantage i could win but on zhy i would lose. they might using gem.

deathexe
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
most of the top 10 last event were easy to kill except zhy. even i have element disadvantage i could win but on zhy i would lose. they might using gem.

Hey Ryu, hope you don't mind me asking, but what's you're armor lineup?

Ryuugan
05-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey Ryu, hope you don't mind me asking, but what's you're armor lineup?

wicked wraith+ , flamehunter, shaman+

deathexe
05-11-2013, 08:48 AM
wicked wraith+ , flamehunter, shaman+

Woah, haha nice lineup. I now see how you managed to get no. 1 XD

Ryuugan
05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Woah, haha nice lineup. I now see how you managed to get no. 1 XD

most player wearing admiral, infernal and half dragon, that how i counter them... also Yanir Gever current rank 1.... my wicked alone wiped his party....

deathexe
05-11-2013, 08:57 AM
most player wearing admiral, infernal and half dragon, that how i counter them... also Yanir Gever current rank 1.... my wicked alone wiped his party....

Hmm I see. The half dragon and admiral are too common among players nowadays. Doesn't seem very limited edition anymore. Anyways, either than the forum members, the top 25 don't usually have many tough opponents. Just need to get your lineup right I guess. Wicked+ is definitely a killer haha.

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Don't have the luck to get wicked from chest but then I only us the black key's

Lcharlie
05-11-2013, 09:05 AM
The system needs a little overhaul. You should get more points for defeating those ranked higher than you regardless of levels. This will put better players up at the top and make strategy more important. Also, your opponent options should always be players within 10 ranks from you. In this model, it will force players to change their lineup constantly to adapt. For example, I can take out Ryuugan knowing his lineup but what if he changes it up every few hours?

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Yanir gever is to easy just 1 shot each of his knights so I don't see how you can get the top place with just gem,s

Lcharlie
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Yanir gever is to easy just 1 shot each of his knights so I don't see how you can get the top place with just gem,s

If you use gems, you can simply choose your opponent list better and keep your double downs. Even without using gems, I could mostly select beatable opponents and remember those that I have lost to and use armor that targets them next time. My problem is not being able to play often enough since i play on a wifi only ipad. Even then, I usually place in the top 30. If I used gems and had this on my phone, I would play undefeated and it wold not be hard to place top 5 every tournament. That is why I think it needs an overhaul. You shouldn't be allowed to be that selective with your opponents and bypass hard opponents.

Ryuugan
05-11-2013, 09:40 AM
If you use gems, you can simply choose your opponent list better and keep your double downs. Even without using gems, I could mostly select beatable opponents and remember those that I have lost to and use armor that targets them next time. My problem is not being able to play often enough since i play on a wifi only ipad. Even then, I usually place in the top 30. If I used gems and had this on my phone, I would play undefeated and it wold not be hard to place top 5 every tournament. That is why I think it needs an overhaul. You shouldn't be allowed to be that selective with your opponents and bypass hard opponents.

in my case its the way around... i keep looking for zhy and other high lvl since they gave me more points than others :D

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Must be just me then as I have played players that are 50 lv higher than me and still only got 15 points of them and best double down was round 400

Ryuugan
05-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Must be just me then as I have played players that are 50 lv higher than me and still only got 15 points of them and best double down was round 400

with the right opponent u will able to get 1000-1100, wrong opponent 200-300, mix opponent 400-600, worst opponent - end up losing hahaha

Lcharlie
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
in my case its the way around... i keep looking for zhy and other high lvl since they gave me more points than others :D

I do the same after 5 double downs. Not worth it at the beginning

Lcharlie
05-11-2013, 09:59 AM
This is why I try not to level if possible.

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Hope I'm seeing a bug as I have4,444 points and was at lv 50 but I just reloaded and I'm down to place 88k but still have same points lol

Giulls
05-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Hope I'm seeing a bug as I have4,444 points and was at lv 50 but I just reloaded and I'm down to place 88k but still have same points lol

This usually fixes itself after 20 minutes or so, it's nothing to worry about. It happens to me about once a week.

My arena opponents list just got to 3 people only, down from about 8 usually. Does it just stay this way now? This didn't happen before when I tried to keep most of my opponents in the 50-200 range but from what I read maybe this is the way it is for high win streaks?

Edit: never mind, restarting my iphone fixed this.

Balthasar
05-11-2013, 02:55 PM
My list was down to 3 for some time but it went back to 8 now it's working its way to 3 this is first time I been in top 50 but think that's how it works

zhy
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
@giuls, u should take advantage of 3ppl battlelist.

info : the time it takes to turn back from 3 to 8 depends on when server updates itself, it can happen after few minutes, while once i had it for about 8-9 hours

ang1977
05-11-2013, 09:55 PM
With this new reward schemes, I guess it's real hard for me to get the gold or black medal coz too much players are flushing lots of gems in. I would say its damn lot of $$$. Look at those top 25, many of them are really "weak" in their armours, just left me wondering..... How much should I spend to get the No.1. Worth it? Guess I should just hang on like zhy stay cool and relax:)

Kusa
05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
My cool and relaxed feeling ended at the start of this tourny.
I have I think 14+ ribbons now with every player in the game getting 1 free makes a person mad.
Now they go do this crap to boss rewards I will most likely quit.

All depends how much you want rank 1 and how much others want it.

deathexe
05-11-2013, 11:16 PM
My cool and relaxed feeling ended at the start of this tourny.
I have I think 14+ ribbons now with every player in the game getting 1 free makes a person mad.
Now they go do this crap to boss rewards I will most likely quit.

All depends how much you want rank 1 and how much others want it.

Ribbons have always been easy to get in the first place, it's the medals that were harder. Anyways, I would think that players would have been happier with the new rewards in the arena. There's more meaning in participating in the arena now with the new reward system.

I3elief
05-12-2013, 02:36 AM
The current Rank 1 (William or sth with 20k+ pts) is very easily beaten, dunno how he got there at the first place though.

Ryuugan
05-12-2013, 04:52 AM
With this new reward schemes, I guess it's real hard for me to get the gold or black medal coz too much players are flushing lots of gems in. I would say its damn lot of $$$. Look at those top 25, many of them are really "weak" in their armours, just left me wondering..... How much should I spend to get the No.1. Worth it? Guess I should just hang on like zhy stay cool and relax:)

im also staying cool and relaxing... but at the end striking like a ninja from nowhere.... would be cool if they make a ninja like armor hehe

zhy
05-12-2013, 05:51 AM
yeah i do what i usually do :P if it will ever happen that im close to 1st in future tourney, then i might use some gems to get the black medal, otherwise i will keep getting silver/bronze or maybe even few gold medals :P oh well if they will give one of those 3 ultra rares i want then i might throw in more gems, but i want the + version :P

RadLonghammer
05-12-2013, 08:08 AM
The current Rank 1 (William or sth with 20k+ pts) is very easily beaten, dunno how he got there at the first place though.

This question has been asked a number of times in the course of this thread, and I'm a little surprised that no one has answered it (or perhaps someone DID answer it, and I managed to miss it) so I'm going to try to shed a little light on the situation.

After we've been playing the game for a few weeks, it becomes very easy to forget what it was like back in the early levels. But, if you think back hard enough, you'll remember a point when the game started guiding you toward the arena (through quests) that for a certain period of time (something like level 5-10), ALL of your arena opponents were not REAL opponents. Rather, they were shills, nothing but basic knights in basic armors that could all be killed with one shot, right?

In that situation, it's IMPOSSIBLE to lose a double down. One wouldn't have to spend all that many gems to exploit that situation into a very high position on the tournament leaderboard. That's EXACTLY how you find so many wildly weak opponents at the highest tourney levels.

In fact, if I got a new phone, and was able to start K&D from scratch at level 1, that would definitely be my plan. I'd spend the first week avoiding leveling up, and just racking up arena points. The rewards (armors, gems, and fusion stones) would set me up to just ROCKET through levels in the second week forward.

Hope this clears things up for some of y'all! :)

ang1977
05-12-2013, 08:27 AM
im also staying cool and relaxing... but at the end striking like a ninja from nowhere.... would be cool if they make a ninja like armor hehe

Haha I shall pm you a link for an animated ninja siggy:)

zhy
05-12-2013, 02:14 PM
dam lost again 3k arena pts, n 130k boss damages, back to stage 42 i was on 46

Ryuugan
05-12-2013, 02:42 PM
dam lost again 3k arena pts, n 130k boss damages, back to stage 42 i was on 46

how is that possible?

zhy
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
i actually dunno, im not a dev lol check this, now im 46th after the ranking has been updated.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8998/imageuyl.jpg this is the 3rd time that it happens

Ryuugan
05-12-2013, 03:37 PM
that sux... did u send them a ticket regarding to this?

zhy
05-12-2013, 03:52 PM
yes sent, hope they fix it soon...even if i dont think they can give me back what i lost...

Keymoe
05-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Need to sort out all of these low levels in the top 100, taking up all the space...
Going up really slowly at #110 cos I keep doubling down cos all I face are noobs then I get destroyed by a boss and lose my double down.

yyace
05-12-2013, 05:22 PM
haha a good way to figure out who's gonna beat u is to look at their win/loss

Keymoe
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM
True, do that most of the time. Still annoying when you lose though.

Keymoe
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Is this to be a continuing occurrence? Are future tournaments going to have as good rewards?

Ryuugan
05-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Is this to be a continuing occurrence? Are future tournaments going to have as good rewards?

i hope so...

Slevinn
05-13-2013, 01:19 AM
I Don't think we get the old rewards any more yay

Ryuugan
05-13-2013, 05:24 AM
right now my opponents are top 22 000 lol... they cant event take down my first knights hp under 50%

ang1977
05-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Actually when we meet strong opponents with maxed out 70's armours from epic bosses/DPCs/in-game stages, most of time i realise its not that we are weak so as to lost that match, but it's how lucky we are by ; (1) not to miss (2) commander in the right armour (3)placing of the 3 characters with the right armours

Before we actually choose the right armours for the contest, we might consider what elements are really too common in the arena. and i would say it's earth and fire. swam shamen , deep dragon , half dragon , infernal lord , dark prince and regalia are too common as they are powerful armours and easily attained, so the best element would be water to defeat the fire and spirit to defeat the earth.

the best part is the mono element armour like hydromancer , totally powerful against regalia/half dragon and dark prince/infernal lord. i would say it's a curse for these BIG 4s. swamp shamen/deep dragon also good but with the earth element in it, defence drops as dark prince/regalia have spirit to hit hard on them. So eldritch keeper might be a good back up when comes head to head with swamp shamen/deep dragon/wicked w/wurm. many might say mono element not worth investing , but it's all up to individual.

i would say it's rare to come by a maxed out storm soc/hydromancer, so wurm can keep in the wardrobe, only use when u fight that someone.......maybe me LOL.....

i'm not rushing on my half dragon though it has such nice stats, but the earth element is really a flaw.why? too less air element in arena. when against wicked w/dark prince/regalia/spectral/sky G, the high defence is weaken with the earth element in it and thus ended up with a 0% advantage, as it's suppose to beat off these spirit elemental armours easily but got screwed back.....

conclusion is, you may not be lucky enough to win those top armours from DPCs to be powerful, but you may still win with the right strategy.

cheers !!

yyace
05-13-2013, 03:33 PM
yea your knights owned mine....until I switched my order lol

ang1977
05-13-2013, 04:11 PM
yea your knights owned mine....until I switched my order lol well i guess we are on par, as i'm the one to make the 1st move, so you may suffer a little disadvantage. before your sp is charged up with your that last hit, i may have able to finish you off as my sp charged up faster than you by a hit away.any way your knights are very strong too, fighting you need serious considerations unless i've fought you mins ago with your armours and placings still staying fresh in mind. cheers ^.^

Ryuugan
05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
yeah having the best armor doesnt mean u always wins... the main point is having the right element advantage order and lvl on par against the enemy

DeHello
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
How do u get swamp shaman +?

Neomagic
05-14-2013, 10:31 AM
How do u get swamp shaman +?

You have to level the Swamp Shaman armor to lvl 20. Then you should be able to craft the Swamp Shaman+ from the shop

DeHello
05-15-2013, 02:19 AM
You have to level the Swamp Shaman armor to lvl 20. Then you should be able to craft the Swamp Shaman+ from the shop

Thanks Man Im pretty new to this game So if u could add me it would me greatly appreciated
My code is :XBB XCP PVV

Eunuchorn
05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
This is William. He was in #1 first few days.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s657/TehEunuchorn/null_zps72f06d64.jpg

With 515 energy left, I think it's safe to say Gold is mine. ;)

& ill have a nice head start next tourney

Ryuugan
05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
1st rank is 100k points... legendary out and player start to spend gems LOL

Eunuchorn
05-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Good thing I already have a cloudkeeper. I plan on putting up a good fight for Black starting in 5 hours

Eunuchorn
05-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Everyone keep a close eye on Gold medal! Black was bought & paid for, it's the new 5th place that has the real excitement.

Me & Will going head to head